Frequent Posters

Shineon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Edited by sdas5 - 14 years ago
Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Sheena: I am not coming hard on Vinay, he is growing up and becoming mature  and rational, I agree with that but his character was never sketched as that of an intelligent guy unlike Bindiya's who was sketched as an intelligent and highly wise woman which is why I feel that even after Vinay and Bindiya get together it would be logical to see Vinay only depending on Bindiya's intellectual inputs (i.e., "behind every successful man there is a woman" kind of scenario) than otherwise. Vinay's character's forte lies in being there for the people he loves and sticking up for them at all times whether it is his family  or his friends or Bindiya (in the future)....
Bazinga thumbnail
I was randomly going through the first DEA thread and I found some posts  by me, Caro and Nish from Vim-Poo's wedding track time, we were making fun of the whole Poonam marrying the tree fiasco and were also bashing the erstwhile thick-headed  Vinay  - it was a fun read LOL

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1300364?pn=136
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1300364?pn=137
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1300364?pn=138
smartc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@ Kavya: I am a hopeless romantic and when it comes to Vindiya, the longing intensifies even further. That's why I was hoping to see that flashback in future episodes but I know that the creatives are not dying to incorporate it there. I still had to say what was on my mind ;)

I understand that Vinay's character is flawed and once he changes for the better, he needs to turn to Bindiya to support her and all. However, like Sheena mentioned, I would "like to see" him grow in a way that he can be the supporting shield of Bindiya as well in the times of need. Just because one person is mature and sensible doesn't guarantee that all decisions taken by that particular person would be the correct ones. So I am hoping that in the days when Bindiya's not at her best, Vinay can be there by her side to support her. Sort of like when Bindiya is about to give up and jump, Vinay will be there to break her fall or vice versa. At the end of the day, both partners have to be there for one another and be each other's strength when one needs it :)
Edited by smartc - 14 years ago
smartc thumbnail

Originally posted by: sdas5

OMG - this is so very true for me. I have never heard any body else say this before I thought it is just me and how I feel. Curious to see how every body else feel about this statement.

@ Sheena: I've always believed in this and I've seen it first hand too. Yes, any girl would like to be treated like a princess herself but her family matters a lot too. But I'm with Kavya here that this one mostly applies to Indian girls because of the culture that we are brought up in. Whether other cultures agree with this thought or not is certainly debatable. However, in the context of this show and our forum, I can definitely vouch here that u wanna win the girl's heart, boys, be nice to her & her family!!

Cheers,
Sana~
Shineon thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartc

So I am hoping that in the days when Bindiya's not at her best, Vinay can be there by her side to support her. Sort of like when Bindiya is about to give up and jump, Vinay will be there to break her fall or vice versa. At the end of the day, both partners have to be there for one another and be each other's strength when one needs it :)

Loved how you articulated that 👏- taht's kind of what I wanted to say to Kavya. But you said it much better than I ever could. So sweeetly written. I went aaawwwwwwwwww just reading that.😳
Edited by smartc - 14 years ago
Bazinga thumbnail
@Sana: I think I am unable to explain my point clearly here- all I am saying is that Bindiya is the smarter and the wiser one of the two but there are traits of Vinay which Bindiya doesn't possess, for example Vinay can immediately take a decision and jump to conclusions which is necessary at times, that is something which Bindiya cannot do- for example, in PPW's case Bindiya kept thinking that PPW is in some trouble while Vinay correctly guessed that PPW was upto something. In such situation, Vinay definitely calls the shots over Bindiya and that goes with his character but there, Vinay did not display intelligence, he only showed good assessment based on what he has seen, Bindiya , on the other hand ALWAYS displayed intellect, for example she gave Vinay the idea to call up the goon's number when they were following PPW and when he tried to call PPW up but wasn't able to reach her as her phone was engaged- now that is intelligence. If you observe the scenarios I presented as an example, neither Vinay nor Bindiya was dominating the other in any department- there was a balance and both displayed their strengths WITHIN their character traits and the end result was for all to see...my point is just that Bindiya depending on Vinay for INTELLECTUAL inputs would not be reasonable just like Bindiya calling the shots in tricky and sensitive situations and taking a firm decision.... 
smartc thumbnail
@ Sheena: Thanxx a bunch but where's our lovely Kavya with her cross-examination? 🤓

How's work going @ Sheena? Busy day?

I truly want Vinay to become a better man out of this entire ordeal. Its easy when the picture is crystal clear in front of you and u just have to go on a single path that leads to directly to your destination. However, it is much difficult to improve yourself when there are several obstacles in the way and influences over you that incite u to deter from the way all the time. I find that Vimlesh/Bimlesh character is the wiser one because he somehow never got influenced and thought for himself in terms of analyzing what's right and what's wrong. Kudos to him for sticking up with his ideals, honesty & ethics. On the same note, Vinay is the youngest son and was spoiled a lot during childhood and grew up mostly in the company of Akhilesh (who himself was not a good man and used to do illegal things with his dad). Combine that with PPW's influence over Vinay, Vinay turned out this way because of all these influences and whenever he would try to do something right, he would have obstacles on his way. I remember when Bindiya's dad fell on the marble floor due to PPW's antics and Bindiya called out for Vinay, he didn't care for one second about his hatred for Bindiya and he rushed towards her but PPW grabbed his hand and later his cell-phone to subdue him. He's come a long way from that time. I just hope that his character shows more bravery and maturity now and understands what a gem of a wife he's got. I am sure that Bindiya will never forget all about his good deeds once she ponders over how he's been acting lately.

Cheers,
Sana~
smartc thumbnail
@ Kavya: No, I do understand your POV. I get that in your views, Bindiya is the more sensible & intellectual one. I actually do agree with that statement. Vinay is impulsive and irrational at times. Obviously, Bindiya is not that way. However, what I was trying to say is that I want to see these qualities in both of them as their relationship evolves. Nowhere it's written that one cannot achieve intellect or wisdom through time, life experiences, and good company. Bindiya's that good company for Vinay and with time and the life experiences he's gone through, I have hopes that he will start displaying the traits of INTELLECT as well. Life is a pathway of continuous learning and I am HOPING here that our Vinay will be able to display those traits of intellect when Bindiya is down one day and is unable to see the silver lining through the dark skies. As far as  Vinay is concerned, only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly :)
Shineon thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartc

@ Sheena: Thanxx a bunch but where's our lovely Kavya with her cross-examination? 🤓

How's work going @ Sheena? Busy day?

Always trust our night Bat Kavya on that. I love how she comes up with an angle that we totally miss to see.

My work - Mannnn I am having a day from hell. I feel a strong migraine coming up, actually it already started. I do get those on really tough days. But as you can see I am very excited about today's epi as well and am not able to keep myself from checking on posts here whenever I get a chance. Even though there is no Vindiya today I am really excited about Vinay-Prasad interaction today. I was really dying literally dying to see that. First thing I do today when I get home is jump on to youTube, cannot wait till epi airs today.