Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: rapunzel84

Woah...so much is being said...have to give my 2 cents:

• Star one is a GEC - a general entertainment channel competing with the likes of sony, zee, colors but yes it started off as youth focused GEC but tht was not good enough to sustain them n thts y the shift towards family oriented shows
  • Lately star one's strategy has been to attract a more mature audience and thts y shows like geet n odhni have been launched.
  • Like any other channel, star one makes money through advertising - and the advertisers look for ratings - and these are Television ratings n not internet ratings which only TAM gives. Every channel follows TAM which gives TVRs - Television Viewer Ratings which is essentially the SAME as TRPs (dont question this coz am a media professional...do this for a living...for the uninitiated, google it!)
  • DMG was the no.1 show for the channel only till MJHT arrived...after tht its never been the no. 1 show for the channel. Even when AR love story was at its peak, it was not even in the TOP 100 shows (check tam archives) and MJHT was its no.1 show so all this 2.3 ratings is not true...else it wud ve been in the TOP 20!
  • DMG was garnering ratings of about 0.6 - 0.8 when the last AR scene was shot, and wen the new interns came, it fell vry marginally to 0.5 - 0.7
  • Wen SR story started, ratings were consistently in the range of 0.6 - 0.7 (not a huge drop from the past)
  • When KSG came back thr was NO SIGNIFICANT JUMP (again check tam archives)...the reason y ppl are thinking ksg made the trps shoot up was coz ksg's return created a huge buzz mostly in the INTERNET AUDIENCE and buzz doesnt necessarily translate into TRPs which is for TV audience.
  • But CVs were happy with the buzz and attention dmg started to get again (will give credit to ksg for tht)
  • Sadly ratings have not gone up ever since!
So u see, the CVs realize tht the ratings have not fluctuated hugely and thrs not much difference between the two love stories in terms of ratings - but wat works in SR's favor is the timeframe! they are aware tht in 3 months the SR pair has gotten ratings tht AR got in the 2.5 yrs and thts precisely the reason y they wanna pursue the SR track...and going by the way SR fans are multiplying, i dont think its a bad move!

Please note tht this post is not coz am an AR fan or SR fan...purely objective - with facts and numbers to prove my point and trying to explain the mindset behind the television business.

Rapzeee,

Do you do for a living what i think you do for a living?😳......You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, baby. Please turn this into a post and help in educating the forum regarding the business of entertainment.😃

For the ignorant.... 2.8 or whatever was the time frame TVR..... not TRP. So, before you argue, please re-look at what you are arguing about.

TRPs of DMG have stayed static at 0.5-0.6 since Jan 2010.

FarzuIrani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
they tried sr track but went as a phook and aag way
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
If CVs actually understood TRPs then Armaan and Riddhima wouldn't have been seperated!

What people here are continuously ignore here is the fact that the show was going to shut down because the SR track had failed and I don't think you need to be einstein to realise that even with KSG's entry, the trps weren't going to shoot up. Thats not how it works but even so in the week AR met, DMG became the No.1 on Star One. Must mean something na?Edited by *Reemz* - 14 years ago
rapunzel84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

Rapzeee,

Do you do for a living what i think you do for a living?😳......You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, baby. Please turn this into a post and help in educating the forum regarding the business of entertainment.😃

For the ignorant.... 2.8 or whatever was the time frame TVR..... not TRP. So, before you argue, please re-look at what you are arguing about.

TRPs of DMG have stayed static at 0.5-0.6 since Jan 2010.

Poco yes u guessed wat i do for a living 😉 as for making this as a post n educating the ignorant..well all i can say is they are blinded by their ar forever slogan..no matter wat we do or write, they will still say ar forever! so let them be in their delusional world...thankfully, the channel n CVs are more concerned bout TRPs n ratings ðŸ˜Š
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

If CVs actually understood TRPs then Armaan and Riddhima wouldn't have been seperated!

CVs is a veteran production house and they understand TRPs and their business better than anyone else on the forum.

The whole shootout and the exit of the old gang was done due to reasons that cannot be discussed on this forum. I know all this is emotional for you , us and all fans. But at the end of the day , it is business.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

What people here are continuously ignore here is the fact that the show was going to shut down because the SR track had failed and I don't think you need to be einstein to realise that even with KSG's entry, the trps weren't going to shoot up. Thats not how it works but even so in the week AR met, DMG became the No.1 on Star One. Must mean something na?

Errmmm.. number one with 0.6 from 0.4. Right now, it is back to 0.5.
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: farzanairani

they tried sr track but went as a phook and aag way

Phoonk and aag way? 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
rapunzel84 thumbnail

What people here are continuously ignore here is the fact that the show was going to shut down because the SR track had failed and I don't think you need to be einstein to realise that even with KSG's entry, the trps weren't going to shoot up. Thats not how it works but even so in the week AR met, DMG became the No.1 on Star One. Must mean something na?

DMG was given the ultimatum by the channel to shut down even before the new interns came in! Hows tht to burst your bubble? And i know this coz someone vry close to me works for Star One!!! And i cant get into the reasons coz as Poco said, they cant be discussed on the forum!!!!

As for DMG becoming no.1 in the week AR met - dun think so...n even if it were true dont u think AR meeting was a highpoint tht all dmg fans wud ve watched irrespective of whether they are AR fans or SR fans..or u trying to say tht AR meeting was only watched by AR fans and DMG became no.1 show in tht week so this means AR fans alone made the show no.1 for the channel 😕 thts illogical!
Edited by rapunzel84 - 14 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Poco yes u guessed wat i do for a living 😉 as for making this as a post n educating the ignorant..well all i can say is they are blinded by their ar forever slogan..no matter wat we do or write, they will still say ar forever! so let them be in their delusional world...thankfully, the channel n CVs are more concerned bout TRPs n ratings ðŸ˜Š

Agreed.

Some posts make me fall off my chair in laughter. 🤣

Kids here are so naive and tad innocent , man. If only I could tell them how things function here , man!

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

DMG was given the ultimatum by the channel to shut down even before the new interns came in! Hows tht to burst your bubble? And i know this coz my sis works for Star One!!!

As for DMG becoming no.1 in the week AR met - dun think so...n even if it were true dont u think AR meeting was a highpoint tht all dmg fans wud ve watched irrespective of whether they are AR fans or SR fans..or u trying to say tht AR meeting was only watched by AR fans and DMG became no.1 show in tht week so this means AR fans alone made the show no.1 for the channel 😕 thts illogical!

BINGO.

I did not want to say this on the forum but now, since you have mentioned it , i second that.

DMG keeps receiving ultimatums and signals to shut down but it doesn't close because it is still DELIVERING compared to other programmes on Star One.

DMG is number 1 this week as well with MJHT and Sshhhh phir koi hai with a rating of 0.5.

So?