Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hazelgirl thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
i know veemal....
angels and demons is also good but better than that is Deception Point by Dan Brown...that also reveals many facts but abt NASA ๐Ÿ˜›
tanushree thumbnail
its a great read! there is no smoke without fire so some things have to be true. Im sure that the version of Bible we read had been influenced by the politics of that time. it happens with almost all religious texts!

Angels & demons was written before Da vinci code
Delight thumbnail

The book is a pure winner. Cant say i belive it all, because it means changing the whole history of Christanity faith. But the book is really something to think about.

Its movie is releasing soon, I think in somewhere in April. Tom Hanks is playing the lead part. Will surely watch it.

Dont miss it... The book is just great and the movie will be just superb am sure of it.  

bollywoodfan thumbnail
I've read the book, and it is very interesting. But I dont belive its conspiracy theory. Why? Because of my faith. My faith states something else and so I believe that. Dan Brown wrote a marvelous book because its a new type of genre, but other than that, I dont believe its theory.
TiN24 thumbnail
There are many interesting topics and points that are brought up in the book but I personally found it hard to differentiate between fact and fiction. Its just that they make it so believable at first, but then when you go deep inside and go to the root of the issue, you find out its false. I could very easily believe that Jesus was married, maybe he didn't have a daughter, but he could have been married. But just like what bollywoodfan stated, in the Quran (our holy book) nowhere does it say that Jesus was married or had a daughter, therefore we (Muslims) don't belive it.

But now that I look at it, the picture of the Last Supper by Da Vinci DOES look like Mary Magdaline sitting on Jesus' right. The picture (that I think is supposed to be of St. John) really looks like a woman instead of a man. But then again, Da vinci purposely made people in his paintings to look not male nor female so its a hard judgement to make.

I don't know what to think, but I am really looking forward to seeing the movie. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Misfit_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
haven't read it. I read Angels and demons, though. good mix of fact and fiction, really gets you thinking...a lot of conspiracy theory stuff that I never bothered researching...
Majority thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
What Dan has written is all nonsense.

He has shrewdly thrown up some interesting, controversial and some may even say blasphemous hotch potch and strung it all up using some real powerful writing.

If you want your book to be a best seller, incite controversy. Salman Rushdie did it 20 years ago. Dan Brown is doing it now.
Traveller thumbnail
i read the book and it was one book i wont forget easily...it was unputdownable..and well now with the movie coming up the hypes going to start over again...well abt the facts..i too have heard that there is a lot of stuff that is not really true but then i really dont kno why and how these facts were contradicted...when i read the book i was pretty convinced and then when i discussed Christ being married and having a daughter.. with some of my catholic friends they said it was all rubbish and they said that dan brown just wanted to create controversy and make his book sell..so at the moment im not sure as to which parts to believe...i really would love to kno tho... Edited by Traveller - 18 years ago
Aparna_BD thumbnail
I've read all 3 books of Dan Brown so far and i am on his 4th book currently "Angels and Demons".

His other books :Perception point dealt a lot with NASA and was very fascinating and informative.Although some of the stuff about space, out of space creatures, marine life etc etc was a very heavy topic. But the plot was as thrilling as can be.
I prefered his Digital Fortress a little more over Perception point. As for "Da Vinci Code" i borrowed the book from the library to read it and loved it so much that i went ahead and bought myself a copy to keap!!

I am waiting for his movie with my fav actor, Tom Hanks!!!

MNMS thumbnail
Hey people ๐Ÿ˜ƒ .. i wish to have some suggestions from u all.

Many people including my friends, have read the book and recommend "The Da Vinci Code". Well im new in the Dan Brown genre, so should i read the da vinci code 1st or any of his other books? And plz can someone list all of his books and which book he wrote first. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Thanks in advance!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  (BTW the discussion is pretty informative๐Ÿ‘)Edited by MNMS - 18 years ago