Meet || Layi Vi Na Gayi (a oneshot)

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
So I was hearing the song, because my sister was singing it, and it got stuck in my head. So I decided to write a oneshot based on it. Bhav liked it better without the lyrics, but I was too lazy to remove them!

Enjoy!

-||-

Layi Vi Na Gayi, Te Nibhayi Vi Na Gayi.
Maine Maar Da Jahaan Mainu Saara.
Teri Meri Oth Toot Gayi Soniye,
Jive Tooteya Ambar Toh Taara.

He watched as she walked away, her hand around her sister's shoulders, which were shaking with suppressed sobs. Preet was having a hard time standing on his feet. This was all wrong, all wrong. PB was not supposed to let Heer Bhabhi leave like this. And Meher, Meher was leaving too, with her Heer Didi. And he was letting her go. He jerked forward. He could not let her go.

Sochiya Na Issi Mera Pyaar Bhool Jaayengi,
Aene Jitte Kitte Hoye Qaraar Bhool Jaayengi.

Meher made Heer Didi sit in the taxi, closing the door for her. Heer Didi could not even take care of herself, she was in no shape to be alone. The accusations Maa had thrown at her had shattered her as had Prem Jiju standing at one side, saying nothing. He had just stood there, crying silently while her Di had tried valiantly to defend her character and honour. Preet, her Preet had not taken Maa's hurled insults and had attempted to rouse Prem Jiju to fight for his wife. But Jiju had done nothing, and Preet had been struck helpless. Meher bit her lip, throwing a longing glance at the gate. She stopped.

"Preet?" His name slipped from her lips like a prayer, soft and faint.

Tears were streaming down his face, and he pushed open the gate. She met him halfway.

"Tum,"
she did not know what she wanted to say.

"Don't go,"
he told her, looking so lost. She wanted to gather him in her arms and tell him that she loved him, that she would always love him.

"Preet, Didi,"
she implored, her eyes wide. He could see the sheen of tears that she was trying to hold back. She had put up a brave face when she had shot back at Maa, had steered Di out of the house, but it was breaking now, in the face of the one person who held power over her.

He placed his forehead on hers. She closed her eyes, breathing in his scent, memorising the feel of his skin on hers, the feel of his hands on her arms. He slipped his hands down her arms, and she fought shivers. Only he could evoke such a response from her. He gathered her hands in his and brought them up. Clasping them together, he looked at his wife. "I'm coming with you," he whispered, not wanting to break the spell that had fallen around them. "I'm not staying here, not without you."

Her eyes sprung open and she looked at him, not able to believe what she was hearing. This was the closest either had ever come to expressing their feelings for one another. It had been felt, and shown, in the little actions, but they had never spoken out loud how they had gone from friendship to so much more. And while her heart sang for his admission, albeit roundabout, she knew that he could not go with her.

"Preet, Jiju ko tumhari zaroorat hogi. Aur Bauji ko. Agar tum humare saath chale gaye, toh unka khayal kaun rakhega?"

"Mujhe koi farq nahi padta,"
he said.

She tilted her head to the side with a small, sad smile. His lies were easy to spot, when one knew what to look for. He sighed deeply, caught. He would not leave, not when his family needed him, just as she could not stay. They were both bound to other people besides one another.

She placed a hand on his cheek, allowing herself the luxury of running her fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck one last time.

"Yeh humari akhri mulaqat thodi na hai,"
she pulled his cheek.

He gathered her into his arms then, unable to let her go just like that. They savoured the feel of their arms around each other, his one hand tangled up in her hair. He could feel the tears she had not shed soak in his shirt, and he cried unabashedly into her hair, burying his face among the long tresses.

Pulling back reluctantly, Preet caressed her cheeks. "Apna khayal rakhna," he told her. "Aur Heer Bhabhi ki bhi. And our coming niece or nephew."

She nodded tearfully. "Tum bhi."

"I'll be thinking of you,"
he told her, letting go of her. She smiled tremulously up at him, taking a step back. She paused, wanting to fling herself back into his arms, and hold on for dear life. He seemed to understand her feelings, and took a step back himself, gesturing for her to go. The longer they dawdled, the harder it would be for them to let the other go.

She held a hand to her mouth, and blew him a kiss. He closed his eyes. Her heart ached, and she could see that ache reflected in every pore of his being. Things were not right.

Dil Milke Bichad Gaya Yaara,

She watched through the rear view mirror as the taxi drove away. He stood where she had left him, staring after the taxi. Hugging her sister close to her, she never let her eyes leave his form, not until he was out of sight. She had to be strong, she told herself. She had to fulfil the promise she had given her husband, to take care of his Bhabhi and their unborn niece or nephew. Someday, perhaps the things that had gone wrong would be corrected.

Sacha Rab Rakha Munh Modh Jaan Vaaliye,
Dil Leke Mera Dil Todh Jaan Vaaliye.

For now, all they had were their memories, which would be held close to their hearts. They would remember one another, and love another, and pray for the day when wrongs would be righted, and they would be reunited.

Dil Tooteya Na Judey Dubaara,
Layi Vi Na Gayi, Te Nibhayi Vi Na Gayi.

-||-

Please, either hit the 'like' button or leave a comment? And please, be honest!

Love,
Radz

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*sob*

This shot made me wanna cry. It was so GOOD! Just the simple way that Preet said "Don't go." Oh di, it just tore are your heart. You are so evil...but why didn't Preet go with them! MEHER! Girl doesn't know what she's letting go. :) Great shot di, loved it!

--shabz
sourpuss thumbnail
I hit the 'like' button 'cause I didn't feel like commenting.

And yet I did.

Meh, you know what I thought of it.

Love,
Bhav (:
-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
You shoudda used "Tusi Jaa Rahe Ho? Tussi Na Jaao"

But I LOVED it. The title SUITS the shot AWSOMELY! Honestly...It was sad...*cry*
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Ahhh Radz! 😳

that was so sad and touching and I wanted to cry! πŸ˜” The way he said, "don't go," Literally ached at my heart! 😳

I'm somehow proud of Meher for being with her sister, I'll just make it a happy ending in my mind! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³

Love you,

Meera😳
Rakhie_08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Dammit.  Why can't I hit the 'Like' button more than once?!?!?!

Once is not enough  πŸ‘πŸΌ
Rhea_401 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
its was very touching......i cud actually feel wat dey were goin thro n was on d verge of tears.....very well done.. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
-LilyGurl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thnx radz di u described their feelings so beautifully preet is soo sweet

love lily

natashaa46 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
WOW!!! wht a shot yaar................it actually made me cry 😭 😭

i was feeling sooooooo bad for Preet n Meher..........

nd the details with which you wrote it really awesome.........i could feel myself there with the two seeing them apart 😭 😭

hats off to you πŸ‘ πŸ‘
πŸ‘ πŸ‘
only.asking thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That was beautiful.... There was So Much promise In it For their Future, no? πŸ‘