Users

Frequent Posters

SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 14 years ago

Hi friends,

RAJEEV KHANDELWAL
[15 Jul 2009]
'I am not returning because never made an exit.

When I was quitting my tv shows, there were enough of detractors laughing at me. But after 'Aamir' worked, they were silenced.—RAJEEV KHANDELWAL'

-- k k rai

Link:

Surya.Ravi thumbnail

TV star shocks on 'Sach ka Saamna'!

Did you fear that you were turning into

Urvashi Dholakia on the sets of 'Sach Ka Saamna'
an alcoholic?

Were you expelled from college as you got pregnant while being a minor?

Did you ever have an affair with a married man?

Known to lead her life in her own terms, television's most beautiful and multi-talented actor, Urvashi Dholakia faces the heat with Rajeev Khandelwal as she unravels secrets of her life as a young single mother, her relationship with her friends and co-stars on Sach ka Saamna.

The show gets viewers privy to some shocking revelations from Urvashi as she takes the hot seat to face 21 gruelling questions about her life in front of her mother Kaushal Dholakia and her best friend Shanela.

Urvashi battles through personal questions and forms a very comfortable relationship with Rajeev due to their past working relationship. But a few disclosures shared by Urvashi even gets her best-friend to react in a very nervous manner. While a few answers also got Rajeev stumped!

As she clears levels, the questions get edgier and the show gets more mesmerizing with Urvashi's past catching up. Throughout the show, Rajeev catches Urvashi and her mother communicating with their eyes. The lady has always been Urvashi's pillar of strength.

Will Urvashi's mother support her through these personal questions and shocking revelations? What made Urvashi shed tears? Will Urvashi speak truth and unwrap her past, which she has been living with till now? Laced with twists and turns actress Urvashi confronts the truth with courage.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ENTERTAINMENT/TV-/TV-star-shocks-on-Sach-ka-Saamna/articleshow/4799525.cms

Edited by sun_423 - 14 years ago
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Star India bets big on Sach Ka Saamna
ASHISH SINHA / New Delhi July 21, 2009, 0:44 IST

With at least 50 episodes planned for the first season of reality show Sach Ka Saamna, the recently launched reality show on Star Plus, Star TV India is hoping to regain its number-one position among the 12 to 13 Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs). This is because the average show ratings of its first three episodes (telecast so far) have made it the second most watched show on the late night time band among the Hindi GECs, says aMap, an overnight ratings agency that tracks viewership ratings.

The average ratings for Sach Ka Saamna in the 10:30 p m to 11 p m timeband for the three episodes stood at 3.1, higher than the corresponding show on Colors but marginally lower to Zee TV, says the aMap data. The TAM data for the last week is awaited. 

Sensing the initial buzz around the show, the broadcaster is said to have delayed launching some of the other reality shows for some time so as to focus on Sach Ka Saamna, say company insiders. 

Sach Ka Saamna is also crucial for the fortunes of Star Plus because based on the weekly gross ratings, the channel has been dislodged from its leadership position among the Hindi GECs for three weeks in a row, a first for the broadcaster in almost a decade. Coupled with that, Star India's financial performance for 2008-09 may have also slipped by 8-10 per cent on the advertising revenue side, as an outcome of overall slowdown and intense competition from rival channels like Colors and Zee TV, say industry experts. 

"The success of Sach Ka Saamna is crucial for Star India's overall performance, else it will continue to witness an errosion in its weekly ratings amidst the intense competition from rivals like Colors and Zee TV," says an industry expert. Both Colors and Zee TV have been at the top position in the Hindi GECs in the last three weeks, while Star Plus has been at number three and number two position, according to gross ratings data provided by TAM Media, the TV ratings agency. 

Commenting on the response the show has generated, Uday Shankar, CEO, Star India said, "Like any new show, we want Sach Ka Saamna to do well. It is an experimental show and it is doing well. We have sold out the airtime on it already." Sach Ka Saamna has got six sponsors including Nokia and Sprite. 

However, big advertisers and media planners have adopted a wait-and-watch policy before looking at buying airtime on the show. "It is indeed a bold show for the Indian sensibilities. While spot buys should not be a problem for the advertisers, I have my doubts if large advertisers will look at a sponsorship association with the show," says Santosh Desai, CEO, Future Brands and an expert on advertising, branding issues. Echoes Anita Nayyar, CEO, Havas Media, a large media buying agency, "Spot buys are a function of the reach and popularity of a TV show. But it is a bold show and can attract large viewership for its bold content." 

The show based on the quiz format has been controversial in most of the 23 countries in which it has been telecasted. In the show, the contestents are asked 21 varied questions about their personal and professional life. The correct answers are determined by the results of a polygraph test done on the contestants before the show is filmed. 

The prize money for correctly answering all the 21 questions is Rs 1 crore. However, in the entire history of the show being aired in 23 countries, no contestnant has won the prize money anywhere. 

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/star-india-bets-bigsach-ka-saamna/364472/

Surya.Ravi thumbnail

I can't speak against Sach-in: Kambli

"I can never say anything against Sachin Tendulkar," says Vinod Kambli. Catch a teary-eyed Vinod Kambli as the temperature soars on Sach
Rajiv and Kambli on the sets of the reality show
ka Saamna.

Startling revelations, bold exposes and courageous steps! Vinod Kambli audaciously chooses to bare his life and confront the truth in front of his family members!

Vinod answers some light-hearted and embarrassing questions about his life showcasing the vulnerable side of his personality before Sach ka Saamna host and actor Rajeev Khandelwal on Monday and Tuesday.

As the show progresses, Vinod Kambli continues to answer tough questions with much aplomb. He reveals a softer side to him that his fans have never been privy to. Host Rajeev Khandelwal with his charming personality puts across more personal questions about his cricketing career, his well-known friendship with his comrade of 26 years — the masterblaster Sachin Tendulkar and much more.

The flamboyant and much liked cricketer fields every question with calm and composure. The show brings to the fore the emotional side of Vinod Kambli, that was well concealed by his tough exterior image.

What made Vinod lose control over his emotions, when was asked a sensitive question on Sachin Tendulkar? Will Vinod speak the truth and share his deep rooted grudges, which he has been living with till now? Laced with twists and turns cricketer Vinod Kambli confronts the truth with utmost courage.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ENTERTAINMENT/TV-/I-cant-speak-against-Sach-in-Kambli/articleshow/4799565.cms
Surya.Ravi thumbnail

Khandelwal tells the truth...Interview with the 'Sach ka Saamna' host

Rajeev Khandelwal is back on television with a bang. He is hosting one of the biggest shows ever on television, 'Sach Ka Saamna'.

Khandelwal tells the truth...Interview with the Sach ka Saamna host

The actor initially was not too keen on accepting the offer but discloses that it were the clippings of the original show ('Sach Ka Saamna' is an adaption of an international acclaimed show called 'Moment of Truth') that prompted him to sign on the dotted line.

He had earlier hosted a few episodes of another game show 'Deal Ya No Deal', on Sony which apparently wasn't critically up to the mark. Surprisingly the host is a shy conservationist and it needs persuasive skills to draw him out. The reticent actor talks about his alleged affair with Aamna Shariff, his current love interest and his new avatar (host).

Excerpts:

You never really accepted the truth about your alleged link-up with a popular television actress?
I never denied anything as there was actually nothing then. I am man enough to accept and admit my relationship. You must have read recent reports where I have accepted my relationship.

What prompted you to host this show?
The concept of the show charmed me and thus I accepted it. Like any other ambitious guy I would not like to miss anything challenging, exciting and unusual. I want to make sure that when I look back at my work I should be proud of my achievements. I want to do shows which are not just run-of-the-mill kinds.
I wasn't ready to host this show till I became aware of the concept. Babu (Siddharth Basu) has called me up and offered me to host a show. My immediate reaction was that I have the time to do the show. I saw the DVD of the international show and told myself that if ever I have to host any show then it has to be this. I feel so proud to be a part of this show.

Were there any contractual limitations from your film producers?
Yes, there were certain initial hiccups. They didn't want the look of my second film 'Peter Gaya Kaam Se' to come out. I just requested them to watch the series of the DVD that Babu has given me. After watching the CD they gave me the go-ahead to do the show. The look though in the movie is completely different. Here I am trying to push my locks back with the help of gel to look decent and composed. Whereas, in the movie its all the more wild.

http://entertainment.in.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3112538
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Govt. brings Sach Ka Saamna to task
Friday, July 24, 2009, 9:24 [IST]
By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee

After the much hyped furore in the Rajya Sabha over the alleged obscene content in the television show Sach Ka Saamna, the government has finally brought it to task. The Government slapped a show-cause notice on broadcaster Star Plus for offending good taste and decency. It also said that the obscene content being shown is not suitable for unrestricted public viewing.
I&B Minister Ambika Soni has called a meeting with broadcasters' bodies Indian Broadcasting Federation and Broadcasters Association at to discuss the issue. Soni had so far favoured self-regulation by the broadcasters over an imposed content code. But with the regular breach in self regulation by many broadcasters the government is being forced to bring in a content code.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news/2009/govt-sach-ka-saamna-240709.html Edited by sun_423 - 14 years ago
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
HC adjourns hearing on 'Sach Ka Samna' TV show
Posted: Friday , Jul 24, 2009 at 1208 hrs
New Delhi:
The Delhi High Court adjourned the hearing on the controversial TV serial 'Sach Ka Samna', a game show where contestants are asked a series of prying questions.
A single-member Bench of Justice Sanjiv Khanna referred the matter to a Division Bench headed by Chief Justice A P Shah. The matter will come up for hearing on July 29.
During the proceedings Justice Khanna observed that the two petitions seeking a stay on the telecast of 'Sach Ka Samna' are of public interest and that should be heard by the chief Justice.
The show is based on America's 'Moment of Truth' in which contestants are asked 21questions, mostly embarrassing as they are personal in nature. Those who pass the polygraph test become eligible to win up to Rs one crore in prize money.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/HC-adjourns-hearing-on---Sach-Ka-Samna---TV-show/493573
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
TV channel gets notice over 'Sach Ka Samna'

NEW DELHI: Hours after the furore in Rajya Sabha over the'Sach Ka Samana' broadcast by Star Plus, government on Wednesday issued a

show cause notice to the TV channel.

The Information and Broadcasting Ministry, which issued the notice, has sought a reply from the channel by July 27.

Ministry sources said the notice has been issued as the channel allegedly violated the clause 6(1) ADIO of the programme code which says it offends the good taste and good decency.

The content of the reality show in question was raised by Kamal Akhtar of Samajwadi Party in the House during the Zero Hour.

He said obscene questions are asked by the anchor of the programme and gave a recent example when a woman was asked in the presence of her husband whether she would have physical contact with another person.

When she said no, the polygraph test said the answer was wrong, Akhtar said asking what impression would be created on the husband.

Meanwhile, I&B Minister Ambika Soni has called a meeting of NBA and IBF to discuss the issue of regulation of content in electronic media post Mumbai terror attacks.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4808746.cms
Surya.Ravi thumbnail

'Sach Ka Saamna' has run into trouble

SHILPA BANSAL , TNN 26 July 2009, 12:00am IST

Hours after the furore in the Rajya Sabha over the reality show Sach Ka Saamna, the Information and Broadcasting ministry issued a show cause
A still from Sach Ka Saamna More Pics
notice to the TV channel that airs the show.

Ministry sources said the notice has been issued as the channel allegedly violated clause 6 (1) ADIO of the programme code, under which they consider the show offensive to good taste and decency.

Kamal Akhtar of the Samajwadi Party said obscene questions are asked by the anchor (Rajeev Khandelwal), citing the episode in which a woman was asked whether she would have a physical relationship with another man. All this while her husband and other family members looked on. When she said no, the polygraph test said the answer was wrong, prompting Kamal to wonder how that would make the woman's husband feel.
The channel has to reply to the notice by July 27. When BT contacted the channel's officials, they said they were yet to decide the plan of action. But the show's producer, Siddharth Basu, said, "I don't want to comment on the issue. But we respect the law and will see that everything is resolved. If any changes are required to be made in the show's format, we're ready for that." BT asked industry insiders whether the I&B ministry's action was justified.

Rajan Shahi,
producer, Bidaai

The audience has the remote control and the power to switch channels and watch what they want. It's ridiculous for a bunch of politicians to feel that society will be corrupted because of one show. There's nothing vulgar about Sach Ka Saamna and the show's participants are mature adults who are there of their own free will. Politicians should resolve other issues like crime, the remote for which is not in the hands of the audience.

Ghajendrra Siingh,
producer of game and reality shows

Indians, especially politicians, are hypocrites. We want to do everything, but won't talk about it openly. At least this show provides a platform to those who want to speak their mind and there's an audience that wants to watch it. Politicians want attention and will associate themselves with anything that is being talked about.

Mona Singh, actress
When the judiciary has made gay rights legal, why is there such a hoo-haa about this show? When Indian society has come so far, we should stop saying that we're a conservative country. Such shows are real eye-openers. I'm sure politicians are scared they may be called on Sach Ka Saamna, so they want to ban the show.

Pintoo Guha, producer of various shows on social issues
There are certain channels on which such content is acceptable, such as Splitsvilla and Roadies, which are aired on a music channel. But Sach Ka Saamna gets aired on a family entertainment channel, which is not ok. Producers today have pushed the envelope a bit too far for TRPs.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4819387.cms

Surya.Ravi thumbnail

Now, Shivraj Singh Chouhan opposes 'Sach Ka Saamna'

2009-07-26 20:31:00

Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sunday voiced his opinion against Star Plus's controversial reality show 'Sach Ka Saamna', saying that the programme was 'not in the interest of our society'.

Talking to reporters outside the venue of an official function, Chouhan said: 'The programme is not in the interest of our society and I am personally against its airing. Anything and everything for the sake of earning money is not correct.'

On whether the state government would ban its telecast, Chouhan said: 'Legal opinion would be sought in this matter.'

A Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) legislator, Dhruv Narain Singh had July 24 in the state assembly demanded banning the telecast of the reality show in the state, describing it as against Indian culture and dignity of women.

BJP spokesperson Umashankar Gupta also supported the demand, saying undignified questions were being asked from women contestants during the programme and its impact was bad on Indian families.

http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?a=jh0u5ahgegc&title=Now_Shivraj_Singh_Chouhan_opposes_Sach_Ka_Saamna