CID Forum Thumbnail CID

KAALO - India's First Creature Film(trailer added)

AlexithyMia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Kaalo is India's First Creature Film. Set in the deserts of Jaisalmer this supernatural thriller is shot in scorching daylight at the peak of summer. Based on a folktale, the story of Kaalo revolves around a 250-year-old desert witch by the same name.

Genre: Supernatural Thriller

Banner: Beyond Dreams Ent Ltd

Produced By: Yash Patnaik, Mamta Patnaik

Director: Wilson Louis

Release: 2009

Story:

Hundreds of years ago witchery/witchcraft was practiced heavily in Europe, Africa and Asia. It has been found that between 11th and 19th century as many as 9 million (90 lac) women, suspected witches with supernatural powers, were mercilessly killed in these regions. In India, eastern and northern India had witnessed many incidents of witchcrafts and witch-hunts. Every such incident had a story. Kaalo's story is inspired by one such folktale about a Witch named Kaalo who used to sacrifice young nubile girls for her immortality.

Kaalo was a witch who lived in Kulbhata during the 18th century. She was killed and buried by angry villagers for sacrificing young nubile girls to satisfy her greed for immortality, but her fear lived on. Years later villagers spoke of Kaalo's sightings yet again. They claimed she was even more angry and dangerous... And she was back to finish what she left incomplete.. Kulbhata was vacated overnight by scared villagers.

All roads leading to Kulbhata were sealed by horrifying tales of Kaalo killing anyone who dared to enter Kulbhata' Until a bus carrying eleven passengers on its way to Kuldevi had to pass through Kulbhata.

One of the passengers on the bus was a twelve-year-old girl named Shona who was traveling alone to spend her vacation at her grandmother's house in the neighboring village.

Shona was clever, witty and cheerful. She soon became the life of the journey. Everyone loved her endearing manners. Especially the reclusive and reticent Sameer, who was traveling with a bag loaded with gun powder to blast a small hillock which would give way to a water canal for his drought hit village.

Badly disfigured and thirsty for blood, Kaalo could smell the girl from miles away' and headed straight for the bus'

She would kill everyone who came in her way' She had to have the girl anyhow'

When the passengers realized they were staring into death everything changed' From being the life of the journey, Shona became their very reason for dying..

Everyone wanted her out of the bus' Some even used her as a bait to lure Kaalo away from themselves' Human relations changed as people fought for their survival'

One man stood upto Shona'

For Sameer it didn't matter if Kaalo was a creature or a witch'

All he knew was that he has to protect Shona'. And time was running out!

OKAY NOW YOU GUYZ MUST BE THINKING WHY I POSTED THIS HERE. YAAR CAST LIST TO DEKHO...

Cast :

Swini Khara - Shona

Aditya Srivastav - Sameer

Paintal - ...

AB SAMAJH GAYYE? ABHIJEET IS IN A NEW MOVIE. N THAT TO A HORROR MOVIE WHERE HE PLAYS THE HERO😳

www.kaalo.in

TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4XZuoBEUcU

Edited by Panchi-fanRamya - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-De.De- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Haaye..😍 Would love to see this film, especillay my Abhi in it!😍
Thankyou for info
priya_sparsha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

OMG! OMG! OMG! Its Abhi as a main lead actor!!!!!!!

When is this movie going to release?😊 me dying to see it although, I'm too scared to watch a horror movieπŸ˜”πŸ˜† 

But anything for Abhi!πŸ‘πŸΌ

& thanks for the article😊
Edited by priya_sparsha - 14 years ago
arabian_love thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
oh thanks dear Ramya 😳 for the info πŸ˜ƒ
luna_lovegood thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I saw a promo on UTUBE... and u see this will be a movie to watch for as the actors are all theatre artists..

Oh I so much wanna see this... i got this really strong feeling that the movie is gonna be great... oh please temme when's it releasing..
AlexithyMia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
woww its on u tube already? i never found its trailer. well i'll see πŸ˜ƒ
shruti4_u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
which date is the movie releasing?? the movie has a page on facebook too
shruti4_u thumbnail
Everyone part of facebook... please PM me..
there the film maker of this movie replies if u write on the movie's wall.. and I did and he replied...

now I asked him if he could get Abhi on fb.. so we could talk to him.. lets see what he says.. and I was wanting if u all are there.. it will just add to the fun and impact.. we can all request... and God knows we chat with Aditya tomorrow??
-De.De- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OMG.. thankyou for trailer. I can't wait to see this film!! πŸ˜ƒ

Abhi - You the man!😎πŸ₯³

shruti4_u thumbnail
me tooo.. I wanna watch the 2 Abhi movies NOW