~Undying Devotion~ One Shot

iTangled_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Hello my dear readers 🤗

Been really long since i have come here, and this time with my 1st one shot😳😆

Its not exactly FAN Fiction, But it was my entry for this Short Story Writing Contest! *CLOSED* Note Pg 8 😆

I did not get selected to the top 7 Short story writing contest - VOTING!! :D  But i hope i am free to post it here😳

Hope you all enjoy 😳

Undying Devotion

"Where is he?" anxious Sarah questioned herself sipping a glass of hot cappuccino. "Dad is so going to kill me for this, I can't even tell him, and if ever he comes to know he'll burn Cal alive". Then she saw a tall lean figure amidst the wind and mist that hung on the window panes. "Damn these rains" he let out a sigh of frustration before he kissed Sarah on the cheek and occupied the chair opposite her.

"Cal, lets please decide, I can't wait any longer"

"Sarah, what do you mean?"

"I mean us Cal, us, lets go for it, I am tired, dad will never be convinced"

"But he is right, I'll never be able to give you the lavish life you lived and…"

"Cal" she sighed, holding his hand, "I don't want that life, I am happy with you, I can work and earn as well, common, I am 27, your going to be 30, we have been hiding for 5 years now in a relationship dad will never accept, we are so sure about us, I want to get married, and get babies, and be happy with you, besides you earn enough, money isn't everything"

"But I want to see you happy, don't want you to work hard in that world, and I want our babies to get all the time they need (giving a side smile)"

"Gosh Cal, you haven't smiled like that in ages, looking at that smile I'm falling in love with you all over again"

The wind was roaring harder than ever, the place around the caf dimmed as the sky got darker towards the evening, the air conditioners were definitely to a warmer level, but the warmth in their fingers was so much different and beyond comparison to anything in the world at the moment.

"Oh lets do it, today, what today, NOW, common" Cal decided. He got up and pulled Sarah out of the caf door, "let's go"

"Cal, what, where…?"

"Oh common, no questions, all right, just come with me"

"Taxi"

Both got into the taxi and Sarah waited for the unknown destination as Cal made sure she hadn't heard what he told the Cabby. She rested her head on his shoulder and stayed there holding on to him tight

"Cal?"

"Hmm?"

"The weather looks so discouraging?"

"That aint gonna bother us, nothing for us to worry about"

"I just feel something is going to go wrong, go bad, I don't know why?"

Cal shifted in his seat and faced her, "Sarah, aren't we both together? This is reality, whatever happens, I aint gonna let go off your hand" he tightened the hold, those hands that hadn't been separated from the time they had left the caf. It was sweating by now; she could see the sweat glistening between the gaps of her fingers. When she looked back up he was surprisingly close to her, she was taken aback for a moment but then gave in and shared the kiss of eternity with him, her one and only.

"Well done young man, well done, you will be repaid well for this, ask and you shall receive" said a well known man, Patrick Monterio, owner of a multinational company whose headquarters resided in New York.

"Thank you sir"

"I'll get back to you shortly; I need people like you, efficient in all ways, again good job James"

"Sarah please be all right, oh please" Susan Monterio prayed rather hoped.

The doorbell rings, Susan frantically opened the door and ushered the man in.

"I have come to give you the informa…."

Susan hadn't allowed him to complete what he said "How is she James? Is she well?"

"Maam, she is very much fine, but Mr. Monterio is up to no good, I am afraid he can get down to killing Cal, he has made plans, and its into action, we have to do something, fast, police is not the solution, he has bribed them well"

"But why is he doing this James? Why can't he accept Cal, he is such a good boy for my daughter"

"According to your will maam, Mr. Monterio says that he does not wish the large amount of the property in Sarah's would be spouses name as stated in the will, for him and the court you are dead, and also with due respect maam, cancer is a deadly disease, you don't have much time, a matter of months"

"I know James, I know, but whats the matter with Patrick, he got certain property too and because of that he is in such a position, its my family custom, I had to fake my own death because I could not live with that selfish, filthy, nasty, ill-mannered nitwit, forget about all of this, where are Sarah and Cal?"

"I have a faint inkling where they may be maam, but I cannot come with you, I have to report to Mr. Monterio, your dear husband, he has something for me in store I think."

"Thanks James, you have been of great help, see that Patrick does not know you double crossing him"

"Cal, are we at the beach? My feet can feel the sand"

"Bingo, and what else do you feel Sarah?" his warm breath tingling her neck and back.

"…umm…I feel the presence of us, I feel the same wind, the very same one that was blowing when we met, I feel like we are standing on the same spot like we did five years ago when we first met, I feel the sky protecting us, bringing in the togetherness of the day you confessed that you loved me beyond boundaries and…

"Sarah, don't you want to see what you feel?"

"I see it Cal, I do see it, I know your shielding my eyes, but I see all that I feel in your eyes"

He let her open her eyes, and turned her around to face him, "Sarah, you just touched my heart"

"Did I get that spot?"

"Which spot?"

"The one where only I reside and no one else does, my home"

"You should be killed, the countless times you open up my heart for you, no man must ever have had so many open heart surgeries"

"And what should I do with you? You stole my heart!"

"you can do whatever you want, after this, hang on" he put his hand in his jeans pocket and pulled out something he did not yet allow Sarah to see.

"What is it?"

He went down on his knee, and held out the ring, a simple 3 stoned gold ring.

"Oh, Cal?"

"Sarah, err, Sarah, uh, ok I am cutting the speech now! Sarah Hewitt Monterio daughter of Mr. Patrick and late Mrs. Susan Monterio, will you take the pleasure of accepting this little ring? Sarah, will you marry me and become Mrs. Cal Anthony Harrison to share all the joys with me?"

She knelt down on the floor close to him, and cupped his face delicately, "no Cal, I want to be with you even in trials and temptations, I want to be with you in all the phases of life, in every testing path, in every misery, EVERYTHING, she put forward her left hand, he slipped the ring into her finger, "its not much" he whispered, "its American diamond".

"Cal, your not inferior to me, this moment is priceless, no amount of jewels can bring this moment, it's intangible"

She hugged him, he hugged her back and pulled her down along with him on the sand, they laid there, still hugging, laughing, and surrendering themselves to each other, the moon was now slowly being hidden behind the clouds, shielding its starry look and allowing Cal and Sarah their privacy to just live for the moment.

"Beat him up, be ruthless, my daughter should not be harmed, I make it clear, my daughter is NOT to be harmed, even a scratch on her and you'll have the glory of being killed by me in person"

"Yes Mr. Monterio, we are efficient, rest assured" the rogue bowed and went off.

"Today my mission will be accomplished, everything will be only mine" a sneer crossed his face. "Don't shoot him, make him suffer, I want to see the pain, I want him to scream in pain and die in pain"

"We'll get married tomorrow" said Cal, building castles in the air as they walked on the concrete streets hand in hand, "a nice simple wedding, you don't mind a hushed up wedding, do you Sarah? He added after a thought.

"No, I just hope it's us for the wedding, you and me, what more do we need?"

"A priest" Cal replied, practically.

"CAL…" she playfully hit his arm.

A bright light blinded them for a few seconds, a van, rather big one, huge looking tough men stepped out, Sarah's eyes grew wide in fear, she clutched Cal's hand tight, he held her hand tight, "don't let go off Sarah, no matter what, get it?" Cal muttered looking at her, she nodded and held on tighter, the men stepped at one arms distance and surrounded them in between a circle.

"Leave the girl and we'll leave you, untouched, unharmed" the man right in front of Cal said. His voice frightened Sarah all the more. Cal held her tighter, more securely.

"No, I am afraid I cant give you the girl, do whatever you want" that was the last thing he remembered saying in full consciousness, the next moment he felt a huge blow on his head from the back, Sarah heard a dull thunk of the iron rod on his head, Cal's hand clutching Sarah's hand loosened, she held on tighter, "NO" she shouted, two muscular men were pulling her away from Cal while five of them with chains and iron rods were beating Cal from every possible direction. They were so fast and harsh that the chains and rods were appearing blurred to Sarah's eyes. He was being beaten up and all she did was shout "no" "don't do that" "I beg of you".

Every blow on Cal ripped her heart into pieces, then she remembered, her promise to him "no Cal, I want to be with you even in trials and temptations, I want to be with you in all the phases of life, in every testing path, in every misery, EVRYTHING"

She did not know what happened to her or how she managed, she got herself free from being held and ran the little distance to Cal, she wanted to throw up looking at his state, but she had no time, she managed to get to Cal and hold him in her arms, at that moment the very things that were ripping his body was whipping her, hard and fast, pain, excruciating pain ran threw her body, there she was knelt down, her body bent over Cal's, his head resting on her lap as she held him tenderly in her arms and yelled in pain, but there he was, trying to protect her, with little weak strength he had he put one bloody hand on her head, to shield her head, the rogues were so ruthless, for a moment they seemed like police trying hard to kill off the terrorists but not a bit worried about killing the hostages in the bargain, all they could offer were condolences.

But now suddenly everything was still, no sound, no wind, not even a hooting owl, or the screech of a bat, all the men were backing off, someone had hit a iron rod right on Sarah's temple, she now lay face down on the floor beside Cal, a tear dropped from her eye to the ground, blood oozed out and onto the floor, like a fast leaking tap, Cal lay on his back next to her, "no Sarah, don't give up yet" his voice came ragged, so soft, "you cant go before me" his hand reached out to hold hers, their hands met, "I can hold no longer, I see white Cal" her voice equally ragged, hoarse like it was coming from a distinct angel.

The sound of a loud gunshot from somewhere, did not even squirm Cal's or Sarah's insides, "I'm glad we are dieing together Sarah"

"So am I Cal"

"You have to say something, last words?"

"Yeah, Oh Lord, forgive us of our sins and unite us in heaven"

"I'll see you there Sarah, I'll be waiting for you"

"Cal no, don't leave me, I'm coming"

"I love you very much Sarah"

"I also do Cal, Thank you for the five best years of my life, all those memories, and tonight, the best memory is tonight Cal"

"What could be better than dieing in each others arms?"

"We are going to be immortal soon…."

"….and our souls will reunite…"

"Our bodies have been one Cal…"

"… and no one can deny it, never…You're only mine Sarah" that was Cal's last.

Sarah closed her eyes, and waited for death to come, it was not far, the last words from Cal's mouth was her name she remembered before she felt Cal's soul beside her, both traveling and awaiting a beautiful blissful life in a world no one existing knew about.

Do leave those valuable comments😳

Love

Steff 🤗

PS: all those Fan Fictions i left pending, I will read them, once my End Semester exams finish😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Make-It-Pop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Aww Steffi, this was really amazing dear.
two lovers dying with in each others embrace.
It was really beautifully written, should have been chose.
Although it wasn't, i really enjoyed it.
Good job, and do write more please :)
and thanks for the pm.

Luv SAZ!🤗
Edited by SaziArmaan - 14 years ago
arshluver_15 thumbnail

Hey Steffi🤗

it was fantastic one shot absolutly loved it it had a sad endding that thery both dies but lovde it very much
do write more
thanxs for the PM
lods of luv
nruti
iTangled_25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaziArmaan

Aww Steffi, this was really amazing dear.

two lovers dying with in each others embrace.
It was really beautifully written, should have been chose.
Although it wasn't, i really enjoyed it.
Good job, and do write more please :)
and thanks for the pm.

Luv SAZ!🤗

Thanks such a lot Saz🤗 i am so glad u loved it😃😳 i don't mind it not being chosen, there are better writers too😳

iTangled_25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: arluver15

Hey Steffi🤗

it was fantastic one shot absolutly loved it it had a sad endding that thery both dies but lovde it very much
do write more
thanxs for the PM
lods of luv
nruti

HI Nruti🤗 Thanks so much😳
kchaims thumbnail
momberry its amaaazing as usual ..!!
i love each nd evryone of ur stories😛
iTangled_25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: daffodils.dudu

momberry its amaaazing as usual ..!!
i love each nd evryone of ur stories😛

Oh, u had read no, i forgot, Thanks a LOT Berry 😳
arshluver_15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Steff_DMG

HI Nruti🤗 Thanks so much😳

ur welcome sweety ps when r u updating ur other ff's i m dieing to read them plz updat soon
cute_madhu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
loved it to bits
***reserved*****
Surbhi_rox thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
wow!! i am  speechless...
how could u manage ur writing skills to be so effective and realistic steffi?
its splendid!
the way u portrayed the lovers, Sarah and Cal..
the way they cared for each other..the lil chit-chat..those romantic moments..!!
mindblowing! i simply don't have enough words to praise u for ur work!!
it was a painful story..ended on a very sad note..
the way u described each and every bit..they way the carved for being together..for being immortal..for dying together..and be in heaven!!
very well written..
i had little tears in my eyes, as if was reading furthur approaching the end..
those men..they beat the duo was ruthlessly..so mercilessly....!!
dat was a lovely story steffi!
and i can't restrain myself from syaing that..

'It was the best one-shot i read till now!'

claps for u young lady..!! ur a wonderful writer..!!

one more thing..
*standing ovation*

thnx a lot for the pm..
and do write more of one-shots..

u said dat dis was ur first?
r u kidding me?
u wrote it so perfectly..that even the word perfect is less for descrbing this one-shot!
well done!!

luv ya!

-Sanjana