Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
loved iT!!1

update sooN!!!!
n pm me plz!!!!!😊
BgblZoolander69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hi all, thanks for reading. Some of you have told me to make the updates longer. I will try but it takes a really long time to write.
NIDIZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
OMG..OMG OMG OMG..wat an updates dear..!!
I know it takes a longer time to update but pls do it..for me..cumon..
cute-aly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
awesome updates πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ plzz add me in your pm list
FaithnFate thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
it written well esp the last scene where maan made out tht there was sumthin in geet's eye's
 plz add me to pm list wen  update next
yamnovbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wonderful can't wait to read moreπŸ‘
sonu4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

lovely FF dear, beautiful writing style πŸ‘

Poor Maan, he couldnt stand the rejection, yet i liked the way he didnt pressurised Geet πŸ˜³πŸ‘
cant wait for the next part πŸ˜ƒ

Do update soon please and all the best for typing it πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³
BgblZoolander69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Part 4

Geet and Pinky sat on her bed talking about useless things. Pinky was munching on a bag of chips. "Geet what's up with you? Why do you seem so upset these days," Pinky asked. "Its nothing Pinky, I'm just tired." "Don't lie, I know there's something bothering you. Are you worried about the baby?" Geet had told Pinky and her dad everything about her past a few weeks back. She thought it would be best if they knew everything because soon her stomach would show and everyone would know about her pregnancy. They were being more than kind by giving her a place to live, she didn't want them to feel betrayed if they found out about her past the wrong way. At first she was scared that they would tell her to leave. But Pinky and her dad were very sympathetic and understanding. They assured her that they would help in any way they can.

Geet answered Pinky, "Its not the baby, I told you, I'm fine." "No your not. Does it have something to do with DD? I've noticed something different between you and him the past few days." Pinky may be young and nave but she saw things other people didn't. Especially when it came to her DD. Geet wasn't ready to share what happened between Maan and her just yet. "Pinky, there's nothing going on between me and Maan, I'm just very exhausted that's all." "But I never asked if there was anything going on between you two, I asked if you were upset because of him. Is there something going on between you two? Because that would be amazing!" Pinky said with a brilliant smile. "What?? That's ridiculous, how can you even say that? You know as well as I do that its not possible for me to be with anyone. Not only that, your DD is not very fond of me. Everybody knows that. For gods sake, he yells at me every two seconds.", Geet lied smoothly. She tried to make her argument as convincing as she could. "Geet, just because your having an baby doesn't mean you have to sacrifice every other part of you life. You can still be happy. I know all the things that happened to you was horrible, but you can't let it hold you back from living your life. And maybe it wouldn't be so bad if there was something between you and DD", Pinky declared. Geet looked at Pinky with aggravation and said, "I'm not letting my past control my future, I just need some time to deal this absurdity called my life." "Fine suit yourself. But just imagine, you and DD, It'll be magical. And you would be the envy of every girl. He'd always be there to save you, the damsel in distress. Haayyyyy, Dhak, Dhak." Pinky said with a dreamy aura. Geet laughed it off with a "Your crazy Pinky."

Pinky had given Geet something to think about that night. Could people really see that there was something going on between Maan and her? No, its was probably only Pinky, because Pinky lived with Geet. As least that's what she hoped it was. One thing was certainly becoming clear it was becoming more and more difficult to work with Maan. Maan didn't mention anything to Geet about his confrontation after she asked him to let it go two days ago. But she could tell it was always on his mind. He looked at her with more intensity then before. There was a new look of frustration in his eyes. Geet knew things would never be the same between them.

Maan came to work the next day thinking the same thing he had been thinking for the past two days; how was he going to convince Geet to accept his feelings for her? He wasn't a romantic person and didn't know how to express his emotions well. He didn't know how to woo a girl. He hated all that lovey dovey stuff, it made him sick to his stomach. If he was going to win Geet over, he was going to do it just as he was. He was never going to change for anyone. If he changed Geet wouldn't love him for who he was and that would make their relationship a lie. Maan's thoughts were interrupted with a phone call. "Hello", Maan answered. "Good morning, Mr. Khurana, Its Mr. Chopra." "Good morning, what can I do for you", "Well I was wondering if you and Ms. Geet could meet me for lunch today to finish discussing the construction plans?", "Yes, of course I can", Maan responded.", "Alright then, I will meet you at the construction site at 12:30. I'll arrange for our lunch at a nearby restaurant", Mr. Chopra told him. When Maan hung up he knew that it would be a problem convincing Geet to come with him for lunch. He was sure she wouldn't take it the right way. He dreadfully walked to her office. She was sitting at her desk working on the computer. She looked like her mind was somewhere else. "Geet, Mr. Chopra wants to meet with us for lunch. We'll have to leave in 20 mins if we want to make it in time. We need to take the construction files with us.", "But sir…", "Geet!", Maan took a deep breath and calmed himself, "I don't want to hear any arguments. This is important and you know Mr. Chopra wants you on his project specifically." "Fine!!" , Geet said through gritted teeth.

Geet hated it when Maan did that. He always had to get things his way. "Dusht Dhanav", She said out loud after he was out of earshot. She continued, "Why do I always have to go with him? Isn't there anyone else's brain he could chew? He's such a control freak!!" The shades were closed on the glass wall that separated their office but there was a small opening and Maan looked through to see Geet fuming. She was mumbling things. He knew she was probably running her mouth again with as many curses she could think of. Dusht Dhanav was one of her favorites. He had heard her call him this many times behind his back, but he always pretended not to hear. He smiled at her ignorance.

They had an awkward ride to the meeting. Neither of them spoke to each other the whole ride. During their lunch, Maan noticed that Geet was barely touching her food. He wanted to tell her finish all her lunch, but he couldn't. He knew she would take it the wrong way and do the exact opposite of what he said. Mr. Chopra praised Maan and Geet on their work before they left. Geet gave him a weak smile while Maan stretched out on of his firm hands to shake.

The ride back seemed to take forever. The silence in the car was deafening. Geet thought of something to make the mood lighter. She turned the radio on and the song Kaise Mujhe Tum Mill Gaye was playing. Maan instantly turned it off. Geet turned it back on. "This is my car and the music only plays if I say so.", Maan said. "Uffff, your such a buzz kill", Geet proclaimed after giving up. "Deal with it", Maan told her. "I have been dealing with it. Since the day I met you actually.", then she mumbled something under her breath that sounded a lot like dusht dhanav. "What?, you think your so easy to deal with. All you do is…", Maan stopped talking and realized his car was beginning to wheeze and halted to a full stop. He stepped out and opened the hood forcefully. A cloud of smoke engulfed him. He coughed and closed the hood. "yeh toh hona hi tha", He thought. Geet came out of the car and asked Maan what happened. He replied with annoyance "I don't know. Of course this had to happen since your with me!" "Are you seriously blaming this on me?", Geet said at full volume. Maan calmed himself down, "No, I just got frustrated.", Geet turned off her Punjabi sherni mode, "Good!" Maan gave her a displeased glance and thought of what to do. He took out his phone to call the driver to pick them up. As it just so happened there was no reception and they were stuck in the middle of no where since the construction site was in the out skirts of town. There didn't seem to be any other cars passing by and they couldn't possibly walk back to work, it was too far. "My phone has no reception and I don't know if we can find a mechanic anywhere around here.", Maan told Geet. "So what are we going to do?", "Lets walk up a little further and see if we can get any help.", Maan answered.

They both walked side by side for twenty minutes and there was no sign of any help. Geet began to get tired, "I need to take a break." Maan looked at Geet and could see that she didn't look well, other wise he would have gave his "women were so weak" speech. He looked around for a place to sit. There was a big tree stump on the side of the road. They both sat there quietly for a few minutes, until Maan realized this was a perfect time to question Geet further on her indifference to his feelings because she had no where to escape.

"Geet", Maan whispered. She looked at him with a knowing look. It was his tone that gave away what he just about to say, "I want to know the real truth about why you don't want to be with me. And don't say its because you don't love me, I know there's something else." Geet stood up and faced him "There is nothing else. I already told you everything. You can't force me to be with you!!", "I'm not trying to force you into anything. I would never force you! I just want a reasonable explanation." Geet began to take deep breaths, "You don't get it do you? My life is too complicated. I can't just fall in love with who ever I want." "NO! Of course I don't get it! You won't give me a proper explanation. And what's so complicated?? Maybe if you told me I would understand." Maan said frantically. "Trust me you don't want to know!", Geet said fuming. "Trust me, I DO!" Maan argued back. "Fine! you asked for it." She turned away from him as tears began to trickle down her cheeks "You want to know about how I'm pregnant with someone else's child or that my husband left me the day after our wedding or that my brother tried to kill me because I wouldn't abort my baby!!! Because that's the truth. Now do you still love me??" She asked with fury and misery in her eyes.

Maan stood there without saying anything for a moment too long. His composure shattered, and for the first time Maan Singh Khurana's face turned into the that of a broken man. For the first time, he felt the pain of a thousand knives piercing his heart. Geet began to walk away from him. Geet, his Geet, was pregnant and married?? How could this be? She had just asked if he still loved her now. What kind of question was that? Feelings just don't evaporate into thin air because you discovered that the girl of your dreams didn't belong to you. He had to know the whole story. She had said her husband had left her, but why? He finally saw Geet walk away from him, he ran after her, "Geet!". She stopped and turned to look at him. She didn't seem like the same lively girl that he was used to. She was in pain. He could see the grief on her features. "I want you to tell me everything.", Maan said. His throat had gone dry and he felt as if he had no strength. "What?" Geet whispered. "Geet, I'm not going to run from you because of your history. I want to know everything that happened." Geet stared at Maan for a instant, "Why?", "Because I love you.", Maan answered softly.

Geet took a moment to take in what he just said. She walked back to the tree stump and sat down. Then, she began her story. He listened quietly as she explained how she had married a NRI from Canada and how her family made her marry him despite her wanting to wait. She told him how they had a quick wedding and how he left her behind in the airport like extra baggage. When her family had found out about how they were deceived, they tried to hide the fact that Geet was married. Then she found out that she was pregnant. She didn't want to accept his deception and wanted answers because she was going to be the mother of his child. She discovered the guy only married her for her property. She met his wife in Amritsar the day Maan and her went to sign the property registration papers. His wife was actually the women that pretended to be his bhabi. When she returned, her family found out that she was pregnant. She didn't want to abort her baby. But her family didn't want to damage their reputation, and instead decided it would be better to murder one of their own. The next morning, after Maan had saved her, she went back home to confront her family and make sure Brij was punished"

The tears streamed down Geet's cheeks. Maan couldn't stand to see them. He touched her face and whipped them away. He wanted to shield her from the rest of the world so no one would ever be able to hurt her again. He faced Geet and wrapped his arms around her. She hid her face in his chest and cried. He wanted to tell her that he would always protect her but not a single word would come out of his mouth. At that moment it seemed as if they were the only two people that existed. A few minutes later she composed herself and backed out of his embrace, "Maan, that night you saved me and my baby. Because of all the things you had said to me that day, I went back for justice. If I never met you I would have never learned to fight for myself." Maan took all this in silence. Geet wondered what he was thinking. She continued, "The fact that hurt me the most was that my parents didn't fight for me. They allowed Daarji and Brij to take control of everything. My parents were good people but they let their own daughter become a victim of injustice. So I left. There was no reason for me to stay there anymore.", "I think you did the right thing" was all Maan said. "I want to give my child a good future. I can't get distracted or become selfish. My child is what comes first. Maan, I know this isn't what you anticipated but this is the truth. I want you to know that I don't expect anything from you."

Maan stood up and lent his hand to help her get up. Geet reached for his hand and got up. Now Maan took both her hands in his and asked her "Will you marry me?"

Next Part: What will Geet's answer to Maan's proposal be?

Many of you asked me to make the the update longer so I did. It took me all day. It takes a lot of thinking and now I'm exhausted. LOL. It takes time to write and I can't promise that they will always be long. Just so guys know I have a test this week, so I don't know if I can update in the next few days. But don't worry there are new Geet episodes during the week to sattisfy you. I hope you all like it. Please don't forget to comment. =)
Edited by ann65 - 13 years ago
bdas thumbnail
awesomeee.. i hope this happens in reall !!