Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikhi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I think 'selfish' is simply the wrong word to use. As an AR fan, I disagreed with Shashank's suggestions that went against AR. But how exactly is he being selfish? He's not really gaining anything!
whiterider thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Really awesome post.And as Luvarti said : This is just nothing.These AR fans can sink to ANY level and bash ANYONE in order to justify their jodi's reunion.U r absolutely right.What a father does should be considered from his point of view.He may be wrong but his intentions are not.Just ignore these guys.
We SR fans have tried our best to come to some compromise against them but its useless.So just forget it.
StarshineHues thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MagicalKash

And this is why my post was not meant for you!😛
You still didn't understand what I and Aditi  wanted to say through the topic..So there is no use arguing!
And plz don't get personal!

Thank you so much Parul !! 🤗

Exactly, we're on an entirely different wavelength, there's no point arguing.

sana.samir thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well, To be honest I've seen many fathers be selfish in their matter to kill their own childs happiness! So Dr Shashank being selfish is only natural, and acceptable so to speak in this matter. I wouldn't personally say it's acceptable but disgusted that such fathers can be selfish to win their personal desires of what is best fr their child. If you have been watching DMG from August 2007, you'll clearly understand how egoistic and selfish Dr Shashank really is. Emotionally blackmailing his own daughter?!?do you regard that as acceptable for a father to do??? Clearly no! I presume and hope!

Well, whatever people may say! Peace out <3
wilddevil2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
When sum AR fans call Shanky selfish they mean that while wanting d best for Ridz he has hurt Armaan. His decisions maybe correct if u take into consideration Ridz happiness. But as a human & not in d capacity of a father his decisions wen u think abt Ammy have been wrong.
A father is not wrong in wanting his child's happiness but donot forget that d other person (in this case Ammy) is also sumbody's child.   

I would like 2 ask u a question did Shanky's decision of hiding abt Ammy actually brought her happiness? I only saw her happy after Ammy left her in Panchgani wid Sid which led 2 SR marriage due 2 Ridz's yelling rape rape & later came back & united her wid Sid.
As far as marriage is concerned it was SR decision.

DMG is just a fictional show where characters can b made 2 do things which r diff from reality. So I don't think that everything abt father needs 2 apply on Shanky.

If we talk abt fathers in reality than u should know that all kind of people exist in this world. Don't believe me toh news dekha karo.

P.S. Though I'm not AR Fan I would request u 2 try & understand their POV.

If by any means my post has hurt any person than I would like 2 apologise.
abandoned thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: monar

<font color="#993300" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">being mature and being adult are 2 different things, I think if a grown up child is ready to commit a crime or ready to spoil his/her life for something which is uncertain (at least that time Armaan coming back was 99% not happening ) any father or for that matter any person who loves you would have done the same thing, Shashank or any father would have been wrong provided he knew his child's lover is there to embrace his child,
but here the case was Riddhima loosing the sanity for uncertain future,

to cure any disease, u need to go through torturous and painful courses of treatment that doesnt mean Doc is culprit.

there is difference when a Doc hold a knife and when a criminal holds a knife and the day you will understand it, u will appreciate every father who dared to be wrong in his child's perspective to make his child's life rightfully the best!</font>

is there any compulsion dat u have to die of pain the whole of ur lifetime?i never said dat shanky shuld sit quiet watching his child in pain....and nor am i goin to go offtopic by mentionin dat she shuldnt have married wen she really luved armaan...yes she was unsure of his combak bt is there any custom dat evry girl born shuld marry.....NO...moving on doesnt mean u shuld forget ur past...it only means u do not live in ur past and haunt urslef in dat past.....nw just imagine u lose ur beloved one by death...can u cry each and every day....yes u cant live in dta pain bt u cant just get over da fact he dead ..and nw i dont need him...such was da luv of AR...and as far as shanky is concerned..yes he was being a gud father....bt he did the wrong way.......dat all my pointEdited by arluver4life - 13 years ago
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: arluver4life

is there any compulsion dat u have to die of pain the whole of ur lifetime?i never said dat shanky shuld sit quiet watching his child in pain....and nor am i goin to go offtopic by mentionin dat she shuldnt have married wen she really luved armaan...yes she was unsure of his combak bt is there any custom dat evry girl born shuld marry.....NO...moving on doesnt mean u shuld forget ur past...it only means u do not live in ur past and haunt urslef in dat past.....nw just imagine u lose ur beloved one by death...can u cry each and every day....yes u cant live in dta pain bt u cant just get over da fact he dead ..and nw i dont need him...such was da luv of AR...and as far as shanky is concerned..yes he was being a gud father....bt he did the wrong way.......dat all my point

first of all, if I loose someoone with whom I shared a relationship for 2 years can never come between my love and respect for my parents. I acknowledge the love but throwing urself in uncertainty is beyond my understanding. As I said if person is not in senses then its reponsibility of near ones to bring him/her back to sense and sensibility.

Coming to your point, no not all girls/guys or for that matters any damn individual is born to be married, but then why do people marry? the answer is completeness and togetherness. and no parent on earth wants their child to stay alone with the feeling of emptiness in life.
and now my point how the hell on earth two years infatuation (yes I will call it infatuation and attraction more than love ) can be compared to love of Mom Dad you sacrificed their well being for your up bringing? I anytime can spare my so called LOVE for my mom-dad and I feel every child shall respect that.

MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sana.malik

Well, To be honest I've seen many fathers be selfish in their matter to kill their own childs happiness! So Dr Shashank being selfish is only natural, and acceptable so to speak in this matter. I wouldn't personally say it's acceptable but disgusted that such fathers can be selfish to win their personal desires of what is best fr their child. If you have been watching DMG from August 2007, you'll clearly understand how egoistic and selfish Dr Shashank really is. Emotionally blackmailing his own daughter?!?do you regard that as acceptable for a father to do??? Clearly no! I presume and hope!

Well, whatever people may say! Peace out <3

Yes ,contrary to ppl's belief I have seen DMG from starting,from KaSh jungle epi..And hence I think I can with full confidence contradict your assumption of shashank being egoistic and selfish..When has he emotionally blaickmailed his own daughter?? Did he beg hertomarry?? No it was who herself saw how her parents were being treated by society due to her own mistake and hence she took the decision to marry.Even when his wife was cring and so Sad ,he still didn't ask Ridz to give in to presure.Whatever he did that time maybe correct for many and wrong for many other.Its perspective but one think is sure he wasnt selfish...Coz he'll be selfish for what?
MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: wilddevil2010

When sum AR fans call Shanky selfish they mean that while wanting d best for Ridz he has hurt Armaan. His decisions maybe correct if u take into consideration Ridz happiness. But as a human & not in d capacity of a father his decisions wen u think abt Ammy have been wrong.

Read the posts clearly and you'll realise they don't mean that!
A father is not wrong in wanting his child's happiness but donot forget that d other person (in this case Ammy) is also sumbody's child.   
How many times will I say this,that at time Shashank saw Armaan as a BAD boy and hence found him not fit for his daughter,thats not insensitive,thats just being careful about your daughters life..But when he realisedthat Armaan truly was a nice guy and loved his daughter..Didnt he give in?
I would like 2 ask u a question did Shanky's decision of hiding abt Ammy actually brought her happiness? I only saw her happy after Ammy left her in Panchgani wid Sid which led 2 SR marriage due 2 Ridz's yelling rape rape & later came back & united her wid Sid.
As far as marriage is concerned it was SR decision.

DMG is just a fictional show where characters can b made 2 do things which r diff from reality. So I don't think that everything abt father needs 2 apply on Shanky.

If we talk abt fathers in reality than u should know that all kind of people exist in this world. Don't believe me toh news dekha karo.

Arent those ppl psychopath and mentally unstable,who kill their daughters for talking to their BFs..Doesnt the news channel say that too?? ANd Shashank from beginningof the show has not shown any characterstics of being mentally unstable so don't put him in that category.

P.S. Though I'm not AR Fan I would request u 2 try & understand their POV.
As I said in my post I understand and sympathise with them but I don't understand the need of tainting a father-daughter relationship

If by any means my post has hurt any person than I would like 2 apologise.

Edited by MagicalKash - 13 years ago
sana.samir thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well, emotional blackmail can have many forms, it doesn't only merely have to be begging. I've always had my doubts on Dr Shashank, and I don't regret any bit of what I thought he is. Fathers usually go to any extent to make their child happy, whether that means killing their desires just so that their child can be happy. But it's been the opposite here. I don't want to dwell upon it neither do I have the time.

He is egoistic. If he wasn't then he would have excepted Armaan coz his child 'loved' or "liked" whatever you want to call it. He hardly ever did, eventually he did give, hence the roka they had. He knew the truth about Armaan, but didn't tell Riddhima, hmmm I wonder why? Telling half a truth is considered lying. He for his selfish needs didn't want AR to be together. Bitter the truth, still the truth. He didn't want to give in to the fact that his ego will be defeated. Initially wasn't Siddhant Modi a riot in Riddhimas life? TAINTING HER CHARACTER? Photographs? And what not? So does it make him a better person in Shashanks eyes when Armaan wouldn't dream of doing such a thing to Riddhima? Fine- once Armaan did scare Riddhima, coming into her room, primarily becoz she faked her rape, to take revenge!Edited by sana.malik - 13 years ago