*Keshav Pandit Articles Archive*

Posted: 13 years ago

This thread contains articles and interviews relating to Keshav Pandit Articles from Telly Chakkar and Indian Television are not allowed as they are in direct competition with IF.

Please post all the articles related to KP here.
and
please do not comment

Sarwar Ahuja on the cover page of re-launched novel of Keshav Pandit

12 May 2010 | 5:39pm    

Ekta Kapoor's upcoming serial on Zee TV which is an adaptation of the famous Hindi novel Keshav Pandit was re-launched with the title 'Keshav Pandit's Return' with the lead Sarwar Ahuja on cover page..

Ekta Kapoor who is known for introducing new formats in the television industry is now on the go for launching a serial on Zee TV, that's an adaptation of a famous Hindi novel titled Keshav Pandit written by noted writer Ved Prakash Sharma.

And as a first humble step towards recognizing the work of the writer, the novel which was originally created in 1981 was re-launched, giving it a new title 'Keshav Pandit Ki Vapsi (Keshav Pandit's Return) by Ekta Kapoor and other members of the team at the press conference of the show.

The cover page of the novel holds the picture of Sarwar Ahuja the main lead of the serial. When asked Sarwar about his reaction about being on the cover page of the book, he replied with a smile, "It was a surprise for me also; I'm truly overwhelmed as I hold the book containing my picture in my hand. Now that I am on the cover page, I will have to read the book with all sincerity (smiles)".

When inquired with the popular writer Ved Prakash Sharma he said, "The novel Keshav Pandit has received tremendous response from the time of its inception and after that, on readers' demand I have created many series of the same .But as I reside in Meerut the novel is well-known there, so to make it readable to the Mumbai public and announce its alliance with the television series, we decided to re-launch the novel".

Keshav Pandit launches on May 15th, and will air every Saturday at the 8.30 PM slot.

We hope that the novel which has been successful in accumulating loyal readership succeeds in creating the same effect on the television viewers too.

Reporter and Author: Pooja Shenoy

Rajat Tokas in Zee TV's Keshav Pandit

22 April 2010 | 3:09pm    

Rajat Tokas of Star Plus series Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan and NDTV Imagine serial Dharam Veer will picture the character of junior Keshav Pandit…

Rajat Tokas who was last seen portraying the character of Veer in NDTV Imagine serial Dharam Veer has bagged the lead role in Balaji Telefilms' action packed show for Zee TV, Keshav Pandit

As reported earlier by TellyBuzz, Keshav Pandit is an adaptation of the best selling novel written by famous Hindi writer Ved Prakash Sharma.

The title role of Keshav Pandit has been bagged by Sarwar Ahuja who is presently seen in Imagine's Jyoti and Via Choudhary will portray the role of one of the girls in Keshav Pandit's life.

According to our source the latest buzz is that, "Rajat Tokas will be addressed as Madhav and characterized as younger version of Keshav Pandit and he would be part of the serial only for one episode."

When contacted Rajat he refused to comment anything.

As reported earlier, the serial will also have the same concept that was written in the novel. Keshav Pandit is a person who gets punished for a certain crime in childhood, and this is when he is given the very important Law Book by someone, who asks him to read all the clauses mentioned in the book so that he uses them to his own advantage. From that day onwards, Keshav has a strong hold on the rules of the law, with his main weapon being his mind power and knowledge. He does not even have a law degree but nobody can dare to stand against him in the court room. Keshav's main aim is to help the downtrodden and the needy, at the same time wage an open war with the culprits.

The show will go on floors very soon, and will launch post IPL. It will be a weekend show at prime time.

Reporter : Ranjini Nair

Aman Verma to play 'Bad Man' in Keshav Pandit..

07 April 2010 | 4:22pm    

One of the initial stories in Zee TV's upcoming show, Keshav Pandit will have Aman Verma playing a killer.

Aman Verma will play the 'Bad Man' in Balaji Telefilms' upcoming show on Zee TV, Keshav Pandit. The show as reported by TellyBuzz is an adaptation of the best selling novel written by Hindi writer Ved Prakash Sharma.

Sarwar Ahuja of Imagine's Jyoti will play the protagonist who will be featured as The Indian Version of Robinhood. There will be few characters who will constantly assist Keshav Pandit in his cases.

According to our source, "The shoot of Keshav Pandit had begun few days back. But there was an abrupt halt in the proceedings, as the channel wanted to make sure that they have got the right cast in. The shoot is scheduled to resume from day after tomorrow. The latest is that Aman Verma will be seen playing a killer in one of the initial episodes of the show. His role will be an episodic, and will be part of one of the stories".

When contacted, Aman Verma confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am playing one of the characters in Keshav Pandit. I do not have details about it, as I have not started shoot. All that I know is that mine is an episodic appearance".

Aman Verma was last seen in Balaji Telefilms' Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hain on Sony.

As reported earlier, Sarwar Ahuja will play the title role. Via Choudhary who was last seen in Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat will be one of the girls in Keshav's life. New face Zuben Dutt has also been finalized to play a member in Keshav Pandit's team.

Keshav Pandit is expected to launch post IPL, and will probably get a weekend slot.

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair

Via Choudhary in Zee TV's Keshav Pandit..

27 March 2010 | 2:59pm    

Via Choudhary of Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat fame will play the female lead in Balaji and Zee TV's upcoming show Keshav Pandit...

Via Choudhary who was last seen playing the evil character of Imli in Star Plus' Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat has bagged the lead role in Balaji Telefilms' action packed show for Zee TV, Keshav Pandit.

As reported earlier by TellyBuzz, Keshav Pandit is an adaptation of the best selling novel written by famous Hindi writer Ved Prakash Sharma.

The title role of Keshav Pandit has been bagged by Sarwar Ahuja who is presently seen in Imagine's Jyoti.

According to our source, "There were many known and new faces auditioned for Keshav's role. The channel and production house have now finalized Sarwar Ahuja. Via Choudhary will be one of the girls who will be in Keshav Pandit's life. New face Zuben Dutt has also been finalized to play a member in Keshav Pandit's team. Casting for other important roles are yet to happen".

When contacted, Via Choudhary told us, "Yes, I have auditioned for Keshav Pandit. But nothing has been confirmed to me yet".

As reported earlier, the serial will also have the same concept that was written in the novel. Keshav Pandit is a person who gets punished for a certain crime in childhood, and this is when he is given the very important Law Book by someone, who asks him to read all the clauses mentioned in the book so that he uses them to his own advantage. From that day onwards, Keshav has a strong hold on the rules of the law, with his main weapon being his mind power and knowledge. He does not even have a law degree but nobody can dare to stand against him in the court room. Keshav's main aim is to help the downtrodden and the needy, at the same time wage an open war with the culprits.

The show will go on floors very soon, and will launch post IPL. It will be a weekend show at prime time.

Sarwar Ahuja and Ekta Kapoor

There was speculation about Sarwar Ahuja, find of Zee TV's Cinestar Ki Khoj being replaced in Ekta Kapoor's Keshav Pandit. Apparently the production house first approached their blue-eyed boy Shabbir Ahluwalia however it was Ahuja who finally got the role in the end.

Though Ahuja shot for initial few episodes, the shooting for the show halted for few days and then the unit re-shot those episodes. Ahuja clears the air about it and says, "Casting any actor is completely the producer's decision. I do not get into any kind of gossip. We shot few episodes in Benaras and it is true we re-shot those episodes because Ekta was not happy the way they had come out. We did few changes in the presentation and in the script and shot it again. She wanted it to have a certain standard."

When asked Ekta about Ahuja, she defends her choice and says, "His talent has not been explored appropriately in any of his shows therefore I will still call him a fresh face. The show has the look of the '70s like Amitji (Amitabh Bachchan) in Deewar and I wanted a guy with depth in his eyes, just the way Amitji had and the warmth and a good physique reminding you of Dharamji (Dharmendra). I think Sarwar has these qualities in him and is the best choice for this character."

To this Ahuja smiles and says, "I guess I danced like Dharamji at her party probably that is the reason she said this. But on a serious note during the auditions they generally give us a brief about a character and if an actor manages to match at least 50% of what has been briefed to him then he or she gets selected for that role. So here too I think they thought I could match this character and they chose me for it. After taking it up I had to rehearse my lines, work on my Hindi diction. I started reading the original book on which Keshav Pandit is based and am trying to understand various laws."

Zubin Dutt enters as Keshav Pandit's right hand..

20 May 2010 | 4:45pm    

New face, Zubin Dutt will play a pivotal role in Balaji Telefilms and Zee TVs' weekend thriller, Keshav Pandit..

Ekta Kapoor's latest novel adaptation on Zee TV under the aegis Keshav Pandit with Sarwar Ahuja playing the lead role, has hit the television screens last weekend and seems to have captured a fairly good audience response.

The second episode which will be aired this Saturday is equally promising, and will lay a foundation to Keshav's fight for the needy. And this will mark the entry of the second lead of the show, Zubin Dutt.

A little birdie informed us that, "As the serial is tagged to be an episodic, this weekend's chapter would unveil yet another law pursuit of a bank driver who gets convicted for a crime he hasn't committed, and Keshav Pandit helps him get justice. The role is to be enacted by Zubin Dutt who can be tagged as the second lead of the show."

The guy who gets saved by Keshav Pandit goes on to join Keshav in his fight for truth.

When contacted, Zubin Dutt confirmed the news saying, "Yes I'm part of the serial and my character name is Mangal. My character is strong and serious, at the same time very comical. It serves as a cool breeze to the audience during intense scenes. My role could be regarded as a right hand to Keshav Pandit."

Zubin who had earlier done an episode in Koi Aane Ko Hai and certain television advertisements explains his occurrence with the show. "As per the character requirement I had to put on some weight and grow my hair; also had to work a lot to get a hold on the Allahabad accent. The experience has been amazing and quite challenging."

We wish Zubin Dutt all the luck!

Reporter and Author: Pooja Shenoy

Gungun Uprari in an episode of Keshav Pandit..

27 May 2010 | 5:23pm    

Gungun Uprari will be seen in an episodic of Zee TV's weekend thriller Keshav Pandit..

Gungun Uprari, the leading lady of COLORS' Bandhan Saat Janamon Ka will be seen in the upcoming episode of Balaji Telefilms' Keshav Pandit. The episode featuring her will be aired this Saturday, May 29th.

When contacted, Gungun confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I will be seen in the third episode of Keshav Pandit. I am playing a wife who is loving and caring towards her husband. The guy is a little bit psychic and is possessive about me. There happens an incident in our lives where somebody insults me and my husband murders him. And I as a dutiful wife take the blame on me to save my husband. However, as the episode unfolds it is revealed that there was a third person in the scene who actually is the culprit".

Gungun has watched the initial episodes of Keshav Pandit, and likes the show very much.

Gungun is presently shooting for Imagine's upcoming show produced by UTV Telly Talkies, Rakht Sambandh..

'Calories are conscious of me, I'm not'- Sarwar Ahuja

Sarwar Ahuja who essays the lead role in Zee's Keshav Pandit and Imagine's Jyoti discusses his ...

Panchi to enter Keshav Pandit?

08 June 2010 | 5:52pm    

The buzz is that Panchi Bohra will soon enter Zee and Balaji's Keshav Pandit…

Panchi Bohra, famous for her role as Prachi in Balaji and Star Plus' Kayamat, is tentatively slated to enter Zee and Balaji's Keshav Pandit.

According to our source, "The creatives have decided to finish the courtroom drama sequence and bring a romantic twist to the story. Keshav ( Sarwar Ahuja) has been shown having a childhood sweetheart named Sonu. Apparently, Panchi has been approached to play this role."

Adds the source, "The character will be introduced with a fresh twist in the story. Sonu is a pivotal character and will get lot of importance in the coming episodes. The entrance of Sonu will bring a romantic flavor in Keshav Pandit."

In the flashback sequence, it has been shown that Sonu's father murders Keshav's parents and traps Keshav only in the trial. Keshav eventually has to go to the prison after being convicted of his own parents' murder. When Keshav tells all this to Sonu, Sonu refuses to believe him unless he can get her solid evidence that goes against her father. With Sonu's return, this part of the story also gets an impetus.

We contacted Panchi but she refused to make any comment.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Susan Jose