Short Story Writing Contest # 2! l Contest closed!

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

[Credit for the sig goes to Roz (PyaarSe)]

WELCOME TO SHORT STORY WRITING CONTEST # 2!

Remember the contest we had last year? Well it is back this year, and it's going to be harder and tougher! So jump right in and put that thinking cap on! All the writers, get ready to rock 'n' roll!

'For me, writing is exploration; and most of the time, I'm surprised where the journey takes me'
- Jack Dann

Here is your concept:

He stood there with a gun pointed at her. As calm as water, he stood there absolutely unwavered by the woman's fame and power. For others, this may be a crime, but for him, it was business. He smiled as she slowly took two steps back. "This won't hurt baby, it's going to be fast..and quick", he said to her, slowly and deliberately. He may not be torturing her physically, but he was torturing her mentally.

His finger curved around the trigger, and the last word that escaped her mouth before a loud shot sounded, was 'No'

A woman lit her cigarette and sat down in her chair. It was nice to get away for a while. Cafe was the perfect place to be away from all the office politics. Suddenly, her phone rang, cursing the caller, she picked it up without looking at the caller ID, "Hello?", and she heard a familiar voice on the other end. But before she could respond, two hands clasped her shoulders from behind and as she turned around to look who it was, the call was disconnected.

Plug this ^ in whereve you want, and in whichever way you want. It's not necessary to fit the entire paragraph in one place, you can split it up and fit it wherever you want. Just keep in mind not to change the language or the dialogues. πŸ˜Š Like last year, let me repeat this - It can go in any direction. You all can make it a thriller, a romantic thriller, a tale of infedelity, a tale of vengeance etc. The idea put forth is vague, and can have various interpretations.

All entries will be judged by Nandini (nandinidev), Pooja (Pooj@) and Radz (Anhdara13), last year's winners 😊 Out of all the entries, 7 entries will be shortlisted by them. Good luck to everyone! πŸ˜ƒ

Guidelines:

1. Everyone is allowed to participate :)

2. All entries should be a maximum of 2500 words and minimum of 1000 words [ 12pt (Size 3 according to IF), Times New Roman, Single spaced  ]

Here is word counter, incase you all need to count your words quickly πŸ˜‰

https://www.wordcounttool.com/

3. All entries should comply with IF COC, which also includes a prohibition on writing adult content.

4. All entries should be PMed to me ( CZ.. ) and please remember to title your PM as, 'Writing contest entry'

5. Last date for submission - 8th July, 2010

6. Entries will be evaluated and awarded on the basis of:

a) Best Story
b) Best Concept
c) Best writer
d) Best title

7. You cannot advertise your stories, it will lead to disqualification.

8. One entry per person; Do not make MIDs to submit more than one entry (s)

9. The story does not have to start from the given paragraph, it can be incorporated in any way in any part of your story.

If there are any further queries, then please contact me! πŸ˜ƒ Have fun while writing, and please do take part! πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks,
Neeta

Edited by CZ.. - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-midnightsun- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

good luck everyone :)

looking forward to seeing all the enteries :)
SunshineGirl6 thumbnail
Good lucckk every1.........πŸ˜ƒ

Il think if i can participate........πŸ€”
hunder thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
good luck everyone

i know i am not a good writer but i will surely participate as i love competitions
Edited by hunder - 13 years ago
safeplacetoland thumbnail
Wow....this is amazing :)
Will deffo give it a try :)
Can we use TV couple names? :P
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NidzCole_ArTi

Wow....this is amazing :)
Will deffo give it a try :)
Can we use TV couple names? :P

Yes, you can :)
mishty1033 thumbnail
Goodluck everyone...

I am sure this is going to be fun.......

I think I will participate too... Cuz I want to give my writing a chance πŸ˜†
However, I wanted to ask that if we use the names of the characters from some of the popular ongoing shows...Is it allowed?
<3mishty
..pebo.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
im going to try , my writting skills!πŸ˜‰
desire_20 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
good luck everyone, im really hoping to read some good stuff through this competition
-nautankidollz- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
will send my entry soon
great arrangement guys