Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bluefalls thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Are you ready for 'Sach Ka Saamna'

Sach Ka Saamna, the Indian version of The Moment of Truth, will be privy to a lot of revelations as the contestants are put on hot seat and asked personal and edgy questions.

We asked actors in the various shows on Star Plus what they think is the real reason behind people appearing on the show ' is it just the prize money or the opportunity to confront the truth that lures them? Here's what they had to say about the show that's all set to go on air from July 15, at 10.30 pm.

Angad Hasija: I think people participate for money, otherwise why would anyone reveal their hidden secrets on national television? If someone really wants to confront their loved ones, they can do it within the close confines of their house, not in front of a live audience!

Karan Mehra: Well, I think it's a mix of both ' money and emotions. Hats off to those who knowing the consequences have the courage and guts to face their family and society! I am looking forward to it.
Hina Khan: It may be money or the willingness to tell the truth, one can't really identify the reason. An individual may not have been able to express himself otherwise, which is why a platform like Sach ka Saamna is perfect for them to tell the truth.

Kinshuk Mahajan: I feel it's partial. 80 per cent would be driven by money while 20 per cent would want to come clean. Sach Ka Saamna seems to be a great opportunity for them. But as an actor, I won't be comfortable sharing personal details on television.

Sara Khan: Hats off to the contestants who have the courage to sit on the hot seat and answer those questions. I feel it depends on what the individual wants ' money or sharing a piece of their lives with millions of people who don't even know them. A show like Sach Ka Saamna will bring in a new genre of reality shows, minus the fake drama and public voting.

Parul Chauhan: I think, both factors are equally important. Every individual has their own reason to participate on the show. Since a contestant knows the questions beforehand, then there is no fear of what is going to happen, you are aware of the things you will be asked.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ENTERTAINMENT-TV-Are-you-ready-for-Sach-Ka-Saamna/articleshow/4769250.cms
Bluefalls thumbnail

Facing the truth

-A +A
Font
Chaya Unnikrishnan Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 1321 hrs IST
PrintEmailNewsletterRSS
Television's posterboy Rajeev Khandelwal is back, hosting Sach Ka Saamna

Why did you choose to host Sach Ka Saamna?
First, it was the different concept of the show and second, the positive impact the show will have on the society, which compelled me to go for it. Generally, game show leads to ugly fights or the contestants being ridiculed, whereas Sach Ka Saamna is the game-show where contestants come on the show to speak the truth. It is the world's simplest game yet the most difficult as one has to speak nothing but the truth to survive through each level. The respect the contestant will garner after speaking the truth will be unimaginable as he no longer is living with the guilt and the burden of white lies.

We've heard that celebrities are not willing to be on the hot seat of Sach Ka Saamna.
Yeah. Look, celebrities are already under the public scanner. They want to safeguard their personal life, so it's difficult for a public figure to be on the show.

Will people be interested in ordinary people baring it all?
I am sure the viewers will connect with them. Ordinary people are far more interesting than celebs. All of us have grey areas in our life. When you see people confessing to their wrongdoings, affairs, crimes etc in front of their families who are right there in the studio, you end up admiring them, their courage to face it and live with it.

What kind of people have been coming on the show?
All kinds of people from a 57-year old housewife to a navy guy. For me as a host, it's been an emotional roller-coaster ride.

Are you shocked at the truths?
I am not shocked but there are times when I tend to be judgemental. There was this guy Sunil Singh (a power yoga instructor) who came on the show. When I read his life story, I couldn't bring myself to believe the things he had done. (Apparently the youngster is not a certified instructor. He took undue advantage by touching girls inappropriately while teaching etc). But when I met him on the show and started questioning him, I was amazed. He confessed to all his wrong doings in front of his parents. The way he tackled the questions, my respect for him went up manyfold. It was an emotional journey for him and us. He was looking for a new lease of life.

Isn't this dangerous? Won't relationships get affected by their confessions?
I don't think so. People actually feel a sense of relief when they face up to the truths. You can't live with a lie all your life. It can lead to depression. This is an opportunity to cleanse your life. Even if relatives get upset, it will be short-lived. Knee-jerk reactions don't have a lasting effect.

As a host, do you guide them?
I don't exactly guide them but yes, I keep warning them about the after-effects and explain the rules of the game.

Will you ever be on the hotseat?
My job does not allow me to be on the hotseat. Even otherwise, as I said earlier, I am under the scanner all the time. And, if I bare it all, what will I have of my own?

Is there any truth to the rumour that you are doing Sanjay Bhansali's Chenab Gandhi?
I don't want to comment on it because I haven't signed anything yet.

What about Return Gift?
It's a UTV Spotboy production. The film is about bureaucracy and has a completely different set-up. Besides that, I have accepted two stories. Peter Gaya Kaam Se has just five days shooting left. It should release by the end of this year.

Do you think your success has paved the way for other TV actors to think big?
It's too early to call me successful. I was part of a film Aamir, which worked. But yes, it has helped remove bias towards actors from any field.

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Sachin didn't stand by me: Kambli (sks)

MUMBAI: One of Indian cricket's most enduring friendships has developed cracks. Vinod Kambli blew the lid on his friendship with Sachin Tendulkar onVinod Kambli and wife Andrea with Sachin's son, Arjun, at a Ranji Trophy match in Mumbai.

According to an insider at the show, Kambli said his childhood chum Tendulkar didn't lend a helping hand during his downward spiral, which was also marked by self-destructive behaviour.

''We are very close… we were very close. He could have done a little more, but he didn't,'' he said in reply to a query on his friendship with Tendulkar during a polygraph (lie detector) test which is part of the show.

The Mumbai southpaw replied in the affirmative when he was asked whether Sachin is embarrassed to accept him as a friend now.

Kambli, 37, who is yet to retire from cricket, also took a massive swipe at the BCCI. ''I always felt discriminated because of my caste and colour by the cricket board,'' Interestingly, all these revelations came during a polygraph test, which every contestant is subjected to. The format of the show is such that the same questions are asked by an anchor in front of a select audience. If the answers don't match, the contestant is disqualified.

Kambli last featured in a Test in 1995 (India vs New Zealand at Cuttack) when he was just 23. The maverick Mumbai left-hander's ODI career, which included nine comebacks, lasted longer as he played his last match in 2000 at Sharjah.

Manoj 'Muntashir', writer of the show which is titled 'Sach Ka Saamna', refused to confirm Kambli's revelations. ''You are talking as if you've watched the episode,'' he said when contacted. ''The whole world knows about Kambli and Tendulkar's friendship. Questions about their friendship are bound to be featured.''

http://latestnews.stanzooblogs.com/?p=8909
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Only the truth: Sach Ka Saamna

Star Plus with Big Synergy is all set to make the audience come face-to-face with the truth through their new show "Sach Ka Saamna'. This show is an adaptation from an internationally acclaimed show called "Moment of the Truth'.

Rajeev Khandelwal will be seen as the host of the show. "It's very difficult to speak the truth. We have a lie detector which tells us whether a person is lying or not. Though I'm surprised to see that people have the courage to accept truth on national television," he says.

Would you like to sit on this hot seat and go through the sach? "For now I am happily hosting the show. There are many cameras and microphones surrounding me already, so when they are gone, I would definitely come and sit in this hot seat," he adds.

Producer Siddharth Basu says, "This show is for grownups. With its unique format it has the strength to hold the audience and shake them up with the truths that come in light. But while doing so we don't suspend the morality."

Anupam Vasudev, EVP Marketing Star Plus stated, "The international format have worked across the world in 23 different country. The Indian version of Moment of the Truth has its touch which is on the grounds of Satyameva Jayate and I'm sure it will be liked by the audiences too."

So viewers get ready to face the truth with Rajeev from 15 July 10:30 pm.

- Rachana Trivedi/ Sampurn Media

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/only-the-truth-sach-ka-saamna_100217521.html
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Rajeev Khandelwal returns to TV with Sach Ka Saamna
Manisha Mahaldar / CNN-IBN

Mumbai: Television star Rajeev Khandelwal - who crossed over to cinema with Aamir in 2008 - is back on the small screen with a new game show called Sach Ka Saamna.

Rajeev will be donning the role of a show host for the desi version of The Moment of Truth. But unlike any of the participants of the show he's hosting, the actor himself would be uncomfortable facing questions about his personal life.

"As a celebrity I wouldn't want to bring my personal life in public, any which way my life is 24 hours under scrutiny, under the microscope. Maybe one day when I am not a public figure then I would like to test myself on the hot seat," he said.

Meanwhile on the film front, Rajeev is all set to wow his fans with his next titled Peter Gaya Kaam Se which will have the actor in a different look.

"The look in the film is wild. I had to tame my locks a bit for the few more shoots left. But while shooting, I haven't combed my hair, did not use any hair products and didn't even see a mirror through out the film," he said.

With one more film to prove himself at the Box Office and a challenging show to host, this certainly looks like it's the moment of truth for Rajeev Khandelwal, professionally.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/rajeev-khandelwal-returns-to-tv-with-sach-ka-saamna/97142-8.html
NidaRajeev thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ready for Sach ka Saamna?

The agnipariksha begins today. Star Plus presents Sach ka Saamna, where contestants will reveal the most difficult truths about their lives in front of their loved ones, in the hope of winning the grand prize of Rs one crore.
Based on the international format, Moment of Truth, which has been successful in 23 countries, the show will be hosted by actor Rajeev Khandelwal and is being produced by Siddhartha Basu's BIG Synergy Adlabs.

Today's show opens with Smita Matai, a research associate working on school curriculum, who makes startling revelations as she moves from one level to another. Though she shows courage and dignity, will Smita be able to answer questions relating to her husband? Will she reveal her darkest secrets? Though it has been re-fashioned keeping in mind Indian sensibilities, Sach ka Saamna promises plenty of drama as contestants test the limits of their honesty and relationships.

Watch the premier tonight at 10.30pm on Star Plus.
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
TV review: Sach Ka Saamna will put Star on the comeback trail
Priya Ramani - Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:50 AM

Trust an Indian television channel to market a risque, daring show as an agnipariksha.

Star Plus' Sach Ka Saamna, which begins tonight, is a fascinating look at the way we really live, behind all our put on hypocrisy and bland exterior selves. Was chatting with a couple of colleagues over coffee and we all agreed that the first half hour in Dev D was the best part of the film. Anurag Kashyap's interpretation of Paro as a regular bold, brash, horny desi girl from Punjab provided stunning insights into the way we actually are. Back then, actress Mahi Gill said she could identify with the character; that it was close to her heart.

Anyway, here's what I wrote about Sach Ka Saamna after seeing the first episode. Don't forget to catch it tonight!

Will Smita Mathai take Star back to No. 1?

She's the epitome of wedded bliss. Today she's dressed in a striking blue sari, this former teacher with a lovely smile (that fades rapidly as you watch her), two children and a husband of 16 years. A Sindhi married to a Christian. She's classic Incredible India. Incredible at hiding the garbage life has shovelled her way. Until, of course, television offered her the chance to win Rs1 crore in exchange for 21 truths about her relationship with her mother, her inner sexual longings and her childhood secrets and jealousies.
Thus far Indian television has never managed to successfully replicate the American-style intimate, confessional chat show format, a genre powered by Oprah Winfrey, arguably one of the world's most influential women. Indians just aren't brought up to confess on prime time television that they were raped by their uncle/neighbour when they were 11, or that they are having affairs with their wives' sisters. Family secrets, we believe, should be buried in the darkest recesses of our emotional selves.

Star India's sensational new show, Sach ka Saamna, the local version of the globally successful Moment of Truth, manages to smash through this barrier with its deceptively simple format. All a contestant has to do is answer yes or no to any question the host asks. Twenty-one right answers and she's a crorepati. A lie detector test, taken prior to the show when the contestant is asked 50 questions, confirms whether the answer is right or wrong. How difficult can that be, right? And how dramatic can it be when she has already answered all the questions that she is going to be asked on the show?

It's tougher than you think. Especially when your family is sitting on the same stage, watching you spill your guts with a simple yes, no, yes, no. "The best part about this show is that you know all the questions and you know all the answers," says Star India's Keertan Adyanthaya. The channel screened people with interesting lives, those who had been through a lot. Adyanthaya says nearly 50% of the contestants backed out when they realized how far they would have to go-some of them quit after the lie detector test. Smita Mathai decided she would stay on.

In the first episode (catch it on 15 July at 10.30pm on Star Plus), she bravely answers many questions, including: Can you forgive your mother for not being there during the birth of your second child? Do you live in fear that your husband will become an alcoholic again? Do you think your mum-in-law was a better mother than your mother? Do you believe your parents love your brother's children more than yours? All this, while her husband, mother and two more family members watch from 5ft away.

And here's one for you, dear reader.

Would you ever cheat on your spouse if you knew he/she would never find out? There can be only one true answer to this question, if you don't fool yourself. After all, a large part of the reason we stay faithful to the loves of our lives is because we want to protect the long-term security of our relationship more than anything. We can't risk losing them. But if you knew for sure that you wouldn't lose them, why then, cheating would be just another guilty indulgence.

Alas, the Indian version of the show will have less sex and more emotion. But maybe that's the smart approach considering the show was recently banned in Greece on grounds of decency/taste. I'm almost certain that no contestant has won the big prize since this show went on air in the US last year. Incidentally, the US show was inspired by a Colombian show which also ran into trouble after a contestant said yes when she was asked if she had paid a hitman to kill her husband.

Star's yes/no brand of truth certainly seems more radical than Rakhi Sawant's attempts to play pastel princess on NDTV Imagine.

In the cut-throat world of general entertainment channels, Star Plus is bound to gain significant brownie points with this show. Then again, the executives at Colors are aware of the ratings potential of this show...maybe they have something planned?

Star's new show also goes head-to-head with Sony Television's new reality biggie Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachao! that begins two days earlier, on 13 July, at 10pm. When viewers have to pick between Mathai's secrets and a B-grade celebrity trapped in a Malaysian forest, who will they chose? I'm placing my bets on Mathai.

http://blogs.livemint.com/blogs/first_cut/archive/2009/07/15/tv-review-sach-ka-saamna-will-put-star-on-the-comeback-trail.aspx
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Article in the Telly Buzz about SKS & Rajeev...
http://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=5067
-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
TellyBuzz Article

Being truthful is very difficult - Rajeev Khandelwal

'Being truthful is very difficult' - Rajeev Khandelwal

Rajeev Khandelwal is making his comeback on Tellyland, as a host on a ...  

Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai to launch on 27th July..

Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai to launch on 27th July..

Shashi and Sumit Mittal's new show on Star Plus, Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai ...