1980s top actress Padmini Kolhapure returnstofilms

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
1980s top actress Padmini Kolhapure returns to Hindi films

Padmini Kolhapure returns to the silver screen, after a sabbatical. The actress, who reigned supreme in the 1980s, returns to Hindi films with BOLO RAAM, which co-stars Naseeruddin Shah and Om Puri in stellar roles, besides introducing a new talent - new-find Rishi Bhutani. In fact, Padmini and Naseer were last seen together in the immensely likable WOH 7 DIN more than two decades ago.

"But we don't have scenes together in BOLO RAAM," Padmini clarifies, "We feature in separate portions of the film." However, Padmini did star in some significant Marathi films in the intervening period. "The roles appealed to me, that's why I took them up. I didn't feel like accepting anything and everything that came my way in Hindi films. I wanted to accept roles that I could relate to. I took up BOLO RAAM because the story really excited me," the talented actress states.

BOLO RAAM throws light on the mother-son relationship, portrayed by Padmini and Rishi Bhutani. How was it facing giants like Naseer, Om and Padmini? "Sure, I was intimidated by them, but I was well prepared for the role. I had prepared so well beforehand that I didn't feel nervous when I shot those scenes," Rishi states. BOLO RAAM releases on December 31 (2009).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
wasnt she the oone who ate poison for prince charles or tony blair?