Commitment: A Lost Virtue - Page 8

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago

The thing is that when married women with children on this forum are chanting for a divorce for no legit reason, tab toh I ignore the silly digs of young maidens on the forum as they are naive and fools. Love is such a subjective way to justify anything, as it's never constant, and we fall in and out of love of things and human beings a billion times. Life is not always lived on the terms of love and a fairytale, because that's impractical. Love is beautiful indeed, but it's more beautiful if it's realistic and reasonable. Marriage is a sacred bond which is created for two beings involved with each other and it's meant to be worked out thru thick and thin. Of course I am not delusional like some on this forum, and do realize divorce rates in our times is as high, and it definitely should be taken forward if abuse is occurring or if the people involved in the relationship are not satisfied with each other. It's better to take that step besides one of the two people involved in the marriage committing ghastly acts such as infidelity in order to cope up with unsatisfying marriages. There will never be a justification for infidelity, till mankind exists. Anyways, when our feelings fluctuate with our moods, how are the women on this forum screaming 'NOOOOO, she doesn't feel anything for Siddhanth.' She feels something, be it hate, passion, like, respect, mutual trust...something there is that she feels for him, and she herself has accepted that in the coming future she may fall for Siddhanth and weave a practical fairytale with him.

Not everyone in this world ends up with the person they first fell in love with, because it's just as simple as they were not meant to be, and they are better off without each other. Of course you will not forget that part of your life, but that doesn't suggest you will never be able to love someone just as deeply or even more the second time around. There's not a rule that says we can 'love' only once in our life, and then we are done with it. Women or men that lose their significant others in a tragic incident do move on and find second love...so I just don't see why some are cribbing so much over such an abstract topic.

And....divorce for just avein...😆 I mean yes this is 21st century, but ya know what, we still hold value to committments, mutual trust, and sacred bonds. 21st century doesn't justify extra marital affairs or breach of trust.
Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago
~sumedha~ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
hey.....
i agree with all of you who are saying arranged marriages have worked from time immemorial and about a gazillion ppl have had a happy married life by falling for the man they marry......
the thing is i feel that riddhima wud hav been happy in a compromise marriage if she had never fallen in love......but having fallen in love with armaan and having felt that passion and emotion for someone i don't think its possible to reconcile yourself to a compromise marriage. if armaan never came back that wud be possible but with him very much part of her life........she will always think of what she could have had with armaan.....an eternal and consuming love.....she is half of AR she knows deep down that what they had together.....that magic will never be created again.....and knowing this i don't think its possible for her to keep herself and sid happy.......
just my pov.....
love
sumedha
Cookies01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

In practical life, I have not seen a girl divorcing her husband if her x-lover who left her w/o telling her the reason.. And neither I have seen her going back to that person again, breaking all present / current relationship 😃

If CV's want to make DMG a hit show, it must follow the latest trend i.e. Love after marriage.. Or else, like as always, DMG can remain out of top 100👏

And to the topic maker -- How could I put tht in a better way?⭐️ It's a FABULOUS post and AWESOME points dear!!😳Agree to each and everything⭐️

Thank you so much for the support! I wasn't sure how this topic would be received but I am pleasantly surprised! I am glad everyone is discussing this so peacefully and respectfully! I must say DMG sure does give us a lot to think about! 😆

~Cookies

Edited by Cookies01 - 14 years ago
uppaas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with you totally!!!! i am married I know what commitment is all about. >If we start to think like thses few imature girls becoz they cannot accept THEIR HERO TO  BE THE ONE TO LOSE THE GIRL!!!
They bash , abuse, criticize etc and more over they pretnend to Hate RIdz so..... much then y  do they want her FOR THEIR ARMAN>
I think the CVS have to get RID and SID together  . Sid is a good guy ridz has to give chance to HER MARRIAGE After all she tore her and Armans photo on her wedding day. She has to stick to her decision.
Sid is agreat guy very few Indian men wld give  their wives a chance to go back to their Ex. BELEIVE ME.
CV sld have SID AND RIDZ TOGETHER damn it!!!! they are married. It is not ajoke later  and later is she does not want 2 stay with SID fine!!!!
Moreover she had numerous problems with AMRAN when they were going around maybe thier marriage wld not last 2 months..It happens in life!!!!
Not_a_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Hey all, I'm a newbie here and have only started watching DMG recently due to the interesting conversations in the forum in recent times. But I think I've understood crux of the story. Though I'm sure its been to death many times over, I would like to state my own opinion. Personally, I would leave both Sid and Armaan. I couldn't be with a person who takes my decisions for me "for my own good" Cmon, if I'm ready to fall in love, I'm also ready to take my own decisions. I understand he did it so that she wouldn't be saddled with him, but arent they supposed to be doctors? Cant they "take a break", try geting treated, see how it goes. Though the sentiment is admirable, I would have despised it if my boyfriend abandoned me for any reason, especially if its for my own good. I can decide what's good for me, thank you very much. The worse part of it though was when he left her to die when she found him. He might have seen Sid and that she would be taken care of, but I would have made sure that she was good before taking off again. And Riddhima, whatever she's done with not trusting Armaan and all that, I have no idea. But I think she did love him to the best of her ability and when tried her best to find him and finally consumed poison, I think she "burnt it out of her system. I think everybody has a threshold, a limit to where you can push yourself. Once you cross that threshold, you know that you've done the best you can do and its time to move on. You just don't feel it with the same intensity and urgency once you blow of the steam. Maybe, her love was not as great as Armaan's, but we all love and live differently, and she loved Armaan the best way she knew.

Coming to Sid, I liked it when he stood by Riddhima in everything, agreed to marry her even though he knew she probably would never love him and he was destroying his life. I didn't like him so much when he abused her in front of his friends, but I could understand where he was coming from. He did soften as soon as he got the hint that their "relationship" was really a relationship to Riddhima also, not a burden. I also liked it when he gave Riddhima the chance and the right to make her own decision. He just went too far with it. The last mockery of his wife in front of the entire hospital and his friends was definitely not done. Why couldn't he have suggested that Riddhima take a few days off and think about everything instead of allowing the public circus with his mom as the ringmaster, him being a silent spectator?.

In the end, if I were in Riddhima's shoes, I would be pissed off with both the men in my life and get the hell out of Sanjeevani and start a new life someplace else. Afterall, it seems like these doctors just have to walk the corridors of a hospital to become a doctor. Seriously though, if I had to accept one man, it would be Siddhant. He stood by her when she needed him, and they are married, and they seemed to start having feelings for each other. Peace out,

SJ
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Lots of people have grown with this show
Actually it has grown from all angles and watching it from the past 2 1/2 years gives  various POV of various people which is interesting to read
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Agreed to all hehe who r in support of arranged marriage..

It's damn needed in today's India becoz there were less in fact least no. of divorces in days of Arranged marriage..

These days, full of love blossoming before the wedding and then within 6 months, shouting and all begin😳 ( in most cases not all )..

At least in case of Arranged marriage, the girl or boy doesn't get to say this eternal line 'U changed after our marriage.. U were not like ths before.."

🤣Kidding!
ROBlicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The only thing about ridz that is annoying me is she shouldn't even be thinking about another man. I mean after ewrything sid is doing how could you even feel like going back to someone who left u.

Where is the Pavitra Rishta??
Cookies01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramsha247

AMAZING Post!! You put it together very well!

Also to all people who are saying Riddhima has feelings for Armaan.. ofcourse she does.. she has loved him so much and perhaps still cares for him but why does she need to break her marriage?

Its not her fault she moved on and now her love is questioning her why she moved on?

Why should she break her marriage? What about the commitment and the decision she made of moving on! All will be gone only because her lover has return?!

Seriously there is no proper and valid reason why she should break her marriage with Sid.

And all who are saying that she had to fall in love with Sid since she had no choice so you will call it force love? There is a difference.. if Riddhima will fall for Sid... it will be truly from her heart.. you can't call those feelings fake which she had developed already a bit and was quite happy with them.

Marriage is not broken due to such minor reasons. The reasons given on this forum are ridiculous and childish...

Forgot that.. now people will promote Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna and extra marital affairs and divorces here..

Thank you for replying Ramsha! I had to stop myself from highlighting almost everything you've written 😆

But in short, I agree...there is no valid reason for her to break her marriage because SR relationship has what it takes to build a beautiful and happy future. And her feelings for Armaan are understandable...they will take time to fade and heal....but like I said, with Sid's love and support, she will heal because that is the beauty of love.

~Cookies

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: yattri

🤣 burning pics= moving on in life!
great theory!  only if it was tht easy

Yeah if it was that difficult to forget your first love then most of the marriages would've ended on a bitter note but that's least likely to happen. lol 🥱