Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

uppaas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Parul awesome post...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘I think Shanky is a very sensible father..He knew Ridz and armaan..he was never in favour of A as a son in law..but gave in becoz of his daughter..YET armaan left......
So Shanky did the next best thing..He offered a suggestion to Sid and Ridz best UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES...Life is such you never know what happenns at any point of time..

Today shanky s judgement proved sooo true and correct THAT RIDZ FOUND HER SOULMATE ..SHE NEVER HAD THIS COMPATIBILITY AND UNDERSTANDING WITH ARMAAN...

She loves Sid uncondionally whereas her love for Armaan was always with CONDITIONS>.

Shanky IS A FANTASTIC DAD..Any dad wld do what he did..ILOVE SHANKY.........
MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Epiphany-I don't think that was insensitivity when he asked Armaan to stay back( Are you talking about that?) coz if Armaan would have gone away that way then AR wouldn't have got a proper closure and would have never moved on.
And about asking Ridz to move on.. Didn't she had to move ahead in life at one point of time or another?? Coz at that moment Armaan was surely not coming back Then what was the use of her going on mourning and waiting! And wouldn't the wait would have made Ridz more depressed and sad coz whatever happened due to the marriage.. It helped ridz she did move on in life andshe's happy now.. Isn't she?
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
There might be weak, bad, rude and can't-do-anything-in-life kind of fathers..

But no father in the world can be .. Selfish..

GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT post Parul.. MUCH MUCH needed!πŸ‘

And also one more thing -- It's not that anyone who hurts Armaan is SelfishπŸ˜†
Edited by prerna4rishav - 13 years ago
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
@Parul(I saw your name in the replies):- Absolute fantastic and sensible post which I have seen on DMG forum. Yes a parent always has best interests of their children at heart. You can not say that Shashank was a selfish father. Yes he did do some errors when he was judging Armaan but I think it was natural. Riddhima was the apple of his eyes and when he sees a complete playboy woo her and try to win over her any father would have reacted the same way. He tried to protect his precious daughter and you can't blame him for that. Then when he did accept AR's love fate played a cruel game. Armaan decided to leave Riddhima alone. Then what was the father supposed to do. He tried to shield his daughter from the pain, the pain of seeing Armaan suffer a sure and  painful death. That is the normal instinct of the parents. Trust me if I know something is going to shake my daughter in and out would I tell her that truth. NO way never and even though I know I should tell her the truth I possibly will try to delay putting the truth out as much as I can. Why. Because that is the natural instinct. Note here I said it was a natural thing to do but necessarily not the correct thing to do. I don't want to debate whether he should have said the truth or not because that is really immaterial. He did all he could to save his daughter more pain and that is simple.

Regarding the marriage of SR it was coincidental. Riddhima screamed Rape in front of everyone when she should have known better. Armaan left her when she was dying when he should have known that it would be death blow to Riddhima. And Shashank though broken should never have sent Sid with Riddhima in the first place. He should have sent someone like Atul or Anjali but see that is fate and destiny that made Sid go with Riddhima. If Sid didn't happen to hear the conversation between Riddhima and her dad on terrace then he would not have agreed so readily to go and maybe Shashank would not have sent him too. So I feel Destiny played a role in getting SR together and you can't blame a father for that.

Do I agree to the manner in which the SR marriage happened. No I would not. I would not have agreed for a quick wedding because I know my daughter is going through a major setback in life but once again it is only a natural reaction of a parent to see his daughter settle in life. Did he do a correct decision. I feel his decision was wrong not for Riddhima but for Sid who had to endure a marriage which started out on the worst note possible with his would be bride consuming poison. Shashank thought about his daughter's well being as a real father would do and you can't blame him for that.

MagicalKash thumbnail
@Sarada(ryt?)
I LOVE LOVE your post!! And that's exactly what I'm saying Shashank may have not done the ryt thing by hiding truth but it's the exact thing any parent would have done without thinking twice cause the first thing in a parents list is to see their child happy and they would do anything for that whether ryt or wrong and that surely doesn't make all of them selfish!
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: MagicalKash

@Sarada(ryt?)
I LOVE LOVE your post!! And that's exactly what I'm saying Shashank may have not done the ryt thing by hiding truth but it's the exact thing any parent would have done without thinking twice cause the first thing in a parents list is to see their child happy and they would do anything for that whether ryt or wrong and that surely doesn't make all of them selfish!

Hi Parul yeah I am Sarada. I am known in the forum but I am not that active reason being my high flying demanding job in networking industry and a full family. But I hope to talk to you more often and yeah nice to see sensible posts in DMG for a change. Kudos for that.
Edited by psarada - 13 years ago
MagicalKash thumbnail
^I would love to talk to you!:DEdited by MagicalKash - 13 years ago
leave them yaar..................why only father daughter they abused every relation on earth just to justify "their jodi's" re union

this is NOTHING.............they hv sunk wayyyyyyyyyy lower than this

dmg_lovditonce thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

i respected ur views TM...i m nt even blaming shashank wen he didnt accept armaan n riddhimas relatnship..bcoz he thot armaan is nt gud 4 her daughter..d pt i disrespected him was wen he allowed riddhima 2 marry sid..just bcoz of society???he knew riddhima was nt over armaan yet...he shud have waited before getting his daughter married...if i was in riddhimas cnditn my dad wud have said..i m always wid u..dnt listen 2 wat ppl r saying..dogs wud alwaz bark..u dnt nid 2 marry if u dnt wnt 2...dats y i luv my dad n lyk u a gr8 fan of a father-daughter relatn..

KaShfan7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think I understand you right now. Now if I'm not wrong Parul, you are not trying to judge Shashank's decision. You dont care if it was right or not. You're just trying to justify it. You're trying to say that he did it with good intentions and did not get SR married because he was selfish.
If this is what you mean then I am absolutely with you! Selfish and insensitive are definetly not the words to use to describe Shashank. I feel that Shashank felt that the best thing for Riddhima would be to get married as he thought Armaan was not going to come back.
I don't think he cared about what society thought about him. I think he cared about what the society would do to Riddhima. Society never forgets anything and therefore never shuts up! He didnt want Riddhima to have to go through things that society would throw upon her as she was already depressed.
And this whole Armaan thing that everyone seems to be bringing up, Shashank isnt Armaan's father. His first and foremost priority was Riddhima. Shashank being selfish and insensitive when regarding Armaan is a totally different topic.
Now personally I feel that what Shashank did was not the best thing to do, but then again its the intentions that count.