is fame overrated ? your thoughts ?

dormantdreams thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I've always thought a LOT about this .

I understand a human being's need for money and power but ...that third and last thing ...FAME ?

why is FAME equated with success ? is fame necessary ? why do ppl run after fame ? Like I said , I understand why they run after money and power but again WHY FAME ?

honestly WHY would you want tons of ppl knowing you only superficially  ? what kind of life is that if not a superficial one ? what's the joy in being talked about ? Is all this worth losing your privacy ?

I wanna hear someone else's view - maybe ppl can list something positive about it .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
A person often seeks approval or reassurance from other ppl to feel good about oneself.  Makes the person feel more imp than s/he is. Being famous makes the person feel that he has arrived as he has gained acceptance or approval from others. Fame wud boost ones ego. Theres a feeling of elation , happiness even if it may be shortlived.
moneyyyy.. monEYYYY 

yeah 8-)
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I am not interested In fame. tehehe

Originally posted by: P1nk

I am not interested In fame. tehehe

who are you interested in? 😉
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Human needs money and fame, equally. He's an attention seeker, since the very beginning. I don't like the idea of running after both, however.

People do run after fan, you don't .. I don't but there are people who actually like people knowing them in specific and every issue out of their lives to be a public issue. It's like a dream at first... once fulfilled, a dream come true and ultimately in the end... realization of the beauty of normal man's life.Edited by vanillamuffin - 13 years ago
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jettythegod

who are you interested in? 😉

Teheheheh you 😳

Originally posted by: P1nk

Teheheheh you 😳

I know 😳
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Different people want different things in life. Society conditions us to believe that success comes with money, power, and fame. Ultimately, I think the main goal is power- which comes from both money and fame. There are certain kinds of people in the world that define success to mean power. One way to achieve it is perhaps fame, acknowledgment, and celebrity status.

Personally, I like being an ajnabee to the rest of the world. It makes life more fun that way.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

What is fame? "The advantage of being known by people of whom you yourself know nothing, and for whom you care as little."-Bayon