Poll Choice
Yep, and pull her out of there
Nope, first plan an exit from there for both, and then tell
Nope, just go along w/ the plan to deceive her
Dunno
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
Jagirdars meet Neeraj, make their request

Neeraj meets Yuvi's dad & Pankaj-chacha, and asks them what they wanted to see him about that late @ night, and what was the issue?  Pankaj seats him and offers him a glass of red wine, but Neeraj declines, and chooses to have a soft drink instead, so dad pours him what looks like a coke.  Neeraj asks them why are they meeting in a dimly lit room, and dad says that he didn't have the courage to tell him what he wanted if the room was well lit. (that's unbelievably candid, given what you've all lied about so far) He emphasizes to Neeraj that he's under no obligation to do what they ask, since he's loyally served them so far, and that whatever decision he takes will not affect their future relationship.  Neeraj is puzzled by this, and then the 2 uncles, in silent mode, tell him everything.  Neeraj is stunned to hear them, and the coke glass falls from his hand, and he leaves.

Sakshi tells Aditya to attend next PTA

Sakshi's kids are ready for school, having their OJ, and she warns them that if she gets any complaints, she won't take them to school tomorrow.  The kids laugh @ her, pointing out that 'tomorrow' is Sunday πŸ˜†πŸ€£ Aditya too smirks @ their joke, and Sakshi turns the machine gun on him, telling him that he'd have to attend the next PTA meet.  She complains to Aditya about their pranks in school, including stealing other's lunches, drawing cartoons of teachers πŸ˜†,  and putting chewing gum on a girl's hair, forcing her to cut it 🀣 (these kids really know how to get into other people's hair - both literally & otherwise 🀣) but Aditya's attention is split, and when he is paying attention, he's amused by his kids' pranks.  He asks the name of the girl, and the kids twist it around and have a good laugh, & Sakshi scatters them πŸ˜† Sakshi tells him to attend the next PTA, where he can for a change be embarrassed by their teachers, instead of her. πŸ˜† (good idea, Sakshi, but don't ask Aditya for a detailed explanation when he is back.  When my wife sends me on such errands, I'm fine, as long as I don't have to give her details later, due to my bad memory)

Neeraj avoids Sandhya

Pankaj & DK have a conversation about Neeraj, while DK has been drinking.  DK is furious that Neeraj is being given the same recognition due to a son, when he's the son of one of their employees and not a blood relative (I soooo wished Neeraj was around to hear that!) Pankaj and DK have an argument where Pankaj is confident that Neeraj will do what he's asked, while DK doesn't like this part of the plot.  He challenges Pankaj to see how long that loyalty lasts.

Neeraj is sitting alone in his room, totally stunned by the earlier conversation (not heard) Sandhya calls him, but Neeraj is lost in his own thoughts.  She goes up to him, feels his hands and asks him why he ain't answering?  Sandhya threatens to complain about him to papa. πŸ˜† Neeraj lets go of her hand and gets up.  Sandhya begs him to take her to the hall, but Neeraj is still in a zombie mode.  Neeraj finally tells her that he is very busy and can't help her - he asks her to sit right there, and he'll send someone.  Sandhya is puzzled by Neeraj's reaction.  Neeraj brings Priya in, and asks her to take Sandhya out.

Sakshi picks up kids, tells them she's visiting Mausi

Sakshi's kids are dropped by the bus, where she picks them up and puts them into the car
(if she has to pick them up by car in the rain, why do they use the bus?) The kids tell her that they want to play cricket going home (kids, it's bad light) but Sakshi tells them that they are off to Savita mashi.  The kids are excited (and so are we - I expect pranks b/w Savita's & Sakshi's kids πŸ˜†) and say they'll play cricket there.  Sakshi tells them that Savita mashi is very strict, and when she was a kid, she used to scold her a lot.  The kids get serious and tell her that they won't play cricket or break any windows.  Sakshi accuses them of planning to break windows, and the kids say that when they play, the windows break on their own πŸ˜†

Party @ Mohan's house

Guests are entering Mohan's home, in preparation for a party.  Shreya gives Mohan a cup of tea and asks him to hold it, so he grabs her hand instead πŸ˜†β€οΈ Shreya is not amused, but Mohan tells her that it was she who told him to hold it.  Shreya protests that she doesn't like these practical jokes, but Mohan tells her that it's love (nice to see some real romance for a change - so far, there have been none @ the other 4 homes)

Mohan then persuades her to have an intimate scene, which she is reluctant to have, since there are guests.  They have a tender moment that's about to get interesting when the irritating phone rings, and since they don't have voice mail in India, she has no options but to answer it, and Shreya looks relived
πŸ₯ΊπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ  Mohan grumbles that sometimes, it's his aai (mom) and sometimes it's her tai (eldest sister)

Shreya answers, and it's Sakshi.  She tells Shreya that Shradhya is here as well, so it would be nice if Shreya could join them.  Shreya tells her that Mohan has to visit Mumbai anyway, so she'll ask the family and then come w/ him.  Sakshi tells her that they want to discuss their dad's house, since it can't be left empty indefinitely.

Jayesh overhears this and is startled, and w/ a bag in hand, stealthily moves out of the house (think it's related to the slum gal)

Sandhya talks to Savita

Sandhya is sitting in the living room, wondering what's wrong w/ Neeraj today?  She gets up and walks up, when Yuvi joins her and tells her that Savita tai was inviting them to Mumbai, and hands her the phone.

Sandhya is really excited to talk to Savita, who then hands it to Sakshi.  Sakshi tells her that Shradhya is there as well, and that Shreya & Mohan will be joining them tomorrow, and that she Sandhya should also come over w/ Yuvraj.  Sandhya tells her that she'll need permission, but Sakshi tells her that they've already talked to Yuvi, and he's already agreed, so to come w/ him to Mumbai.  Sandhya is happy & agrees.  Yuvi tells her to come w/ him and take leave of their parents, and they go.

In the living room, DK is fuming that Neeraj hasn't given a response (DK, maybe you might respond to such a proposal favorably, but few others would) Pankaj tells him that they have to give Neeraj time, since they didn't ask him a small favor.  He probably didn't even expect it.

Just then Yuvi & Sandhya join, and Sandhya asks his mom for permission to visit her tai.  Her MIL tells her to just freely go ahead and enjoy, since it's their first trip.  Somehow, the men didn't seem too thrilled by this, and Yuvi assured his dad that he'd come back soon.  His dad too gives his permission, but after looking @ Sandhya, turns away uneasy (since you're obviously uncomfortable w/ what you are doing, why not look for a decent end to it?) He gets up & leaves the room.

Sandhya comes back to the hall where Neeraj is sitting, and senses Neeraj is there.  She said that she asked Rahul uncle and then came - probably Neeraj was too tense w/ his work.  She tells him that she got a call from her tai to come to Mumbai, and invites him to join them (this is a really strange request on Sandhya's part - on what basis should Neeraj go?)  Neeraj looks @ her speechless, and Sandhya asks him the reason for this reaction.  Neeraj suddenly gets up from the sofa and ducks her, as she gropes ahead sensing that he's seated.  Sandhya begs him to tell her whether she had done anything wrong, and not avoid her.  She even unconditionally apologizes in case anything she said had hurt him.

Yuvraj calls, and Neeraj silently disappears from that room.  Yuvi tells her that he's received the tickets, and the flight is tomorrow morning.  Sandhya tells him that Neeraj is not talking to her, and has been silent for a while.  Yuvi looks around, but sees nobody, since Neeraj is hiding behind a curtain.  He then spots Neeraj's arm behind the curtain and smiles, while Sandhya is puzzled, since she knew that she had sensed Neeraj there moments ago.  Yuvi tells her to come and pack, since they have to be ready, and also requests her not to disappear w/o telling him.  He then takes a puzzled Sandhya away.

As Neeraj sinks in dispair, FV notes that there are some people who selflessly give everything w/o any expectations, and then if they want to withold anything, one can't force them to disclose it. 

Precap

Pankaj is worried that if Neeraj declines, all their plans would be ruined.  A furious DK says that Neeraj is going to destroy their honor (their what?) and that this son of their employee now knows the deadliest secret of the family.  Pankaj tells him that he has full confidence in Neeraj, and that his plans would surely work.

Comments

I think Neeraj was shattered not just on the request itself, but also on knowing that Sandhya had been tricked into marrying Yuvi.  In order to get Neeraj to agree w/ this, Pankaj & Yuvi's dad would have had to tell Neeraj the whole thing, and he's totally stunned @ knowing that he's lost Sandhya to a guy who would be unable to fulfill her conjugal desires.  While Sandhya's concern about Neeraj is understandable, in the last segment, I thought that she was a bit too attached to him, given that he's not her hubby, Yuvi is.  Incidentally, great acting by both of them - the way Neeraj ducked Sandhya as she was about to feel herself to where he was.

And today, we got to see all sisters, and I'm glad they are converging together.  Just wish Shradhya had told Savita & Sakshi about her situation - it would have been easier w/ just them, than dragging Shreya & Sandhya into it.

Oh, and one thing - just b'cos Sandhya can't have real romantic moments doesn't mean the other sisters shouldn't either.  I didn't like that when Mohan was about to get close to Shreya, Savita's phone rang.  Wish to see some Adisa and Mohreya scenes at least.  Unfortunately, Savita doesn't seem to be the romantic type, and about Roha's jodi, the less said, the better.

I'm combining this update w/ a poll - what do you think Neeraj should do, given what he knows?

Episode rating: πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Today, they showed not just Yuvraj's, but the others as well - Sakshi, Shreya's & Savita's place, and w/ it, Shradhya as well.  Well rounded episode, and great acting by Naman

πŸ‘πŸΌ: Showing all the families, Neeraj's reaction to the proposal

πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ: Sandhya's confusion @ Neeraj's mood, Mohreya romance interrupted
OMG! Simply put, I LOVED today's episode! It was well rounded and I quite fast paced.

When Yuvraj's dad was talking to Neeraj about him and assuring him that he had a full choice in the matter, I literally died of embarrassment! I mean HOW were they planning on asking a guy to sleep with their DIL?! HOW?! I cannot tell you how relieved I was when they told him the whole situation in mute - thank God for small mercies!

Ganji Gunjan?!?!?!? BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! 🀣 I love these kids!! Just love them!

*sigh* I think the interrupted Mohan-Shreya moment is part of their story line. In the launch, they said that Mohan and Shreya would be so over whelmed with family that they wouldn't find any private time for themselves and that will bother Mohan. I don't think Shreya was relieved at the phone call because she didn't want to be around Mohan though. I think she was way too aware of the hustle bustle in her home and would have hated to be caught in a compromising position, married or not. Joint families, conservative at that can be very critical about stuff like this - whether it be in jokes or seriousness.

And DK really needs to put a lid on his mouth - I am getting irritated with his nonsense. Not everyone in this world lives to serve him and his needs, contrary to his beliefs. He is NOT that special! Gosh he pisses me off!

By the way, WHAT was up with that look Yuvraj gave to a hiding Neeraj? That was so evil, almost demented.. It creep-ed me out! But does Yuvraj know of what his family is asking of Neeraj? Because he seemed fairly surprised at the fact that his father was lost in thought and they never really talked about this whole deal in front of Yuvraj on the show. Makes me wonder if he knows and if he does, whether or not he agrees! *shudders*

And lastly, Neeraj is BRILLIANT! Naman had me awed - I mean he looked so DEVASTATED. They took his love away from him - now he can't even LOOK at Sandhya without feeling disgusted by it. They took away his ability to look adoringly at Sandhya because now every time he sees her he's going to remember what they expect of him and the guilt is going to eat him up. *sigh* I hate what they did to him! That's just horrible - he loves and the fact that they expect someone other than her husband to do the deed with her disgusts him for her. Add to that the fact that HE is the other person doing the deed, and he about seems ready to shoot himself in the face! *sigh*
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
love the poll along with the update

excellent idea of update

thanks at ton

fast paced and most of the characters have been on focus in this episode

What does ganji Gunjan mean?
Originally posted by Vrisha

What does ganji Gunjan mean?

Ganji means "bald" and since the kid, Gunjan, had to get a hair cut after the gum fiasco she's been dubbed "Ganji Gunjan" by the culprits.. LMAO! It still kills me everytime when I hear that name - Ganji Gunjan.. Poor kid! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣