Update ...... 18th Sept

skeptical thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

The house is going to be painted.  A part of the marriage preparations…..I guess.  The whole family is in the hall.  All the furniture has been removed and the room is threadbare.  Vidya is trying to explain the shade of yellow that she wants.  No matter how many mixes the painter shows her, she's not satisfied.  Adit and the kids are also there.  Antara is watching all the proceedings.  After all colours is her main fascination.  Vidya is frustrated and walks off to the balcony.  Adit tries to explain the shade to the painter.  Of course that wonderful dingbat just stands like a hot house flower.  Antara goes to her room and brings her drawing with a beautiful pale buttercup yellow flower. The man prepares the colour.  Adit is very happy that Antara gave her skilful contribution.  He goes to call a reluctant Vidya to see the new shade of yellow.  She picks up the brush and paints the wall.  Viola !!!!! It's the exact tint of the beige yellow that she wanted.  She's happy.  Adit tells her the colour shade was shown by Antara so Vidya gives her a big kiss.  Abhi is looking on.  Everyone is having a great time trying to paint.  Vidya catches on tightly to Adit's hand for support while she's up on a stool doing God knows what.  She tells him to hold tight and not to let go.  Very Symbolic, people.  What sweet children………they are painting too with Abhi teaching Antara to hold the brush.  Later,  they later have dinner together on the floor since the dining table is put away.

Vidya and Adit are sitting on the floor doing some calculations when Mrs G enters with Billo.  She comments on the colour and makes some remark about the colours being affordable.  She has come on a quick visit. It's probly to see what she has to do in her house now to keep up with the Jones…..er… Vermas in this case.  Vidya follows her out on the landing.  What followed was a bit bizarre.  Vidya asks for the piranha's help since the guests will be coming from the next day.  She says they have planned to tell everyone that they have adopted Antara.  This is only to put a lid on the speculations.  Mrs  G says she understands, but what if Antara throws a tantrum?  Vidya says they will handle that if the need arises.  She asks Mrs G to back up on this.  The lady readily agrees.  (Why not, I say she has such a glib tongue anyway)…She tells Vidya not to worry -- such things always happen during weddings.  She is quite an ace at this. (I'll bet) Vidya looks uncomfortable as Mrs G goes away.  (Dear, if you have a dozen things to hide, make sure you have a hundred fibs to tell)

The electricity has conked and Abhi and Co are carrying candles for brightness.  Adit, Abhi and Antara play with hand shadows.  Suddenly the lights are back.  The hall has been painted and the furniture is in place.  When its time to sleep, they are all on the floor lying down.  They play some kind of game similar to Chinese whispers.  And when all are asleep, Antara pushes off the covers and goes to the balcony -- her favourite spot.  She looks out at the full moon that's shining with the lone star next to it.  Adit follows her and says that you still remember her.  He tries to take her in but she is not ready.  He says you are obstinate just like your mother.  Vidya also comes to the balcony and says were you talking about me?  Adit looks guilty as hell and lets the issue drift off.  Vidya clarifies and says it's the stubborn streak in her that made her learn music and fight for Antara in the restaurant.  If every parent can channelise this obstinacy, the child will surely progress because obstinacy changes into grit.

The last part is about Sameer and his doubting father.  He asks Sameer if he's sure he wants to marry into a family like that.  He makes some silly reference to mobile phone.  And then goes on blah blah blah.  Sameer's mother says we've nothing to do with our daughter-in-law's people.  She is happy with the rishta but not her old man.  Finally the doubting Thomas asks why he was getting a feeling that something was being hidden from him???????

Precap: - Antara is painting something green on a guest's whit sari.  The lady gets amd, gives Antara a shake and asks her why she's ruined her sari.  Antara starts to howl and howl. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

theoptimistic thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Fabulous job Skep.........Loved it...
realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Wonderful update Skep😳 I liked what Vid said today abt giving direction to a child's demand.

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
looking forwards to watch the episodes thanks for updates.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
oh good Lord..scary precap for my angel face..
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Good job Skepti....

I think Sameer will finally give in to the decision of marrying Aarti
saher_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
V.well written update thanks...
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
thanx a lot!! seems like an adorable epi ..😳

bt well one thing i wondered abt was it aditya talking abt vidya or anuradha when he said "ur mother" to antara?