Views

Users

Frequent Posters

4teen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: somone999

It is your personal opinion.

Yes, its my personal opinion aling with many other on this forum and on the 'maha jury' panel as well...so I am not aloneπŸ˜†

Javed Saab thought that he mimicked it then he must have done that.
Javed is not the 'God of Mimicry' that his word is the J(g)ospal truth

Sharib did not mimick Sukhwinder at all, he has such a different voice, you have not heard this voice from any other singer, his voice is unique in itself.
Sharib did copy Sukhi...listen to it again but Javed turned a deaf ear to it

Javed Saab did not know the score of what the other captains were giving, how can you say that he supported Shankar. when he gave low marks to his team. Had he been in favour of him, he would have given the marks from start.

Javed knew that the best other judges wud give is a 8 or 9 for the medely, so giving a 5 wud ensure that the three marks deficit wud be taken care of

And frankly, Javed Saab is not a low-class biased person, he is not an upcoming lyricist who needs to butter up Shankar. He is way EXPERIENCED then me and you. You should have the guts to accept the negative critcism. Shankarji did not say a word against his marks, although they were too low.

No one is saying that Javed is a low-class person...but yes, he is biased towards Shankar...and I gave the reasons for it. He is more experienced than me in writing songs and finding mistakes in a singer like pronounciation, mimicry, urdu diction and spellings of words..all traits other than MUSIC...no one is denying itπŸ˜‰..and as far as, Shankar is concerned, he was playing it cool, knowing that Javed is scoring low for Shaan's team.

It is just a matter of Respect for your elders and experienced people. You should value that. I have seen Javed Saab judging many shows. He has his own Point Of View just like you and i have. He had equal right to give as much marks as he wants.
Respect is commanded and not demanded..whatever respect Javed ever had, he has lost it...he had lost it in 2004-2005 and no it is sealed.Let him keep his POV wid him.
There is no weird justification there dear. His points were valid, Shaan accepted that.
Shaan had to accept the verdit but not us...we have reasons to voice our concern and we have reasons to ensure that Shaan gets enof votes to undo the injustice of Javed...thanks to Javed again.

They just said that he was being strict. Well, that is javed saab he is strict in matters of music.
No, not music but anything else other than music. He must actually be a permanent judge in Poetry competition.
 the other judges were there. so why do you beat around the bush for just Javed Saab! there marks combined created a balanced total. Even Shaan himself was not expecting a score more than 41 or 42, but these marks were above his expectation.
Shaan did not expect coz of Javed....but a justified scoring by other judges was undone by Javed alone.

So, Learn something. Have A Heart To Accept The Verdict Of The Experienced Man.
I dont learn wrong things from wrong people...and yes, we have accepted the verdict with a heavy heart n am sure people will ensure enof votes to see a biased verdit undone, on 20th instant

bambooshoot thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great posts broπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Missed your clever and witty commentsπŸ˜ƒ
4teen12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: navaneeta

The good part was .. the marks were given so injusticely that Ismail darbar, Alka Yagnik (who never talks rubbish), Jatin Pandit ... all 3 of them contradicted Javed A's verdict and all three are well known in the Industry for knowing music ....

See calling Javed A was the biggest flop by Gajji ... he is very close to Shankar's family ... All Farhan Akhtar movies have Shankar Aisan Loy ... we all know ... so his open discrimination was well understood by all .... but the funny side was his comments ... Shadab copying Sukhi, whereas it was more of Sharib .. and Shadab's song was more unique than original ... but what to say there is now law in court to file FIR for this kind of criminal activities ... what he did was more than a petty theft of 5 ~ 10 rs ... but there we would put the theif in jail but here he would move around free .... what a shame ...

But he lost his respect for sure ....

Its just not current movies for which Javed has written lyrics and Shankar composed music but the Javed-Shankar association goes back to when Shankar was just 3 years old.

Instead of writing it all, I am attaching a link below which says it all why Javed ensured that Shaan lost the pre-finale...
I wudnt say that Shaan has lost it.
Javed thinks that he has done a favor to Shankar by ensureing a 'one-mark' lead for Shankar but he is forgetting the 'Junta Power'.
For the first time, I feel that Junta will do justice in voting enof for Shaan to make him win the finale.

Here below is the link....
http://www.hindilyrix.com/singers/singer-shankar-mahadevan.html
4teen12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bambooshoot

Great posts broπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Missed your clever and witty commentsπŸ˜ƒ

No, seriously, I was so miffed wid Javed that I have lost all respect for him, as a judge on a music reality show,that I cudnt help putting in my thots here....he scratched the old wounds of Fame GurukulπŸ˜›
simi_1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 4teen12

True, Qazi was Javed's pet coz he did have an original voice of his own and never sounded like any other established singer....where is Qazi's voice, btwπŸ˜‰

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
ktopden thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 4teen12

The moment I saw Javed Akhtar walking onto the stage along with other 'maha jury', it took me back to the FG days and I had an uneasy feeling of something untoward happening on the 'Pre-Finale' episode.

As Ismail said, Javed is one of the best lyricist in the country and has contributed to success of many a film with his heart-warming songs. He is also an excellent story writer..how can one forget Sholay.
Yet, when it comes to music, Javed is more influenced by the lyrics and feel of the song than the actual intricacies of the music.
I still remember, during FG days, he always kept picking on singers for immitating original voices and I was not surprised, yet surprised, that he picked on Shabad(hope I spelled the name right) trying to mimick Sukhi and I was surprised that he did not pick on Sharib, who actualy copied Sukhi from 'head-throat-to-toe' for the same song.
Will some one tell Javed, that even if a singer tries to copy the original singer, he still has to sing it from his own throat and he still needs to get it right in all ways(Sur n Taal) to make an impact. How could Javed give this young singer only a 6, I fail to understand...cutting 2-3 marks for mimicking isnt fair.

The final nail was driven by Javed in 'Shaan Strikers' coffine when he gave a 5 for the medley. Javed seems to have picked on Shaan a bit too much. A well concieved medley, with songs sung from different genre, a complete story unfurled within 5 mins, with a proper message, was a bit too much for Javed to digest.

Javed wanted to see a sob-singer like Rooprekha in Shaan's team, who cud win Javed's heart wid her 'clean-image' and sob-stories' rather than clean pure singing, even if it were contemporary songs.
Javed wanted to see a rebel-prankster in the form of Qazi who cudnt sing for nuts but who cud do any kinds of pranks to win Javed's heart. True, Qazi was Javed's pet coz he did have an original voice of his own and never sounded like any other established singer....where is Qazi's voice, btwπŸ˜‰

Javed showed that he is afterall a human being with a heart, which gets influenced by all other means, other than technicality of singing/music. He showed that he cannot displease Shankar, the composer-singer who composed music for his son and made him a Rock Singer, in the making...another original voice, at its bestπŸ˜†

Javed showed evidently that Shaan has got nothing to give Javed in any form, even at the cost of being rude to Shaan....he is after all just a singer.

Javed is a shrewed man, a true Capricornian, who has survived in the industry not only coz of his true talent but also due to his shrewdness....display of heart n mind, at its best!!πŸ‘

I am sure, Javed's undoing during pre-finale will be public's doing during the days between yesterday and 20th March, with thousnads of votes going Shaan's way, thanks to the big heart of Javed Akhtar.
Thanks Gajji for bringing on Javed as the 'Maha-Judge'πŸ˜›

PS: much that I liked Shankar's first performance, it was a show of desperation by him to bring himself on...but one cant blame Shankar coz its only Shankar Vs Shaan-Harshit-Anwesha-Shahab-Debo

i am writing as an independent cos neither JAVED, NOR SHAAN, AND NOT SHANKAR ARE MY heros.

My FAV in music and singing is HR.

SHANKAR is more talented then SHAAN  cos he is a music director plus a very good singer.

SHAAN is one of the top singer.

I like SHAAN's voice quality more then SHANKAR's and I RARELY like SHANKAR'S song compositions.

his music is not working these days.

my choice in music is Himesh NO1 AND THEN PRITAM cos these 2 men knows the music that is working on 21 century and modern music lovers.

JAVED AKTER is what i dont like as a person, all i know is  he is a good lyricist but nothing else.

he is arrogant, infront of cameras, giving lecture as if he is multi talented like Himesh or very popular like SHARUKH.

he is just a lyricist, that is it.

i dont like anyone who is acting too smart when he  or she is not!!!!!!

if u r too smart  or too talented  in something spectecular than there is reason to act smart but JAVED is none.

infact, all time chartbuster hit lyricists like SAMEER and new hit lyricist like pRASSON JOSHI are not acting smart and not arrogant.

JAVED is lucky that his lyrics worked very well when Himesh composed the songs for NAMASTEY LONDON. but his other film lyrics are not working these days.

SAMEER has written more lyrics then JAVED AKTAR AND SAMEER has far too many hit lyricis with top musician like NADEEM SHRAVAN, and Himesh.

THAT IS A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!
apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: ktopden

i am writing as an independent cos neither JAVED, NOR SHAAN, AND NOT SHANKAR ARE MY heros.

My FAV in music and singing is HR.  GREAT CHOICE

SHANKAR is more talented then SHAAN  cos he is a music director plus a very good singer.

SHAAN is one of the top singer.

I like SHAAN's voice quality more then SHANKAR's and I RARELY like SHANKAR'S song compositions.

his music is not working these days.

my choice in music is Himesh NO1 AND THEN PRITAM cos these 2 men knows the music that is working on 21 century and modern music lovers.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

JAVED AKTER is what i dont like as a person, all i know is  he is a good lyricist but nothing else.

he is arrogant, infront of cameras, giving lecture as if he is multi talented like Himesh or very popular like SHARUKH.

he is just a lyricist, that is it.

i dont like anyone who is acting too smart when he  or she is not!!!!!!

if u r too smart  or too talented  in something spectecular than there is reason to act smart but JAVED is none.

infact, all time chartbuster hit lyricists like SAMEER and new hit lyricist like pRASSON JOSHI are not acting smart and not arrogant.

JAVED is lucky that his lyrics worked very well when Himesh composed the songs for NAMASTEY LONDON. but his other film lyrics are not working these days.

SAMEER has written more lyrics then JAVED AKTAR AND SAMEER has far too many hit lyricis with top musician like NADEEM SHRAVAN, and Himesh.🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

THAT IS A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Buddy:

When your HERO HIMESH used to run around in kids diapers, Javed Akhtar was busy writing super duper movies like Haathi Mere Saathi, Seeta Aur Geeta, Yaadon Ki Baraat, Zanjeer, Deewar, Sholay, Trishul, Don, Kaala Patthar, Dostana, Shaan, Shakti and Mr. India.  Therefore, please don't disrespect him.

Also please think before you speak.  Please don't compare the sadakchap class lyrics of Sameer with Javed Saab's lyrics. 

Although there is a long list of films where Javed Saab has given the lyrics, Javed saab is the lyricist of films like: 

1942-A love story

Laagaan

Silsila

Border

Tezaab

Kaal Ho Na Ho

Based on your naive comments on Javed Saab, it seems you need to know a little more about him.  Just click here:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javed_Akhtar

Edited by apparaohoare - 14 years ago
4teen12 thumbnail
here is the cut-paste from the link I posted earlier, in case people missed seeing it

Shankar's association with Javed Akhtar started incidentally, when he was just three. "The first song I played on harmonium was Chal Chal Chal Mere Haathi from Haathi Mere Saathi scripted by Javed Sahib". He did his first album Breathless with him and it was a success.Breathless is a good blend of the traditional and contemporary. The songs are based on classical ragas and also a lot of folk music from various parts of India. In spite of the age difference we have a chemistry that binds us. "It multiplied with Dil Chahta Hai.We are working together in Kuch Na Kaho and Lakshya", he says.

He sang breathless and everybody who listened to the song held their breath. Expectations were high form him. And Shankar Mahadevan did not let his fans down.The idea was javed Akhtar's which was put forth when they were finalising the details for the album. One day when Shankar met Javed, Javed handed him four fullscape sheets with the lyrics on them - almost like an essay. Ans then he had to compose it!! Keeping the music and tone constant and unwavering, he had to compose it without making it sound monotonous. He says he had to use thye melody within each word to create the composition.

Shankar's career is breathlessly jingling forward with pauses just to bask in new glories. Enjoying one such recess after Nine - his latest album with another busy bee Javed Akhtar, Shankar says, "a private album is an open canvas for us to paint the way we like it unlike films, where the director's wish and the demand of script is the prime consideration........

http://www.hindilyrix.com/singers/singer-shankar-mahadevan.html

I hv nothing else to say on why JA was so up-in-arms wid ShaanπŸ˜›
Edited by 4teen12 - 14 years ago
PIPC thumbnail
I have seen the episode finally and I am ready to write my lengthy posts πŸ˜‰....

Javed Akhtar's musical judgment is limited to original voice, Urdu alfaz, correct pronunciation and diction, and all those components that are essentially non-musical..

He committed two blatant act of favoritism and ruthlessness in this particular episode....
In the jugalbandi round, he gave Shadab a score of 'six' whereas Ismail Durbar gave him a 'ten'....

Of course, there is no need to tell who is superior in terms of music knowledge and nuances of music...Ismail Durbar is one MD who became a favorite of mine with his first movie 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam'.....His 'Hum dil de Chuke Sanam' and 'Devdas' scores surely come under top five movie scores for me.....

Javed A totally overlooked the surtaal part as always and started emphasising on originality and all that.
Thank God that he was not in the panel of judges where Shreya was singing in the SAREGAMA show..
Otherwise, she would have run the risk of being dismissed as a clone of Lataji...

After all, Javed Akhtar is listening to Farhan Akhtar's singing everyday...Singing in an original voice is important...Beech beech mein sur thikthak lage to woh sone pe suhaga hai...

Shaan was very right in questioning Javed A's marks...
Ismail Durbar pointed out rightly that he gave 10 marks to Shadab because of some harqat and murkiyans that he took that only a good singer can...

I read somewhere that Shankarji was so dignified that he didn't question the poor marks that Neeti got..
Well, Shankarji couldn't question Ismail Durbar for giving Neeti 'Five' because she went out of sur so many times....
I didn't expect a connoisseur of music like Shankarji to question the judgment when the singing itself was besura....

Shaan, kudos to you because you have the integrity and guts to stand up for what's right and just....

In the medley round, Javed A didn't know the marks that were given to Shaan and his team..But, he knew that it would be close to Shankar's marks only...Shaan was already leading by three points then..
So, Javed A gave a 'five' to ensure that the lead is neutralized and Shankar gets a lead..

There was no other valid reason.....Alkaji, Ismail ji and others gave a good score and were kinda shocked to see Javed A' marks... Lalit Pandit even became vocal and objected to that but, Javed A maintained that he had to show which medley was better through his marks...

Shaan knew that was going to happen and he told before that 'Shaan Strikers' team is gonna lose because of the critical assessment'...We all know who is being referred to as 'critical' here....

Javed A went to the extent of justifying his deed with a very rude phrase 'lowest common denominator' i,e ' a desperate attempt to entertain' coined just to lend some credibility to his horrible action...

Javed Saab, this is for you...Shaan's medley was not a desperate attempt to entertain, but your biased and partisan score sure was 'a desperate attempt to make sure that Shaan loses'.

You can't get away with injustice because yeh public hai yeh sab janti hai..

PIPC thumbnail

</div>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi Buddy:</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">When your HERO HIMESH used to run around in kids diapers, Javed Akhtar was busy writing super duper movies like Haathi Mere Saathi, Seeta Aur Geeta, Yaadon Ki Baraat, Zanjeer, Deewar, Sholay, Trishul, Don, Kaala Patthar, Dostana, Shaan, Shakti and Mr. India. Therefore, please don't disrespect him.</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Also please think before you speak. Please don't compare the sadakchap class lyrics of Sameer with Javed Saab's lyrics. </font>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Although there is a long list of films where Javed Saab has given the lyrics, Javed saab is the lyricist of films like: </font>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">1942-A love story</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Laagaan</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Silsila</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Border</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tezaab</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kaal Ho Na Ho</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Based on yournaive comments on Javed Saab, it seems you need to know a little more about him. Just click here: </font><font color="#800080" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javed_Akhtar</font>

<div>

How are you, Appaji? Long time no see....Hum sab bichhde huye purane papi wapas aaye hain MKMM forum mein...I see u whenever and wherever Vineet's name is mentioned.. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†..Abhi tak bhule nahin usse? Isi baat pe 'Lest Rack!' Remember this taqiya qalam of Challenge 2005 forum?πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Edited by PIPC - 14 years ago
Previous
1 2 3
Next
Javed Akhtar Thumbnail

Javed Akhtar