Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: Mczee

Don't believe all the facts in Da Vinci's code but makes for a nice fiction read-good to read on a beach or aeroplane (dont take the books claims seriously though-they are mostly unfounded)

Agreed, I second that. It's a good read. In my opinion definitely belongs in the fiction category.

dare_dis_devil thumbnail
aahhh...the book cn definitely b termed as a modern day classic, yaa...

just luved reading it....

tis one of the best thrillers eva written....

dunno abt how true d things hez written r....n i dun' even care...cuz simply adore da book n methinks d way he has presented d things, the characters, the story n stff....it actually mkes ya blv everything brown writes.....

itz an amazin' book.... wil ctch up on sme mre of brown's wurk after mah board xamz....

smiles...

😊 😊
syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
the thing is dan brown has taken a lot of true facts and woven a story around it. now its left to the readers imagination and perception to decide what to believe as a true fact and what to accept as ficiton,and that is i think the reason why the book has tickled the imagination of so many readers.
Signora2 thumbnail
It is fiction and the writer has decribed the ancient pratices in detail that even to this day.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
I recently read the book . Firstly the book was awesome . Secondly the facts mentioned were mazing with all the proofs .

1) Paganism/ idol worshipers existed long before Christainity .
2) King Solomon encouraged Christainity and pushed down paganism because of his selfish motives
3)Christainity started out to be a female centric religon . But the men from the Church corrupted it , making the female species below a man .
4) About Christ - He was married to Mary Magdelene .She bore his child (a daughter)
People writing the Bible needed a man who is superior or wasn't like a regular person so they erased & omited facts while writing it down .
Mary Magdalene's name was smeared and she was wrongly accused of being a prostittute .

Many of these evidences are given through the old testament that isn't being used by Church anymore .
Also the proofs given in the paintings of Da Vinci did make you think about it .

Any Christians out there with any thoughts ??
mist thumbnail
I am not a Christain 😃 but I have read enough on the net and the documentary done by Discovery I think, thats convincing that Da Vinci code should be taken just as a thriller in the fiction genre.
In fact the documentary had an intervirew with Dan Brown and there where some intances where he named a few people as sources for his work. Now the very same people were interviewd again and they say that he has actually read too much into what they said/misinterpreted/extrapolated.

but I love the book. I don't give a dime if the whole book a fig og his imagination. I am a staunch believer of art for arts sake. (Hey maybe this could be another topic for debate.. )I loved the symbology and the complete arcane feel.

but I was disappointed when I read Angels and Demon after that. The book is almost a replica of DaVinciCode. (Or the other way round). Dan Brown came down a few notches on my creativity scale. 😒
Morgoth thumbnail
I think that the idea of Jesus being married does make sense if taken in a historical context.

Jesus was a Jew and 30 years old at the time of his crucifixion. At that point in time, he should have been married if you take into account the importance placed by Judaism on family and the idea of carrying on family lineage by producing heirs.

The Dead Sea Scrolls were found (relatively) recently, but even then, they do not give the entire story of Jesus.

The Da Vinci Code classifies as fiction still as these theories have never been verified.

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
yea...like mystica di(so wat if u changed ur id ur still mystica di for me and others) said jesus being married makes sense. i havnt read the book and i dont know a whole lot about christianity..lets wait 2 hear the views of sum1 hu knows more abt it
Aparna_BD thumbnail
My question is if it was all fiction then why did Church feel so insecure and told all Christians to boycott the book ?

The book wwas NOT blasphemous . It just made you think of deep in the history some different facts and alternative life of Jesus.

Also like Tanaz said , that Jesus was Jewish, and how was he not married in such a conservative religon ?
veemal thumbnail
Its a great book, very good, must read. If you get a chance read "angels and deamons" too.
FYI, They are making a movie of Da vinci code (Tom Hanks playing the lead).