Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

N Sinha thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: shesthebest

Hi,

You've made some interesting comments.  No lashing out,  just some thoughts...  ๐Ÿ˜Š  I agree with some of your observations:

I was thinking along the same lines, that Anu Malik is one of the few music directors from the 80s and 90s that have managed to stay successful commerically in the 2000sโ€ฆ and sometimes when I hear a new song I think that it must be composed by HR, and I'm surprised to find Anu Malik as the MDโ€ฆ (NO ENTRY for ex) 

One big difference that I find between Anu Malik and HR is that while the former has given us some classic, unforgettable music, HR is yet to establish that kind of track record.  For example, Anu Malik has made albums like Baazigar, Akele hum akele tum, Border, Refugee, Asoka, LOC, Fiza, to name a few of his bestโ€ฆ I think the only albums of HR that could compare with these are Tere Naam, or possibly Humraaz. 

Having said that, HR is much younger, and has a long career ahead of himโ€ฆ while Anu Malik has been around for 2 decades, so he would naturally have an advantage.

Just my opinion... No offence to any HR fans

salutations to your observation.

apiscean thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Himesh seems to have had it very easy to get a foothold in the industry. Anu Malik had to struggle for years before he hit the big time.
Both of them compose very catchy title songs.
Anu Malik is more versatile. He has done all kinds of music till now. He has given numerous hits over the years. Although he has also come under scrutiny for copying. Also I find AM's music to be more melodic.
HR is still young and he has to consistently prove himself to be counted among the top MDs. IMHO, some of his music is catchy but melody doesn't seem to be present always. I would like him to compose a folksy or classical score to showcase his versatility..
shesthebest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: apiscean

Himesh seems to have had it very easy to get a foothold in the industry. Anu Malik had to struggle for years before he hit the big time.
Both of them compose very catchy title songs.
Anu Malik is more versatile. He has done all kinds of music till now. He has given numerous hits over the years. Although he has also come under scrutiny for copying. Also I find AM's music to be more melodic.
HR is still young and he has to consistently prove himself to be counted among the top MDs. IMHO, some of his music is catchy but melody doesn't seem to be present always. I would like him to compose a folksy or classical score to showcase his versatility..

I agree with all your comments 100%... I think we may have been saying exactly the same thing !!! ๐Ÿ˜†

apiscean thumbnail

Originally posted by: shesthebest

[
I agree with all your comments 100%... I think we may have been saying exactly the same thing !!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Exactly.๐Ÿ˜ƒ. I read your post just now.

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Himesh is 100% better than Anu Malik. Himesh can actually sing, I was shocked when I read that he was the one who sang in Aashiq Banaya Aapne. Anu copies from other people's music and is not original at all, plus he is very rude to people, do you see the way he treats people in Indian Idol. Himesh gives people a chance, Anu doesn't!
urvashi19 thumbnail
oh HR and AM are the same as they are always so called "inspired" by other songs.They both just copy and paste foreign songs.I have a friend from haiti and i have heard many songs by both AM and HR.ESpecially HR,ashique banaya is a mix of some korean and haiti music.I have heard the same music before.
apiscean thumbnail

Originally posted by: urvashi19

,ashique banaya is a mix of some korean and haiti music.I have heard the same music before.

If this is true, lot of HR's fans will be shocked.... HR does follow the industry motto. Be inspired to survive....

Korean and haiti music.. who would have thought of that...

nice find....

N Sinha thumbnail

Originally posted by: urvashi19

oh HR and AM are the same as they are always so called "inspired" by other songs.They both just copy and paste foreign songs.I have a friend from haiti and i have heard many songs by both AM and HR.ESpecially HR,ashique banaya is a mix of some korean and haiti music.I have heard the same music before.

I was just going to quote this, plus my spanish friends listen to music , they look very similar to HR's. Edited by N Sinha - 18 years ago
N Sinha thumbnail
I would like to tell that even Pancham da was inspired by some great hits of Spansh & Rock music, his songs Pyar karne wale pyar karte hai shaan se is copy of I feel love.But the variation he produced in the same wa s amazing.
rrajivv thumbnail
Nearly all music directors have been inspired by someone or the other. Nearly all singers have been inspired by someone or the other. Its nature's way. Nothing wrong in that.
SD Burman was highly inspired by Rabindra Sangeet. Also some of his songs, especially in Kishore Kumar movies were inspired from Western numbers.
RD Burman's number of songs are inspired from Spanish music.
Other music directors were inspired by Pakistani compositions by artistes like Mehdi Hassan.
Naushad's music was almost always Raag based.
The list goes on and on. Still Hindi film music has done pretty well all these years, isn't it?
Coming back to HR and AM...I think at the moment HR has the edge. I am surprised that he started off as a producer. Some of his numbers, inspired or not, are quite catchy. I especially liked his classical based composition, "Aane do paas aaney toh do"...which surely is inspired. But I am beginning to suspect he will soon have emptied his bag. The ones that stay are the ones who have music in their blood. Like PanchamDa.
These are my thoughts...no lash outs. Inspired from N Sinha. ๐Ÿ˜‰