Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Wow, aMAZing work, Lola!!! Love the siggie, it's soooooooo sweet! Esp this version!

Ephotobay's currently down, so my slideshow's gone for the moment, but once it's back up, this one's def going in.πŸ˜ƒ

Lols, I'll take your word for it. Some Telugu songs don't make sense when translated to English either, I think that's just the case for most Indian songs.πŸ˜†

Btw, yes, I got your other PM...trying to find some good MandodariSita pics.😳

Are you going to be on tonight? I am. I'm currently a bit free so I'm going to be updating the BRC CC.
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks a bunch Lalibali, glad you liked ☺️ And oh yeah, slideshows... forgot about those πŸ˜† I'll come up with a list over this week since reqs should start pouring in again.

And yessss I'm here, gotta read some pdfs before class tomorrow. Awesomeness. Sadly not much to update there yet though πŸ˜”

And okie dokes, I'll send some too if you need 'em - or at least scene ideas 😳
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Shivang bhaiya, here goes round one of your interview... no general questions from me, straight to the hard-hitters πŸ˜† Enjoy πŸ˜›

Running commentary on each of the following scenes - technical (acting, music, whatever), practical (situational significance) and devotional - go ahead and cover all of it - and if you want a refresher I can send links πŸ˜‰

- Dashrath and Kaikeyi regarding the 3 boons (not when Ram enters, but before)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTD9TWVkrjY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwGUV4eEHVY

- Lakshman's blasting for Sugreev when he forgets about his promise, and everyone else's attempts at damage control
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOp-ShHrF6s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96czfVhZySo

- Sita Maa's first ghaas ka tinka scene
(4:30 into this clip) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmq_QHhzXWw

- Ugrasen and Kans in response to the murder of Keertiman, up until when the former is imprisoned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASLuhNqEiLM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAl-YSoL-PA

- Vasudev finds out about baby Balram's name and baby Kanha's existence 😍
http://movietime4u.blogspot.com/2009/01/krishna-part-45.html

- Makhan chor senapati with the gopis in the scene that leads up to "shesh ki sej pe soyike jo prabhu neend mein srishti ko bhaar uthaave"
http://movietime4u.blogspot.com/2009/01/krishna-part-56.html

And because that simply isn't enough, 2 fanfic challenges 😈

1) convo between Lakshman and Vibhishan soon after the latter joins Shri Ram's camp, in which they discuss the differences in their brotherly relationships and cultivate understanding, respect, and friendship for each other

2) Childhood story of Devaki and Kans sorta like my Ravan-Vibs one by which we get a glimpse of their differing personalities

Have fun πŸ€—
Edited by lola610 - 13 years ago
.anishaa. thumbnail

Originally posted by: LOLAnisha

DOTW
Parent-child duties in context of these mytho stories, and how their lessons can be applied today. Obviously there's the Ram-Dashratha katha, but at the same time we have Ravan-Meghnaad as well as Prahlad-Hiranyakashyapu. What do you do when the parent's going the wrong way and imparting wrong values??

Hey guys! I'm back 😳 Finished a paper I was working on and now I'm gonna respond to my DOTW πŸ˜† 
I read all your replies and comments! Great job! πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘ Janu's and Lola's were oustanding! I'm gonna respond to them tomorrow after I finish more homework 😳 And thanks guys for appreciating this, the DOTW was Lola's idea 😊 
@Aish Happy Birthday! πŸ˜ƒ 
Here's more cake and presents! 😊 Don't know if you prefer chocolate or vanilla so giving you both πŸ˜†

@Gunia I'm so sorry your bua is in pain 😭 But she will get better, please have faith and leave it to God 😊 I'll pray for her!

@ShivangBuch Thanks Bhaiyya! Congratulations for the spotlight! It'll be fun to read your answers, thanks for giving such nice and descriptive ones πŸ˜ƒ 

.anishaa. thumbnail

Originally posted by: arun-deeps

@Lolanisha Di-
Hello Di...grt  pics of Bhagwati Lakshmi😳 Superb finds...Angel 3its just I wanna tel U if U don't really mind....I think dat one pic is not of Lakshmi mata...it is of Vedmata Gayatri😊

Thanks! Superb icons πŸ˜ƒ No not at all Smile Cool! Which one?
Has anyone ever watched Jai Ganga Maiyya? Or a serial on Gayatri mata? I have the Gayatri mata pack at home, gonna watch it soon.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Hey Guys,

After a loooooong time, here is a Rakshaskul siggie I made....Indrajit and Sulochana from their last farewell scene😭....feel free to use!

-Janu
.anishaa. thumbnail

Originally posted by: LOLAnisha

DOTW
Parent-child duties in context of these mytho stories, and how their lessons can be applied today. Obviously there's the Ram-Dashratha katha, but at the same time we have Ravan-Meghnaad as well as Prahlad-Hiranyakashyapu. What do you do when the parent's going the wrong way and imparting wrong values??

A parent and child have a unqiue relationship. A parent gives birth, cares for, and tends to every need of the child, with selfless and pure love and expects nothing in return. Just like God. Still, it is the child's duty to serve his or her parents, listen to them, and give them respect, love, and care.
But what happens when your parents are going in the wrong directions themselves? Like Ravan? Well, I think a child thinks whatever a parent does is what he or she should do. The parent is the child's role model and constant example. When that constant example, always before the child's eyes is bad, the child needs divine and positive intervention, preferably before he is negatively affected, as in Prahlad's case. Prahlad learned devotion from sage Narad as a baby in his mother womb to a tender age in childhood, and after experiencing his divine touch, coming to terms with his father's cruelty and evil nature wasn't difficult for him. He wasn't swayed. Meghnad didn't get any intervention and blindly followed his father's footsteps--that took him straight to his doom.
Also, if you know your parent is wrong, not like they won't let you go to the mall without doing your homework πŸ˜†, but like if they smoke (God forbid! πŸ˜•), don't blindly imitate them and smoke when you reach their age. Shield yourself from something you know is obviously wrong and try to help free them of their vice(s). What if Meghnad had tried to help Ravan? Would he have listened to his dear son? Maybe not, as it was planned a certain way in the Lord's leela, but you get the point πŸ˜†
Edited by LOLAnisha - 13 years ago
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Whoops! I'm so sorry I'm late! Thank you all for the beautiful wishes and presents! Will use them immediately <3 I will thank you all individually once I come home from school. And thank you Janki for the thread! It's beautiful and a very nice suprise!

Anisha, nice DOTW question! WIll answer that after school!

And Shivang Bhaiyya, congrats on being BITS! WIll posts some questions soon.

Will also comment on all the creations soon :)
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Dear all members. Jai Shri Krishna.

In stead of posting my reading of the CC so far in my earlier reserved post, I am posting it now here only. I enjoyed all the posts of the members on various brilliant topics raised. Topic of Hinduism, Multiple forms of Lord, Sita mata's origin. I have saved all the contents and hardly anything to add from my side other than summarizing. Brilliantly done in the CC so far.

And the DOTW started by Anisha is superb and the first three posts by Anisha, Lalitha and Lola are the best of the discussions we have in all CCs so far. Just complete and clear posts. Very very nice going. Discussions, siggies, video links everything. I word to word agree with what Lalitha has to say on this topic.

@Lola

Thank you dear sister.

Really hard hitter questions they are Lola. Toughest interview ever.😊 It will take a long time for the ball to come down from the sky πŸ˜†. I hope they will not be home run and I can catch them soon.πŸ˜ƒ Fielder is focusing on its height and speed.😊

@Deepika

How is everything Deepika now? Quiz me hi maza aa raha hai na? Dekha maine kitna late reply kiya. You posted at the start of the CC giving me and Debipriya a big honour. Aur dekho tumhara bhaiya. Kitna lazy hai.πŸ˜ƒ Waiting for your questions eagerly.
Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 years ago
...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hiiii guys,

guru bhaiyya, ramji of new ramayan, has been hosipitalized because he is seriously illl.πŸ₯Ί plssss pray for his recovery, am really worried for him bc doctors say they think it is serious. they are running some tests but nothing is known yet.😭

you all know guru is my favorite, so am really sad and worried!!!😭 ramji canot be sick !!
Edited by ILuvGuruDebi - 13 years ago