Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sofiaax thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago

Poonam Joshi returns to television with Kashi..

Poonam Joshi who was last seen in Saat Phere will be seen essaying a pivotal role in Imagine's Kashi..

Poonam Joshi who came to the limelight with Kahiin Toh Hoga will soon make a comeback to television with Imagine and Film Farm's Kashi – Ab Na Rahe Tera Kaagaz Kora.

The actress last essayed the role of Dr. Nishi in Zee TV's Saat Phere. Poonam will be seen playing Bua to the little Kashi, played by Jannat.

According to our source, "The Bua has not been living with the family for some reason. She does not have a strong bond with her brother Parbat Ram (played by Pankaj Jha). But Laxmi, the character essayed by Poonam shares a real close bond with Kashi. Poonam has a full-fledged role in the show, and will go on to support Kashi in her struggle to get educated".

When contacted, Poonam Joshi confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am part of Kashi. Mine is a very interesting character, and I play Bua to Kashi. I have never worked in a show which has a rural backdrop, and have never spoken with this kind of accent. But it is really challenging, and I am learning new things with this role".

Poonam Joshi's entry will be aired in the very first episode. Kashi launches on 8th March, and will be aired at 8 PM slot.

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

sofiaax thumbnail

Sai Deodhar who has been out of limelight will make a comeback with NDTV Imagine's Kasi...

Film Farm, the makers of Uttaran, the very successful show on COLORS are now coming up with a new show on NDTV Imagine, titled Kashi.

Kashi is the story of a little girl aged about five years who longs to study and work hard, but faces a hurdle in doing so, as she belongs to the lower caste. The story is set in the backdrop of Bihar.

Sai Deodhar who has been missing from television for the past couple of years makes a comeback with this show. The actress had been busy with a film, and was last seen on TV in Ek Ladki Anjaani Si with her husband Shakti Anand.

According to our source, "Sai Deodhar will play the mother of the five year old girl Kashi. She plays a sweet and demure mother who supports her child in all aspects. Even though she is bound by the laws of the society, she has her own mind and can speak out when needed".

Confirming the news, Sai Deodhar told Telly Buzz, "Yes, I was very sceptical when I took this role. The character I am playing requires me to have the typical Bihari dialect, which I have never played before. It feels great to be back on television. However, I can't divulge more information on the show".

The unit had their first outdoor shoot at Wahi, and have returned recently. The promo of the show is on air, and the show is expected to launch in March, after the culmination of Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jaayega.

We tried contacting Producer Pintoo Guha, and also sent him a text message, but he remained unavailable.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=6319

sofiaax thumbnail

Gulaal fame, Pankaj Jha in Imagine's Kashi..

Pankaj Jha, who has been seen in movies like Gulaal, Black Friday will play a principal character in NDTV Imagine's upcoming show, Kashi...

NDTV Imagine's upcoming show, Kashi – Ab Na Rahe Tera Kaagaz Kora, produced by Film Farm will see the debut of talented Bollywood actor Pankaj Jha, into television.

Pankaj Jha who has been part of movies like Matrubhoomi, Anwar, Black Friday, Gulaal etc will play a pivotal role in the show. The actor will also be seen in the upcoming Amitabh Bachchan thriller flick, Teen Patti.

According to our source, "Pankaj Jha plays the doting father of the little girl Kashi, who wants to study. Even though he supports his daughter's ambitions, he will have to face many challenges, as the entire village is against a girl child studying".

"His character name is Parbat Ram, and he happens to be one of the educated members in the village. He is a post man by profession, and helps the entire village to write and read their letters", informs our source.

When contacted, Pankaj Jha confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I make my debut in television with this Imagine show. I liked the character so much that I could not refuse it. I play the father of the girl, Kashi in the show".

As reported earlier, Sai Deodhar plays the mother of Kashi. Pankaj Jha and Sai play a couple in the show.

"The role of Kashi is played by the little girl Jannat, who was earlier seen in the NDTV Imagine show, Chand Ke Paar Chalo", informs our source.

Producer Pintoo Guha confirmed that Pankaj Jha is part of the show. He also confirmed that Jannat plays the little Kashi.

The show is expected to launch after Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jaayega's culmination.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=6335
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Imagine TV's 'Kashi', a show which puts light on education system that prevails in downtrodden villages where a lower class girl is not allowed to take education along with higher class folks. To show the location as a proper village, the locations chosen are barren open places without shade for the actors.

Speaking about the situation, an actor wishing anonymity says, "Audience feels that the actors are working in very pleasant place like villages, were the climate is enjoyable with cool winds, surrounded with green mountains but the reality is far away from what they get to see onscreen. The actors are getting frustrated because of the heat and harsh sunlight in which they have to work for hours."

"Due to the unbearable heat, the actors could not open their eyes and the dust particles are always ready to make an unwelcome entry in the eyes. To add to the discomfort sometimes the reflectors make our eyes water without glycerin. All this is not being seen on television is the biggest magic that happens (Laughs). Hope this summer goes away fast as the temperatures are increasing daily to its peak," signs off the actor.

Hope this summer fades soon and puts the smile back on Kashi's face!

-Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.sampurn.com/index.php?action=pg_view&id=2527&parentid=0

niveditha thumbnail
Kashi's fear of Tigers

Child artist Jannat aka Kashi of Imagine is super-scared of the striped species!

niveditha thumbnail
Imagine TV took a bold decision to launch two social shows during Indian Premier League. One is Jamunia while the other is a tale of a little scheduled caste child Kashi. The latter has impressed the critics but fallen victim to IPL

Post IPL, Kashi witnesses a high point with the entry of a parallel lead. Bijyanti, daughter of a rich landlord, will befriend the poor Kashi. So, begins this tale of friendship but don't fault the viewer if they find the plot similar to that of Uttaran. Coincidently, the two shows are produced by Film Farm India Pvt Ltd.

Bijyanti is played by debutant child actor Nethra Kapoor. Is Bijyanti's entry part of the original script or has she been drafted in to uplift the TRPs?

Despite repeated attempts, producer Pintoo Guha remained unavailable for comment.

A source closely associated with the show informs, "Bijyanti's character is very much part of the original script. Kashi will come into contact with this rich child. Unlike Uttaran, Kashi's sole aim is to seek education. That will never change. People will draw similarities between the two shows, but according to me both shows are different."

The viewers can judge themselves when Bijyanti make her debut in the coming week.

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/142-is-kashi-going-the-uttaran-way.html
niveditha thumbnail
Surprise! Kashi set to take a leap
Wednesday, 28 April 2010 19:05

In a move that will come as a surprise to its viewers, Kashi is all set to take a leap in the coming months. It's even more astonishing that the show had just introduced the parallel lead Bijyanti (Nethra Kapoor) recently and barely a day since her introduction, we're hearing that there will be a leap in this Imagine TV show.

"Unfortunately, the show's launch during IPL didn't yield the desired results. As a result, we're now going for the leap. The hunt for the new Kashi and Bijyanti has already begun. Hopefully, two new girls will be finalized in the next month. We'll be showing the kids for another month, thus, the leap will only come into effect later on," says a source.

An actor requesting anonymity says, "I haven't got any official intimation yet but have been the getting these feelers for some time. The tale of the kids was initially meant to last for at least a year, but, perhaps, the channel must have taken this call keeping their interests in mind. However, the leap will not happen immediately. It's only yesterday that Bijyanti made her debut. So, the kids will be seen for at least another month."

The word emanating from the production is different. "It is not a leap but a natural progression of the story. Jannat was initially contracted for 20 episodes but we stretched to 40. TRPs have got nothing to do with the change. Besides, Jannat and Nethra will be seen for further two months," said a source from the production.

Despite repeated attempts, both Jannat (Kashi) and Nethra remained unavailable for comment. Producer Pintoo Guha, too, didn't reply to our text message.

http://tellycafe.com/telly-news-gossips/surprise-kashi-set-to-take-a-leap
niveditha thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Report Card time for Television's Little Stars
Monday, 03 May 2010 16:22

They have won your hearts with their adorable style and innocent charm. They can put the most professional actors to shame with their unbelievable confidence level and with the most startling dialogue delivery. They may be more popular in our country than some world leaders, but in school, they have to play the same role as everyone else - students!

Yes, we are talking about the young talented stars ruling the small screens. Be it Ichha from Uttaran or Jagdish and Anandi from Balika Vadhu, these guys have managed to score a fan following that totally belies their age.

But how do these little pixies manage when it comes to scoring in the 'much dreaded' phenomenon called EXAMS? Let's have a look as TellyCafe examines their report cards…

Avika Gor (Anandi – Balika Vadhu): Score - 76%

My shoot timings are in accordance with my school schedule. So I go to school in the mornings and then report to the sets of Balika Vadhu in the afternoon, and since my school remains closed on Saturdays and Sundays, I try to finish major portions of the shoot in these two days. I also study when I get time in between my shots. I finish off with my homework during that time.

Ishita Panchal: (Tapasya - Uttaran): Score- 90%

Well, my studies are planned a day in advance and the questions which I'm supposed to study are charted out a day before. Earlier, when I was a part of a reality show, I did not have much trouble but daily soaps are a little more demanding when it comes to working hours, but, thankfully, I have been able to manage. My mom makes it a point that I don't miss out on my studies and brings me my homework from school in case I am working and have to miss school that day.

Avinash Mukherjee (Jagdish or Jaggiya – Balika Vadhu): Score : 60 %

I have different days allotted for each subject. I make it a point to complete at least one chapter in a day. My mother is an academic professional so she helps me out with Social Studies and Science, and then I also have my tuition teacher, who helps me with the remaining subjects. I'm thankful to my school authorities, especially Chairman Dr. Augustine. F. Pinto and Managing Director, Grace Pinto, for their immense support and co- operation.

Sparsh Khanchandani (Ichha - Uttaran): Score – A +
It's not a problem to manage my studies along with the shoots. Currently I'm doing Zara Nachke Dikha , so I have to go for the shoots on an average of one day every week. I have also managed to maintain my score pre- and post- Uttaran.

Jai Thakkar (Sethji – Laagi Tujhse Lagan):  Score – 70 %

I study at home as well as on the sets. I don't find it a problem to manage my shoots and my studies simultaneously. I love both equally and hence thoroughly enjoy them.

Jannat Ahmed (Kashi - Kashi): Score – 79%

I bring my work sheets to the sets and try to finish off with the homework between the shots. Also, I have a lot of support from the production house which arranges flexible working hours for me so I'm able to manage my studies with acting.

With the efforts these young stars put in their studies and career, it's no wonder the kind of work ethic they develop. We wish them all the luck in all their endeavours and hope they become good role models to all the young students out there.

-Rahat Khan / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/features-analysis/report-card-time-for-televisions-little-stars
niveditha thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Melanie Pais bags the role of Kashi post leap..

The grownup Kashi in the Imagine and Film Farm show will now be played by Melanie Pais, who was ...