ANGREJI BABU DESI MEM (AK/MS)SEP-24/Pg-18/NOTE

vamita thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi Friends,
      Starting a new ff. I have written a couple of them before but a long time back....If you like it...I will continue in a few days......Many of you already know me by the name of mitu. I lost my password and had to take a new login....

Hey sweet mittal, bheegi, pallavi and vallanki...........Nice to see you all with so many new ff. I am loving them........I just started reading some of them, since my elder son started his school......Will surely be back regularly now that I have lots of time.

Lots of love to all.
Mitu

KHANNA FAMILY

Angad Khanna ' 21, Born and bought up in America. Loves American culture and doesn't bother with Indian traditions'.He loves his family a lot'.Wonderful in academics and skipped two classes to jump forward and had just completed his masters in Business Management with excellent academic performance at this early age. He has very high dreams and has lots of job offers in his hands.

Naina Khanna ' Good wife and mom, but allows her children to live their life, without interfering'..Though believes in god and attends all Indian functions, but does not force her children to do the same'

Dilip Khanna ' Loves his family and is in a good high position in the company he is working for past 15 years, but wishes his eldest son would at least choose a Indian Girl over American and follow little bit of their traditions.'''He knows his sons are good and not into bad habits or any thing, but still Angad choosing more of American culture over Indian bothers him a little. But his wife has adopted well and keeps calming his nerves when ever he talks to her about it and asks him to let go and let them live as they wish as long as they are not going in wrong direction.

Prithvi Khanna ' 20, Graduated in Arts recently. Good son. Loves any thing which is related to India'.A very good singer since childhood and famous at Indian Society of Virginia, for his active participation. His best friend is Shabd Sareen.

Shabd Sareen ' 20, Just recently Graduated with honors in Business Management, in the same University as Prithvi's. Prithvi's college friend and a loner. Is quite close to Khanna family since college days. Lost his parents in flight accident 3 Years ago, but is quite wealthy due to insurance money he got, after he turned 18. He bought a small house near to Prithvi's on Dilip's insistence, so they stay close and keep in touch and can come to house whenever he feels lonely. Doesn't go to Indian Society much, but goes there with prithvi for his programs.

SHARMA FAMILY

Suryabhan Sharma ' A very traditional hindu Brahmin, who belives in his tradition and follows all the rituals and festivals strictly at home. Trained his children in the same direction. He came from a small town near Mathura. Is a State Bank Manager and has been transferred to US recently, after lots of request from his son to do so. He has been avoiding this transfer for a long time, as he was unsure of the changes he would have to make in his lifestyle and due to the impact it would make on his daughters'.. But son's love took over at last and he decided to take up the offer for 3 years and move to US, near his son. Hated to leave his daughter Mahi in India, but Kripa his second daughter, twin of Mahi has come with them. He treated his sons and daughter equally and gave them all the chances to fulfill their wishes, concerning to their educations.

Gayatri Sharma ' Loves her husband and children and follows all traditions as per Suryabhan's wish. Is proud of her daughters Mahi and Kripa as well as her son Pratham and his wife.

Mahi Sharma ' 19, Is doing Hotel management course in Bombay and is in her last year and will finish her course within couple of months and will be joining Sharma family. She is 6 Minutes elder to Kripa and keeps reminding Kripa of the same. Has been living in Bombay alone for past 4 years and is quite modern. Her dad had disapproved about her dressing style, but she promised him that she would always wear decent clothes and pacified her way for him to agree.

Kripa Sharma ' 19, Did her Education in Singing and now is thinking of taking classes. She wanted to go for singing career in Bombay, may be in movies if she was lucky, but Suryabhan was against it and instead asked her to teach children as teaching meant spreading your knowledge and Kripa agreed without a word. He was even ready to buy her a land and construct a school with the money he had from the ancestors land. She was more of traditional sort of girl and never tried to wear any thing but traditional dresses, and never dis-respected her parents or went against their wish, even if mahi had asked her to go for her dreams and come to Bombay and try for the career their, she had stayed back according to her dad's wish. It wasn't as if she was weak or some thing, but she was more matured and thought about her parents and her dearest ones before herself. And for that sentiment she was very much loved by every one. She had consoled her self and was happy with going for teaching profession rather than singing. But she had a voice of angel. She had surely supported mahi, when she wanted to go to Bombay for hotel management course and their dad was little bit in a confusion and saw that mahi got her wish.

Pratham Sharma ' 28, Loving brother and a wonderful son. A little strict like his dad and at times little bossy. He is the eldest and is trying to build his own company in US, from last 5 years. Has a lovely wife Gauri who he loved dearly, though they disagreed on many things'.They eventually joined force at the end. Their life was an interesting mix of fighting over silly things, love, care, disagreements and partnership.

Gauri Sharma ' A dutiful wife and personal assistant to Pratham in his work. Loves Mahi and Kripa very much, like her own sisters, as she has no family of her own. Excited to know that her inlaws are moving to US with them. And often stands up for what is right. Doesn't likes it when Pratham boses around and makes sure he understands that.
Edited by vamita - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Smileyface thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
hey great character sketch....looking forward to the rest of the fanfic...continue soon...and if u cud can u plz pm me whn u update...thanksss and great job again
Live.Laugh.Love thumbnail

Hey, great character sketch, cant wait for you to start it. I am glad its a AK ff, barely anyone writes about them now. I hope you update soon. 😊

vamita thumbnail

CHAPTER -1

We see a flight landing at the US, EWR Airport…..Kripa, looking outside excitedly. She was stepping into a whole new world other than what she was used to. It was scary as well as exciting. She was looking forward to this change. She will surely miss her nest, her country, her friends, but her excitement took over her grief as soon as she saw the flight landing at the airport. She would see her brother after 2 full years. He had been busy setting up his company and his company was growing very well since last two years and he was quite successful. Her parents as well as she and Mahi were very proud of him, of course Gauri Bhabhi was the main one, who supported Pratham bhaiya, in every difficulty he had faced. He had so wanted to come to India to meet them, but was not able to take out time from his developing business.

He had talked with his parents over and over again, to take the transfer with the bank which it was offering and come and stay with him for few years and if they don't want to settle then they can go back. But her dad had avoided the subject till last couple of months, when Pratham had blackmailed them, saying that he will just walk away from his business and come and live with them, if they are not ready to come here. That did the trick, Suryabhan though strict with his traditions was aware of the competitive world and the struggle his son had gone through for past 5 years to raise his company. He did not want his son to leave every thing he had made of himself, just for their sake. He knew that his son missed them and so did they. He was looking forward to the day when Mahi would join them as well and once again they all would stay together. That was the reason he grabbed the opportunity. If he knew Mahi well, she would have opted to work for a good hotel or would have wanted to do some thing more for her career. Pratham had asked her to come there, so she could have more wonderful opportunities and Mahi had agreed within a minute.

He wanted to wait for 2-3 more months though, till Mahi completed her education, but his boss could not delay the matters as there was a position available in Virginia open for him, which had to be filled soon. Mahi had assured him that she will be there the moment her exams were over and asked them to go ahead. She even booked the flight for herself, as she already had the visa taken with her parents. While leaving from Bombay, Suryabhan and Gayatri gave her earful of instructions and kept on telling her what to do and what not to, till mahi had burst out saying that it was 10th time they were telling her the same thing and she knew how to take care of herself and she had been doing that for past 4 years. They had just sighed and hugged her and she hugged them back saying that she would be alright and will be with them soon. They bid tearful byes at last, but asked Mahi to stay at the hostel and not to come to airport to send them off. Mahi had agreed reluctantly, making faces at Kripa and Kripa could not do any thing but laugh at Mahi and her frustration. Both sisters just hugged each other with a promise to reunite soon and were really looking forward to it. 4 years of separation had really costed them a lot emotionally. But even though twins, they had their own dreams to pursue.

The plane at last landed and slowly one by one the passengers began to get down. Kripa took her bag as well as her moms and got down. After immigration and other formalities she was waiting for her bag, when a large hand became besides her to grab the luggage. She looked back angrily, at the way the man ignored her presence talking on the phone with his goggles and hat on, almost covering his face and pulling his case. Suddenly he looked at her, and her angry face, and mumbled a slow sorry and was out of her way as quickly as he had come. Kripa just shook her head and kept looking for her luggage, dismissing the man. Suryabhan was standing a few feet before her, but was busy tracking there luggage anxiously. Soon enough there luggage had arrived and they were on there way out. As soon as they came out, they saw Pratham standing there waiting for them. The moment Kripa saw him, she ran to him and hugged him tightly, laughing and crying all at the same time. It felt so good to see him. She had missed him so much. They were very close to each other. He had been her anchor as well as supporter for most of her life…

P: It is wonderful to see you sis……he murmured looking at her with moist eyes…..Then he looked at her and smiled……Vow look at you. You look even prettier than the last time I saw you. Why couldn't you be the little girl I once knew? Now I have to look up for you and our bull head sister to keep the guys away, keeping my business aside, ……..he chided making Kripa blush and slowly wiping her tears as well as blinking back his own. He kissed her forehead affectionately and patted her back and hugged her once more..….Hope Gauri can handle the business, when I am out to shoo the boys…. he said with a wink making her even redder..….Suryabhan frowned a little at his statement but then forgot all about it when Pratham touched his feet and hugged him…. Gayatri chuckled and hugged him too and soon enough they were on there way to there new home.

K: Vow…nice car she said looking around the vehicle…..after they started on the road.

Pratham just smiled looking through the mirror at his little sis……….

It was a long 5 hour drive and they stopped couple of times for freshening up and having some breakfast…….Gayatri and Suryabhan were busy talking to Pratham about his work and every thing else…..Mean while Kripa dozed off for a while and at last they reached their new home…….

Pratham had just recently bought the house here as his business was quite spread here in East coast….He was a software developer with MBA degree and now had few major contracts from worlds leading companies and had hired nearly 400 people till date for those projects. He had set up his office in Virginia as it is nearer to New York as well as less expensive. Some people he had hired from overseas were Indians along with his class mates and some were locals…He was very good at what he did and his clients were all very happy with his dedication, timely deliveries and support thereafter. His staff was also happy with his thoughtfulness and good attitude. He was soft when it came to general matters of his staff and was strict when it came to business and expected his staff to dedicate their quality service while they worked for him. He was even admired at the Indian society for the struggle he had gone through this past year and how he had raised the company all on his own within such a short time.

Pratham and Gauri attended many of the festivals and functions in Indian society and had good friends. They even contributed for voluntary work whenever needed.

As soon as the car stopped in front of the house, the door flew open and Gauri came running towards the car and opened the door for Gayatri laughing and crying at the same time. Gayatri hugged her daughter in law lovingly and kissed her forehead with tears in her eyes too. She had looked after Gauri since she was 16 years old. Gauri's mom was her close friend. She was a widow as Gauri's dad was in military and had been killed in the riot and then her mom had been diagonised with lung cancer and died when she was 16. But Gayatri had promised her that she will take care of Gauri and she had done it.

At 21 Gauri was married to Pratham, as per Suryabhan and Gayatri's wish and even Pratham liked her very much. He was 23 at the time and had moved to US immediately. Now after 5 years, he knew that he couldn't be where he was without Gauri and he loved her very much and so did Gauri. Gayatri knew that Gauri had loved Pratham since the day she had come to live with them. She could see it in her eyes. Today she was really happy that every thing went so well and they were happy together. Kripa came out and joined in the hug with them and Gauri was just too excited to see everyone at once.

K: Hi Bhabhi………she said kissing Gauri's cheek and hugging her once again….

G: Hey Beautiful…..you look like angel. She said to Kripa hugging her tightly…..Oh I missed you all so much….Then she went to Suryabhan leaving Kripa and touched his feet. Suryabhan blessed her smiling and patted her back affectionately.

S: How are you beta? He asked her still hands on her shoulders….

G: I am doing good papa…But I missed you all….It feels so nice now that you all are here….I wish Mahi could also have come….

P: Don't worry Gauri….she will be here within couple of months….he said smiling at her…..Gauri nodded and then started talking to suryabhan…

Gayatri looked at Pratham who was looking at Gauri affectionately, with a smile on his face and a little sadness in his eyes, when he noticed her eyes on her, he looked at her. Gayatri raised her eyebrows and pratham just shook his head and started unloading luggage. Today he knew how much Gauri had missed being with family. Her happiness today, had no limits and his respect for her grew even more. She had not uttered a word till now. She had always supported him in all ups and downs. Some times she would look outside the window and just sit there for hours thinking, while he was busy with work. She had never complained about his late hours and always been there when he needed her.

They took there luggage Inside. The house was wonderful and big, with 5 Bedrooms in all. He and Gauri shared a room, They took Gayatri and Suryabhan's luggage in the bedroom which was on the ground floor itself so that they did not need to go up and down all the time. While Gauri told them where everything was, Pratham took Kripa to her room, on the next level. Her room was very much big with lots of windows overlooking wonderful lawn and garden and a house on the other side of the fence.

She was delighted to see wonderful big bed with lots of pillows and silk bedsheet. It was every girls dream room. She and Mahi had a room which they shared in Mathura, which she was using it alone for last 4 years. But it was very small, with only one window and two beds, a desk and small wardrobe. And it was quite old too. This was so different than that.

K: Vow bhiaya, this is so wonderful…..

P: You like it?

K: Like it? She asked amazed….I love it….This is just amazing….she exclaimed looking around again….Pratham laughed….when she came and hugged him…..Thank you so much….

P: Hey this is your house. Did some thing change this past 2 years…..Why so many formalities….Thank you and blah blah blah….This is all yours sis…. He said making faces….Kripa just nodded shyly….So how have you been Kripa? Mahi told me you wanted to pursue singing career, but dad did not want you to go for it? he asked seriously…

Kripa just looked away for a second….then smiled a little…..

K: Yeah, but it's ok. I like his idea about taking classes…

P: If you want I will talk to him…May be we can…

Kripa shook her head…

K: No bhaiya…I am happy about his decision…If I would have gone to pursue my dream, then I wouldn't have been here with you all…and I want to stay here till….She bit her toungue….she was going to tell that till she get married….Yeah she dreamt about her prince charming and all…..and knew that her dad would surely start looking for one in near future…..

Pratham laughed…

P: You are very eager to leave us Kripa….What's the matter…did you find some one there in India….he asked frowning…his brotherly concerning over taking….Kripa turned red….

K: Pratham Sharma….she shouted embarraced….Pratham raised his eyebrows…she had never called him by the name….and then to his amazement Kripa punched his chest….It is nothing like that….she said shaking her head angrily….Now go away…I need to freshen up….she said angrily….

P: Hey cool down sis….Vow….your temper has grown as much as you have…he laughed, which made Kripa even madder…He was amazed….at her new personality…She was a very shy girl before, but now he could see a independent and self confident women in her… and a loving heart in that …..It was just the reminder about how much he has missed ….

G: Pratham, why is Kripa angry? Gauri asked coming inside the room looking at Kripa and then at him….Have you both started your fight. For God's sake, you have met her after 2 long years…..She said frowning and looking at him disapprovingly….Pratham just rolled his eyes and sighed and went out…

P: You girls are just insane….he muttered…

As soon as he was gone, Gauri just shook her head…..and went and patted her back….

K: He is just impossible…..She muttered….Gauri laughed a little at that, but did not ask her what the matter was….She knew whatever it was, Pratham was very close to his sisters…and she never interfered in there matters…They had a special bond together…..It really looked sweet seeing them fight though….

G: Never mind him Kripa….you go and freshen up and I will heat the lunch….Go on come quickly…..She gave her a little push towards bathroom…

Kripa turned around slowly….she was surprised that Gauri bhabhi did not ask what the matter was….She never did…but knew the reason and she loved her bhabhi for that…..

K: He was asking me seriously if I had found some one who I love in India. As if I could with two Military Major's around me…she said rolling her eyes and closing the bathroom door behind her….Gauri laughed at the thought….and went out….

Soon enough all of them joined for the lunch together…..Suryabhan had already finished his bath and puja by the time everyone came down. He was happy to see a separate puja room with beautiful Krishna Radha Idol in it….He did all his rituals and puja and gave Prasad to everyone….Then before they started there lunch, Pratham made a big announcement. Gauri and he were expecting there first baby…….Kripa just screamed of joy and went and hugged the very shy Gauri and Suryabhan and Gayatri blessed them happily….They were expecting there first grandchild soon.

vamita thumbnail

Originally posted by: Smileyface

hey great character sketch....looking forward to the rest of the fanfic...continue soon...and if u cud can u plz pm me whn u update...thanksss and great job again

Thanks Smileyface.....Hope you like the ff too..
vamita thumbnail

Originally posted by: Live.Laugh.Love

Hey, great character sketch, cant wait for you to start it. I am glad its a AK ff, barely anyone writes about them now. I hope you update soon. 😊

Thanks LLL...

The only serials I saw are these three whose characters I am representing....But I love AK ff a lot....
love_KYPH thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow another AK ff....
gr8 start....
cont soon...
vamita thumbnail

Originally posted by: nehasfan

wow another AK ff....
gr8 start....
cont soon...

Thanks nehasfan
vamita thumbnail

Thanks deeya
vamita thumbnail
CHAPTER – 2

Everyone sat there chatting for the whole day, till it was late and then after light dinner, all of them went to their own rooms and called it a night……

Gauri was still smiling when she came out of the shower, wiping her face. Pratham was resting on the bed and looked up at her when she emerged. She was in her own thoughts and Pratham just kept looking at her lovingly. When after all her everyday rituals were done, she came near the bed and sat down with a sigh…..She did not know she was this tired till now…….She touched her aching back to massage it a little….but Pratham was one step ahead. He came from back and rested his face in the crook of her neck and shoulder, kissing her while his hands where there on her waist and back, massaging it expertly…..Gauri sighed in pleasure…His touch made her heart leap and the hands which were massaging her gave her immense relief…..They stayed there without a word for long time…..That is when Pratham spoke….

P: You happy?

G: Hmm….very much….Thanks pratham….she said dreamily and was sleeping peacefully soon. Pratham laid her down slowly with out disturbing her and kissed her forehead and covered them both with blanket. He went close to her and with a protective arm on her slept peacefully….His life long dreams were all coming true now……

Almost a week passed by now and everyone was very much settled in there routine….Suryabhan had also started his office within 2-3 days….Pratham and Gauri had their company to run, but Gauri stayed at home and worked only for couple of hours from their home office….Gayatri took responsibility of kitchen, inspite of Gauri's protest….But Gauri helped her and enjoyed Gayatri's motherly concerns and pampering….

Kripa loved the garden and kept herself busy with watering plants and doing other small house hold jobs. But she was soon finding it difficult to pass her time….She wanted to do some thing….She was missing her friends…She found it a little different the streets here were all empty, unlike India…where it was difficult to find some peace even at the night….and after living there for so long…it was the silence which bites worst….And the houses were also very much apart to really meet the people, living in there….

Kripa sighed…..and sat down on the sofa and switched on the TV….She wished Mahi was here….Gauri bhabhi spent most of the time around the house, keeping things neat and spent some time in kitchen and office….She was almost 6 years bigger than her and even if they were good friends…..She had all the responsibilities now unlike, before her marriage….she was quite different….Though she was still a good company and wonderful sister in law….she was looking for …she did not know….may be some routine or some thing to ice her future may be….. She was missing the routine she is used to go through….Rush for the school or college in the morning….then come back….going to classes….studying….going over to friends place…..moms constant shouting over her studies….and on and on……She felt like her life had come to a halt after coming here……And now she felt restless thinking about it……Though from a small town, she hardly sat quietly at home….she was constantly out for play, classes or friends and her mom complained about it all the time…..

This couldn't go much longer…..It was still 2 months for Mahi to come and she knew Mahi must have already started to look for opportunities in US, either college or Job may be….She had her dreams…..which she was obsessed with, to make it successful, unlike Kripa, whose only passion was singing…..Oh kripa was famous….she had a voice of an angel…she had performed many times in college competions, funtions, society functins,etc….People have praised her endlessly and her parents were proud of her and very confident that she would get success in what ever she choose to do….Only thing was her dad was afraid that if she went to Bombay to pursue her singing career, she might get so much fame and get lost in the success and fame world, that she might loose her values and family life in between that…..He was not selfish father, but a concerned dad who was afraid of the shinny world outside the small world he has known…..And Kripa was now happy with that……Yeah for some time she felt bad ……but when she thought about it carefully, she knew that she wanted to do it too… After all he was ready to invest all his ancestral properties for her, just so she has the best school for teaching the talent she had to the world….He was ready to spend everything he had so his daughter could not feel that she did not get a chance like her sis to make her career….…She was never a girl who wanted money……..She spent only 1/4th of the money given to her by her dad in college too….She would always save every single penny and buy gifts to people she loved on their birthdays etc..….She had no interest in expensive things or worldly materials…..she was a simple town girl with simple needs…...

Then she heard some one playing guitar on a very old Hindi song….Surprised she went out to see who it was…..She could not see the guy….he was very far from her, but could make out he was Indian too….She wanted to ask about his whereabouts, but stopped herself, as she knew her dad wouldn't like it, if she approached a guy this way. He did not mind her talking to the boys who he knew well, just so they were outside or in front of the elders, or have friendly talk with boys in college, but did not liked college boys or any boys beyond there friend circle, coming home or calling late, etc.

She just stood there listening to the music and enjoying the morning sun, murmuring the song slowly with half smile…..She loved old Hindi songs and remembered the words of many of those songs….Gauri came out and saw Kripa enjoying the music…With a smile, she lifted Kripa with a hand….Surprised Kripa looked at her….

G: Common I will introduce you two…..He is a good singer himself and is famous in our Indian society……She told her while walking….His name is Prithvi Khanna…..And is may be same age as you or may be a year older…not sure…But very lovely and sweet boy…I must say….You need to make some friends here…..

Kripa smiled excitedly…..she always loved to meet the once who love music and she some what felt that she was about to make a good friend today…..

G: Hey Prithvi….

P: Hi Gauri di…..How are you? Then he nodded to Kripa with a smile…Hi….

k: Hi …she said smiling at him…Kripa looked at him…he was good looking…and his voice was warm and affectionate…..He seemed quite friendly too….

G: I am good Prithvi….Sorry if I disturbed you….

P: Nah….just passing my time….

G: But you are very good with your guitar….Meet Kripa, Pratham's sister…

P: Nice to meet u…

Kripa just nodded and smiled….Nice song….she said slowly….

P: Thanks…he said grinning..

G: She is into music herself Prithvi and very talented too…..I can also say one of the best….Has a lovely voice…

P: Really?

K: Red cheeked… she said…..Hope so….not sure about it, but I love music and enjoyed your performance today…
She knew she was talented but still she felt uneasy when People kept on praising her….she did not know how to reply them, and always replied with a simple thank you and a smile

P: Oh….then common let's try a song together….I would love to hear you too….

K: Now…she asked surprised….

Prithvi just shrugged why not…..Since you have enjoyed my performance so much, why not give me the same chance….he said laughing….kidding her….

Kripa blushed a little and looked at Gauri as if asking for permission, she wasn't a shy girl and loved to sing, but still….Gauri nodded with a smile and sat on one of the chairs…..Prithvi started playing the guitar for the song…..Uthe sabke Kadam and asked her to start…..She nodded and started singing with him……In fact when they sang together it was so perfect that Gauri was just speechless…..They sang together as perfectly as one could…..

G: Vow…..I don't have words….You make excellent team….You both are just fabulous she said laughing….

P: You really have a wonderful voice….Prithvi said amazingly…..He was just awestruck by the sweet voice and sweet face like her..…He blushed a little at the turn of his thoughts….Though he had friends who were girls, he never had a girl friend in those terms…….where did you learn to sing like that…he asked leaving the thought aside…..?

K: I did my MA recently in Music…She replied….shyly…

P: I think I will love music even more now…..You must really join our team in Indian society for performing in festivals and functions……It will be our pleasure if you would…

G: That is the reason, I introduced her to u Prithvi…I want you to take her with you so she can have some friends. She has been lonely since she came here ….

P: Sure Gauri di…I will certainly take her….I am going for rehearsals in the evening for the independence day function coming soon…Want to join me in the evening? He asked looking at Kripa

Kripa was not sure if Suryabhan would like it or not …..so she hesitated a little and did not know what to tell…

K: Hmmm…I need to ask my parents...Little amused Prithvi just nodded to her….

P: Well I will come by while I leave for the reharsels and if you wish to come, then you can join me….

Kripa nodded shyly…..

K: Thanks…

P: It is my pleasure….

G: We will go now…..Kripa if you want to stay for a while….But look in Kripa's eyes said some thing else…..We will see you later Prithvi….My mother-in-law is waiting for us…..

P: See ya di….Nice to meet you Kripa…..

K: Nice to meet you too….Bye…

P: Bye…and then they left….

Kripa really wanted to go with Prithvi and make friends, but she hesitated to speak up….Gauri knew what Kripa was thinking….She had lived with sharma's since she was 16 and was well aware of Pratham and papa's possessiveness about Kripa and Mahi….and same went with her……But since they had shifted to US, Pratham was ok with she going for some meetings and mixing up people and had liberated a little….but she knew, that he would not allow kripa to go with boys….he was just stubborn and possessive and protective……But that was because he loved them a lot…...And kripa would not go until they both agree…..

So when they reached home and finished there lunch, Gauri talked to Gayatri about the offer and she agreed immediately, as she was more than enough trust on her daughters and Gauri…..But was concerned about Suryabhan…..if he would agree….Gauri said she will find some way and then she called Pratham and told him to talk to Papa, about letting Kripa go with Prithvi for the reharsels in the Indian academy…..

The first anwswer was exactly what she expected…..

P: No….I am doing no such thing…..We will go together this weekend and she can make friends then….There is no need to go with Prithvi….Besides we just know them from last 3 months and that too we met only 5-6 times…..

G: But that is not true….We have known Prithvi from last 2 years as well as his mom and dad too….and every one in the temple talk about him and praise him a lot…..You can't be this stubborn Pratham…common now.....What is she going to do sitting at home all the time…..You know Prithvi has lots of friends and he loves music just like Kripa….he may help Kripa getting some students to teach Music and kripa will feel more settled once she has some friends her age…..Are you going to just make her sit at home till we find a boy for her and marry her off…..Doesn't she have any dreams….It is so unfair…You yourself were very sad when you knew about kripa's wish and dad's objection. You have lived here from last 5 years….and you know…how it is here….and besides you wanted them to come here and live…..Are you going to lock them both so they don't meet boys now……Don't you trust her to look for herself….

P: I trust her…ok….but I don't trust the boys…..do you get it….Look at her….She is not little any more. …Gauri chuckled at little…..Its not funny….he replied scwoling…

G: You are just being over-protective and possessive….ok fine….I will go today and post a add to get suitable grooms for both Mahi and Kripa. At least after they marry, they might get some freedom and do some thing on there own….Gauri pouted smiling inwardly…..if Pratham was stubborn, she knew how to get him down …..and so she continued till Pratham burst out…

P: Ok…ok…I will talk…I get your point my nani….Now if you keep the phone down….I can call papa and talk to him…

G: You are so sweet Pratham….she said extra sweetly….

P: Just when you get your way….he said pretending to be angry and kept the phone down….Gauri laughed at that and looked at his photo besides her bed….Love ya…come soon…..she said kissing his photo….

K: Vow Bhabhi….Bhaiya has left you just in the morning, and you are already missing him….She said walking in the bedroom….

G: Just laughed…..You will know one day….what it is like to love some one…..

K: Hmmm….may be…

G: Come on I will show you our photos…

K: Sure….

Here Pratham called Suryabhan and talked to him about Prithvi and Indian society and everything…..He did not mention that Prithvi wanted to take Kripa with him though….

P: Papa, I think Kripa should go and make friends there…..There are lots of girls her age and our neighbout Prithvi knows them all….She might get some people to teach music and take classes or some thing…..If you are ok, then I will ask Prithvi to take her with him…..and introduce her to some people….

There was some silence and then Suryabhan agreed and asked him to do what ever he thinks is good for Kripa…..Gauri was happy to hear about it and told the good news to Kripa…..

Off you go now Kripa….Change and go with Prithvi…he will be here any minute….

K: Oh thank you bhabhi….thank you so much….Kripa said happily….