Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MysticNights thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
hey everyone 😊 i had missed couple of weeks..but now am caught up with all your points.

very nice conversation that is taking place..very mature 😊 gud job friends.

ok back to the point...I think he because his love for padmini, Ratan singh did not tell the full truth which is wrong..but how many times have to not told the full truth so that we do not hurt our loved ones??

We can see the fact that Padmini is different from Nagmini right down from sanskar to major attitute probs and thus ratan's brother does not respect Nagmini from the heart, but does because of rituals.

I think Padmini is brave enough to accept this marriage and to give it full justice. She understands Ratan Singh's position and also wishes to win hearts of the other family members.

Although during these times it was believed that kings, princes had more than one wife. so looking at this ..i think ratan singh was just looking for a true love..not the fake love Nagmini shows to all.
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
gud discussion yaar!!

its true ranaji was seekng true luv not nagmat's fake luv & her taunts.
jeni u hav given dat malkhan a deservng name, slimeball.😆😆
CherryPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
oh! since how long i was thinking that!

i feel stupid of padmini to do such a thing. if she is so understanding and mature, why did she agree to second citizen kind of life?

i know that those times were like that, but I genuinely feel padmini deserved better. and that swayamvar thing, i dont think bravery is only thing u look for in ur husband. she for sure deserved better, a husband whose sole love was for her.

imagine if she would have married any unmarried guy, with her beauty and sanskars, his eyes wouldn't have gone searching for sb else.

and rana? Actually i felt like, damn? being honest to tell the truth about his marriage? Padmini was praising about his honesty as if he just told that he had girlfriend in past.

if he was such harishchandra, he should have told that before swaymvar. its not fair to say such a thing, after winning her heart. i feel pity for padmini
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
About this swayamvar part, I always thought that it means swayam = ownself , var= husband. ie hubby chosen by ownself. But here it seems like padmini was to B given away as a trophy to whosoevr won- luv or no luv !
tiny15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

About this swayamvar part, I always thought that it means swayam = ownself , var= husband. ie hubby chosen by ownself. But here it seems like padmini was to B given away as a trophy to whosoevr won- luv or no luv !

u r rite abt swayamwar.but u can't say dat here its like 2 give her away as a trophy.sumtimes these conditions were 2 b made so dat only brave & deservng shud win.if it was not da case den wat do u think abt Sita's & Draupdi's swaymwars.do u think dat Lord Ram & Arjuna were not deservng respectively!!

she has lost da swayamwar & it was her decision 4 holdng it.so she cudn't complain abt ranaji havng married & hav a kid.wat do u think abt dat malkhan singh, though they havn't shown but he must hav been married too!! and did u notice oder kings etc in her swayamwar? they luk more elderly dan ratan singh.2day we don't like these things but it used 2 b like dat in those days. and we can't say dat ratan singh didn't deserve her its also possible if ratan were not  there den she cud hav got worse person or cudn't hav got married in da 1st place as nobody except ratan singh cud defeat her!!!! above all only luv is not enough 4 a marriage its  wid trust & understandng also.here both understands each oder too!!😊😊😊

so according 2 da times customs & traditions are made & followed.😊😊  
tiny15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CherryPrincess

i feel stupid of padmini to do such a thing. if she is so understanding and mature, why did she agree to second citizen kind of life?

if he was such harishchandra, he should have told that before swaymvar. its not fair to say such a thing, after winning her heart. i feel pity for padmini

how cud u think dat he shud hav told her abt it earlier wen he landed there just wen swayamwar was going on!!😊😊

in these swayamwars all kings married or unmarried were invitd.its not true dat he has won her heart den told her.its vice-versa also.polygamy was common among kings.even prithiviraj chauhan had more dan 1 wife.though his 1st wife was his luv!!!!

and i havn't heard or read in da history book dat ratan singh had 2 wives.it only mentions abt padmini.but here 2 make a show they may hav consultd malik mohd's "padmavat" a book or rather novel wid sum fictions & sum facts mixed.
tiny15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CherryPrincess

i know that those times were like that, but I genuinely feel padmini deserved better. and that swayamvar thing, i dont think bravery is only thing u look for in ur husband. she for sure deserved better, a husband whose sole love was for her.

imagine if she would have married any unmarried guy, with her beauty and sanskars, his eyes wouldn't have gone searching for sb else.

and yaar remember wat ranaji has said dat if she was in da place of nagmati he wudn't hav even lukd oder women.so its sure dat he luvd her truly & wants 2 b only wid her.!!!😊
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ tiny- I just wanted to remind that in swayamvar also ppl cud have ben disqualified. For eg karna was disqualified in draupadis swaymvr. In case of padmini no personal info about the contestants seem to hav been available to her unlike ramayan & mahabharat
tiny15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

@ tiny- I just wanted to remind that in swayamvar also ppl cud have ben disqualified. For eg karna was disqualified in draupadis swaymvr. In case of padmini no personal info about the contestants seem to hav been available to her unlike ramayan & mahabharat

u r wrong here. karna was not disqualified but he was stoppd by Draupdi herself .here also karna was not stoppd bcoz he was married but Draupdi didn't want 2 marry him.

and moreover u r sayng abt disqualification,being married was not seen as a ground 4 disqualification at dat time.so acc 2 those times she has married him.
in dis case too padmini knew abt all kings i.e.many of dem shown 2 more elder dan her. we may hav not shown abt info but info was defntly given even ranaji has also told abt him as da son of chhitod's king.if she doesn't want 2 get married 2 ranaji she defntly wud hav refused him after he told her da truth.she herself held dat swayamwar,so she cud hav put conditions also but she didn't knowng dat times customs.i hav read so many scriptures where person who hav won da swayamwars married or unmarried,poor or rich,known or unknown were married 2 da gal 4 whom it was done.!!!

abt draupdi 'she too didn't know abt pandavas winning her as they were in disguise of brahamana & she went wid dem 2 their home.there she cum 2 know abt their true identity!!!!

but now-a-days its really not acceptable 2 any1 including me.!!!

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
According to me, a swayamvar isn't held by the bride-to-be, it's help by her parents. Also, she doesn't get a choice, she marries whoever wins the swayamvar, otherwise, why hold a swayamvar is you can say no I don't like the look of you?

That would explain why Draupadi went with the Brahmans in disguise.... but I dunno.

About this disqualification, I don't think you can be disqualified, only win and lose.

But that ^ is my opinion.