Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

Articles Related to KGGK-No Comments

shahidlover24 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi,

This is a topic strictly for articles that are related to KGGK. There should be no comments here otherwise they will be deleted. You are more than welcome to post articles in individual topics where comments are allowed.

Thanks,

Preeti

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

114268 thumbnail
The mainstay of Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki

SHE may have become a much-pursued star of the small screen with her role of Parvati in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki but Sakshi Tanwar is no stranger to the arclights.

Sakshi Tanwar in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki: Model womanBefore KGGK she had already done cameos in serials like Juhi, Bhanwar, Rajdhani, Paridhi and more. Besides she has done ads for Horlicks, Tata Tea, Usha Sewing Machine and more. "I look forward to more such meaningful roles in the future," says Sakshi a software expert by education.

Seeing her performance, it is not surprising that she is flooded with small screen offers but what she is looking forward to is Yeh Jeevan Hai where she plays the character of Nafisa who, she says, is just like me in real life — carefree and bindaas.

But what she's not bindaas about is her acting career. And her dreams are not just confined to the small screen. Bollywood is the next step where she wants to emulate Tabu. "She's my role model says the star who herself has spawned a number of role models after her hit performance in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki.

114268 thumbnail
Om to be killed off in Kahaani Ghar...
   By: Tushar Joshi
   June 28, 2005

Kiran Karmarkar with TV wife Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus), which chronicles the trials and tribulations of the Agrawal family, is in for a major twist.

As per reports, the family drama will celebrate its 1000th episode some time in August, and also mark the end of Kiran Karmarkar playing Om Agrawal on the show.

Confirming this development, Balaji head honcho Ekta Kapoor says, "It's true that Om will be killed on the show.

Kiran is unhappy with doing television and needs a break. We were initially planning to put him in a coma, but thought it would make more sense to kill him in Kahaani."

Bored with being Om

Kiran Karmarkar with real-life biwi Rinku Dhawan
Karmarkar has been on the show for almost three years and played the character of the loyal husband and devoted father right from the beginning.

He started his career with a Marathi daily, Dinaman, on DD.

Apart from television, Karmarkar has also done a lot of mainstream Marathi plays, namely Pu La Deshpande's Sundar Mee Honar.

His stint with Balaji Telefilms started with shows like Ghar Ek Mandir, Itihaas, Padosan and Kkehna Hai Kucch Mujhko.

However, his role as the modern day Ram in Kahaani earned him popularity with the masses.

Sources close to Karmarkar reveal that the actor is bored with the daily serial format on television and wants to pursue other avenues. "He has enjoyed a lot of success with Om, but now he wants to move on and try other formats of entertainment," says a source.

Not a publicity stunt

Apparently a mutual consensus was reached between Ekta Kapoor and Karmarkar, after he conveyed his decision to leave the show a few weeks back. "Kiran has always been looked up to in the industry.

He has always been a man of his conscience, and when he realised he could not do Kahaani anymore, he told Ekta about it," says a friend on condition of anonymity.

As per the understanding it was decided that keeping in mind the popularity of the character, a logical end would be given to Om. According to reports, Om will be killed on Kahaani around the same time the show completes its 1000th episode.

Karmarkar was apprehensive about his decision to leave the show being leaked to the media since he thought it would be considered to be a publicity stunt.

"He has always maintained a low profile when it comes to being in the news. He lets his work talk for him, and never tries to milk attention by creating news around himself," said his friend.

Karmarkar was unavailable for comment.

114268 thumbnail
Kahaani Eid ki

Ali Asgar
Kamal Chachu's Eid daawat for his Kahaani clan "This time, over the weekend on Eid, I was shooting for Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.

My co-stars eagerly waited for me to bring their favourite biryani and the sewaiyyan 'sheer korma' and other Mughlai items specially prepared for the occasion. It's been a routine over the years and usually turns into a sumptuous khana khazana or rather khana kha-jaana (before its over) event.

We also celebrate Diwali in our building compound with lots of fireworks and distribution of dher saari mithai.  Fortunately for me Sakshi  (Parvati) Tanwar happens to reside in the same building, so our families get together and have a sparkling blast," declared the favourite devar.

114268 thumbnail
  Ali Asgar: Acting funny is my forte
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   November 5, 2005

Ali Asgar
A actor Ali Asgar (better known as Kamal chachu   of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) makes a hilarious entry as the 'ghulam purush' in Hum Paanch (Zee) starting this weekend.

Nicknamed the 'Rishi Kapoor of the telly screen', Ali has always been a bankable actor, and has acted in several movies as well.

Double Eid delight
"After all those rona-dhona scenes in the recent episodes of Kahaani following the exit of Om's character, I was dying to do a wacko comedy and Hum Paanch came as a welcome relief.

This time for Eid it will be a double delight, since both Hum Paanch and David Dhawan's movie, Shaadi No. 1(where he plays a fake boyfriend of Soha Ali Khan) are coming this week," enthuses Asgar.

Here,  the Chachu of Kahaani who will shortly be shifting to his new high-rise sea-facing apartment at Yari Road, talks about his comic roles

Will you quit Kahaani, now that you've grabbed a good role in the revamped Hum Paanch?
No, that's a wrong impression. My character, Kamal, who looks helpless caught between his attachment to Parvati bhabhi and the opposition of the rest of the Agarwal parivaar, will continue with the Kahaani track as usual.

Honestly speaking, I was thrilled when I was singled out by Ekta Kapoor to play this bumbling ghar-jamai, Purshottam, who is a henpecked husband married to Meenakshi (Vandana Pathak of Instant Khichdi).

After so much of rona-dhona and heavy-duty emotional scenes in Kahaani after the death of Om bhaiyya's character, I was dying to play a funny, wacko role.

Acting funny has been my forte and I've done several comedy serials before, like Dil Vil Pyar Vyar.  In fact, I have also featured in David Dhawan's latest comedy flick, Shaadi No 1, where heroine Soha Ali Khan pretends to flirt with me in a fake fling.

Do you feel like an outsider on the Hum Paanch set?
Yes, initially I had this mental apprehension, since I was working with all of them individually for the first time. Also, my character did not exist in the original batch of Hum Paanch episodes. But to my startling surprise they welcomed me so warmly and gelled with me as if I had always been part of the Mathur parivaar.

Once we were ignited we all would burst into our punchlines like a long necklace of crackers… our comic timing is that good. Since I play a henpecked hubby, my four saalis fondly call me 'ghulam'.

As Kamal, there is a glaring absence of a romantic track for you. Comment.
I totally agree! My non-romantic character is more like a budnaseeb widower, but I have my share of intense dramatic scenes within the Agarwal family. There are talks going on among the team of Kahaani writers; and Kamal may get emotionally closer to Trishna (Mita Vashist), who realizes that she was never formally married to Om's character.

How about sharing the untold kahani of your Asgar 'ghar'?
(Sorry, all you nubile girls) Well, I am already married to this pretty girl called Siddiqueh from Pune. Although I have a so-called romantic image, this was an arranged marriage, which took place three years ago. We have an 18-month old son, Akbar, a little terror I have nicknamed 'Tiger'. Every time I reach home, he is there to fondly attack me like a tiger cub.

Your general knowledge seems good, considering your performance on KBC.
Not at all, my general knowledge is no great shakes. But my awareness relating to showbiz gyaan is excellent. That's how I won the 'fastest finger first' round and correctly answered the Bollywood-related sawaal. And since I had worked with Bachchan saab earlier as a co-star in this David Dhawan movie, Hum Kisise Kum Nahin, I wasn't nervous while settling on the KBC 'hot seat'.

114268 thumbnail
Sandiip Sikcand plays eunuch

Sandiip Sikcand
Most telly actors know Sandiip Sikcand as Balaji's creative head for shows like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, K Street Pali Hill and Hum Paanch.

But Sikcand is also an actor, who does theatre as well as television.

He has just shot for a short film called Sanna, directed by music composer Aadesh Shrivastava; the film marks Shrivastava's directorial debut.

Gender bender

In a daring role, Sikcand will be seen as a eunuch who is part of a child prostitution racket.

"This is indeed a different role for me," says Sikcand, who plays the sari-clad eunuch, Raju. "The film was shot on the streets of Mumbai and I was hoping I would not bump into any Balaji people!" he laughs.

Sandiip Sikcand as the eunuch Raju in Sanna
Sanna is a 10-minute film about child prostitution, focussing on the nexus between a brothel owner and a eunuch.

Besides Sikcand, the film stars Ayesha Kapoor (who was seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Black as the young Michelle McNally), Seema Biswas, Pratima Kazmi and Akhilenda Mishra.

Character progression

Sikcand was approached for Sanna by Prachi Thadani, who worked with Shrivastava on the film.

"Prachi had seen me in my play, Champagne on the House, in which I played a gay character. She thought I fit the role of Raju in Sanna. When she approached me, she had doubts about whether I would do the role. But to her great surprise, I agreed."

The film portrays the dark underbelly of Mumbai. "It was quite an experience shooting for Sanna. It looks at the dark, grim side of life in the city. It is about something that is real, that happens on the city's streets, with poor girls as victims. In fact, Aadesh was inspired to make Sanna after a real incident which moved him," says Sikcand. The role of the brothel owner is played by Biswas.

Fit hai to hit hai!

Sikcand had to contend with sari blouse fittings, make-up, long hair and eyelashes while shooting for the film.

"What I have realised after wearing a sari for this role is how important it is to have a proper fit for a sari blouse. Most of our serial's actresses always tell Balaji designer Nim Sood to provide proper fittings for their blouse. I used to wonder why they fussed about such a small thing so much — now I know!" he grins.

Sanna has been on the international film festival circuit and will be seen in India as well. "It is a film which will move you," says Sikcand.

Many faces of Sandiip Sikcand

Sandeep Sikcand wears many hats:

1. Creative head of Balaji shows Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, K Street Pali Hill (both on Star Plus). besides Hum Paanch and Kasamh Se (both will air on Zee).

2. Acted as Parmeet in Kesar (Star Plus), Umesh in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus), and Sandeep in Kehna Hai Kuch Mujhko (Sony).

3. Was seen as Alex on the big screen in Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II.

4. Began as a theatre producer-director and has staged Ask What Father Says, Oh God, Champagne on The House and My Best Friend's Wedding. Is currently seen in Vikram Kapadia's Black With 'Equal'.

114268 thumbnail

Bahus fight on KBC2 set

Smriti Irani, Sakshi Tanwar with Amitabh Bachchan
This Sunday, KBC2 brings you an hour and-a-half special with the cast of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.

We at hitList give you the inside dope of what the favourite bahus were up to. While Smriti Irani and Sakshi Tanwar looked quite friendly, an insider informed that they locked horns when the wrong answer landed them to 6,40,000 from a hefty 25 lakhs.

Apparently, after their shot Irani made a sarcastic remark to Tanwar while the mikes were on. An insider explains, "Smriti passed a real sly remark. Even I was shocked to hear that, as they appeared quite good friends."

Living up to the reputation of Parvati bhabhi, Tanwar didn't react. However, she has been heard discussing the tiff and voicing her dissatisfaction with her cast members.

Points out a source, "I've also heard Sakshi saying that she doesn't want to make any more appearances with Smriti." When we checked with the respective bahus, they denied. The episode will air on November 30, at 9 pm.

114268 thumbnail

Serials shot abroad

1. Dubai: Rabba Ishq Na Hove, Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai
2. Mauritius: Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin
3. London: Astitva- Ek Prem Kahaani, Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand
4. Australia: Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
5. Malaysia: Kasautii Zindgai Kay

114268 thumbnail
Babuji zara dheere chalo...
   By: Tushar Joshi
   October 26, 2005

Deepak Qazir
Deepak Qazir, who played the role of the patriarch of the Agarwal family in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and also acted in Kasautii Zindagi Kay, has suddenly disappeared from the telly circuit.

The reason cited by some of his friends is Deepak's close friendship with Meetu, a creative head who works on Sunjoy Wadhwa's Saath Phere.

Platonic friendship

In her late twenties, Meetu has previously worked on Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Sarrkkar. "Deepak is very fond of Meetu. They meet often.

Everyone who knows Deepak is aware of his special friendship with her."

Deepak defends friend

We asked Deepak about this "dosti". "We are very good friends," he said, referring to Meetu. "I call her almost everyday. She has an amazing sense of humour and I love her jokes. But beyond that, there is nothing." What about the buzz that the two friends spend long hours together? "That is silly. She is a young woman, and such talk could damage her reputation," cautions the actor.

It's my life, Meetu

When questioned about her friendship with the older man, Meetu initially refused to comment.

"Who's interested in what's going on with Deepak Qazir and my life?" After much prodding, she said, "For the last five years, no one has written about the fact that I have worked on so many big shows. I don't want to comment about this issue at all."

However, just when we thought the lady wouldn't break her silence, she blurts out, "Whatever is between Deepak Qazir and me, only we know. I do not think anyone else needs to be told. People will anyway say what they have to, irrespective of what my opinion is. I would rather talk about my work — I have worked on shows like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Sarrkar, and now Saat Phere."

Ekta wanted to kill me

About quitting Kasautii and Kahaani, Deepak has no regrets, "I had nothing to do except stand in the background and do small scenes. Ekta wanted to let me out by killing me on both shows, and I was okay with that." With less work, he is now concentrating on his health.

"I have lost around nine kilos, and find myself in much better shape than before." The actor is currently working on Ravi Chopra's new show, Virasat and Sunjoy Wadhwa's Don, starring Parmeet Sethi, on Star Plus.

114268 thumbnail
Aamir Ali and Minissha Lamba come close
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   October 24, 2005

Minissha Lamba
Aamir Ali, who plays Samir Kaul in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, is rumoured to be involved with two actresses — Minissha Lamba and Mahek.

Recently Aamir and Minissha were seen at many social gatherings and parties together.

Says a source, "Minissha and Aamir met through common friends. They've known each other for nearly a year, but the proximity has intensified only in the last four months."

Aamir Ali
Alibag romance?

Mahek and Aamir have been linked together in the past. The duo became close on the sets of Hansal Mehta's forthcoming directorial, Anjaan. According to a unitwalla, "Aamir and Mahek came very close on the outdoor shoot in Alibag.

They spent a lot of time together late at night. But now, Aamir is spending more time with Minissha. They're together almost every evening. Mahek and he are still close, but they are less serious and their relationship has become more casual."

When contacted, Aamir denies Minissha is his girl. "Minissha is a good friend," he says. And Mahek? "I've known Mahek a very long time, but we never had anything going between us."

Mahek: We had no scene

When contacted, Mahek, who made her film debut in Nayi Padosan and danced to Sajna Ve Sajna in Chameli, was cool. "I did have a boyfriend sometime back, but we parted ways. I wouldn't like to name him, but let me clarify that he was not from the industry."

Was Aamir Ali part of her life when they shot for Anjaan? "I've known Aamir Ali for six years, when he used to fly with Sahara. I am not seeing him. We had no scene in Alibagh. At the moment, I am single."

Says another source, "Aamir is becoming quite a ladies' man these days. He came with Pooja Kanwal for the premiere of Monster-In-Law. Soon after, I spotted him with Minissha."

Minissha, who debuted with Yahaan, was unavailable for comment.

[email protected]

Minissha Yahaan hai...

Post Yahaan, Minissha has been signed for Madhur Bhandarkar's Corporate, starring Bipasha Basu and Kay Kay Menon in main roles.

Besides Anjaan, where he plays the stranger in the house to whom the wife Mahek is attracted, Aamir, introduced in Hansal Mehta's sex comedy Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai, will be seen in the title role in Raghu, with Kay Kay and Ishaa Koppikar. Raghu, also directed by Hansal Mehta, is complete.