Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
NANDINI!!!!!
I can't believe this is it.
For some, this might be the end of your fan-fic, but for me this is just a beginning.
You've just taken the first step in the world of fan-fics. You still have a long journey ahead and your fans will be there always to support you.
The ending was just beautiful.
It was the perfect ending to this perfect story.
I hope I get to hear from you, and I really hope to read more of you writing. 😊
Nadz_YuNalover thumbnail
hey nandini sorry havent been abe to comment, wow you completed it already?? cool im gonna comment shortly! btw love ur writing!
debby_11 thumbnail
lovely update
the ending is superb
thanx 4 d pm

love
debadrita
sonia_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
yaar i cant ryt i long comment but honestly
i cn ryt a short n beautiful comment for u
this ff is among the top 5 short ff's i have ever read on this forum
it was beautiful n my heart felt every emotion
i cried n i smiled
it was in pure words BEAUTIFUL!
keep riting hunny, u have marvellous talent a beautiful art widin urself!
luv u
soni
Mahnaz93 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

wow wow wow

its fantastic
d best i read till today
2222222 gud
nondescript thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Candy 🤗

There is only so much biology revision a person can take, before they drown, and my lifeboat was reading this part. I re-read all the other part before, I read the FINALE, because it created that sense of rising TENSION hehe 😆. I am simultaneously doing my CAD Drawings aswell, so sorry for the late reply.  I think the work which I have used most after 'RESERVED' is 'Sorry' 😆

Okay can I just say I LOVE YOU for this FF. It has been a brilliant read of course, I mean you are a BRILLIANT author!! It is sort of like a sanctuary or an escape route for me out of all the school nonsense reading your FF, and forgetting that workload and LIFE for a good half hour.

Hannah's Highlights

Before I begin, giving my comment on each part, I would like to share my top 6 highlights on Live Or Let Die

1.     The Storyline- The storyline you created, (even if the idea was given to you from an episode of House) was BRILLIANT. It was fresh, exciting and more simply SOMETHING NEW. You created suspense perfectly. Not too much, not too little. You left me on the edge of my chair, when I read the promo. It wasn't a long-winded fan fiction, which greatly supported the suspense theme, otherwise we readers would be FLOODING your inbox wanting to know what was coming our way next 😆. It held the perfect balance of the medical aspect alongside the vast number of emotions. The diagnosis at the end in part 4 was my favourite part of the storyline. Alongside being 'The Best MiniFF', it educated us readers too.

2.     Armaan- Okay, you will be bored to bits (You may skip reading this paragraph if you wish to do so, because it will be a repeat of everything I have said before 😆). I have fallen in LOVE with the Armaan in Live or Let Die. You have successfully brought in his traits from the character of Armaan in Dill Mill Gayye, and on top of that you have brought that magical essence to his character, that Hannah cannot help but just fall for him once over...................... We all know very well that he has the physical strength, but I love more, is how you have managed to uncover Armaans inner emotions by portraying his mental strength. What man is able to see the love of his LIFE being tortured and that too on such a brutal manner? What man is willing to risk his own life, for the sake of others? And what I find most touching, is that after all that happens, as a reader one knows that Armaan will hold no grudges against the Grey Eyed Guy.  I pray that every person finds their perfect partner. And any person would be lucky if their partner holds the traits that Armaan in your FF does.

3.     The Hug- I could never forget this part of your FF. The end of part 2 and the beginning of part 3. It was well just way too BEAUTIFUL.The way they seeked solace in one anothers arms. So so so so SO cute. You feel like crying for them. They were oblivious of the world around them as their souls seeked comfort with one another. Bravo Candy Bravo! You are BRILLIANT.

4.     The Ending ' I will dwell into details of the ending at a later stage of this comment, because I have so much to say, nonetheless it was number 4 on my top 6.

5.     Emotions ' I cannot help but bring in part of my comment from part 4 because well I just have to reinstate it, because your work is well... just... BRILLIANT! Live Or Let Die sends the reader through a myriad of emotions. In part one you feel helpless as you see two lovers part. Part two allows you to sense that aching compassion as you see the two lovers love battle their way through what they are facing and you cannot help but love them for trying to seek solace in one another's arms. The end of part 3 makes you smile as you see how true their love is as they return the gun to the grey eyed guy despite the fact that they could get shot and finally part four makes you GASP! Your teeth clench and as soon as you read the PROMO your lips quaver. Is Riddhima okay?- That was all copied haha 😆, as for emotions in part 5, it was as if I was sitting on the roller coaster. The tension pierced the air, as Armaan had enough and was challenging the Grey Eyed Guy, I let out a gasp as Armaan was shot, I couldn't help but smile at Anjalis warm reception towards Armaan, Gasp another 5 zillion times at the climax and then finally smile and chuckle at Armaan and Riddhima at the end.

6.     Friendship- After not being able to see our DMG gang on TV, it was beautiful to see (theoretically READ more like envision) The DMG gang all together. Sach meh dost haune chaiyye to aise. This was true friendship. Atul was a sweetheart, Anjali (will get to her later) was brilliant, Rahul, Muskaan Armaan and Riddhima, it was WONDERFUL. I loved how they all helped one another try and diagnose the problem of the Grey Eyed Guy, and finally super sexy Armaan figures it out.

Now for the actual comment 😆. Sorry

Introduction

Each piece you write smoothly picks up from the ending of the last piece.  It gives your writing that sense of fluidity (Not sure if that is the correct term to use, but I hope you know what I mean). It is as if all the words which are enclosed next to each other in the sentence are destined to be next to one another. You have that magical touch in your writing Nandini. Whether it is a poem or an update as a reader one cannot help but want to continue to read further. Back to the introduction- 'stood suspended... stunned silence'. I have no idea whether the alliteration was intentional or not, but it was very effective. It amplifies Armaans state of mind as the blankness washes over his mind. Sort of brings his thoughts to a standstill which are crashed by the heaviness of the Grey Eyed Guys words. You bring a climax into the piece even before the piece has even started. Way to go Candy! 👏 This climax brings a million thoughts to the readers mind. What will Armaan do? What will happen to Riddhima? Will he leave her? Will Riddhimas condition deteriorate even further? Question after question build up, and then you realise that you still have the rest of the piece to read, to find out. Just like the previous part you bring in that contrast. In part 4 we have the hustle and bustle of Mumbai contrasting the minds of the occupants in the van, and in part 5 we have Armaan inner rage which quickly melts as soon as he sees his Basket. And when looking into her eyes and seeing the pain she faces, it all builds up once more. This one guy (Armaan) is facing so much. He is so helpless, powerless and for a second it seems that all will come to an end as there is only so much one can take before enough is enough. You supported this thought of mine beautifully as you then wrote on to say that 'Armaan couldn't care less. He walked half a step forward'. Final word on the introduction- You managed to keep that structure of circularity right up until the end. In the introduction we have Armaan left in his thoughts of the beautiful moments which he spent with Riddhima, and finally the end paragraph ends off with both AR together in an embrace and left with their whole lives ahead of themselves. It gives the FF that sense of completeness.

The feud between two dying men

Well not literally but it sounds nice and dramatic 😆.  The old man is theoretically in a very bad state (health wise), and Armaan feels like he is dying, as he sees his lady love in distress. It was like a game of tennis. Armaan provokes the grey eyed guy he is determined to get Riddhima away, then the Grey Eyed Guy gets back at Armaan by pulling the trigger near Riddhima. Once again, Armaan does not give up and finally when the Grey Eyed Guy finds he is in no position to retaliate back in terms of strength, he pulls the trigger on Armaan and Armaan is forcefully sent out. I felt so so SO bad for Armaan at this point. It was like Armaan, Grey Eyed Guy, Armaan, Grey Eyed Guy, Armaan, Grey Eyed Guy, And finally the Grey Eyed Guy got his way.

The Title was PERFECT

That sense of foreboding did not leave the piece even up until the end. You amaze me Candy, you really do. You managed to keep the suspense via the title up until the end. The suspense is finally OVER! The old man. I felt like crying for this poor guy. His life lay between the two; he either lived and sought to figure out his illness or he died and the pain would leave him. Either way he would be relieved of this pain. Poor Grey Eyed Guy. It was live or let die for both Riddhima and the Grey Eyed Guy. Riddhima had her love Armaan, she had her family, whereas the Grey Eyed Guy had nobody. 😔 He was sick of the pain, and it really makes one sympathise with him alongside contemplating with the fact that do you want to strangle him for causing Riddhima so much pain. The vestiges of pain were depicted on his face as he spoke each work. It's a harsh world... You gave him a very good ending in my opinion. He is finally well, and he is going to jail for holding people hostage and nearly killing Riddhima. In my opinion, there could not have been a better ending for him. His eyes were finally rejuvenated with spirit. He was happy, and Armaan forgave him for his deeds. Everyone is happy 😃 = Happy Hannah 😊

A Special Call to Anjali

I have to mention her. Her reception towards Armaan was oh so sweet. I for one thought she would shout at Armaan, but she didn't. The DMG CV team really did need to take you on board when it comes to character development. You managed to convey Anjali tough exterior in part 4 and in part 5 you manage to depict her kind and caring nature. Conveying both facets really completes Anjali's character.  And I also like very very much how you manage to imply Anjalis liking towards Atul. Again something DMG CVs rushed into. They built up such a great wall between the two and nearer the end of the old batch of interns they make them seem all lovey dovey. I need to have a word with cinevistaas about recruiting you. Oh yeah Nandini Madam, as soon as they do take you on board, ensure you get AR back in the show!!! Don't forget!!

The Ending

The kiss was so beautiful and so subtle. You did not make it seem vile nor vulgar, but was very apt for their current state. It was tender as you said and beautiful, because you described it word perfect. 👏 It was composed to convey AR sharing pure passion and comfort basking in each others ambience. After all that nearly breaking apart Live or Let Die, they were finally brought together, and the kiss they shared symbolized this. They belong together, not matter what. The ending, for me was the highlight of the whole piece. It created that warm fuzzy feeling inside of me. I read the end paragraph over and over. It was not sugary, over-the-top and sentimental, but was small, simple and sweet. Two words: LOVED IT! (Extra Note I could so imagine Armaan and Riddhima's foreheads touching) They were in tears and they soaked in the feeling of being with one another. You are brilliant Nandy. How do you come up with this brilliant writing? Its made to match and leaves the reader awe inspired at the inseparable pair.

Somebody once said 'All good things must come to an end'-, but nobody said that all BRILLIANT things ever had to come to an end (however beautiful the ending may be). This truly was a work of art and it is one of many pieces which depict your inner talent. I am excited to see what you have planned for us next.

The Final Flower ' Gosh how depressing does that sound- Nevertheless, 5 Jasmines (One for each part), is what I shall gift you. In part one I gave you Jasmines, and finally in part 5. I shall give you Jasmines, as the scent of each Jasmine per part, really did bring about an array of emotions. Moreover Jasmines bring about that sense of serene tranquillity sort of symbolising Armaan and Riddhimas beautiful future ahead and good luck for whatever brilliant wonder you will be writing in the future.

'Congratulations Candy, this was well ermm... FANTASTIC. Your university as well as all we readers are lucky to have someone like you.

Love You more than the fat kid who loves his chocolate cake 😆.

Hannah Banana xxx

P.S We readers would like an update on Love Rekindled 😃. ' That's us greedy impatient readers          ! I speak on behalf of the whole INDIA FORUMS

@ GEhsaas: MAN! That was freakin' Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure u'll win several awards for it

this was the best MiniFic I came across !

This was my exact response after I too began reading Nandinis work! It's as if sometimes words seem to fail me when I read her pieces. But back to my point, I soooo second you on your comment!!!  Everyone elses too, but as soon as I read your comment, the line in bold were the EXACT words that came straight out my mouth too!!!

PPS The emotion factor of Live or Let Die. 😊 😲 😳 😭 😭 😭 😭 😳 😳   😲 😲 😃

👏 x 1million

Edited by hannahdmg - 14 years ago
RadiantTreasure thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
hey nandini...
sorry for late comment..
so am back after my exams but still lot of errands to complete..so still
my fanfic is in pending..
anyways just read u r last 2 parts,,,and yes firstly ..

loved the fourth part..it was real good..atul and anjy with muski and rahul...
its was just a comeback of oldgang again..loved their convo..
ofcourse AR-RI interaction was fab..
felt bad for rids...why did she do it..mmhh..anyways u handled well with that
armaan remembering abt his uncles disease..
thank atleast they can cure him and atlast all problems will be solved or not?..
but really this was really good part..one which i will remember out of all..

and now comes the last(i really didnt want this to end)part...
oh my god..!!!!what an ending..suspense..!!!
armaan and ridhimas love for eachother...to be with eachother forever,,
loved that..never to get separated...wowo!!!!
was really waiting to knw wht does oldmans do..atlast hes not bad at heart and
hes cured too by taking medicine and not injecting to rids..and
AR-RI are back together,armaans gunshot and rids also are healed...
happies.................endings.............
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
loved it too core....
thnks again for lovely effort...
now i really want to see housed to know more abt it..
do send me PM for any future fanfics........
goodwishes..
have a great day..
sri:-)
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Can you please please please please do one more medical based FF??? Please!!!
Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dr.KaranSG

Can you please please please please do one more medical based FF??? Please!!!

even though i havent done my duty of commenting till now

doc i so agree wd u she really shd do one more..
and nandini i promise i will get down to the task of writing my comment tommorow for sure.. and hey my tommorow comes lol
i really have been late this time... soo sorriee..
agrima2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hey amazin part..............
very-very beautifully written............................
today i read ur whole ff
that just amazing
i m thankful to u
to inform me
n ya thanks for pm