Javed Akhtar-A man of heart

4teen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
The moment I saw Javed Akhtar walking onto the stage along with other 'maha jury', it took me back to the FG days and I had an uneasy feeling of something untoward happening on the 'Pre-Finale' episode.
As Ismail said, Javed is one of the best lyricist in the country and has contributed to success of many a film with his heart-warming songs. He is also an excellent story writer..how can one forget Sholay.
Yet, when it comes to music, Javed is more influenced by the lyrics and feel of the song than the actual intricacies of the music.
I still remember, during FG days, he always kept picking on singers for immitating original voices and I was not surprised, yet surprised, that he picked on Shabad(hope I spelled the name right) trying to mimick Sukhi and I was surprised that he did not pick on Sharib, who actualy copied Sukhi from 'head-throat-to-toe' for the same song.
Will some one tell Javed, that even if a singer tries to copy the original singer, he still has to sing it from his own throat and he still needs to get it right in all ways(Sur n Taal) to make an impact. How could Javed give this young singer only a 6, I fail to understand...cutting 2-3 marks for mimicking isnt fair.

The final nail was driven by Javed in 'Shaan Strikers' coffine when he gave a 5 for the medley. Javed seems to have picked on Shaan a bit too much. A well concieved medley, with songs sung from different genre, a complete story unfurled within 5 mins, with a proper message, was a bit too much for Javed to digest.

Javed wanted to see a sob-singer like Rooprekha in Shaan's team, who cud win Javed's heart wid her 'clean-image' and sob-stories' rather than clean pure singing, even if it were contemporary songs.
Javed wanted to see a rebel-prankster in the form of Qazi who cudnt sing for nuts but who cud do any kinds of pranks to win Javed's heart. True, Qazi was Javed's pet coz he did have an original voice of his own and never sounded like any other established singer....where is Qazi's voice, btw😉

Javed showed that he is afterall a human being with a heart, which gets influenced by all other means, other than technicality of singing/music. He showed that he cannot displease Shankar, the composer-singer who composed music for his son and made him a Rock Singer, in the making...another original voice, at its best😆

Javed showed evidently that Shaan has got nothing to give Javed in any form, even at the cost of being rude to Shaan....he is after all just a singer.

Javed is a shrewed man, a true Capricornian, who has survived in the industry not only coz of his true talent but also due to his shrewdness....display of heart n mind, at its best!!👏

I am sure, Javed's undoing during pre-finale will be public's doing during the days between yesterday and 20th March, with thousnads of votes going Shaan's way, thanks to the big heart of Javed Akhtar.
Thanks Gajji for bringing on Javed as the 'Maha-Judge'😛

PS: much that I liked Shankar's first performance, it was a show of desperation by him to bring himself on...but one cant blame Shankar coz its only Shankar Vs Shaan-Harshit-Anwesha-Shahab-Debo

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Similar topic has already been opened
ktopden thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
to be honest and its my opinion and not  afact, i dont like javed akhar at all as a person.

his talent is writing lyrics and nothing much. the reason why many knows him now is cos he is out always  infront of cameras, fuctions and events .

lyricist SAMEER has given more hit lyrics then javed akhtar. SAMEERhas given countless hit lyrics all the way from ASHIQQUE, DIL HEKE MANTA NAHIN, SAAJAN with nadeem shravan and  many countless hits with Himesh.  SAMEER has worked with  top music directors.

so SAMEER even though being the greatest all time lyricist is not arrogant, doesn't go infront of camera but always shows his talent through writing hit lyrics.

JAVED is a decent lyrics but other than that he is nothing, arrogant and infront of cameras  everytime to make himself look as if he is a music director, singer, actor, director and producer and everything.

that's my opinion and i think i am right!!!!!!!!
laugh6666 thumbnail
I guess last nite Pre finale & my Comments as follows:-

1)  Javed akthar just wasn't rite on his judgements atall.

2) He just wanted his presence to be felt on the show

3  He is forgetting that he is just a writer/lyrcist and not a singer or   musician.

4 He was just taking undue advantage of his seniourity being an old man.

5) Other judges were not oposing him  only out of respect.

6)  In my view he shudn't hv been cald in the first place.

7)  Hope he is not present in the finals, & if yes, then not as a Judge.

8)  My suggestion to JA is that he shud restrict himself to wat is gud at ( I.E. Writing)

And Lastly i Guess, I have better ears than him as an artist/amatuer semi classical singer.

LITTLE ANGEL ANWESHA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

somone999 thumbnail
WOW you people are great than the whole industry yaar. Hands down.

Seriously, it is commendable to see people having the guts to call themselves greater than the legends. Next we will see people saying that they can sing better than Kishore Sir or Lata ji. Amazing...!!!!

No one wants to accept the verdict of the experienced man, Have some sportsmanship in you, learn to accept the facts rather than nagging about this thing or the other.

I would have never given such an open comment, but things have forced me to do so. His points were valid. Why can't people accept criticism especially from such a great man who has been a music crtic for so long. He has been there since the industry started. How can anyone deny his experience!! Have some respect!

He was not biased towards any team. He gave bad marks to both teams and gave relatively good marks to Shaan's team as well. Shankarji accepted the marks as they were, no complains no regrets. This humility should be in everyone of us. Shankar's medley touched him. He has every right to give his opinion as much as the other judges. Everyone is against him only because he gave less marks. O come on! Have a Stronger Heart in yourself. Learn to accept whatever comes in your way.

This is my opinion, which i am entitled to give. Thanks.
4teen12 thumbnail
^^
no body is disrespecting Javed Akhtar...we are only disrespecting his inconsistency in giving low marks on 2 occassions.
It was Sharib who mimicked Sukhi but that was conviniently ignored by Javed, for reasons known best to all. His reasoning to give just 5 to Shaan's medley was inexplicable...even Javed's justification was not convincing, while all other judges gave consistent scores.
Lalit, atleast had the guts to say that Javed shud hv reduced 1-2 marks if at all he felt that there was no impact in Shaan's medley or if the level of difficulty in their songs was less compared to Shankar's medley songs....

...but we all know how shrewed Javed is...he ensured that he wud give a 5 to bring down the total score for medley..he knew that for medley,  it is not the average but the total which counts. So, a 5 was a sure shot win for Shankar's team even if other judges gave a score of  8 to both teams. A difference of 3 is what was needed.

I wish Javed had shown some SPORTSMANSHIP, instead😉

We do not discount what Javed has done, even if we ignore a memebr's post here regarding SAMEER, who surely is as good as Javed but we do not accept his illogical scoring pattern and his weird justification/comments like mimickery , pronounciation and song selection...than God, there is no way that he can judge on punctuation in a song, or else he would even go in -ve marking😆
4teen12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ktopden

to be honest and its my opinion and not  afact, i dont like javed akhar at all as a person.

his talent is writing lyrics and nothing much. the reason why many knows him now is cos he is out always  infront of cameras, fuctions and events .

lyricist SAMEER has given more hit lyrics then javed akhtar. SAMEERhas given countless hit lyrics all the way from ASHIQQUE, DIL HEKE MANTA NAHIN, SAAJAN with nadeem shravan and  many countless hits with Himesh.  SAMEER has worked with  top music directors.

so SAMEER even though being the greatest all time lyricist is not arrogant, doesn't go infront of camera but always shows his talent through writing hit lyrics.

JAVED is a decent lyrics but other than that he is nothing, arrogant and infront of cameras  everytime to make himself look as if he is a music director, singer, actor, director and producer and everything.

that's my opinion and i think i am right!!!!!!!!

Yes, u r bang on...and well said!👏 Sameer and the likes of Prasun Joshi are more humble than Javed, when it comes to humility and awards. I still remember Javed saying that he likes winning awards even at this age and will not quit writing....no one asked him to!!

Its simple - Javed needs Shankar and not Shaan for his songs and son's movies.Also, old habits die hard😛

4teen12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: laugh6666

I guess last nite Pre finale & my Comments as follows:-

1)  Javed akthar just wasn't rite on his judgements atall.

2) He just wanted his presence to be felt on the show

3  He is forgetting that he is just a writer/lyrcist and not a singer or   musician.

4 He was just taking undue advantage of his seniourity being an old man.

5) Other judges were not oposing him  only out of respect.

6)  In my view he shudn't hv been cald in the first place.

7)  Hope he is not present in the finals, & if yes, then not as a Judge.

8)  My suggestion to JA is that he shud restrict himself to wat is gud at ( I.E. Writing)

9) And Lastly i Guess, I have better ears than him as an artist/amatuer semi classical singer.

10) LITTLE ANGEL ANWESHA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said!!
@ 3 - the problem is that he doesnt forget that he is just a writer/lyricist
@ 6 - I felt it was good that he was brought on...now public will vote more for Shaan, knowing that injustice has been done by Javed
@ 9 - without hearing you or knowing you, I am sure of it too😊
@ 10 - sure she does!!😃
somone999 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 4teen12

^^

no body is disrespecting Javed Akhtar...we are only disrespecting his inconsistency in giving low marks on 2 occassions.
It was Sharib who mimicked Sukhi but that was conviniently ignored by Javed, for reasons known best to all. His reasoning to give just 5 to Shaan's medley was inexplicable...even Javed's justification was not convincing, while all other judges gave consistent scores.
Lalit, atleast had the guts to say that Javed shud hv reduced 1-2 marks if at all he felt that there was no impact in Shaan's medley or if the level of difficulty in their songs was less compared to Shankar's medley songs....

...but we all know how shrewed Javed is...he ensured that he wud give a 5 to bring down the total score for medley..he knew that for medley,  it is not the average but the total which counts. So, a 5 was a sure shot win for Shankar's team even if other judges gave a score of  8 to both teams. A difference of 3 is what was needed.

I wish Javed had shown some SPORTSMANSHIP, instead😉

We do not discount what Javed has done, even if we ignore a memebr's post here regarding SAMEER, who surely is as good as Javed but we do not accept his illogical scoring pattern and his weird justification/comments like mimickery , pronounciation and song selection...than God, there is no way that he can judge on punctuation in a song, or else he would even go in -ve marking😆

It is your personal opinion. Javed Saab thought that he mimicked it then he must have done that. Sharib did not mimick Sukhwinder at all, he has such a different voice, you have not heard this voice from any other singer, his voice is unique in itself.

Javed Saab did not know the score of what the other captains were giving, how can you say that he supported Shankar. when he gave low marks to his team. Had he been in favour of him, he would have given the marks from start.

And frankly, Javed Saab is not a low-class biased person, he is not an upcoming lyricist who needs to butter up Shankar. He is way EXPERIENCED then me and you. You should have the guts to accept the negative critcism. Shankarji did not say a word against his marks, although they were too low.

It is just a matter of Respect for your elders and experienced people. You should value that. I have seen Javed Saab judging many shows. He has his own Point Of View just like you and i have. He had equal right to give as much marks as he wants.
There is no weird justification there dear. His points were valid, Shaan accepted that. They just said that he was being strict. Well, that is javed saab he is strict in matters of music. the other judges were there. so why do you beat around the bush for just Javed Saab! there marks combined created a balanced total. Even Shaan himself was not expecting a score more than 41 or 42, but these marks were above his expectation.

So, Learn something. Have A Heart To Accept The Verdict Of The Experienced Man.
navaneeta thumbnail
The good part was .. the marks were given so injusticely that Ismail darbar, Alka Yagnik (who never talks rubbish), Jatin Pandit ... all 3 of them contradicted Javed A's verdict and all three are well known in the Industry for knowing music ....

See calling Javed A was the biggest flop by Gajji ... he is very close to Shankar's family ... All Farhan Akhtar movies have Shankar Aisan Loy ... we all know ... so his open discrimination was well understood by all .... but the funny side was his comments ... Shadab copying Sukhi, whereas it was more of Sharib .. and Shadab's song was more unique than original ... but what to say there is now law in court to file FIR for this kind of criminal activities ... what he did was more than a petty theft of 5 ~ 10 rs ... but there we would put the theif in jail but here he would move around free .... what a shame ...

But he lost his respect for sure ....