SKS: Articles Corner -No Comments

Posted: 14 years ago
This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to the show Sach Ka Samna

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television. Don't post articles from these two above sites on IF.

Please provide link to the article/source.

Don't post any comments out here. They will be deleted by Dev Team.

Regards,
IF Dev Team
'Sach Ka Saamna'… An interview with Rajeev Khandelwal

Rajeev Khandelwal may be busy with his film assignments, but this interesting game show will have him returning to the small screen. No, the actor isn't participating or judging a show, instead he'll be seen hosting Star Plus' Sach Ka Saamna that's based on the international reality game show Moment of Truth.

What made you decide to return to television?
I am not returning to television. I look at it as moving ahead. When Siddharth Basu approached me for the show, I was not sure whether I'll be able to manage it along with my movie schedules. However, Siddharth insisted that I should watch the CD that he had brought along before taking my decision. The moment I saw the CD that had some episodes of Moment of Truth, I decided that I have to be a part of this. Anything that's challenging excites me. I believe in following my heart and doing what inspires me.

If you had not been the host, would you have participated in the show?
The day I decide to shun my public life, I would be on the show. We try to guard our personal lives so fiercely. That's the reason I salute the contestants who aren't sacred of revealing their secrets on television.

Is it difficult to stay emotionally detached as a host?
At times it is difficult to stay. I want the contestants to do well. And if there's one thing that I have learnt from this show it's to be non-judgmental. What a person may be divulging maybe shocking, but what one needs to appreciate is the guts to reveal something that's absolutely personal. Facing the truth can be very difficult.

Tell us something about your look in the show…
Since I still have some work left for my movie Peter Gaya Kaam Se, I am sporting the same look. The hairstyle remains the same, only I sport a formal look in this show. After sporting an absolutely casual look in Peter…, I am enjoying this too.

What's happening on the film front?
I am about to complete my second film Peter…, and then I'll begin with Return Gift that will be directed by Saurabh Narang. I am happy that I am getting the kind of roles that I want to do.

Contestant alienates family in Sach Ka Saamna
Monday, July 13, 2009, 11:18 [IST]

One of the contestants in Sach Ka Saamna has dared to make it up to the level four and earned Rs.25 Lakhs, by alienating his family members for the greed of making a quick buck. Sach Ka Saamna is a show that makes a contestant answers the questions in front of their family and friends, questions that are extremely personal and embarrassing; if they are revealed in-front of everyone. The contestant has the option to leave, or tell their hidden feelings; the real truth that is bound to break many hearts. This intense reality show tests the contestant's greed for money over relationships.

Buzz up!
According to our sources, "This contestant dared to reveal several truths of his life only because he somehow wanted to convey it to his parents. He really had some grave truths to reveal." "He quit after winning 25 Lakhs because he did not want to play for money anymore. He only played the game for his dear ones," adds the source. Contestant can quit at any stage and take the money they have earned and go home. Maximum amount that can be earned is Rs. One crore.

Desi-version of 'Moment Of Truth' has subtly become a platform to make confessions. Wonder if people are taking the game seriously or just playing agony aunt. Are the audiences game for something like this when the world is full of lies and double standard? But most of all, the million dollar question remains; can an honest person worth Rs. One crore be found on the show.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news/2009/sach-ka-saamna-family-130709.html
War of reality shows on TV this week
Shuchi Bansal / New Delhi July 12, 2009, 0:41 IST

Hindi entertainment television channels have opened the sluice gates for reality shows. Beginning Monday, a slew of new non-fiction shows will hit the idiot box.

If Sony from Multi Screen Media will air Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bacchao with 10 celebrities in a Malaysian rainforest, Star Plus plans to put common people on the hot seat for Sach Ka Saamna.

The programme is based on Moment of Truth, a popular Fox Productions reality show which has been licensed to several television channels across the world.

On July 11, UTV's Bindass launched the second season of Dadagiri, while Rakhi Ka Swyamvar on NDTV Imagine has completed two weeks. Colors plans the second season of its popular reality shows, Khatron Ke Khiladi and Big Boss, in the next few months.

Of course, different channels have different reasons for pushing reality TV. For Star, the new financial year begins in July and it has a fresh, unutilised programming budget to tap in to.

Besides, the channel needs to prop up its declining gross rating points as well as reclaim its lost leadership position (last week, the channel was placed third after Colors and Zee). At 10.30 pm from Monday to Friday, Sach Ka Saamna will challenge Colors' successful fiction show, Uttaran. Sony's reality show is a part of its revamp plan which saw it unveil a host of fiction shows earlier.

The sudden attack from rivals on the 10 pm and 10.30 pm bands hasn't bothered Colors CEO Rajesh Kamat who said that reality shows bring in new audiences and do not dent the loyal viewership of fiction shows. Still, reality shows do create a buzz around the media brand. "If done well, they also draw in a disproportionate number of audiences and, therefore, advertisers," Kamat said. Little surprise, Colors plans to start the second season of its blockbuster reality shows only when advertisers decide to loosen their purse-strings closer to the festival season which will begin in September.

Star Plus is banking on Sach ka Saamna to shore up its advertising revenue, which has dropped by 10 to 15 per cent. Star India Executive Vice-president (marketing) Anupam Vasudev did not divulge the numbers but admitted that revenue is under pressure.

The new programme, produced by Synergy, is "Star's experiment with a new genre of adult entertainment," said Vasudev. Sach Ka Saamna features people who have to answer 21 questions ranging from the simple to the complex, exploring their deeply personal relationships and thoughts, before an audience including their family members. If the questions are answered truthfully ? there's a polygraph test to ascertain that ? the contestant wins Rs 1 crore.

Vasudev said that unlike Moment of Truth, the questions have been designed keeping Indian sensibilities in mind. "Some questions will be edgy though. The Indian society is at the cusp of change and it can take such entertainment," said he. Agreed Shailaja Kejriwal, head of programming at NDTV Imagine: "It's good to see variety in reality TV. It's a pleasant change from the song and dance shows which have gone on for too long."

Though entertainment channels appear to focus more on non-fiction, the fact is that of the programming on a TV channel, reality comprises barely 10 to 15 per cent of the total.

Also, channel and programming heads said that unless a reality show uses a top star (Shahrukh Khan or Salman Khan), the cost isn't too high. "Though it is shot in Udaipur, the cost of producing Rakhi Ka Swyamvar is tightly under control," said Kejriwal.

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/warreality-showstv-this-week/363636/

Only the truth: Sach Ka Saamna

July 13th, 2009 - 10:09 pm ICT by sampurn  

Star Plus with Big Synergy is all set to make the audience come face-to-face with the truth through their new show "Sach Ka Saamna'. This show is an adaptation from an internationally acclaimed show called "Moment of the Truth'.

Rajeev Khandelwal will be seen as the host of the show. "It's very difficult to speak the truth. We have a lie detector which tells us whether a person is lying or not. Though I'm surprised to see that people have the courage to accept truth on national television," he says.

Would you like to sit on this hot seat and go through the sach? "For now I am happily hosting the show. There are many cameras and microphones surrounding me already, so when they are gone, I would definitely come and sit in this hot seat," he adds.

Producer Siddharth Basu says, "This show is for grownups. With its unique format it has the strength to hold the audience and shake them up with the truths that come in light. But while doing so we don't suspend the morality."

Anupam Vasudev, EVP Marketing Star Plus stated, "The international format have worked across the world in 23 different country. The Indian version of Moment of the Truth has its touch which is on the grounds of Satyameva Jayate and I'm sure it will be liked by the audiences too."

So viewers get ready to face the truth with Rajeev from 15 July 10:30 pm.

- Rachana Trivedi/ Sampurn Media

Rajeev gets ready for Sach ka Saamna

Rajeev Khandelwal is all set for his comeback on small screen; he will be seen hosting a show Sach Ka Saamna. Rajeev is very confident about this show.
Rajeev is impressed with the concept of the show and it is said that he accepted this show only because it has very different and at the same time had a very simple concept. He thinks that the show is giving a chance to common people to come out of the guilts of their life, as they will speak about untold truths to their family and closes ones.

In an recent interview with the media he also defended that celebrities would not be comfortable doing this show because they are always under public scanner so it obvious that they will not be there in the show but people can surely connect with common people too who are a part of the show. He thinks after getting to know truths in fact their relation with their family will be strong.

Rajeev had few interesting contestants too which amazed him and he learnt many things from them, he also confesses that he bonds emotionally with contestants. He will guide contestants only but would not like to be in the hot seat ever as he thinks that he is always under scrutiny and he says that if he will reveal everything then what will he have of his own.

Sach Ka Saamna
will start on July 15 at 10.30pm on Star Plus.

Are they ready to face Sach Ka Saamna?
Vandana Shukla & Sonali Joshi/ Hill Road Media

Sach Ka Saamna is all set to start from today. This reality show will be based on the American game show named 'The Moment of Truth' where the contestants answer a series of 21 personal and embarrassing questions to win cash prizes. The questions will keep getting personal at each level. Rajeev Khandelwalwill be hosting the show.

But how comfortable are our small screen stars with this, Indya caught up with some of them?
Showing 1 of 5 images

Vibha Anand
Popular as: Sughna of Balika Vadhu
Is she excited? "The concept seems to be pretty interesting. I will definitely watch the show whenever time permits."
If given a chance, would she come in as a participant? "Yes, why not? But only on one condition? when the questions start getting too personal and I feel embarrassed to answer them, I will quit then and there.

Panchi Bora
Popular as: Prachi of Kayamath
Is she excited? "I am very excited about the show. My sister has seen the American version and she told me about it. By what she told me, the concept sounds really interesting and as something like this is coming in India for the first time, I think people will love it."

If given a chance, would she come in as a participant? "No, I won't like to be a part of the show. It is very tough to be really honest when it comes to your personal life. I am too personal about my personal life and would not like it to be targeted."

Shibani Kashyap
Popular as: Shibani Kashyap, singer
Is she excited? "The concept is very good; in fact I've even seen the original show that is 'Moment of Truth' hence it's a real interesting show."

If given a chance, would she come in as a participant? "I was even approached for the show but I refused because I think the level of questions which they ask are too personal and embarrassing to answer.

Jasvir Kaur
Popular as: Pavitra of Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan
Is she excited? "I have seen the international show; it's a superb concept and I am really impressed by the concept of the show. In fact if I get a chance, I will even watch it."

If given a chance, would she come in as a participant? "I was already called in to come as a friend of one of the celebrities. But still even if I am asked to come as a participant, I won't mind."

Sudha Chandran
Popular as: Ambika of Shubh Kadam
Is she excited? "It's a very good and unique concept and that's the reason I will definitely try my best to follow it."

If given a chance, would she come in as a participant? "I was approached to come in as a participant but I don't think I'll come this time but I'll definitely come in the next season."
True Lies

After his intense performance in Aamir last year, everybody was sure that Rajeev Khandelwal will never return to the small screen. The actor who had shot into the limelight as Sujal from the serial Kahin Toh Hoga was now clearly on to bigger things. But, Khandelwal now resurfaces in another TV role ? this time as a host of a reality show Sach Ka Saamna, the Hindi version of the foreign hit programme called The Moment of Truth.
"I agreed to do TV, only because it was a reality show," explains Khandelwal. Sach Ka Saamna airs on Star Plus from July 15. "In the show, participants are put through a polygraph test and based on their responses proceed to win the Rs one crore cash prize. While quizzing the contestants I can see them going through what I did while playing the character of Aamir a year ago. Aamir was put through intense questioning because of his religion," says the 30-something actor on his visit to Delhi.

He adds that he has spent most of last year shooting for his next, Peter Gaya Kaam Se, in Goa and Mumbai. Directed by a debutant British filmmaker John Owen, the film will see Khandelwal as a taxi driver in Goa who decides to quit his job until a girl walks into his life and changes his destiny. "This is a more romantic and bindaas role and it gives me a change to overcome my inhibitions of doing romantic roles," he explains. The film releases later this year. "There is also Saurabh Narang's Return Gift after that," adds Khandelwal. "I still have to find my comfort level as an actor in Bollywood." Until then, there's always TV.
http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/true-lies/488147/
Rajiv Khandelwal spoted in Rajmachi 3D Anaglyph Stereo Photos

Here is a 3d anaglyph photo of actor Rajiv Khandelwal famous for his serial "kahi to hoga" on star plus and will be featured on upcoming show "saach ka samnaa" serial starting from 15th July.

Here he is seen with my friend Jigar.

limnk: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2009/07/14/stories/2009071452190100.htm

Truth shall set you free and make you richer too
REALITY CHECK.

Our Bureau

New Delhi, July 13 The quest for eyeballs and moolah can lead to the oddest strategies: A lie detector test on TV.

Sachchai Ki Agnipariksha, the latest game show on Star Plus, will be a "game-changing show on Indian television," says Mr Anupam Vasudev, Executive Vice-President, Marketing, STAR India.

Participants, who undergo a polygraph test before the show, will be challenged to admit to some uncomfortable truths in front of the audience on television ("wanted to kill my jobless husband," "wished my mom-in law had been my mother").

Dare tell the truth and win a grand sum of Rs 1 crore. The American version of the format show "Moment of Truth" with its shocking disclosures has been on Star World.

Its Greek version was banned. The Hindi version is to be adapted to Indian sensibilities; nevertheless, the "adult reality" which starts from July 15 has been 'safely' slotted at 10-30 p.m.

Star Plus expects to command a premium on advertising for the show that it is marketing heavily. "It's a tough market, but 65 per cent of general entertainment channels (GEC) advertisers consist of FMCG, telecom and insurance players. All three are growing sectors." says Mr Vasudev.

Actor Rajeev Khandelwal will host the show. "Celebrity hosts are not adding value in the same way they used to. And an audience may be tempted to sample a show, it will not consume or stay with the show because of a celebrity," says Mr Vasudev.

Getting tough

STAR India recently saw itself displaced to the third position in weekly ratings by Viacom18's Colors and Zee TV. The channel is also planning to get tough: Shows that do not deliver in three months and whose story lines do not offer any escape will be replaced. "To be the market leader, we have to be leading every slot," says Mr Vasudev, pointing out that as a network, STAR still enjoyed 16.5 per cent of audience share.