India :

Deepika :

Care :

Blue :

Sky :

Truth :

Friend :

Hate :

abhi itne hi ... goin through the previous pages ..
will read ur earlier ans. fir aati hu ... 😆😆😆
Dpka1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Wow, superb topic, Anisha!👏 Really in-depth.

I think the only thing I can say about the topic is that it is the duty of a family member to correct the wrongs of the wrongdoer. Whether that well-wisher is one's parent, wife, or child, the person doing the wrong has a duty to listen, and the well-wisher has the duty to advise him on the correct path. Ram himself said Meghnad had to die, because he was supporting Ravan in his bad cause. To support a sin is the same as committing the sin, because you are not letting the person know that he is treading the path of wrong. Meghnad not only supported Ravan, he encouraged him in every action until the very end when he realized the truth, but by then it was too late and his advice went through empty ears. A son is supposed to be his father's friend and well-wisher, and a friend and well-wisher always criticizes the other when he is doing Adharma, and Meghnad failed as a son when it came to that aspect. Loyalty is a very vague term. One must know when to be loyal, and when to break away from one's family to save themselves from sin and ruin. Meghnad at least should have refused to help his father in his evil deeds, even if it meant death, because death at the hands of his father at least would have given him moksha, while going against God and supporting his father only brought him infame.

Prahlad is a different story, because he did warn his father. Even though he was years younger than Meghnad....a mere child, he warned his father a countless number of times that hate towards Sri Hari would only bring him ruin, but Hiranyakashipu would not listen. Prahlada never supported his father in his actions, so no blame can be given to him like in Meghnad's case. Prahlada always went against his father and prayed to Sri Hari for grace and protection, and because of that, in the end, Hiranyakashipu was killed while Prahlada was spared and protected.

Before anything else in life, one must support Dharma, because Dharma is God and God is Dharma. If Dharma means to support one's family, then one must support it unconditionally, while if Dharma means to go against one's family, they must do so like in Vibhishna's case, because that alone takes them to God.

Hope I made sense and wasn't ranting unnecessarily.😳

-Janu

first of all awesome topic Anisha ... 👏👏👏👏

okk coming to what u said di ..
i agree with ur view point that every family member is a well-wisher ... no matter what the relationship is ... is can be Husband-Wife,Brother-Sister,Father-son ... anythng ...
we all have to accept the ETERNAL truth that there's nothing over and above DHARMA !!
if it would not have been the case ... there would have been no Mahabharata ... there also Brothers fought against brothers ...just for reconstituting DHARMA !!
Had Dharma been not theSupreme goal of this Srishti ... Lord Krishna or Lord Rama or for that matter Lord Vishnu would not have incarnated ... Qouting the words from BRC MB "JAB JAB DHARM KI HAANI HOTI HAI TAB TAB ME AATA HU PAARTH"

okkk i guess i m deviating the topic .. 😛
coming back to Parent-Child duties, Anisha 😉 ... what i learn from these mythos is its the duty of both Parents as well as the child to understand whats Dharma...?? Parents should teach n guide their  child with their experiences ... but if the parents r on the wrong path .. then its the duty of the child to guide his parents .. there's no gr8 deed in the world than showing the path of Dharma..

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Deeps, how are your parents now? Hope they're feeling better. :)
Dpka1415 thumbnail

Hey Deeps, how are your parents now? Hope they're feeling better. :)

hey di ... mom's good now but dad is not feeling well ... he's feeling weakness 😕
Dpka1415 thumbnail

Hi Deeps, sooooooooooooo glad you're back.🤗 Glad you had a great time as Bits.😃 You can answer your remaining questions any time the coming few days, will be waiting.😉 And Lola and I posted a few pic updates on Pgs. 35, 36, and 48.....when you find the time, can you make some siggies please?😃

Hmm, I don't know how to calculate birth tithis, my dad does that.😆 Perhaps if you PM me if you info or something, I can ask him.😳 It changes from year to year, as birth tithis are never the same like dates.

eheheheeee... sure di .. will siggy those pic updates !!😳😳😳
thnks for such amazing pics ... awww no probs di .. i'll give u the details sometime .. if uncle ji will get some free time then plz req. him from my side.. otherwise no probs ! 😉😊

wwoooowwww loved ur Meghnaad-Sulochana siggies di ... 👏👏👏

plus i also saw the Radhe-Krishna siggies few pages back .. they r just awesome ..
will add them i my slideshow .... di plzzz suggest where to make slideshows???? i want to add more than 10frames in a slideshow but picassion.comdoesnt allow that 😡

@Lola... heyyyy yaaraa... how r u ?? haan aaj maine reply toh kia hai DOTW ka..will read more post then will reply 😳... aaj kal IF me kuch prob hai shayad .. i wasnt able to login yesterday ! 😡
u also facing somethng like dis 😕
yeah mom ko rest hi karva rahe hai abhi ... yooo babes !! will make siggies in bulk 😆
abhi ek Shivji ka wallpaper bnaya hai ... nd woh Radhe-Krishna wali bhi post karti hu which u saw on my lounge .... thnks for liking that siggy dear 😳😳😳
wwooowwww loved ur siggy of Vasudevji with Maharishi Garg... loved the clarity of the pics in the lower panel ...gr88888 work dear 👏👏
n wat to say about that Chudamani pics siggies !! Fantastic job dear !!😃😃👏👏👏👏
Dpka1415 thumbnail

guyzzz gotta go rite now !!

will be back @night 😊
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I found out what the other works of Tulsidas ji are 😊
1. Dohavali
2. Kavitavali
3. Gitavali
4. Krishnavali
5. Vinay patrika
6. Parvati Mangal (which I have also read)
7. Janaki Mangal (which I am reading)
8. Hanuman Bahuka
9. Ramajna Prashna
10. Baravai Ramayan
11. Sankat Mochan
12. Vairagya Sandipani
and as Lola said..Hanuman chalisa,ashtak and bajrang baan
If anyone read one of more of these books please share the info with us 😃
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dpka1415

Okkkkkk... Shivang Bhaiya ...

here's the 1st set of ques. :

Rapid fire round :

Chocolate or Ice-cream : Chocolate Icecream 😃 😃

Coke or Pepsi : Neither

Cricket or CWG : Cricket

College or School : College

Friendship Or Love : Love between friends

Ans. the 1st thing which come to ur mind after the following words :

God : Krishna

Ramayan : The serial - My childhood/My life/My love 😃

Rain : Sweet smell of soil

India : Land of Ram and Krishna

Deepika : You 😊

Care : My father 

Blue : Ocean 

Sky : Freedom

Truth : Knowledge, Conscience, Knowledge of conscience

Friend : Understanding

Hate : Duryodhan 😆

abhi itne hi ... goin through the previous pages ..
will read ur earlier ans. fir aati hu ... 😆😆😆

Will be waiting eagerly.👍🏼

Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 years ago
...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

hiiii shivang bhaiyya, thank you so much for answering my ques!🤗 loved reading the answers !! i agree, I too think Dara singh was the best of the entire cast, and then deepikaji.😃 loved your answers about new ramayan, glad that you are not totally put off by guru and debi.Embarrassed😆 if you ever find the free time, you should defintly watch new ramayana. it is not as great as old ramayana of course, but it has its own set of morals and in the end of the day, it is a good show, better than the trashy soaps coming on nowadays.Embarrassed will be back with more ques!
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot Mina. Yes. The acting of Guru-Debi doesn't totally put me off really.😃 As for watching new mythos is concerned, I can only say that during my free time, I only watch the old mythos again & again going deep into them enjoying the bliss & the essence. I don't watch any of the TV shows currently being shown with any regularity. One or two (I just left watching a few weeks ago else I was watching 3-4 but that too irregularly) I see are just a light entertaining or message giving shows and that too are not with bondage on a regular basis. If at all I will get any chance/inspiration automatically to watch these serials somehow by the wish of God, then of course being spiritual creation and also based on old mythos, I will unbiasedly watch them and like them. If I don't watch them without bias, then it would mean that I haven't understood any essence from the old mythos because what these mythos teach us to be open minded rather than the person with prejudice. So if I am closed minded and don't want to appreciate the serials at any cost for no reason, that would mean that I don't deserve to be called the fan of Old mythos. But I feel that all morals and spiritual teachings are content wise covered in old mythos and hence they are complete that way. So if I don't feel urgency or need to watch anything else is different from the point that I don't want to appreciate them. If I would watch them, I would be surely watching them to enjoy and positively appreciate. Until then I am enjoying the sufficient stuff with me deeply without initiating on my part. Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 years ago