Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khahani thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Pebblez

So DMG finally bringing out your anti-Riddhima angst in you, Nahida? :D and what a superb way of letting us all know why it is there! This is such a different OS, lacking the mush love scenes, dialogues and everything...its just there and trust me, it leaves a mark for the plot it holds...perspective was amazing...writing style was great! And I loved how you slowly hinted towards Armaan being the one killing her through the flower drowning, snake appearing process...It was so clear, the last scene, I could almost see Armaan's side Cheshire smile as you call it...ooooh! I love your OS, have you written more that I haven't come across? Please do let me know!!

Thanks a ton for the PM too :) Great work!

Kiran

Hey Kiran,

Thank you for reading and leaving your wonderful comment, it means a lot especially coming from an amazing writer like yourself. In a way I wrote this one-shot to convey my displeasure towards a show I once upon a time used to adore. I was watching some of the new episodes and was exasperated to see how messed up it has become.

And no I haven't written anything else but if I do write any more I'll surely let you know.

Thanks again for dropping by :)

Nahida

Edited by khahani - 13 years ago
khahani thumbnail

Thank you :)
khahani thumbnail

Originally posted by: hope4u

reserved!
will get back to read and comment once i can shake off my sunday night blues! :D

P.S. very interesting title! makes me want to give it a quick read and then go to bed! :)

ok im back.. 😆
its intriguing nahida! first the title draws the person in and then the plot itself. i had to go back to read it twice and each read made the plot clearer. hats off to u girl!

i do have a couple of questions though. was armaan slowly poisoning her through the daily dose of caffeine which is what brought on the nightmares? or was it a one time killing? im inclined to believe its the first case but still, it left me a little confused

and i love the anti-riddhima in u. would love to kill riddhima myself( although the character riddhima has long been killed, rather mercilessly) and the fact that armaan does it is the icing on the cake

please do keep writing! such works make visiting IF a pleasure

Hey Ani, thank you so much for dropping by! I am glad that the title captivated you in to reading further, I was struggling to come up with an appropriate title. So you appreciating it means a lot!!  

As for your questions, the first one was bang on; Armaan was slowly poisoning her through the daily cups of caffeine. How evil was he or rather how evil am I for turning Armaan against Riddhima.😆   

Oh no, not another anti Riddhima, welcome abroad to the sadistic world of Nahida teehee. Jokes apart, I absolutely agree with you about the character of Riddhima being killed a long time ago in the show. The whole essence of Riddhima has been left behind somewhere along the way.

BTW on a side note I love how you pester and blackmail Nandini for updates😎!

Thanks again Ani :)
ScatteredCastle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Updated on Page 4 .. :)

Do write more!
Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Okay, so I'm joining the ranks of Aru and Hannah in abandoning perfectly good Reserved boxes left right and centre. Hehe. Yayy! And I have to say, I quite enjoy the practice. So, FINALLY, here goes...

This has got to be the most intriguing OS I have ever read. Ever. There's this sense of foreboding that washes over you the moment you've read through the first paragraph. And what makes that foreboding different from just any kind of foreboding, is the fact that instead of making you pull back a little from something you think you might not want to read, it pulls you in. Completely and totally. Once you begin, you can't stop reading. And that's the beauty of a masterpiece.

The ambience of the 'witch doctor' shop flows through the entire piece like an undercurrent. Like a feeling that grips you, holds on to you no matter how much your heart palpitates with the overpowering urge to find out what the mystery is all about...and is that undercurrent handled brilliantly or what. Nadz. I always thought you wrote well, your comments on my fics, your PMs, all spoke of an articulate individual. But this is just a whole other level.

The dream, and its echo in her final reaity...the contorted expression that becomes clear only at her end...the snake and its echo in the tattoo 'slithering' out from under Armaan's shirt sleeve every morning...I mean, I have no words.

A little mention to the title. Which, like Ani said, is the first thing that immediately attracts attention. It's so perfect, and at so many levels. I mention it here primarily because it echoes the sentiments of every AR fan with regard to DMG without AR, and especially to the new and improved Riddhima Modi. There's venom in the literal sense that went into the mugs of coffee. There's venom at the level of emotion that pervades the heart and mind that devised that plan. There's venom that went into conceptualising this piece, and writing it. And there's venom that goes into enjoying it, even with the ending being the final end. And Armaan being the one to do it is the final master-stroke.

This is brilliant stuff, Nadz. Brilliant stuff. And if there's more where that came from, I'd like a look at it pronto. Seriously.

Thank you so so SO much for such a stupendous experience. Oh, and really, really sorry for how late this reply is...

Love you looooooads! 🤗

Nandini
Edited by nandinidev - 13 years ago
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow 👏 is all i can say, you missy do have talent, your writing style is exceptional and your sentence structures leaves the audience wanting more...hehe
Okay I will have to admit that I have never read a FF like this one and I was totally blown to read that Armaan our Armaan strangled his love 😊 with a hot hot steaming cup of coffee lol

PS: The witch shop scene was brilliant and so was the dream sequence. And I can go on and on about the title, totally loved it   😊Edited by Eyes-Wide-Shut - 13 years ago
khahani thumbnail

Originally posted by: .sana.

Alright! Okay! After Reading your OS for the tenth time and Reading everyone elses comments.. I'm not dumb afterall 😆 I wasn't the only one who was slow in understanding what just happened in this OS.. 🤓

Finally, I get to read a masterpiece from yet another mastermind in this forum! We rarely have God-gifted talented writers here, you being on along with Hannah and Nandini..

I'm so so impressed with this OS, that I'm still dazed reading it.. Mainly coz it's different from the romantic cliche type of OS!

👏 you deserve a standing ovation! Please please please please do continue to write!

Thank you
lots of love Sana xxxxx

Hey Sana

Thank you for taking the time out to read my ever so confusing one-shot, I hope it didn't leave you with a headache.

And oh my...a standing ovation, you are really embarrassing me Sana😳. I am not sure that this was a masterpiece as there are so much good work out here from talented writers like Nandini and Hannah as you mentioned. Nevertheless I am flattered, thank you so much for your wonderful words, its means a lot.

If I do write anymore, I'll let you know and thanks for the encouragement😊

Lots of love

Nahida :)

khahani thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssh57

Hi Nahida,

It was brilliant writing especially the succinct description of each and every object. Your topic was unique. But somehow I don't enjoy stories which leave a lot to the reader's imagination. I prefer things spelt out clearly and being a incurable romantic I prefer happy endimgs. For a first time writer you are very good. Love ssh57

Hey Sharda di (I hope I got the spelling right this time)

Thanks for dropping by. As this was a one-shot story, I didn't want to delve too much into the backdrop hence Armaan's intention of what he did to Riddhima was left to the reader's imagination. And like yourself I am not too fond of unhappy endings either but this one was written to vent out some of my displeasure towards DMG😆

khahani thumbnail

Originally posted by: ARMAANKSGFAN

awesome os

totally loved it
it was different

Thank you :)

khahani thumbnail

Originally posted by: sana.malik

Whoa!

Now that's what I call a spellbounding art of creativity from a very talented writer!

Standing ovation is a must before anything else...!

I at one point had to read this a coue of times to digest the oneshot.. I can be slow at times to understand what is happening!

It's just awesome! I'm so in love with thisssss <333333333

write moreee pleaseeeee

lots of best wishes
Sana
xoxoxox

Hey Sana

Oh my…another standing ovation, seriously you guys are amazing but I am also convinced that you are being too nice😳. Nevertheless thank you. Reading your comments puts a huge smile on my face and the icing on cake is that you guys actually enjoyed reading this unusual short story!  

Thanks for dropping by :)