Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roshni_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
One more comment but its off the topic...I just finished ur What Remain Unsaid...and what an experience its had been...i am in love with that ff of urs...i don't know why havn't read it before. . may be the starting where u seen Armaan already married to someone made me skip it...(i have done it to few other ffs also as the idea doesn't click me) but this time i resolute to read it one of the primary cause being it was written by u...and i can say proudly that i didn't regret my dicision a bit...what a story line and character scathing . .complicated and intrigueing at the same time ..Just like a triller u can't keep it back onece u started reading it...it taken me two days to complete it and i get enough scolding from my mom for being wake till late night...but i can do it again for a story like this...how can u think such way and more than that how can u put it so wonderfully in words...hats off to u ...and i feel sorry that i was not in the forum when u wrote it so that i could have made elaborate comments part wise... ( i have a plan to reread it soon..may be i can find something more) 
-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes i do love how you are choosing to focus on one POV or scene in your updates now especially as you say its to build up tension because its working really well. Focusing on each person's story in a very attentive manner of writing really is the right technique to use, NJ. your using it very well. and i am really liking these updates. i'm just cringing to know how this is going to piece together..?

I love how you describe things. You use the atmosphere and setting of the scene to reflect the character's feelings. i can't remember what that technique is called if it does have a name (i'm sure it does...) but yah its very effective 😆 i want to say more on how it really affected how i read it but i have a tendency to just make things more complex

This thing about Armaan saying Ridhima is seeking sympathy which has made her vow she will not do that anymore just makes me insanely curious to know how their later interactions will be and if and when he does find out about her life, will he choose to give her sympathy thinking she needs it or give her something else thinking that will solve the issues..i don't if i'm making sense..i'm just really intrigued to know how you will take this on because you have mentioned it many times for us to know that it will become essential for the upcoming parts..

This is a out of the blue but still quite a relevant thing i want to mention:

randomly this scene popped up in my head and i swear it was from a FF you had written. my guesses are Perfect Imperfection but i had only read that once a long time ago that i'm not sure but its the only FF of yours i think the scene would have been from.
Anyway the scene was of Riddhima and Armaan at a family or friend's wedding and Armaan and Minnie go to visit the home of the bride (i think it was Anjali and they were visitng from the groom's side - Atul) there is the moment where Armaan is on the phone outside the girl's room and both AR are unknown to the fact that they are connected through the bride-groom relationship until it becomes known ofcourse after they see each other, i think they fall in love during the time of the wedding preparations..and then during the wedding i think theres this whole fiasco of how Riddhima shall tell her parents about her and Armaan...and then there is the nok jhok of stealing the groom's shoes...

do ya recognise the scene? If so then please direct me to which FF it is from if it is yours because i would love to read it again 😆

if it turns out that the FF isn't yours then that is pure mistake on my part and would be a very embarrassing situation. i'm hoping that situation won't come up hehe
roshni_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Aliya-

Yes i do love how you are choosing to focus on one POV or scene in your updates now especially as you say its to build up tension because its working really well. Focusing on each person's story in a very attentive manner of writing really is the right technique to use, NJ. your using it very well. and i am really liking these updates. i'm just cringing to know how this is going to piece together..?

I love how you describe things. You use the atmosphere and setting of the scene to reflect the character's feelings. i can't remember what that technique is called if it does have a name (i'm sure it does...) but yah its very effective 😆 i want to say more on how it really affected how i read it but i have a tendency to just make things more complex

This thing about Armaan saying Ridhima is seeking sympathy which has made her vow she will not do that anymore just makes me insanely curious to know how their later interactions will be and if and when he does find out about her life, will he choose to give her sympathy thinking she needs it or give her something else thinking that will solve the issues..i don't if i'm making sense..i'm just really intrigued to know how you will take this on because you have mentioned it many times for us to know that it will become essential for the upcoming parts..

This is a out of the blue but still quite a relevant thing i want to mention:

randomly this scene popped up in my head and i swear it was from a FF you had written. my guesses are Perfect Imperfection but i had only read that once a long time ago that i'm not sure but its the only FF of yours i think the scene would have been from.
Anyway the scene was of Riddhima and Armaan at a family or friend's wedding and Armaan and Minnie go to visit the home of the bride (i think it was Anjali and they were visitng from the groom's side - Atul) there is the moment where Armaan is on the phone outside the girl's room and both AR are unknown to the fact that they are connected through the bride-groom relationship until it becomes known ofcourse after they see each other, i think they fall in love during the time of the wedding preparations..and then during the wedding i think theres this whole fiasco of how Riddhima shall tell her parents about her and Armaan...and then there is the nok jhok of stealing the groom's shoes...

do ya recognise the scene? If so then please direct me to which FF it is from if it is yours because i would love to read it again 😆

if it turns out that the FF isn't yours then that is pure mistake on my part and would be a very embarrassing situation. i'm hoping that situation won't come up hehe

Sorry to intrude but i guess the scene u r refering is from "Back to Newton's Law"...Iwell I am 99.9% sure...its one of my fab.. and surely it was written by NJ...i hope u and NJ both don't mind me telling u that...
spln thumbnail
Everyone - So yes, I'm back from my trip, which for the record Roshni, was not a work trip at all this time, lol! It was more of a 'get into the skin and shoes' of the outer world deal 😆 And yes, thank you everyone who wanted to ask - I had a great great time, so much fun, some extremely random but amazing roadside grub - and well, all that goes with good trips!

Unfortunately have caught the flu on my journey back, and down with cold/cough/fever - the whole annoying package of changing season loves no sinus patient! But like I'd said the next chapter was pretty much done up, and I think should be good to post tonight... tom at max, in case the cold really grates my nerves and doesn't leme sit at it enough.

In the meanwhile - thanks you so much for those who've commented/liked.

Maryam/Aditi - you' guys new here, are you?! Glad you're into the story already, and hope you will enjoy the 'patch up' as it comes around to unfolding, Maryam. Aditi - glad you liked the other fics, and thanks for being around here too!

I'm taking my own sweet time, because the idea of this party - when it started what a year and a half ago, good lord! - was to bring about some drastic revelations in its wake... so well, I'm clearing that stuff now. But hopefully my relatively much more frequent updates make up. The story is a college story, and shall very much retain that adolescent flavor, despite seeming grave now and again. Everyone whose read my stuff before knows I'm an angst shipper - so yeh, so much for a sadistic writer! 😆

Rosh - you got all of that so so right. Yes, Ridhima is quite the torn soul. And yet, she is but a twenty something year old college goer - and no matter how torn you are at that age, your routine manages to take over and let you live a normal life. Then there are the dark moments when reality crashes down on you, reminds you, its not exactly normal being you... we'll see how she figures out of this two decade lasting drama and dilemma.

Aliya - wow you to raise that question, like really! It is quite the crux ... will be critically so that is, when AR get back on track. How Armaan reacts/perceives/deals with Ridhima and her dual personality disorder! It's going to be one of those things that matter so much, and absolutely must be gotten right! It makes me very happy for you to have spoken that question, because the idea of these shorter one at a time chapters is to dwell more on the characters!

Mitzi  - aah! If you know me girl, you don't want to ask for anything 😆 I'm really rotten like that, because there's like one picture of things I have in my mind when I write, and then requests come up and my picture goes all awry and I'm like oh dash! I'm out of groove again! 😆 No but like I said, AN are due, and will come along. Like all my DMG stories AR do form the center of the multiple centers... and I can't change that, because that's the kind of DMG fan I was once, when I was! But the more important thing for me is, bringing in characters and situations into places where they come most naturally... fit right in like the jigsaw - so patience, patience!!! 😃

Rosh/Aliya - Yes, that is Newton's I think. No I'm mostly sure it is. I can't seem to recall having written a shoe stealing sequence ever, for some reason - but hey I wrote Newton's like over 3 years ago... so forgetting some is a given!

Rosh - UWRU is my personal favorite. Was, and will remain. Its close to my heart for many biased reasons, but it's also the story itself that I particularly find greater favor for! Glad you enjoyed reading it, and well, thank you again for your gracious comments!

Nikki/Shruti - will wait up the unreserves in general ... but I might beat you both with an update first! Oh Nikki, get to changing the unreserved code already!!! 😆

So yes - hopefully next update tonight, and the one after, hopefully by the weekend at max... or sooner, if I can!

cheers,
NJ
roshni_A thumbnail
Will be waiting but pls do take care of urself first...😊
-Aria- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Take care of yourself NJ.

Will be back, once I am done reading. :)

Thank you, btw! :D
spln thumbnail
sorry I'm totally going to post the max by tomorrow morning - got caught up with an unexpected but long due catching up today... thanks for the wishes Rosh, the sneezing is pesky as always, but I had a happy Saturday =)

A - yes, yes, in your time =) And in mine too! :P ps: Jeez @ your signature space! we need to talk more so I get to know behind the scene stories again! :D
mitzification thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
sure NJ go wid ur original story line ... but a girl can hope can't she 😍
usually I don't bug people for spl storylines or to update :)
-Aria- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
^^
Yeah...erm...😆 that's from Big Bang Theory! <lol> 
-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
roshni_A: thankya for your reply to my question. Is it really from Back to Newtons Laws..? hmm i thought i had that FF memorised...

^hehe yes NJ i
have read it THAT many times that a scene from the FF does manage to pop up into my head once in a while ;P

anyway thanks and thankya NJ for confirming the answer..kinda. ;P I can understand the difficulties in you remembering all of that FF.. having to fill 3 threads to complete it and all 😆