Originally posted by: qwertyesque

Arre baba things have changed a lot since india became independent!!!!!😆

😆 true lekin "aam" haalaat abhi bhi waise hi hain ðŸ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

Which part of india you are from?

Qwertoo, I am from the same part of India as you and my mother tongue is same as yours. 😛
SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

If you are born and brought up in india.. you are good.. the problem is only for those who are born in US/UK etc.. and are accustomed to pure water and air.. while their immune system can take a long nap... I was born and brought up there too, but I always had a very delicate system. Every year I would catch one of those nasty malaria, dengue type of fevers, or food poisoning 😭 Hence I always had to be careful about what I ate.

I dont take malaria shots while travelling to india.. i eat vada pav.. with ,my eyes closed... cant see what i could be eating.. I do eat street food, but only during my winter trips. In the summer/monsoon, I don't dare. The last time I did, I landed in hospital.
Sun screen are you kidding.... you can use that if you dont want to look south indian... but not to prevent skin cancer.. or something.....yeah drink water since you can get dehydrated in god forskaen places in Rajasthan Delhi.. where heat is killing....stop showing off yuor NRI delicateness in front of poor friends and relative.. just have fun... I wasn't joking about sensitivity to sun - I had to wear full sleeves and cover my neck and shield my face in peak summer time or else I would get nasty rashes.

I always go to Chowpatty and have tried evertthing at sharmas... have tried roadside pani pure.. with eyes wide shut..drink water anywhere..I do use one thing from US though the hand sanitizers an carry a whole lot ot floss.. which is not easilly available in inda.. Every indian is made up of iron and bacteria.. immune to everything...Which part of india you are from?

My husband doubts my Indianness - can't bear heat, can't digest teekha khana, and have no resistance to the sun 😆😆 No wonder, I chose to marry someone from a cold country. 😆

If you are born and brought up in india.. you are good.. the problem is only for those who are born in US/UK etc.. and are accustomed to pure water and air.. while their immune system can take a long nap...

I dont take malaria shots while travelling to india.. i eat vada pav.. with ,my eyes closed... cant see what i could be eating..
Sun screen are you kidding.... you can use that if you dont want to look south indian... but not to prevent skin cancer.. or something.....yeah drink water since you can get dehydrated in god forskaen places in Rajasthan Delhi.. where heat is killing....stop showing off yuor NRI delicateness in front of poor friends and relative.. just have fun...

I always go to Chowpatty and have tried evertthing at sharmas... have tried roadside pani pure.. with eyes wide shut..drink water anywhere..I do use one thing from US though the hand sanitizers an carry a whole lot ot floss.. which is not easilly available in inda.. Every indian is made up of iron and bacteria.. immune to everything...Which part of india you are from?

South Indians are beautiful too ... being dark is not that bad. But to prevent rashes etc ... yep .. somekind of a deterrent is good.

Never saw any GOD FORSAKEN PLACE around in Delhi...

Indians are of many kinds .... not everyone is immune I'm sure...

The most pathetic scene comes when the street urchins gather ... thats when you realise that its not a BOOM for everyone ...

Well .. its probably different for those who were brought up in India ... for us kinda people (since 3, brought up in Sweden) ... its more difficult ofcourse. Specially for a person from the Nordics..

The day I opened this topic ... I had a stomach upset ... and puked once... my wife felt strange (headache n' stuff)... was too hot.... exceptionally hot...

But then ... we were out that day ... out all day, visiting places....

Being inside a car ... staying home in the AC .... going to all the LUXURY (by that I mean cool places) places ... will keep the person OK ...

The only things which remains now is the traffic ofcourse ... after all the AC security and stuff... and Delhi traffic is improving I hear.... is it?
Edited by Ice-Thinker - 13 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Qwertoo, I am from the same part of India as you and my mother tongue is same as yours. 😛

aila i feel so proud that a gal with you brains is from my place and speaketh my language....- great... 😊

PS:  sorry for reducing the IQ on my part... ðŸ˜†
qwertyesque thumbnail
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

😆 true lekin "aam" haalaat abhi bhi waise hi hain ðŸ˜†

that was a good one......😆
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

</div>

If you are born and brought up in india.. you are good.. the problem is only for those who are born in US/UK etc.. and are accustomed to pure water and air.. while their immune system can take a long nap...
<div>

I dont take malaria shots while travelling to india.. i eat vada pav.. with ,my eyes closed... cant see what i could be eating..

Sun screen are you kidding.... you can use that if you dont want to look south indian... but not to prevent skin cancer.. or something.....yeah drink water since you can get dehydrated in god forskaen places in Rajasthan Delhi.. where heat is killing....stop showing off yuor NRI delicateness in front of poor friends and relative.. just have fun...

I always go to Chowpatty and have tried evertthing at sharmas... have tried roadside pani pure.. with eyes wide shut..drink water anywhere..I do use one thing from US though the hand sanitizers an carry a whole lot ot floss.. which is not easilly available in inda..Every indian is made up of iron and bacteria.. immune to everything...Which part of india you are from?

Chowpatty beach is amazing! Yet for some reason I prefer Juhu beach despite it being not as clean..it has a very festive mood to it I guess. I heard they've stopped horse rides there now though due to animal cruelty? and not to forget the fun fair where the rides are probably the most dangerous rides ever, most of them lacking a decent seat belt lol.
I just love street food! They tend to taste a lot better than when sitting in a restaurant ordering food. It's fun telling the guy 'aur teekha bhaisaab' after gobbling down one paani puri after the other. 😛

any mumbaikars hears of gypsy in shivaji park? It's quite a popular restaurant and you'll often spot directors and celebs eating there..their indo-chinese food is AMAZING! Gurukripa is another one of my favourites..I have never in my life tasted better gajjar ka halwa! <3

Qwertyji talking about bacteria and NRI's and our immune system, anyone else find that Indian milk is totally different to the milk over here (buffalo back home and cow over here) and i'm too used to the milk here so I can't eat the milk over there at all..it makes me feel sick.
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Chowpatty beach is amazing! Yet for some reason I prefer Juhu beach despite it being not as clean..it has a very festive mood to it I guess. I heard they've stopped horse rides there now though due to animal cruelty? and not to forget the fun fair where the rides are probably the most dangerous rides ever, most of them lacking a decent seat belt lol.
I just love street food! They tend to taste a lot better than when sitting in a restaurant ordering food. It's fun telling the guy 'aur teekha bhaisaab' after gobbling down one paani puri after the other. 😛

any mumbaikars hears of gypsy in shivaji park? It's quite a popular restaurant and you'll often spot directors and celebs eating there..their indo-chinese food is AMAZING! Gurukripa is another one of my favourites..I have never in my life tasted better gajjar ka halwa! <3

Qwertyji talking about bacteria and NRI's and our immune system, anyone else find that Indian milk is totally different to the milk over here (buffalo back home and cow over here) and i'm too used to the milk here so I can't eat the milk over there at all..it makes me feel sick.

😆😆.. u know shivaji park!!???? Man.. u might turn out to my neighbor..or something..😆

In india they do sell cows milk... it has a brand name i forgot....so dont worry eat and drink anything.. again if you are born in india or lived for few years since birth its typically ok.. I know of several freinds who got their kids here as 3-4 year old and are visiting inida without any kind of vaccine mania or anything... Now tell me what else you know in Shivaji park....i know Gypsy... I love the Sardar pav bhaji ,, nothing like it
Wow!  Visiting India during summers without any precautions --- is this the new sign of mardaangi or what 😆  Sarina, what are you trying to prove here, babes?  Even middle middle class Indians stay away from the nal ka pani over there.

I can't eat out when I go there during summers.  I enjoy the food during winters though.  But I am ALWAYS careful about the water. 
Edited by Gauri_3 - 13 years ago