Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
yea i guess once they get married the dresses will hopefully change!
sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
So how are you guys finding the show overall? (Apart from the dressing)

I think its amazing so far, of course it must not all be the truth and some of it is made to look like a fairy tale, but overall the show is great!

I see where Padmini's father and cousin come from, but I'm on Rana's side, he won the swayamvar fair, so he shouldn't have to go through these tests - but who can change history or the minds of the people who made the show..... 😆
Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Today's epi was a bit slower than the previous two. Slowly settling down methinks.

Atleast we now know where Padmini's dad is coming from. He's just over protective. Little does he know that his laadli beti is already smitten by the dashing Ratan Singh.

Khilji - The dude is just ruthless, a pure villain. Havn't seen one like him in ages.
sattvik thumbnail
The Khilji guy is really good at acting though!

I agree, the show seems to be going slower now, the first epi. was really really good then the second was a bit less good and now its the same-ish....... but its till a great show :D
Jenifer. thumbnail
Hey sattvik, I'm liking the show. It's an epical story and it's being portrayed in a grand manner, just as it should be. The sets, the clothes (yes, I don't really have a problem with the clothes), the dialogues, all of it. So far it's a thumbs up from me.

Of course some of it is going to be fictitious but that required if you're going to make a successful telly series out of the story. I just hope it stays consistent all they way through the 6 months.
Jenifer. thumbnail
The Khilji dude is really good. I like the fact that I hate him. Shows what a good job the man who's playing him is doing. And also what a good job the people behind the camera are doing.

Anyone know what the name of the man who plays Khilji is? I've seen him before as villains in movies etc.
sattvik thumbnail
Mukesh Rishi!

His acting is fantastic and I have no problem with Khilji actually....

I don't think there is anything wrong with the costumes of the show, the way it is portrayed/told or the fact that its only 6 months - its better as it won't deviate into a love story too much or won't skip 20 years when Padmini will be 80 with 50 grand kids!

Its also quite educational. I think it was good of Sony to put this show on air!
Jenifer. thumbnail
Thanks for his name. Looks like playing negative characters is his forte!

I'm also glad that this isn't a forever dragging show. This means it will all be nicely planned out in the beginning ready to be executed in the correct manner. Or at least I hope so.

It indeed is a good idea that Sony decided to bring this out. I've never ventured into the world of Sony so this is my first stint with them. And a good one it is.
sattvik thumbnail
I totally agree, I thought Sony was only good for Boogie Woogie and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa because I like dance shows, but Sony really did mean it when they said "25th May se Badal rahe hai Hum"

What is your thoughts on Padmini? She is very pretty and can really do some harm to anyone that starts trouble....

And what about Badal? Hes soo cute for standing up to Rana Ratan.....
Jenifer. thumbnail
Padmini has been portrayed as dangerous beauty. She's got the looks, the skills, the words, the attitude. Basically, it looks like she's got everything. The creatives have left no stones unturned with the character.

As for the actress who plays her. She needs some refining with the way she delivers some of her dialouges and her expressions are too quick as well but otherwise she's a great choice to play Padmini. Especially the riding and sword play classes she had to take to play this role.
Badal is just too cute. I think I mentioned that yesterday as well. I think he's going to play a sweet messenger in Ratan's and Padmini's story, especially when the going gets tough.