Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shala-deepz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
goshhh i am dying to see deepz on screen.............
lavienrose thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: friends_rock

dint watch SNT...now .ill see it !

hiru u ddin't see SNT yet?😲 what r u waiting for! go and watch the movie for IMLI😆
Raiinie2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ManaliS

yup very simple, sweet n well made movies!
he keeps it really simple.. i guess thats his USP!

both films had great music too!

Ditto. Im a great fan for his films, eager to see what his done next!
I can't wait till this movie. Reallllyyy looking forward to see Deepika in a movie again.
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Reason To Smile

For all those who have been despairing week after week, what with films falling like ninepins at the box-office, there's reason to smile.

Summer may not be so bad after all if we can forget the ongoing tussle between multiplexes and producers/distributors which may lead to a virtual suspension of new film releases from April 4. For, the trailers of at least two big films scheduled for release in the months of May and June give the impression that they would bring back the audiences to the cinemas. Just a minute-and-a-half's promo of Eros and Sajid Nadiadwala's Kambakkht Ishq (included in the prints of Eros' Aa Dekhen Zara, released this week) is making people smile and/or laugh at least twice or thrice.

The chemistry between Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor looks excellent. And then, there's also Hollywood star Sylvester Stallone. The trailer indicates that the film's canvas is huge and that debut-making director Sabbir Khan has exploited the foreign locations beautifully.
The other trailer FSJ saw was that of Saif Ali Khan's first home production, Love Aaj Kal.

Again an Eros presentation, the film seems to have a novel angle and one is saying this not just because it has been directed by Imtiaz Ali who gave Jab We Met before this, but also because the trailer suggests so. A song of Love Aaj Kal, which one also saw, is both, tuneful and eye-filling. Hope, the two films live up to the expectations their exciting promos are bound to raise. Anyway, one thing is for sure – both the films will take flying starts when they are released.
you2 thumbnail
Director Anurag Kashyap on LAK

LINK

Yes . I think so. I have always believed that the day the bigwigs start to reinvent themselves our cinema will change. After a great 2008 that goes mostly to UTV , there is a lot of new cinema we are going to watch this year from the big guys. I happened to see Imtiaz Ali's next,"Love aaj kal" and Zoya Akhtar's" Luck by Chance". Both brilliant with big stars and the success of those will make more good cinema. Starting with SDM going on to Luck by Chance and then Delhi 6, three big budget films. A friend's opinion of Delhi-6," It is as internal and intimate a film as RDB was external".Another few films that i either read the script of or seen a part of it or know about it from the biggies are "Wake up Sid" and "Jihaad" by Dharma Productions, "Falling" and "Dhobi Ghaat" by Aamir khan productions, and "Kaminey", "ishqiyan" a whole lot of them from UTV . Taking risks is going to be the new "Safe" and playing safe will be disastrous. It is too early to talk about Imtiaz's film as it does not release until June, I will talk about Luck By Chance.

Sharmila Tagore on Love Aaj kal

Have you see his first home production, Love Aaj Kal?
Parts of it. Imtiaz (Ali) is a wonderful director and Saif as a sardar is so cute that now when I see a sardar I have a smile on my face.

Saif was pretty upset Kareena couldn't be in the film.
Their chemistry is good, you can see that in the ads they do. But casting is a director's prerogative. 

Deepika (Padukone) is very good. Filmmaking is a business proposition and you can't get emotional about it.

Of course, I am very happy for Saif's Love Aaj Kal. All mothers are very anxious for their kids and I am no exception. No matter how well he does I will always be anxious for him. He's enacted the sardar so well! Of course, credit is also due to the director, Imtiaz Ali. Now I keep smiling at whichever sardar I meet, making them wonder why am I doing so

Edited by you2 - 15 years ago
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

^ I quite enjoyed LBC so going by that  and assuming Anurag Kashyap isnt biased I think LAK will be enjoyable too

Anurag Kashyap was very funny in his short appearence in LBC ...wonder if he is playing a cameo in LAK as well??

Heard Manjot Singh( from oye Lucky)has a guest appearence in LAK...i simply love that guy after oye Lucky and more so after his Filmfare speech...maybe he plays young sardar Saif!

Music by pritam, Saif as Sardar...hope LAK does another SIK on the BO!
you2 thumbnail
^^^ ha ha!Agreed. Kashyap will be biased all right..Imtiaz and he are great friends.

an excerpt from Ali's interview..

SD: Talking about the new wave of filmmakers, you are one of the few who has achieved commercial success along with acclaim. What do you think works in your favour?

IA: It's difficult to look at yourself in an unbiased way. I'm not a person who's very fond of myself either. There are lots of film directors and I'm fond of their films. Personally, we all are very close friends. Anurag Kashyap and I are extremely close friends. We came to Mumbai together, lived together.

Anurag Basu and I are very good friends, even Sriram Raghavan and Shimit Amin for that sake. I think we all are in a capacity that we can actually tell each other what we feel about each other's films. We even help each other before the movie goes out. Like for example, Shimit is trying to find a girl for my next film. I feel very happy if I'm told that I also belong to the caliber that they get slotted in. But at the same time, it's difficult to judge yourself.

you2 thumbnail
It is Sunday..Hardly any exciting news around..I might as well SPAM😆

Ravishing Deepika Padukone spotted on the sets of un-named imtiaz ali's next movie at Delhi. Imtiaz Ali's last movie Jab We Met was super hit starring Shahid and Kareena. Kareena has recommended Saif to Imtiaz later he choose to sign Deepika instead of Kareena.

When asking about a movie to imtiaz ali he answered ""It's a simple love story which unfolds on the streets of London - a story about relationships. Deepika's character is practical and it can be called the girl-next-door. Her character's called Meera Pandit and Meera is very confident, contemporary but with values. The name Meera is universal but at the same time it's sensitive and has something mystic about it. The film's the love story of Meera ( Deepika ) and Jai (Saif). This film's emotions are those of love and sacrifice."

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: you2

It is Sunday..Hardly any exciting news around..I might as well SPAM😆

Ravishing Deepika Padukone spotted on the sets of un-named imtiaz ali's next movie at Delhi. Imtiaz Ali's last movie Jab We Met was super hit starring Shahid and Kareena. Kareena has recommended Saif to Imtiaz later he choose to sign Deepika instead of Kareena.

When asking about a movie to imtiaz ali he answered ""It's a simple love story which unfolds on the streets of London - a story about relationships. Deepika's character is practical and it can be called the girl-next-door. Her character's called Meera Pandit and Meera is very confident, contemporary but with values. The name Meera is universal but at the same time it's sensitive and has something mystic about it. The film's the love story of Meera ( Deepika ) and Jai (Saif). This film's emotions are those of love and sacrifice."

this girl has everything going for her...i just wish that she learns to let go in front of ther camera....she will be just perfect then!
I hope LAK does that for her !