Frequent Posters

krati5 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
plz update it soon nd also add me to d list
sweetwidheart thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 4
interesting one...continue soon... and me to ur PM...
mrk-1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
wow nice start up !!!!!!! enjoyed it .... add me to ur pm list ....
Jiwan08 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Guys, thanks for all the support and comments. I'm glad you all liked the way Maan was portrayed. Here's the third and last part to chapter one, hope you like it. Sorry for any errors, don't have time to read through it.

Chapter 1: Persuasion- Part III

01:00- Handa Residence

"Geeet," Gurpreet whispered outside the door, "bhalu, open the door." He could hear her sobbing halt for a second, just to start at a faster rate again. "Geet open the door please, let's talk about this."

"What's there to talk about, you've already made up your mind!" exclaimed Geet.

"That's not true Geet. I just need some time to think about this. It's an enormous decision and I can't just say 'yes' without taking the time to contemplate it," reasoned Gurpreet, patiently standing outside the door.

"Well then you did you say 'no' without thinking about it?" came the retort.

"I got overwhelmed and said the first think that came to my head. Please Geet, open the door, won't you let me come in and explain?"

Gupreet heard the bed creak as Geet got up to walk towards the door. Opening the door, she turned straight around and walked back to the bed, plonking herself upon it. Gurpreet walked towards her, a slight smile now crossing his lips. Taking a seat next to her he asked, "Now tell me why you really want to go on exchange to India? If I'm happy with your reasons I might just change my mind."

Speaking through her sniffles, Geet finally looked up at re father and responded. "Daddy, I wanna go somewhere with just my friends, meet new people, do new things and have some exhilarating fun. I've always been so sheltered and have seen the world only as you've shown it to me but now I want to see it from a new perspective, my own perspective."

"But why New Delhi, why not somewhere else like Canada or Britain?"

"Because I don't know anyone there and if I went to Canada or Britain you'd make me stay with one of our relatives. I don't want that, I want to explore new surroundings without someone directing or keeping an eye me."

"Is there anything else you want to add?" questioned Gurpreet.

"Yes. Please let me go!" Geet pleaded.

"Ok, I will think about it tonight and discuss it with your mother. I'm also going to have a word with Aman's parents and find about their relatives." Geet suddenly jerked her head up, surprised by Gurpreet's response. He's actually considering it, she thought surprised, I had given up all hope. "Don't look at me like that, i haven't said 'yes' yet. I'll let you know my answer tomorrow afternoon."

With that Gurpreet gave his daughter a small hug and got up to leave the room. Half-way out the door he turned back and whispered, "Geet, just remember one thing; your mum and I have never made any distinction between you and Ansh and we never will."  Spinning back around he walked out the room, leaving behind a guilt stricken Geet.

13:00 - Handa Residence

Hearing the phone ring Geet ran towards it. "Hello?"

"Geet, its daddy. I'm at work and just wanted to let you know that your mother and I have made a decision." Geet held her breath, waiting for the moment of revelation. "You and Aman may go to Dehli."

"What?"

"I said you can go."

"OH MY GOD, really?!" exclaimed Geet, a massive smile breaking out on her face.

"Yes really, but there is are two conditions and you have to agree to both. No compromises Geet."

"I agree!" Geet replied, already thinking about how much fun she was going to have.

"No, Geet. I want you to here the conditions beforehand so you can't back out of them later."

"What are they?" Geet questioned, starting to get a little anxious.

"First of all, you will live in a girl's hostel on campus so it's easier for you to get to your classes and you won't be wondering around the streets of Delhi. Secondly, when your semester in India finishes you will go to our home in Chandigarh and meet us there."

"Are you all going to come to India at the end of the semester?"

"Yes but this is not the entire second condition. Once in India will start looking for a groom for you, and will keep our eyes out for one here as well."

"WHAT?!?!" screamed Geet. "But daddy, I'm only twenty-three!"

"You will be twenty-four by then and as you've already pointed out; you won't have any time once your internship starts."

"But daddy, marriage?"

"If you have any one else on your mind tell me now Geet."

"It's not that daddy, but marriage?"

"You don't have to get married straight away, we'll just do the engagement and then you can come back and complete your studies. The wedding can be organised for a later date."

Geet did not reply. Marriage, already? She thought.

"Those are the two conditions Geet, let me know when you've decided. Bye."

What do I do? Go on exchange and come back engaged or continue living life in ignorant bliss.

Ok, so tell me what you alll think in a long comment. Don't forget to hit the 'like' button if you enjoyed it.

Jiwan

Edited by Jiwan08 - 13 years ago
dimpzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey jiwan!
great FF
i really like d concept
plz add me to ur pm list!

luv
Navpreet
namita25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks a ton Jiwan for the update..........😳
so finally Geet's father has given her permission to go to Delhi......😃
and her father need not worry about geet's marriage ....she is gonna find her groom herself...I am sure of that........😉
really liked Geet's reasons for going to Delhi...she wants to be independent...😊

love
Namita😳

hermoini thumbnail
wow nice 1 ....parents r parents after all .....marriage is always on der mind .....thanks fr the llink .....nd real nice1
Jiwan08 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: bluedreamz953

Please update soon yaar...hahaha he blasted on everyone!!!

Hey, i'm glad you liked it. I'm having trouble liking ur post so decided to comment on it, didn't want you to feel left out. 😃

Jiwan
Edited by Jiwan08 - 13 years ago
SahSah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hey that was just so goood...really loving it all...so good...
u are fab....superb...do cont'd soon and keep writing

bluedreamz953 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
cool....lolz..she'll have to get married
thanks for the wonderful update
please update soon