Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam :Show Synopsis & Character Sketch

Posted: 14 years ago

Show Synopsis

This is the story of Abeer and Leher's love set against the background of caste politics and class differences. The story unfolds in the picturesque town of Lucknow where a Brahmin's son Abeer falls for a Kayasth's daughter Leher. The show tells the often heard though never-seen-before love story of people from different castes battling their own families and the society in order to unite. The story plays on the popular adage, 'Love is blind' but is also a scathing critique on our country's obsession with caste and class. Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam debuts on the channel on 28th December and will be telecast from Monday to Friday at 9 pm.

Characters Sketch in the second post below
About the Characters

Gaurav Khanna as Abeer Vajpayee

Gaurav Khanna vspace5

Gaurav is playing the Male lead of Abeer.He is the boy of today's generation with a carefree attitude..He comes from a conservative rich Brahmin family and falls in love with a Kayasth family's daughter Laher who lives in his neighbourhood.Gaurav was earlier seen in many hit shows like Kumkum and Mere Jeevan Saathi and is currently also doing Love ne mila di jodi.

Yami Gautam as Leher

Yami Gautam vspace5

She is playing the female lead of Leher lovingly called as Guddan by her family.She belongs from a conservative middle class Kayasth family but falls in love with a rich brahmin guy Abeer and is not afraid to confess her love in front of the society.She is determined and focussed in her life.Yami Gautam was earlier seen in Imagine's show Chaand ke paar chalo.

Aishwarya Narkar as Sudha Vajpayee(Abeer's mother)

Aishwarya Narkar vspace5

She plays the loving and caring mother of Abeer and the wife of Advocate Triyogi Narayan Vajpayee who is not willing to accept a Kayasth girl as her daughter-in-law just because she is afraid of the society.She is the daughter-in-law of a conservative brahmin family who is always at loggerhands with her mother-in-law but extremely scared of her husband.Aishwariya Narkar was earlier seen in Zee show Ghar ki Lakshmi Betiyaan.

Bhupendra Singh as Triyogi Narayan Vajpayee(Abeer's father) 

He is playing the strict father of Abeer who is a well known Advocate in Lucknow.He is very proud of being the richest upper caste Brahman in town and believes that his son's marriage will happen only to a girl who is in par with their caste and society.

Meenakshi Verma as Abeer's Dadi

She is playing the orthodox woman of yesteryears who is very much against inter-caste marriages and believes that every member of her family should marry in the same caste and society.She is playing the mother of Triyogi Narayan Vajpayee and the grandmom of Abeer Vajpayee.

Abeer's sister

She is playing Abeer's younger sister who is always immersed in her studies but loves her elder brother dearly..

Brij Bhushan Mathur(Leher's father)

He is playing the father of Leher and is a very chilled out man who treats his daughters like friends and loves his wife dearly.He is coming from a Kayasth family and believes in honesty.He is friendly in nature and kind hearted man.

Prachi Shah as Leher's moher

Prachi Shah vspace5

She is the loving mother of Leher.She is the daughter-in-law of a conservative Kayasth family and cannot imagine to see her daughter married to a Brahman boy.She is lovingly called Dulhan by her husband.Prachi is well known for her roles in many serials like Kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi and Kayamath

Parul Gulati as Bittan(Leher's younger sister)

Parul is playing the role of our lead Protagonist Leher's younger sister Bittan.She is a bubbly girl in nature and is a real helping hand of her elder sister.She often tries to be a peacemaker between Leher and Abeer.

Kul Bhushan Mathur(Leher's Chacha)

He is playing the younger brother of Brij Bhushan Mathur and Leher's Chachaji.He is looking after their old family house in Lucknow over the years even though the house is in his big brother Brij's name.All of a sudden after Brij and his famiy gets transferred to Lucknow,Kul starts getting a bit insecure even though he never showed his insecurity directly to his brother.He doesn't like the fact that his elder brother keeps spending money on unimportant occasions.

Indu Verma  as Leher's Chachi

Indu Verma vspace5

She will play the chachi of the main protagonist Leher Vajpayee.Leher's father gets transferred to the city of Lucknow and so her full family comes to stay in Leher's chacha-chachi's house.Leher's chachi is very protective about Leher and her younger sisters and keeps telling them to stay away from the town boys.

Puneet Tejwani as Madhav Shukla

Puneet Tejwani

Puneet is playing the best friend of our male lead protagonist Abeer and his name is Madhav in the show.He comes from a upper caste Brahman Family but is about to get married to a Bengali girl Rashmi against his family's wish.He and his family are staying at Abeer's house where the marriage is suppose to happen.Even though Madhav's family is not happy with the marriage but they have given thier node to the couple for the sake of their son's happiness.He is playing a small cameo in the show to kickstart the love story of Abeer-Leher.

Nupur Alankaar as Shuklaain(Madhav's mother)Nupur Alankaar

She is playing the proud mother of Madhav who is not at all happy that her son is about to get married to a Bengali girl and not someone from their caste.So with the help of Abeer's Dadi she tries her best to break this marriage by humiliating Rashmi's parents time and again.

Rakhi Verma as Rashmi Majumdaar

Rashmi is the love interest of Madhav.She has come with her family all the way from Kolkata for her marriage with Madhav and is staying at Leher's house.Because of the caste/religion/language difference between her and Madhav's family,she and her family had to go through lots of humiliation from Madhav's parents.But adhav always stands in Rashmi's support.She is playing a small cameo in the show to kickstart the love story of Abeer-Leher.

I will update other characters as well when the show starts from today😳
Edited by jyoti06 - 14 years ago
Thanks for this Jyots!!! It is very helpful 🤗
Jyots ... we meet again!! 😃 Remember me .. yah bhool gayi?  Just kidding .. How have you been?? 😳 

Thanks for this wonderful post ðŸ˜Š Its great to have a thread about the characters of the show .. will make it easier to know who is who.  I'm glad that Prachi Shah is also in the show .. I really like her! 😳 
@Ekss:U really think my memory is that weak to forget u so easily kya😭😉..of course I remember all our besharmi kumkum days🤗😆..really had fun working with u and Anku..wish those days can come back again😭😳..

Ya  I m happy to see Prachi in action too..she is a very good actress and I loved her intro that they show in the promo..it shows she is so concerned about her daughter😳..I m mainly watching it for Gaurav and Prachi only..after Jeevan saathi was ended I was missing Gaurav..watched him here and there as Prithvi in LNMDJ but then star one went off from my cable😡..so now finally can watch him regularly in this show..he still remains the sharman of Kumkum for me😆😳..I m sure he will do justice as Abeer now😊
Edited by jyoti06 - 14 years ago
Originally posted by jyoti06

@Ekss:U really think my memory is that weak to forget u so easily kya😭😉..of course I remember all our besharmi kumkum days🤗😆..really had fun working with u and Anku..wish those days can come back again😭😳..

Ya  I m happy to see Prachi in action too..she is a very good actress and I loved her intro that they show in the promo..it shows she is so concerned about her daughter😳..I m mainly watching it for Gaurav and Prachi only..after Jeevan saathi was ended I was missing Gaurav..watched him here and there as Prithvi in LNMDJ but then star one went off from my cable😡..so now finally can watch him regularly in this show..he still remains the sharman of Kumkum for me😆😳..I m sure he will do justice as Abeer now😊

Hahahaha @ our besharmi Kumkum days!! Sooo true! Seriously .. who can forget that!! 😳 

Yup .. I think Prachi is an awesome actress .. and I had no clue she is in the show, until I read your post. Now it gives me more reason to watch the show. Unfortunately, I don't get Colors .. so I wil have to catch up on the shows on Youtube  Just like I do LNMDJ .. as I don't get Star One either! 😭  But then .. Youtube Zindabad! I just hope the episodes get uploaded on a regular basis .. so that I can be a part of the happenings in the forum too.

I'm sure Gaurav will do full justice to Abeer .. I actually feel Abeer is an extension of Sharman. In Kumkum it was his love story with is parents ... in YPNHK, its with a girl! 😆 The only contrasting role he's done so far is as Prithvi in LNMDJ 😊 
Hey thnaks  alot for this
hey thanks a lot for this
its was really helpful
Friends I updated the character sketch thread now..but can anyone tell me the name of the actors playing Abeer's dad and dadi's role😳
Wonderful Post Jyothi🤗