Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BgblZoolander69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Part 3

Geet and Maan stared at each other for what seemed like forever. She couldn't believe what he had just said. Was her mind playing tricks on her? Was she going crazy? He possibly couldn't have said what she thought he said. It was impossible. But she knew that she heard Maan correctly.

Maan ultimately saw how simple it was. He had denied his feelings for a long time. He had finally stopped fighting himself. But now a new dread was coming over him. Geet wasn't saying anything. She just stood there. Before he blurted out his feelings for her, he didn't think about what Geet's reaction would be to his revelation. How could he be so stupid? He moved s step closer to her and tried to explain himself "Geet…", "Please don't say anything else. I think it would be best if I just go.". Geet said abruptly.

Geet felt like she couldn't get out of there fast enough. She practically flew out of the office. How could this be? Maan Singh Khurana, the man that everyone feared, the man who never let himself get close to anyone was in love with her. There had to be something wrong. Maan Always gave her the impression that he didn't like her. But then again he had changed in the past few weeks. Was this the reason he smiled now? Was this the reason he didn't yell at Geet as much as before? Maan was a good person at heart, she knew that very well. He had helped her out when ever she needed it. He was harsh but he always steered her towards the right direction. He was also handsome, no doubt. She liked his company, when he wasn't angry that is. But that doesn't mean she loved him. Does it? No of course not, she couldn't. How could she even think that? She was having someone else's baby. She had come to Delhi to give her baby and herself a good future. She didn't have time for any distractions. Besides she didn't think Maan would feel the same way if he knew about her past. Forget Maan, no guy in their right mind would want to accept her. The taxi had already brought Geet home. She didn't even realize how she got on the taxi in the first place. Either way she was relieved to be home.

Maan was surprised at his own feelings. He thought he would never be able to love anyone. He had lost all interest in the word love a long time ago. Now he understood why he always thought of Geet, why he always wanted to help her and why he didn't like it when she was away from him. Geet had left without giving him any response. Maan realized that she didn't feel the same way about him. Or else why would she leave? He did not like the feeling of rejection seeping over him. He didn't expect Geet to run off like that. All of this was his fault. If he had treated her kindly from the beginning, she wouldn't have wanted to get away from him. What was he going to do now? He wasn't as good with girls as his brother Dev was. Maybe he should have waited to tell her, maybe he should have bought her flowers and asked her out to dinner first. At least that's what Dev did. No, that was a stupid idea. Maan didn't do those kinds of things. But he knew that yelling at a girl and then declaring your love for her was not a good idea either. He had to fix this. He had finally realized that Geet was the one person he wanted to be with. So he was determined to talk to her tomorrow, and this time he would try not to raise his voice.

Geet awoke the next morning replaying everything that happened to her the night before. She didn't know how to face Maan. Not going to work was out of the question. She needed this job. Also she had learned from Maan himself that backing out of a problem would never help solve it. Though she was afraid to go to work that day, she still did. When she arrived at work, she saw that Maan had come in early that day. She quickly walked past his office. But he saw her and asked her to come in. She took a deep breath and went inside.

Maan's heartbeat definitely began to race the moment he saw Geet. He was afraid that she might not show up to work today. But when he saw her he called her in before she found a way to avoid him for the rest of the day. Thankfully she came into his office. "Do you need something sir?" Geet asked. Maan cleared his throat and said, "Uhhh…Geet…I wanted to talk to you about last night. I know I probably caught you off guard and…" Geet interrupted , "Sir please, I don't want to talk about it. Please don't make things complicated between us." "Geet I know I haven't always been the nicest to you but I meant what I said last night." "It doesn't matter", Geet replied. "What do you mean it doesn't matter? Is there someone else?" Maan asked. "No, its not like that", Geet answered. "Then what is it? Is it because I'm you boss or because I haven't been polite to you?", Maan inquired in frustration. "No, this has nothing to do with you. I can't deal with any of this right now. I don't have the time for these useless things in my life. Everything is too complicated" The fact that Geet referred to him as useless hurt Maan. "Are sure that's the reason or are your afraid to be with me", Maan asked with slight anger and pain in his voice. Geet knew that Maan was stubborn and wanted answers. The only way to get him to stop talking about last night was to be as stubborn as him. "No, I am not afraid. You need to understand that not everything will go your way. I don't want to talk about this. If you want me to work here then you'll have to let this go. Or else I will quit." She soften her tone and continued "You'll find someone else that will make you very happy one day, but I'm not that person. So please forget about this" For some reason she felt a twinge of sadness when she said this.

Maan decided to think it through before he answered Geet this time. He had the feeling there was something she wasn't telling him. He could see it in the way she talked. There was pain in her eyes. For today he thought it would be best if he let it go. He didn't want to pressure her. He wasn't going to force her to love him. One thing he just noticed was, not once did she say that she didn't have feelings for him. Maybe there was some hope. She told him he would find someone else. But how was he to convince her that she was the one he wanted to be with. "Ok, I understand. You can go now." Geet turned around to leave with a look of relief. "Oh Geet, can you please give me the budget files for new project?", Maan said. "Yes sir", Geet answered. Maan didn't really need the budget files but wanted to assure Geet that things would still be the same between them and it wasn't going to be awkward. Boy was he wrong. His whole world had changed since the day he met Geet Handa and it would never go back to the same.

Next Part: Will Maan be able to get Geet to tell him the real reason behind her rejection?

Please leave your comments. Tell me what you thought of the story. If you have any suggestions I'll be glad to hear them. Also, I don't mind constructive ctriticism. Hope you like it. =)Edited by ann65 - 13 years ago
anufa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow......

jaldi se update kro!!!!!

plzzzzzz👏👍🏼
shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
nice part.. hope she tells Maan abt her past soon...
OOO this is soooo good! I wanna know more!
Endless_sky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
this is really good will wait for more. Edited by Kaval05 - 13 years ago
mysterygurl1427 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
please update now!!! u really think that on a saturday night all of Maaneet fans are dyin for Monday and here u gave us such a short update??? How could u yaar???? it was tooooo good outstanding!!!! But tooooo short.......i am cryin now!!!! I can't believe Geet didn't say anything to him.....she just left him without givin him an answer?? That was so cruel on her part....if u aren't going to accept his love at least be noble enough to tell him why not!!!

Poor Maan i felt so hurt when that happened!!! Then u just left us all hanging 😲

jaldi continue karna or else i will surely die😭😆....i am already dyin because this saturday is not finishing......but whatever it is probably already Sunday in India....so all of u that living there be happy!!! One more day left for u....as for us.....still stuck on Sat!!!
Edited by mysterygurl1427 - 13 years ago
BgblZoolander69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mysterygurl1427

please update now!!! u really think that on a saturday night all of Maaneet fans are dyin for Monday and here u gave us such a short update??? How could u yaar???? it was tooooo good outstanding!!!! But tooooo short.......i am cryin now!!!! I can't believe Geet didn't say anything to him.....she just left him without givin him an answer?? That was so cruel on her part....if u aren't going to accept his love at least be noble enough to tell him why not!!!

Poor Maan i felt so hurt when that happened!!! Then u just left us all hanging 😲

jaldi continue karna or else i will surely die😭😆....i am already dyin because this saturday is not finishing......but whatever it is probably already Sunday in India....so all of u that living there be happy!!! One more day left for u....as for us.....still stuck on Sat!!!

LoL.i'm sorry you felt that way. I wanted to write more but I was out all day and so tried. I'm gonna write soon, don't worry. The reason Geet left Maan like that was because she didn't know what to say to him. She was in shock because she never expected Maan of all people to tell her that he loved her. Also her situation made it complicated for her to give him a proper explanation. Don't worry I have something good planned for the next part. And I'm waiting as impatiently as you are for Monday to come. 😊
*mittu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I loved your fic. I really hope Maan will learn about her past soon. Please update soon. Would you please add me also to your PM list
AnonMSK thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
loved the update👏, do add me in ur pm list😊
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nice update! Geet does have feelings, me thinks.......poor Maan......lolz......it was really good.....do continue soon......and thanks for the PM!