princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago
Top 10 Actresses Of The Decade

In our series of the best lists of the decade, we bring to you our list of the 10 best actresses of the decade. These ladies have been path breaking, box office ruling divas, who have done mainstream as well as hat ke films. Take a look!

1. Aishwarya Rai : The Queen

She ruled the decade and is still the most wanted property. She's often cited by the media as the most beautiful woman in the world. Model, Miss India (World), actress, superstar, winner of several awards, Aishwarya has worked in many International projects as well as Bollywood biggies.

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Taal, Josh, Devdas, Guru, Raavan, Provoked, Bride and Prejudice, to name a few. Coming up are Guzarish, Action Replay.

2. Kajol : The Talented Diva

Kajol is highly regarded as one of India's most successful and talented actresses. Born into a family of tainted actresses, Kajol has carried the family reputation to new heights.

Baazigar. Ye Dillagi, Karan Arjun, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Fanaa, My Name Is Khan. She is now working on a remake of the Hollywood movie Stepmom (1998); she will be seen alongside Kareena Kapoor and Arjun Rampal.

3. Katrina Kaif : The Barbie Doll

Model- actress with the cute Brit accent, it's kinda delightful that the Indian audiences have accepted Kat, firangi accent and all!

Boom, Sarkaar, maine Pyar Kyon Kiya, Apne, Partner, Welcome, Race, Singh Is Kinng, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani and Raajneeti are some of her hit films. She is currently filming for Farah Khan's Tees Maar Khan along with Akshay Kumar, which is set to release on 24 December 2010.

4. Rani Mukherji : The Brown Eyed Beauty

Mukherji comes from a film-oriented family of Bengali origin. A bombshell of talent, she combines sweetness with an earthy sex appeal.

Ghulam, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Bichhoo, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Saathiya, Yuva, Black, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Dil Bole Hadippa! Are her major films. She's currently filming No One Killed Jessica.

5. Preity Zinta : The Brat

She created shock waves when she demanded 'Are you a virgin?' from SRK in her debut film, Dil Se. Thereafter, she did Soldier, Kya Kehna, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Veer-Zaara, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Salaam Namaste.

In addition to movie acting, Zinta has written a series of columns for BBC News Online South Asia, is a regular stage performer, and along with ex-boyfriend Ness Wadia she is a co-owner of the Indian Premier League cricket team Kings XI Punjab.

6. Priyanka Chopra : Sexy and Strong

The former Miss World, made her acting debut with the 2002 Tamil film Thamizhan. She made her Bollywood film debut with The Hero: Love Story of a Spy and followed it with the hit Andaaz, for which she won a Filmfare Best Female Debut Award.

Her significant fims are Aitraaz, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Krrish and Don - The Chase Begins Again, Dostana, Kaminey. Chopra earned a Filmfare Best Actress Award and a National Film Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of a model in Fashion. Chopra is currently working on Sajid Nadiadwala's Anjaana Anjaani and Vishal Bharadwaj's Saat Khoon Maaf.

7. Bipasha Basu : The Siren

Winner of the Ford's Godrej Cinthol Supermodel contest for 1996, Basu made her film debut in Abbas Mustan's Ajnabee. Her major films were Raaz, Jism, Race, Bachna Ae Haseeno, No Entry, Corporate, Pankh and Lamhaa .

In 2010 Bipasha launched her fitness video cd BB Love Yourself. Right now she's filming for Dum Maro Dum, Aakrosh.

8. Kareena Kapoor : Size Zero

Bebo, the darling of the media, has received five Filmfare Awards and has been noted for her performances in a range of film genres; these include her work from contemporary romantic dramas to comedies, period films to major Bollywood productions, as well as less publicised independent films.

Her significant films are Refugee, Asoka, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham..., Yuva, Dev, Fida, Omkara, ab We Met, Kurbaan,3 Idiots. Awaited are, We Are Family, agent Vinod, Ra.1

9. Kangana Ranaut : The 'Hatke' Girl

She made her Bollywood debut in 2006 in Gangster. She won both a Filmfare and a National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance as a troubled model in Fashion (2008).

Her significant movies are Woh Lamhe, Life in a... Metro, Raaz - The Mystery Continues, Once Upon A Time In Mumbai. Awaited are Knock Out, Tanu Weds Manu.

10. Vidya Balan : The Old World Beauty

She made the Indian audiences take notice of her beauty and talent in the old world portrayal of a traditional Bengali girl in Parineeta.

Her performance in which earned her a Filmfare Best Female Debut Award as well as her first Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination. Her major films were Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Heyy Babyy, Bhool Bhulaiya, Paa, and Ishqiya. Awaited are, Chand Bhai, No One Killed Jessica.

http://www.santabanta.com/feature.asp?slide=897

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

although Im an Ash fan I will disagree with this list. Ash is neither the 1st in acting or in box office.
for me its Kajol, Rani, Vidya and to some extent Kareena.
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Not so sure abt this list ....some of them just find a place cause they had to have 10 people on board .......But seriously Ash ahead of kajol  ......speaks volumes .....
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: pragya0

although Im an Ash fan I will disagree with this list. Ash is neither the 1st in acting or in box office.

true! well this list is 100% based on Box office ratings for the whole 'DECADE'..so other than 4 Ash's position i think the others r pretty much correct..not sure though..

happygirl123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i agree bout kajol,rani n priety but they should be higher in d ranking
ladygaga thumbnail
Where is bebo's power now!!  She is even below Bipasha basu.. 😆 These lists change with sponsers and the real list comes out with the box office and also the quality of cinema that these actresses do and if their performances touch people's hearts or not. For me it was first Madhuri and Sri devi, after them there hasn't been a strong contender who has been able to captivate people's hearts to that extent. One name that comes into mind is Kajol, if there is someone after Sri devi and Madhuri it is kajol, with her bindass attitude and acting and don't give a damn attitude about look or fashion she is the one who manages to shine through as an actress and touch my heart. Then it is Rani even though she is a little bit less natural compared to Kajol but her acting and her poise and her intensity has managed to win hearts. Now we are left with no actress who can match up to the standards set by the previous ones. Priyanka chorpa and Kareena are not capable enough to match up with the best of the bests, both have failed to emerge as clear number ones and they are lucky enough that they don't have competition even the worst actresses of 90s like Sonali b and Shilpa shetty are far far better than Kareena and Priyanka. The only one to stand out these days is Vidya balan, who is very effortless and awesome and seems like an actor instead of a model or a socialite who are famous for everything else other than acting. Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago
isnt it odd that Bollywood is becoming more and more looks oriented? People like Sridevi, Rani, Kajol, Divya Bharati were not exactly drop dead gorgeous when they started off.

They had a charisma.

Howevere now a days the only things that matters is great loooks, great body, great fashion sense and most importantly connections.

Bollywood should look beyond models and star families else people like Mahi Gill and Kalki will become exceptions instead of examples.
ladygaga thumbnail
I wouldn't clearly say that looks aren't imp coz I compared abhay deol to my gardener in the other thread lol. But, it shouldn't be all about looks, if you are pretty be effortlessley pretty don't make yourself seem like you are nothing else than designer clothes and size zero, look is an asset if used properly can work but overkill can seem creepy too. I personally think that pagent winners should be banned from entering in bolly they just spoil the whole thing, they have turned bolly into a fashion runway and same goes for the talentless star daughthers who seem nothing more than shimmer, its not a crime to be rich but please aleast have the guts to be much more than your dad's visa's purchasing power.. lol Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago
Kangana and Vidya made it to the list! Ah...there must be God! Esp. Kangana! In 4 years she has managed to put herself in this list w/o the help of kjo/yrf/khans/huge box office success. Now, all she needs to do is stay away from doing psycho roles. The girl has so much talent, its unbelievable!Edited by xetaxeta - 13 years ago