Users

Frequent Posters

114268 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Pyaar Ho Jaane Do, says Tina Parakh
   By: Tushar Joshi
   September 29, 2005

Tina Parakh
Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii's Shruti (Tina Parakh) will now be seen in Pakistan — on the small screen. Parakh recently shot for a show in Dubai to air on Geo TV, in Pakistan. Titled Pyaar Ho Jaane Do, the serial is already on air and Tina has completed shooting for the entire schedule.

Grey shades

Describing her role in the serial, Tina says, "I play Mahira Khan, a singer who has shades of grey. It's my first crossover and will appear once a week on the channel. I found the story really interesting and the characterisation of Mahira struck a chord with me."

When asked to describe her look, she says, "I play today's girl, so the outfits are very contemporary and western. Mahira isn't exactly a rebel, but has a mind of her own and does what she feels like.

She is highly ambitious and will go to any extent to get her things done. As Shruti, I have already established myself so it was challenging to play a character with different shades." 

Gaate raho!

Sounding very excited about the music and the songs in the show, the actress gushes, "I play a singer and lip-synced some really lovely numbers.  The songs are melodic and I keep singing them in my head."

About her pet show, Kahaani she says, "I will be providing support to my mother Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) in these troubled times. Especially with Mohnish Behl's entry (as Suyaash Mehra), things will take an interesting turn."

Ask her about personal life and she says jokingly, "My life has becoming very boring I think. I will have to do something fun really soon."

[email protected]

Other actresses who crossed over

Besides Tina Parakh the following actresses have also appeared on Pakistan tv

1. Juhi Parmar
2. Amna Shariff
3. Divya Dutta
4. Nausheen Ali Sardar

114268 thumbnail
Om's bidai from Kahaani parivaar
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   August 12, 2005

Kiran Karmarkar
The Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki 1000th episode bash at Vie Lounge was low-key, compared to the dhoom-dhaam of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi's milestone celebrations.

Death scene

After the cake was cut and the traditional Kahaani lamp lit, presiding guest of honour Jeetendra and the Kahaani gang, including Ekta Kapoor, took to the dance floor. 

Except for Kiran Karmarkar, who had shot for his death scene the previous day.

Om Shanti Om

"It's a mixed feeling. I am sad about quitting as Om, but glad that it's literally Om Shanti Om for me. I am taking a six-month sabbatical from serials. After playing Om for five years, I guess I deserve a vacation. For now, I will be acting only in plays and movies," says Karmarkar, clad in a jacket, just like the Big B's on KBC.

Parvati's tearful goodbye

Kiran hugged all his Kahaani co-stars. Sakshi "Parvati" Tanwar said in a choked voice, "He'll make his presence felt in spirit."

This time, Shweta Kawatra (former Pallavi) was invited (she was missing last time) but the new Pallavi, Achint Kaur, was missing.

Ali Hassan came wearing a snazzy T-shirt. It was Shabbir Ahluwalia's birthday, and Ekta fondly wished Shabs a very happy janamdin.

114268 thumbnail
Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii will wear either an electric magenta chiffon saree with a heavy brocade choli, or something Indo-Western in black with heavy embroidery.
114268 thumbnail
The bahus come calling on Karan
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   April 8, 2005

Smriti Z Irani and Sakshi Tanwar with Karan Johar
Two of television's biggest stars, Tulsi Virani (Smriti Malhotra Irani) and Parvati Agarwal (Sakshi Tanwar) hold court on Koffee with Karan tonight.

Karan: The world knows you as Tulsi, but today, I am going to find out the inner world of Tulsi. So how does it feel?

Smriti: It's quiet a chaotic life trying to juggle between too many things.  But then I have always believed that you have one life and I want to live my life to the fullest.

Karan: Ekta tells me her entire team was against casting you and it was only Ekta who supported the decision.

Smriti: Because I walked into her office in jeans and T-shirt and a jhola and chashma and kitaab. She just looked at me and said fine. That's all I heard from her. I thought that was the weirdest meeting.

Karan: Ekta has created icons out of the both of you, Tulsi and Parvati, and every woman in India wants to emulate you. How do you react to that euphoria?

Sakshi: I would say that a lot of credibility and responsibility have been attached to both of us because of the characters we are portraying, but to tell you very honestly, when this character was offered to me I didn't identify with it at all.

Karan: You play the same role everyday do you get fed up?

Sakshi: Fortunately, Karan, I am a very switch on-switch off performer, so I leave Parvati Agarwal in the Agarwal house after pack up and Sakshi goes home happily satisfied with her day's work. As far as being fed up is concerned, no I am not and for me it is like an exercise to make the scenes more interesting. It is a challenge.

Karan: And Ekta keeps it exciting killing the characters and bringing in new ones.

Smriti: You are getting me into trouble again! Once I told Ekta this is too much, how can I keep crying all the time? And she said, "You have to cry as my TRPs go up when you suffer!"

Karan: Oh god! The more you suffer the more people like to watch your show?

Smriti: What is wonderful about it is we have managed to connect with every household as a family. It's not just another show people watch.

This is a character that people relate to. I remember when the whole period when Mihir died and I was newly married with my chudas, and people used to hug me and cry and I had to tell them that I got newly married and the husband died in the show.

Karan: You want to play the lead role because you are used to it. So it's like coming into mainstream movies and getting lesser roles would bother the both of you I am sure.

Sakshi: Not me at least.

114268 thumbnail
Sasha to bump off Parvati
   By: Upala KBR
   January 17, 2005

Sasha (Chetan Hansraj)
ON HER WAY OUT? Sakshi Tanwar
Over the next couple of weeks, Ekta Kapoor's Kahanii Ghar Ghar Ki (on Star Plus) will undergo a dramatic turn.

Parvati Agarwal (Sakshi Tanwar), the chief protagonist in the serial who has taken up a crusade against the villains, will die in a bomb blast engineered by Sasha (Chetan Hansraj).

Thereafter, Sasha will go through a radical transformation and get his comeuppance. And then disappear from the scene later.

"As you sow, so you shall reap. Sasha will discover that to the fullest," says Sandip Sikcand, creative head of Kahanii Ghar Ghar Ki (and K Street Pali Hill, Kayamat and Koi Dil Mein Hai).

"Sasha faces the biggest defeat of his life in today's episode. What he had done to Krishna will now happen to him. He's the smartest, wittiest and the most powerful of them all.

He can't take defeat. In the process, he comes close to Monica (Suvarchala Narayanan) and falls in love with her eventually. She is his biggest support system and an emotional anchor."

Adds Hansraj, "Today's episode features me (Sasha) running to the court to prevent the transfer of properties in the Agarwal name. I run to the court to prevent the documents from being stamped but before reaching my destination I hurt my leg."

"Parvati's death is the high point this week. Sasha can't handle the defeat, so he plans revenge on Parvati and engineers a bomb blast to bump her off.

He goes crazy in his thirst for power and wealth. The key players in this scenario are Parvati, Sasha and Monica," says Sikcand. "Avantika dies and so does another character.

This brings about a great change in Sasha. He understands the full impact of his deeds now. He has dug his own grave, which ultimately mentally destroys him."

"I go mad and end up in a mental asylum," states Hansraj. The popular, tawny-eyed actor will now take off on a 45-day break to the UK.

"I will be acting in Assantearron Productions' serial, loveforever.com and a film from the same house, Meet Mrs Clooney. I will return and join Kkusum (his other show on Sony) again."

Isn't he upset about leaving Kahanii Ghar Ghar Ki? He says, "I had tears in my eyes the day I learnt I was leaving the show. I will miss it terribly because this show got me an amazing response from the audience.

People came to love Sasha despite his evilness. It's been amazing playing the character."

Was Sasha better than the role he enacts in Kkusum? "Any day," is his prompt reply.

114268 thumbnail
Birthday breaks for Monalika and Parvati

Party time: Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) and Monalika (Manasi Verma)
Thank God, my birthday was celebrated during the lunch break on the sets and not after pack-up.

So, nobody dared to swipe the cake-icing on my face because there was a dramatic scene to be picturised soon after," laughs Manasi 'Monalika' Verma, who celebrated her special day with  her Kahaanii Ghar Ghar Ki co-stars and crew.

Incidentally, Manasi has turned down a tempting offer to play a sultry vamp in Ye Meri Life Hai (Sony).

"No, I was not acting pricey but Ye Meri… is also being telecast in the same slot as Kahaani... and I don't wish to act in serials whose time-slots clash," justifies Verma. 

Hardly had Manasi's birthday pastries been digested, it was time for Sakshi 'Parvati' Tanwar's janamdin the very next day. But hold-your-breath — nobody celebrated it as she just put in a brief appearance on the sets and vanished... "That's because I was not required for the shoot except for a brief scene on that day.

It was an ideal birthday-break for me to chill out. And since my dad had specially come down to the city for this occasion, I spent the day with him. Later, I went to the Siddhivinayak temple to seek blessings.

But the very next day we had a boisterous belated cake-cutting celebration on the sets of Kahaani... with my entire Kahaanii... biradari," disclosed Tanwar.

114268 thumbnail
Monica is Sasha's darling in Kahaani
   By: Tushar Joshi
   January 10, 2005

STAR APPEAL: Chetan Hansraj
Timely entry: Suvarchala Narayanan
Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Star Plus) is set to turn the heat on viewers with the entrance of Sasha's (Chetan Hansraj) girlfriend Monica, played by Suvarchala Narayanan.

The current track, which sees Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) seek revenge from Sasha and his family for all the wrongdoings on her family, is set to get a boost with Monica's entry.

Narayanan, whose resume boasts of working for theatre with Makarand Deshpande (Seema Badnam Hai), Satyadev Dubey, and a sparkling cameo role in a Hollywood movie — One Night With Kings opposite Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif — is highly excited about her debut on the small screen.

"I have been doing theatre from the age of six, and that has always been my first preference. I never wanted to a big or a lead role on television, but when I was offered the role of Monica it got me interested. They wanted a girl who could match Sasha's screen presence, and I thought I complimented him beautifully," says Narayanan.

Monica is introduced to Sasha at Aryan's engagement, and Sasha is immediately attracted to her. Admitting there was a challenge matching Sasha's screen persona, she says, "If Sasha is a baddie then Monica is an angel. She stands up to him in her own way."

With the focus momentarily turning to the chemistry between Monica and Sasha, will the family drama turn into a sizzler?

"There is definitely something brewing between the two, I would call it kindling romance. But I can't reveal anything more", adds Narayanan.

Recalling her first day of shoot for the small screen, Narayanan exclaims, "The show has a huge cast and I got a really warm welcome from them. Shooting for a television soap is completely opposite to theatre where the results are out in an instant."

114268 thumbnail
Aryan's volte-face
   By: Upala KBR
   September 6, 2004
Before And After: Ali Hassan's look
as Aryan in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
Parvati's son-in-law and Shruti's husband, Aryan, in the Balaji soap Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii will soon be seen in a completely different image and appearance in the serial.

Not only this, Ekta Kapoor, reveals that good boy Aryan (played by Ali Hassan) who has been the perfect son (even if he has been the imperfect husband), will turn negative this week.

"Yes, it is true that Aryan is turning negative now. Ali's look and attitude will undergo a change. He will join the negative gang," confirms Kapoor. But she is not willing to divulge further details on his evilness.

Talking about his image change Hassan reveals, "Ekta expressed her desire that I should change my curly locks for a straight hair look. This was always considered part of the story, it's just that Ekta has given the green signal for the change this week. I have already milked the cow as far as the curly look is concerned (has been growing it over the last year) and it's been difficult maintaining it."

He seems quite excited about his new look as people are looking at him and exclaiming, "Oh! My God! That's Aryan…" and adds, "It's almost like a rebirth."

As far as his turning negative is concerned he is not willing to talk much. He says reluctantly, "There are black and white shades to everyone's personality.

"Till now you have seen Aryan as white now you will see him as black. It's all about getting up and grabbing at something that I feel is rightfully mine. If you see from my perspective maybe I could be right," Hassan grins.  

Last week the story had ended with Shruti filing a police complaint against Aryan but then taking it back after she realises he has not done any wrong.

Trust Kapoor to put another twist to the kahani of the long-running soap on Star Plus.
114268 thumbnail

Missing In Action:
Ali Hassan

Kahan gaya woh Hassan?

If you are a follower of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, you must remember Ali Hassan. He had a prominent role as Aryan in the serial. But then he went missing. A little snooping revealed that he is not out of the serial, he's just away.

One phone call, and we found out that the actor was chilling out in Hyderabad. "My track is not happening at the moment and I am making the most of it by holidaying. But I'll be back... in KGGK and a new Balaji show as well," he stated. We'll wait, Hassan.

114268 thumbnail
Aamir's a good Samaritan
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   November 7, 2005

Aamir Ali
Actor Aamir Ali may have been branded a ladies' man but little did you know that he's popular among his pooch friends as well. A Lokhandwala resident, the actor can be spotted feeding stray dogs biscuits and milk at Juhu Circle and Lokhandwala market.

When we quiz him on his compassionate streak, Aamir was reluctant to speak out. After much coaxing, he says, "I'm not an ardent animal lover. It's just that I feel each of us is capable of helping someone in distress; be it stray animals, beggars or lepers, I just give them some food."

Driven by instincts

A gesture that can be traced back to his college days has taken the shape of a rigorous practice over the years for this 27-year-old. Says Ali, "You don't need to be a part of an animal welfare organisation to get active. It has to come out of your own consciousness."

Every morning, before leaving for his shoot, the actor checks the food bag comprising biscuits, bread and milk packets that he carries with himself. Adds Ali, "I don't want to be perceived as a good Samaritan. I'm not making a statement either; I simply follow my instincts."

Street urchins refuse food

Talking about his experiences the actor tells us that street urchins and beggars have often thrown the food on his face, asking for money instead. Says Ali, "It's a common sight today — you have these toddlers knocking on your window at traffic signals. I prefer giving them food.

They have thrown away the biscuits, saying they only want money." Adds a close friend of the actor, "I don't know what pleasure he derives out of this. I just can't see myself getting yelled at by a beggar because I've given him food to eat. But I do appreciate the urge and willingness in him to make a difference to a life."

[email protected]

Sarabhai's new guest

Aamir Ali makes a special appearance in Sarabhai vs Sarabhai today as Patang Kumar, a reigning television soap star.

A soap freak, Monisha (Rupali Ganguly) wins a contest organised by popular show Uska Pati Sirf Mera Hai and gets to invite Patang at Kumar home. Monisha goes into a cleaning and cooking frenzy before the arrival of her favourite actor.

While she's going gaga over Kumar, husband Sahil (Sumeet Raghavan) gets envious and starts doubting her intentions. Kumar whips up a few more battles in the Sarabhai household.

Following the trend Ali will be seen talking about his forthcoming flick Anjaan on the show. The episode airs at 9 pm on Star One.