Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SushSathisha thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
wow its a nice oppurtanity you all have got.thx for sharing.gosh i was in u r place i would be so excited that i wouldnt even be able to speak a word
endeavour thumbnail

Originally posted by: evasumi

Oh Yes ladies we had wonderful experience with these ladies.... I just could not believe thatI am talking to them,,,,,

</div>
When I heard Samtaji's sweet serene voice it felt like as if each word is dipped in honey... such a beautiful way she talks...

She even asked what we are eating I told her gulabjamun... she said have one more from me as I love sweets....

And Chitra, Gopiji was awesome.... we even told her on her face that we loved her performance but do not like the character too much... she did not mind it at all but she said thank you .... I was speechless... we even teased her saying ...do not boss around your bahuria... she said na nahi karungi....

And Chitra you are right this Forum is of Choti Bahu and all the cast of the Choti bahu should be appreciated whether it is a positive character or a negative character. All of them do their job to make the show a success. Each and every one has their own contribution to put inthe show... and on the set they are like a big family laughing and talking with each other...

I was totally overwhelmed by them and their down to earth persona.

Really love talking to them and the way they interacted as if they know me from along time..... Samtaji even did not allow me to call her Samtadi... She said just call me Samta!!!!

May be one day I will see them in person and show my gratitude for their wonderful hardwork...

<div>

Tks Eva..Even in 1942 a love story.. Gopiji enacted her part as an anguished widow so perfectly.. It touched my heart to the very core... 👏 Hope God fulfills your ardent wish pretty soon...Edited by endeavour - 13 years ago
RANDN thumbnail
 It was a wonderfull oppurtanity thankyou guy for sharing it with us.we all say that we dont like ammaji but gopi desai is a brillant actress i have seen gopiji in My son the fanatic she speaks very good english, and she younger  in that movie[ she is playing a positive charater]
n_sinha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow its great...thanks for sharing.
evasumi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
I sent a thank you message to Samtaji on FB and she got back to me right away.  
I am posting my reply as she expressed her thanks so beutifully and I felt so happy about it.

Samta Sagar  August 31, 2010 at 2:00pm

Re: Thank you Samtaji

thank you so much eva.... hamen bhi aap logon se baat karke bahut achchha laga.... gopi ji or mai bahut khush hue.... thanks... love. samta

Edited by evasumi - 13 years ago
chipak thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: anukapoor

Every little squirrel's contribution is important

When Hanuman's vaanar sena was busy building the bridge, a squirrel was seen doing something funny: rolling herself in the sand and then shaking off her body to deposit sand particles amongst rocks brought by the monkeys. When asked, she said, "I am making my own small contribution to build the bridge for ending the injustice against Sita." The monkeys roared in mocking laughter: "We have never heard anything so foolish." Seeing this, Rama remarked, "Blessed be the little squirrel. She is doing her work to the best of her ability. Therefore, she is quite as great as the greatest of you. Never despise those that are not as strong as you. What truly matters is not the strength one has, but the love and devotion with which one works." Then he gently stroked the squirrel on the back, and it is believed that the marks of Rama's three fingers are still seen on the squirrel's back.

Relation to Choti bahu and its Characters: 

Just like Lord Ram's Ramayan is incomplete without Ravan or the little squirrel who contributed to the victory of Good over Evil,   Truth over Lies and Dharm over Adharm, like wise the story of choti bahu is as much incomplete without  its other characters as their main lead.  I truly think that CB is blessed with such talented actors/actress who work day in day out and try to give their best to keep us entertained. 

Recently, when I read an article on rediff, these lines from Kareena Kapoor regarding her role in a movie caught my attention - "In fact, I have a more complicated part. It is very easy to be emotional and win people over. But my role is of the other woman, so it is difficult to win people's sympathy...I hope I have achieved that. I want people to say both actresses were spectacular." 

Hopefully, creatives will realize the importance of talent that they have - like Gopi Desaiji, Rajiv Verma, Samtaji, Birju, Chachu, Rajjan, along side of Avinash and Rubina. And hoping their talent will get better utilized.............

Just like cricket needs its captain as much as other 10 members to make up a TEAM, Ramyan needs like Ram, Ravan, Hanuman along with Dasrath, Kaikeyi...............Choti bahu needs Devki, Shastriji, Birju, Vaishali, Vivek, Chachu, Rajjan and of course Amma as much as Radhika and Dev...........Only then it makes the story of Choti bahu much worth while to watch, IMHO.............

My Experience:

I had the pleasure of talking to Samataji and Gopi Desai over the phone. Samataji's voice is so sweet and she is very soft spoken. She was very touched, when I told her that she was just brilliant in the scenes, where is decorating the room for her "Beti" Radhika.....and talking to herself, how she never asked Radhika, what her likes and dislikes are............She told me that the feedback from the fans will always help her and she loves to hear their input. She was very very down to earth, shy and soft spoken. When I told her that I love her interaction with Ammaji, she told me that she will be surprise.......Even when I was wondering, what it was, it was Gopiji on the other line. She spoke with such grace and her English is impeccable and polished. But I delibrately switched to Hindi, coz I love her flawless diction, She told me Radhe Radhe..... I told her I loved her performance, but totally disliked the character when she is ill treating Radhika and is being difficult with her "Bahuriya" Devkiji..............She was laughing...................And I told her that this goes to show that she is brilliant and successful as an actress, who is portraying negative shade, and is able to bring out that anger in the audience.............That is her big achievement as an actress................She was very gracious and said thanks................and when I told her not to yell at her bahuriya, she said, I promise, I will not yell, but stand quietly....And when the director asks, why she is not being rude to her Bahuriya, she will tell the director, that Anu told me not to yell at my bahuriya..........😊😊😊 I could not stop laughing...........She and Samtaji were so polite and not even once ce told us that there were in hurry or something...............They gave us all the time to share our excitement and our experiences................. Truly, I was touched....................

What started as awarkard moment for me (I did not what to talk or where to begin, but it was truly remarkable on part of Samataji to make me at ease immediately) .....

Many thanks to my friend, for making this memorable experience for me.

Anu,

That was beautiful...the way you related CBs talented cast to the story...cheers to you!!!!
evasumi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: endeavour

Sandeepa and Eva... Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with all of us here...And as Prem says... while going through ur posts.. we felt as though we ourselves were interacting with these two lovely ladies of CB..Samtaji had to be soft spoken person in real life to be able to portray Devkiji with so much conviction...

And Oh... how I wish I knew beforehand... that u would be speaking with my fav. fav. actor in a negative character.. Ammaji aka Gopiji.. I'd have asked u convey my msg. to her as well....I love love love her as Ammaji and unlike many other forumers... I miss watching her on screen nowadays...... Never could hate ammaji's character just because I enjoy watching Gopiji.. She is so convincing when she portrays her hatred for Radhika...

I agree with both of u when u say CB's cast is perhaps one of the best.. We must perhaps start some individual appreciation thread for each one of these wonderful actors.. dadig,ammag, shastrig, devkig, vaishali ,vivek, birjuand even mataramg and Rajjan for that matter.. They all do a wonderful job and would love to go thru their appreciation thread once in a while I'm sure... Djs may or maynot value their contribution..but we as fans could perhaps do this much for these wonderful actors... 👏

Chitra: do not worry your wish is granted.   I just came to know that the link of this thread has been sent to Samtaji and Gopiji and they are indeed very happy to read all our comments... Infact they were totally overwhelmed by the response on this thread. 

Edited by evasumi - 13 years ago
Ansa786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Sandeepa and Evadi,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful exprerience with us all. You are blessed to have got this opportunity to speak to these two lovely ladies via telephone, one day the day will come when you both can meet in person (inshallah). I am happy for you both. Indeed, both are extremely good-hearted, down-to-earth people the way they spoke to you, that is evident in your posts.. Your excitement and happiness to have spoke to them is also evident in your posts.. Lucky you both.. I hope Avina is next in the line for you😉😊.. Deserve it...

I wish Samta ji and Gopi ji good luck in the future and they both go far in their acting career!
avina123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sandeepa108

Thank you all for your sweet comments. You know, these artistes work so hard and for such long, gruelling hours. They absolutely love it when their fans shower them with praise and affection for their work. It gives them the enthusiasm to go on. But, they are regular people like you and me and don't want to be placed on any pedestals.  Samta ji is so approachable and humble and has a very pure quality about her. She is an absolute angel to speak with. With that one conversation I felt like I've known her for years!

I am so happy for you,and thank you for sharing your experience with us.
endeavour thumbnail

Originally posted by: evasumi

</div>
<div>

Chitra: do not worry your wish is granted. I just came to know that the link of this thread has been sent to Samtaji and Gopiji and they are indeed very happy to read all our comments... Infact they were totally overwhelmed by the response on this thread.

Thanks a lot Eva........... 🤗 Am so excited to know that Gopiji might have read my comments and thoughts..