Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: desigal90

Ok wow

Look at the number of winners. Ppl are cribbing coz saif won one outta like 20 spots?!?
Dude, haha, I thought he had unfairly jacked some category taht shoudl have gone to some other civilian in another field,but seeing as Ash adn Akki got it  last year, skr's gotten one,Aamir got one, why is it SOOOO unfair if saif gets rewarded after like 20 yrs in teh industry?

Saif is as undeserving as akki n ash as.these awards are for yr contribution to the field or bringing glory to india thru yr field of work ......all three have done neither ...sticking arnd somewhere for 20 yrs ...is that the merit for the award then so many others wud qualify for that before saif ..also srk has got probably for his immense boxoffice success and aamir well he got the padmashri bec his lagaan went to oscars and now probably he's getting for doing more socially relevant bb's.
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
yah Sunny Deol Deserves it much much more than Saif any day ... Dhamendra didnt get any yet.....So Unfair....Akki surely deserved more than saif whatever the contribution he has done for the cinema
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rdfan

Saif is as undeserving as akki n ash as.these awards are for yr contribution to the field or bringing glory to india thru yr field of work ......all three have done neither ...sticking arnd somewhere for 20 yrs ...is that the merit for the award then so many others wud qualify for that before saif ..also srk has got probably for his immense boxoffice success and aamir well he got the padmashri bec his lagaan went to oscars and now probably he's getting for doing more socially relevant bb's.

Not comparing saif to Aamir or Srk. They are in a league of their own. But definitely comparable to AKSHAY AND AISH.
And if that bolded statement is any criteria, then saif's Eklaviya went to the Oscars as well, lol
Point is, every year they reward someone from the industry. And outta ht elist of winners, he's just ONE spot outta like 40. LOOK at the list.
Based on seniority, Srk and Aamir have already gotten one. Akshay and Aish did as well.
Who did you think they shoudl have rewarded from the present generation? Shahid Kapur? I'm sure no one on this forum would have complained as much then. 😆

Saif has given great performances (omkara, Parineeta, Being Cyrus, Ek Haseena Thi, Kurbaan) PLUS he's balanced htem out wiht commercial success as well (KHNH, DCH, Salaam Namaste, Hum Tum, LAK, Race, etc).
His strenght in MY eyes (not comparing to Srk or aamir again), is that he  rose outta the ashes. Its very rare for a star to make his mark so many years after debut. Usually, ur either instnatly accepted or instantly rejected. Saif and Akshay are a few examplse of how your career can hit an ultimate low, and you feel like this person's gone and then come back after 9 years to make another mark.

Every year someone's gonna get rewarded. I was actually feeling bad coz I thought saif unfairly got some spot that rightfully belonged to someone else, but once I saw the ENTIRE list of winners, I just LAUGHED.
His name's like one in god knows how many names. And Padma Shri is the lowest outta the three civiilan awards wiht 6 to 7 ppl awarded in the ARTS category, Saif being merely ONE outta the SEVEN, in just PADMA SHri. Then then the other two higher awards have even more such names.

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

ANydays, Langda Tyagi Bahubali! 🥳

Edited by desigal90 - 14 years ago
LEO88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
am soo happy for saif .. des dont try nothing will change
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rdfan

Very very aptly put 👏😊
Lots of Padma Shris are awarded every year. I know someone personally who is a Padma Shri and he isn't really a celebrity of any kind. My problem really is that they are equating Saif's achievement in the present day with Rekha's after so many years. Does not seem right to me.

Ammu, the highest isn't Padma Vibhushan but Bharat Ratna. They haven't awarded that in a while.

Edit: This year there are 81 total award winners in the Padma Shri category. Out of which 20 were in the field of Arts which includes Films along with music, studio arts etc.
Edited by -bluemoon- - 14 years ago
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Saif is Non Comparable to SRK and Aamir but comparable to Akki
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Andd, there have been 2255 people who have received the award since 1954, the first upto 2009.

2255. Wow, thats alot.
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Congo Saif, Aamir, Rekha, Resul and all the others......

👏