Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonic010 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
rani is best actress of the decade according to me. she ruled it :)
DEEENCH thumbnail
luv ash so im happy.
but wot a list.
top 10 of wot??

Originally posted by: ffkhan

It was her own chice. Please don't argue with her. And plz plz plz, don't quote me.

this was not who i like the most list it was a technical list hence i asked a reason for it, that's it, and i will not argue any further on this
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
To me this is my top favorite actresses, I'm going in the order who of who I liked first...lol

1.) Kajol - Like I said earlier, the first bollywood movie I watch was a Kajol movie. And I loved the fact that after so many years, she's still part of the top actresses. I have a dvd of a movie that she did in 1993 and she has a natural beauty and talent that's here to stay forever

2.) Aishwarya - She ruled my heart for a decade with her beauty, grace and talent. I first fallen in love with her dancing and beauty. People said she can't act but she proved that she can act in Hum dil de chuke sanam. That movie was the perfect bollywood movie ever full of color, full of drama, full of love and dance and such beauty with grace. Aish became the number 1 in my heart

4.) Karishma - Even though she isn't being seen today, she was my favorite in the 90's. And I'm sure if she gets a great role like Fiza again, she's going to be the top actresses.

5.) Preity Zinta - I always loved her bubbly self. But she's a great actress also. She's the perfect combination of beauty with brains. If giving hits is what makes you number 1 than Preity should be there because no actress had as many hits as Preity did. All the actresses had started off their career with not so great moment but Preity's first 10 movies were all hits and she kept making hit movies. She only had few that weren't hits

6.) Madhuri Dixit - Such talent can't be describe in words. I'm a huge fan of dance and she's the definition of beauty with expressions of feeling. She dances with so much passion. I love her acting because it's so natural. I hate it when actresses over-act a scene and people think overacting is acting. But to me, being natural is acting. And Madhuri is the definition of natural acting

7.) Rani - I just love her acting. I loved her in all her movies except for Saawariya, she disappointed me when she did that movie. But after that she did Laaga Chunari mein Daag which wasn't a hit but her acting was beyond what any actress can do. She's also a natural actress. Love her

8.) Priyanka chopra - She used to play the villain characters in movies like Yakeen, Aitraaz because she's really good at those bad girl characters. But she has proved that she can do any other type of roles with movies like Fashion showed how great of an actresss she is.

9.) Konkona sen - Even though she isn't part of the top actress, she's still part of my favorite actresses. I love her being natural on screen. Again, if you watch her movies like 15 park avenue, Page 3 and Mr and mrs Iyer, she didn't acted because you started believing that she was telling her life story. I love natural actors like that.

10.) Urmila - I love the women oriented movies she did. I don't need to name her best movies since everybody knows about it and she got the best actress award for it.

well Kangana isn't a decade yet but she's still part of my favorite actresses. I have a longer list of favorites but oh well, not enough space
Edited by Terenaina - 13 years ago
-Zoya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
The list is totally out of order...
I am a big Kat fan but lets face it..
She is not very good at acting...
The list should be like this
1-Priyanka
2-Kareena
3-Kajol
4-Katrina
5-Aishwarya
6-Vidya
7-Kangana

Take Care
Zoya
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: ___fanaa4u___

KAREENA KAPOOR HAS ONLY 3 HITS IN  HER 10YR CAREER----k3g, JWM and 3 idiots----and in 3 idiots and k3g---she hardly had any role

KAJOL in the past DECADE----K3G, fanaa, MNIK---in which she had good substantial role

aishwarya rai---mohabbatein, devdas, dhoom2,  guru, jodha akbar

priyanka chopra---mujhse shadi karoge, krrish, fashion, dostana, kaminey

rani mukherji---saathiya, chalte chalte, hum tum, veer zaara, black, bunty aur babli

well i don't exactly agree with all the previous points u made..but this list is accurate n as far as i knew too Kareena's only real big hits r JWM , K3G & 3I..

so her place as 7th n a list based completely on BO success s pretty much accurate IMO!

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Terenaina

To me this is my top favorite actresses, I'm going in the order who of who I liked first...lol

1.) Kajol - Like I said earlier, the first bollywood movie I watch was a Kajol movie. And I loved the fact that after so many years, she's still part of the top actresses. I have a dvd of a movie that she did in 1993 and she has a natural beauty and talent that's here to stay forever

5.) Preity Zinta - I always loved her bubbly self. But she's a great actress also. She's the perfect combination of beauty with brains. If giving hits is what makes you number 1 than Preity should be there because no actress had as many hits as Preity did. All the actresses had started off their career with not so great moment but Preity's first 10 movies were all hits and she kept making hit movies. She only had few that weren't hits

thank u for saying this!i was wondering y no1 seems to remember it! as u mentioned her 1st 10 movies were all hits which i don't think any other actress has done in recent times...check this out f any1 has any doubts abt it.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DSO60d5IcA
and then from 1999 till 2006 every single year she had ATLEAST ONE hit!
so according to only BO rates she sure deserves the No1 spot! she did 23 movies till 2006(b4 she moved in to art movies) and out of it only about 5-8(i dnt remember d exact figure) were not hits..so that is a real amazing ratio for an actress IMO!

btw even my 1st hindi movie had Kajol in it too!n she was the 1st actress i ever adored.t was Baazigar.n i still love her!

Edited by princessunara - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: princessunara

<font size="2" color="#663366" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">

well i don't exactly agree with all the previous points u made..but this list is accurate n as far as i knew too Kareena's only real big hits r JWM , K3G & 3I..

so her place as 7th n a list based completely on BO success s pretty much accurate IMO!</font>

No that's not true, Kareena has more than 3-4 sucessful films: Kareena's hits include: Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Hulchul, Dosti: Friends Forever, Chup Chup Ke, Jab We Met, Golmaal Returns, 36 China Town (hit overseas only), in india(above average or something like that), JWM, KI, 3 idiots, Aitraaz ect

And you keep saying Kareena has one filmfare award: I was counting the critics awards too. That means something a lot since great actors like Amitab Bachan has critics awards too in his great performances.

And stop saying Kareena has no role in 3 idiots, it doesn't matter, she was in it, made people laugh, gave good performance. She was in it, like it or leave it. And please stop quoting me. If you don't agree, just move on.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ___fanaa4u___

KAREENA KAPOOR HAS ONLY 3 HITS IN  HER 10YR CAREER----k3g, JWM and 3 idiots----and in 3 idiots and k3g---she hardly had any role

KAJOL in the past DECADE----K3G, fanaa, MNIK---in which she had good substantial role

aishwarya rai---mohabbatein, devdas, dhoom2,  guru, jodha akbar

priyanka chopra---mujhse shadi karoge, krrish, fashion, dostana, kaminey

rani mukherji---saathiya, chalte chalte, hum tum, veer zaara, black, bunty aur babli

Kareena's hits:

Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai
K3G
Aitraaz
Hulchul
Jab We Met
Golmaal Returns
Kambakkht Ishq
3 Idiots

And I love how you highlight that "kareena barely has a substantial role in 3 idiots and K3g (when in fact its a feat to be remembered in a film like K3G when she coudl have easily been overshadowed by the bigger stars, but Poo stood out. And in 3 Idiots, ppl remembered Pia Wangdu) but then proudly list Mohabattein as a hit in Aish's career without failing ot mention she played a frikkin GHOST in the movie who appears in the frame, smiles, romances, and then leaves.

Atleast give all the actresses equal treatment. YOur bias against kareena is showing loud and clear.
Edited by desigal90 - 13 years ago
😈  I simply love this topic because of obvious reasons.  I know there are a lot of insecurities and it is very tragic.  The fact is, you are not number 1 because of hits only.  It is a lot of factors: appeal, choice in films, verstaility, and being a all rounder.  I am not saying that Aish is the top box office star.  In fact, she never was.  But, the successes she had has made her a force to be reckoned with, even to this day!!  You don't have to be a hit-making machine like Katrina Kaif.  I can strongly remember that all of Aish's hits had her in substantial roles and the central character.  Let me break it down:

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam - This whole movie revolved around her and Sanjay Bhansali is simply wonderful.  Nandini had the ultimate chance to show Aish as an actress in all respects: emotions, dancing, romance, etc.  And it paid off in the end: All the major awards like Filmfare and Screen gave her best actress.

Taal - This whole movie revolved around her again!  Subhash Ghai also utilized her talent well.  It also had major emotions to showcase, the best songs (A.R. Rahman), and I know Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam became the limelight in that same year.  Regardless, she still got all major best actress nominations.

Devdas - Another role where Sanjay Bhansali gave her all the ultimate opportunities: a role to showcase emotions, acting, dancing, etc.!!!
And it paid off in the end: All the major awards like Filmfare and Screen gave her best actress.

Guru - Another role where she had plenty of time to showcase her talent.  I think this movie was better than Raavan.  She showed her dancing prowess in A.R. Rahman's song "Barso Re" and was Abhishek's loving and supportive wife.  Sure, she didn't have a role like Devdas or HDDCS, but still got major Filmfare and Screen award nominations.

Jodhaa Akbar - This role proved she could still deliver after marriage.  Ashtoush Gowariker gave her something unique to do: play a Rajput queen.  She played someone's daughter, sister-in-law, wife, etc.  I remember Aish always saying in her interviews it was special to play a character from a history book.  And Filmfare and Screen gave her best actress award nominations.

I consider these roles her five signature films in a decade of work.  And over the years, she gave other good performances in Raincoat, Khakee, Sarkar Raj, Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai, Josh, etc.  In between, she did low-budget films like Raincoat and Provoked, while doing international films like Bride and Prejudice and The Last Legion.

If anyone can't see the variety and appeal Aish has tried to give in all the films I have mentioned is beyond me.  I say she deserves to be #1 simply because of her versatility.  She has played a battered wife in Provoked, a rape victim in Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai, a historical character in Jodhaa Akbar, a glam role in Dhoom 2, a villain in Khakee, etc.  What more could an actress and her fans want?  That is why I simply enjoy her and the movies she does.

Plus, she is playing a glamorous role in the upcoming Action Replay and deglam role in Guzaarish (where she plays a nurse).  Who can do two roles like that in the same month for their audience?  Simply unbelievable! 

πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘

It is time to give credit where it is due! 

Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago