IS Dark skin lookes younger Than fair skin ONSCREE

Posted: 14 years ago
IS Dark skin lookes younger Than fair skin ONSCREEn

i may be wrong but i have quite observed with the ladies not the young ones but the 90's babes tht even though they are so fair, they go dark in complexion for their movies and look younger.
i felt tht in dhoom 2 where aishwariya in couple of scenes had dark complexion and surprisingly look younger where the next yr in guru her fair skin showed her old😆

ditto for Urmila in Karzzz, in the first few sequences with dino, she got dark and looked extremely young gorgeous lady but when her fair skin and very very rough make-up After the interval looks her look old. may be the character required tht becoz she was playing 50 + woman.

same like i felt for sushmita sen, juhi nd others..so the question is...IS Dark skin lookes younger Than fair skin ONSCREEn?????

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i think it's the make-up which matters not the colour of the skin :P
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think that's true. Since I see lots of dark skinned people who are in their 50's that look so young but fair skinned look old by the time at 40.

And I didn't even realized that tanned look of urmila in Karzz. Great observation.
amz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I have never realised that, but i agree it must be the make up that makes them look like that and not their actual skin colour. The observation you made about aish is actually true.

aish_punk thumbnail
hmm good observation..well maybe it is true..
From what I remember from this primary article I read in school, I think it has to do with the amount of melanin you have. Low amount of this pigment makes you wrinkly and age faster whereas higher amount of it makes you age slower. Research has shown that white people age relatively faster than black people. Melanin offers black and other dark skinned people protection from harmful UV rays so your skin does not age faster. On the contrary, whites and lightskinned people get no protection thanks to their low melanin pigment and are susceptible to the negative effects of UV rays. Hence, their skin gets wrinkly faster and consequently they look older.
so surprisingly being dark makes u look younger LOL
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^^but i have always thought dark skin makes ppl look older & more mature...