**Daily Episode Analysis Section #3**

smartc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Hi everyone,

In order to cut down on the repetitive and countless topics based on the episodes of the show, this topic has been created for your ease so that you can provide your analysis, thoughts, opinions, highlights, predictions, etc for the show's episodes/tracks, etc under one thread.

We are indeed very lucky to have a great success with this thread. We have already gone through 2 previous discussion threads earlier (#1 & #2) and are now embarking on our 3rd Daily Episode Analysis Section 👏👏 ~ This would not have been possible without the input & love of our lovely BVD family members. So a big THANK YOU to everyone for participating & reading the thoughts here 🤗 ~

All you need to do is post your thoughts about the episode over here. Do mention the date when the episode was aired.

No irrelevant chatting or bashing/attacking members/celebrities are allowed in this thread. Please also read the
Rules & Regulations of the BVD forum for further information.

Similarly, no spamming and long quoting of comments is allowed.

Please note that this topic does NOT accept show updates. Highlights are fine.

Please respect others & their views. We all have freedom of speech but that does not give us a license to hurt others' feelings via negative/bashful//hurtful comments.

Thanks.

Sana~ (BVD Dev Team)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shineon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sana ji - u there?

Did not mean to leave like that - drifted off with the plan to get back before  I am missed. Sorry dear.
smartc thumbnail
@ Sheena: Yes, I am here.. Working on some stuff but here :D Btw, the previous thread had to be closed because we successfully reached 150 pages. Whenever that happens, we have to start a new thread. So hope u didn't get confuse with all that.

So I posted a response to you in my earlier thread. Please do read it & come back to reply here ;) Mucho Gracias 👍🏼
Shineon thumbnail

@Sana – Well did get confused a teeny tiny bit but your post at the end helped. Your post to me was about today's BVD rt? I saw that.

So looks like more drama on Raja is coming. Well this week is better than any other for me not to be hooked into BVD too much. I am planning 2 days PTO Thursday and Friday, which means I have to work my butt off so I can be at ease and be assured that I am not holding any one while I am away. I have a huuuge chess event this weekend – a 4 day thing. My nephew is playing in that and hence they are flying in on Thursday, they will be here till Monday. So between them and the tourney I am going to be really busy.

Since the BVD team is keen on making boring episodes I want to give them some ideas on how they can drag this further and kill its entire fan's interest on the show. I think next they should focus on Raja's Boss's family issues for a month or so and then maybe move on to Papu Bhaiyya's family problems, they are all connected to the forced marriage through Raja so it should be justified. Maybe from there they can move over to Papu Bhaiya's and boss guy's inlaw's families. This way they can buy another 6 months of dragging. We can all go our peaceful way and forget all about this serial.

smartc thumbnail
@ Sheena: Yes, looks like this Raja thing might work out as a blessing in disguise for you but what about me and my hopeless, romantic heart that's craving to see Vindiya only??? I guess I'll have to tame my emotions and take things as they come. Gosh, Ms. Lucky is now going to have a long weekend. But then again, u'll be quite busy. I guess u won't be able to check in with us as much. So will definitely miss ya heapz 🤗

Wow, your nephew plays chess too? What a bunch of smarties in your family (MA) ~ Hope he fares really well 👍🏼

Lmao @ your suggestions for dragging the serial more. Lovely sarcasm there 👏 ~ But my problem is that I don't want to forget the show and I want it to do really well and for that, it is eminent to have the focus on Vindiya & Vindiya alone with PPW's antics going on along the side. I loved it when people say that this is probably the only show where the vamp has taken over the serial rather than the leads taking over. I love watching Vindiya's interactions and I am soo not looking forward to boring episodes now.... I wish the director was on FB. I would have so sent him an angry message about all this ordeal..😡

One more day of relaxation for me and it looks like that's going down the drain too with another boring episode..*sighs*
Edited by smartc - 14 years ago
Shineon thumbnail

@ Sana - definitely feel for you. Think about all the days we were sitting at work not able to see one of those beautiful Vindiya episodes and when you are home you get to see these boring ones.

Who knows Sana, they might show a beautiful Vindiya scene tomorrow. I really hope they do for you if not for any one else. You are such a faithful fan of this serial. I feel that this Raja story is somewhat going to be significant bcos if we look at the past every track has ended in bringing Vindiya one step closer (except chardham). But the point still remains why spend so much time on these tracks when you can still convey the message and the feelings smartly to your audience without boring them. Again it all need not be on Vindiya but just don't spend one whole episode on non Vindiya factors and then again today's episode was just camera rotations and stuff. That's not justifiable, why bore audience like that. That just shows you have no ideas you need these filler episodes with a room full of people and camera just moving and rotating from one to another.

Edited by sdas5 - 14 years ago
smartc thumbnail
@ Sheena: The only saving grace is the Friday's episode. I am still sooo excited about it! So glad that I had a day off that day 😛 ~

A beautiful Vindiya scene tomorrow? Ghee shakkar in your mouth, Sheena. I hope it happens *imagines & drools* ~ I sound like such a kid but seriously though, these two have it in them to make me and million others drool on them for their awesome on-screen chemistry 😍 ~

U know, if u watch other shows, the whole hatred track goes like what.. few months before the leads fall in love. Its always the same. But with BVD, expect the unexpected (& not in a good manner). Like the last week was nice because there was at least some flow to the story and of course, VIndiya were being focused upon as well. And viola.. This week, its back to square one. Yes, Raja track may have some influence too but I felt that its been unnecessarily being dragged over 2-3 episodes just like u mentioned to "fill the void for other tracks". But I hope that I am proven wrong and we do see a change in Vinay again. He was observing Raja and his words quite carefully today. I swear.. for a moment I thought that the whole truth of Bindiya's resistance towards her forced marriage will come out as well.. But guess the camera rotation and zooming and blah blah is going to continue tomorrow too. I am not going to keep my hopes up. I always get disappointed when I do that in reference to Vindiya... *sighs*

Now I feel like boarding the next plane to Mumbai and raiding on the sets to give a piece of my mind to the creative team. Its almost been a year and there's still no emotional connection in b/w the leads?? It's not fair at all!
Shineon thumbnail

@ Sana - Absolutely. I am coming with you to Mumbai😛.

It is almost like the CV's do not care. Well if you are in the business of creating any product your focus should be on your end consumer rt? The success of your Business lies in paying attention to the data from the consumer and tuning your product to the consumer needs. So here their consumers are us the viewers and their product is the show itself. I am really surprised that they are not paying attention to the audience needs, I am sure they are getting the same feed back from wherever they collect it, be it ratings or some other form of feedback. So seriously I do not understand how they keep going on creating these dumb void episodes which covers barely anything at all. How much time of an episode did you really need to cover what they covered today? So it is a bit frustrating that they are doing this.

I really appreciate the western shows, they respect their viewers and their POV so much. I think they are smart to know that their success lies in making the audience happy and giving them what they want. At the end of the day way before they run out of ideas they wrap up and walk out with their heads held high in the middle of top ratings and make the viewers miss them like hell. Well the point is you've earned fame and a good name. So when ever you are ready with your next idea to start a new show, they don't need any promo. We know if the creator of the show is so and so you are going to get quality, don't know when desi show makers start listening to their audience. 

I really don't have anything to say, so Happy New Thread! 🥳
smartc thumbnail
@ Sheena: I am just watching the episode again in better quality and I see the zooming & thunderous sounds, etc etc in full effect. I pity my eyes & ears today ~ 🤔

You're absolutely right. But the thing about Indian soaps is that rarely, any constructive approach from the English soaps is followed in them. The issue is not the lack of creativity but the fear of bringing out new ideas as they may or may not get accepted by the public. Its almost as if they don't want to focus on Vindiya because once that happens, they fear that audience will lose interest in them. This is so not true. We are not asking for love right away but we are asking them to create a bond based on trust & faith in b/w these too. Something that's not only emotional but also spiritual in some sense. They have so many things to tackle when it comes to Vindiya: Vinay needs to be shown as being regretful and he truly needs to reflect back on all the atrocities that he did on Bindiya; Then he needs to smarten up and make it up to her which in itself can be a great track (if handled properly).. Then we can have acceptance of one another leading to love/romance. And of course, PPW is there so she can create all the rifts and ripples for them but at the end, we can see Vindiya getting closer & stronger together. Moreover, it will be interesting to see the whole family side with PPW and Vinay supporting Bindiya all by herself if she/he were to find out the truth about PPW again. Although I have a feeling that this time, she's in it for the long haul so she won't be exposed for a loooooooooooong time!! Even then, she can try to ruin their happy marriage and still have no success at it. Even as a married couple, they never went on a honeymoon or had a vacation to themselves to understand one another more.. So many things are there that can easily take BVD team a year to get all sorted out but alas! We are stuck with Pappu Bhayya track for now...*sighs*

I am boarding the next plane if this continues like this. U coming with me, right? Good! I am making arrangements already for our boarding & lodging 😉

About western soaps, the ideology behind them and then the whole treatment of these shows is quite different than Indian soaps. Its like comparing apples to oranges. I don't want Indian soaps to mimic or copy what Western shows do but for heaven's sake, do not drag a soap just for the heck of it!! That's the worst thing they can do to drive viewers away.

Anyhow, I shall see tomorrow what transpires in the great Raja story. Let's hope that there is at least something to discuss tomorrow.