A person suppose to commit suicude, your reaction?

vinay.batra thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
What would you do if you met someone who was suppose to commit suicude? I have never ever thought about such situation until the last friday. when i saw a viki ki texi show on REAL channel, where a mafia guy sit into viki's texi and telling consistantly "Aaj mera aakhri din hai" anyways that's the TV show.

But what if you go through such situation?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sameer.84 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
may b i'll tell him to be patient....

sometimes help comes when it is least expected! it has happened to me as well.

but i can only explain him thru faith in God....if s/he doesnt believe in Him, its difficult for me to make him/her understand.
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: vinay.batra

What would you do if you met someone who was suppose to commit suicude? I have never ever thought about such situation until the last friday. when i saw a viki ki texi show on REAL channel, where a mafia guy sit into viki's texi and telling consistantly "Aaj mera aakhri din hai" anyways that's the TV show.

But what if you go through such situation?

you shouldnt take TV shows that seriousπŸ˜›πŸ˜†
i guess i will not say anything to that person bcoz i know i cannt convince anyone jab koi many ga nahin to opinion waste kerny ka faida?😳

Edited by mahikhan - 14 years ago
I doubt any of these has got to do with taking television shows seriously; such incidents are happening in real life, everywhere, and that too in mass amount. Where do the television shows get these types of stories if such things do not happen in real life. One's imagination is based on the reality.

I disagree that one needs to believe in the existence of a Creator, or any divine being as such, in order to understand the value and meaning of life, because life, IMHO, is more of a moral, ethical, philosophical, spiritual concept than a religious one. I am not quite sure on what statistics have got to say, but as far as my knowledge goes, the suicide rate is way higher in the religious society - mostly amongst those who had been suppressed by and in the name of a religion, compared with the atheistic one. Granted that the belief in God, and the purpose of His creation is a boon in valuing the beauty of life, but it is not essential. Atheists, too, could be said to be in a superior position compared with religious folks, because they aren't being restricted from doing things in the name of religion, and can enjoy their life fully. Both sides have its pros and cons, actually.

While I do not view suicide as a grave sin (it is my personal opinion only, and something that is not harming you even at the least, so please stop throwing sparrows at me, if that was what you were intending to do), I feel it is of utter foolishness to do so. You never know what life has in store from you. Go ahead with your life - no matter how painful or troublesome it is - and it may surprise you in the end. I have come across a woman who became extremely suicidal during her mid-twenties, after her boyfriend broke up with her and got married to another lady. It was a miracle of her family to keep her alive, after all these repeated suicidal attempts. Now, after ten years, she is happily married to another man, with three kids.

Life is the most uncertain thing in the entire universe; you never know what will happen in the next second even. Go ahead with your life, and it may surprise you on what it have for you in store.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

I doubt any of these has got to do with taking television shows seriously; such incidents are happening in real life, everywhere, and that too in mass amount. Where do the television shows get these types of stories if such things do not happen in real life. One's imagination is based on the reality.

so true!πŸ‘

While I do not view suicide as a sin - not a big one at least - I feel it is of utter foolishness to do so. You never know what life has in store from you. Go ahead with your life - no matter how painful or troublesome it is - and it may surprise you in the end. I have come across a woman who became extremely suicidal during her mid-twenties, after her boyfriend broke up with her and got married to another lady. It was a miracle of her family to keep her alive, after all these repeated suicidal attempts. Now, after ten years, she is happily married to another man, with three kids.

@bolded......labib im really surprised to see your words here 😲i mean i know its foolishness but stating that you dont veiw it a sin at all then not a big one i disagree to you!
its a sin and whoever commits this sin will be punished horribly see,there are few things which are decided since day 1 and suicide is one such things..................Islam doesnot encourage such acts 😳

Originally posted by: mahikhan

@bolded......labib im really surprised to see your words here 😲i mean i know its foolishness but stating that you dont veiw it a sin at all then not a big one i disagree to you!

its a sin and whoever commits this sin will be punished horribly see,there are few things which are decided since day 1 and suicide is one such things..................

*sighs* You cannot order me what I should and should not view as a sin. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Just kidding. The God I believe in much more compassionate and understanding than the one who had always been taught to me. That's not my definition of God. I believe in a God who loves his creation unconditionally. I do not believe in eternal torment. I do not believe in hell fire, either. Yes, bad people will be punished - but in the same scale; burning someone in fire, for an eternity, is not something I can imagine God to be doing.

However, I respect those who takes this viewpoint. If someone is comfortable in believing that their creator would burn them into fire for an eternity, then so be it - I have no problem with that - and I respect their viewpoint completely. And I would appreciate it, if that group could respect my viewpoint, too.

Originally posted by: mahikhan

Islam doesnot encourage such acts 😳

Neither do I. I agree that it is only God who has the right/authority to take our life. However, I also find it arrogant to think that we, human being, can know about God and his way of judgment. God, by its very definition, is something that is impossible for the human mind to conceive/grasp. Anyone claiming to know God's will, nature, plans, etc is doing nothing but being arrogant. Let God decide what He will do with/to us. We are no-one to judge and say things in advance. Remember, I too do not like the concept of suicide, and  transgressing what God had stored for us is one of the major reason behind it amongst many others. However, as a human being, with limited knowledge regarding God and his way if judgment, I can never say what is and is not a sin. No one can. Anything anyone says is a guess.

Just my thoughts/views on this matter. Not meant to offend you.

***Also I would like to add that I wouldn't like to drift the focus of this topic into a religious one (though, religion is bound to play its part, no denying there), mostly because you know, as well as I do, religious topics never end up in an impressive way, or so to speak. I also hope that we would not need to drag this particular discussion any further, and cause further disturbance to other members here. Thanks.***

EDITED: To remove few comments that are religious in nature, and could have easily hurt others sentiment, and give rise to another flame war.

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

*sighs* You cannot order me what I should and should not view as a sin. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Just kidding. The God I believe in much more compassionate and understanding than the one who had always been taught to me - the sadistic one [to me] who creates in order to be worshiped and praised, and  punishes those horribly who do not do so. That's not my definition of God. I believe in a God who loves his creation unconditionally. I do not believe in eternal torment. I do not believe in hell fire, either. Yes, bad people will be punished - but in the same scale; burning someone in fire, for an eternity, is not something I can imagine the 'all-loving' and 'merciful' creator to be doing - if He does, then, IMHO, his definitions of "all-loving" is plainly flawed.

i would like to say a few words here sir,God says himself Allah is merciful and Allah will punish non belivers right???so stating that you dont belive in God who is all loving for his creatures and would punish them.sorry sir your perception of God is right but you framed it wrongly
ok tell me onething if he says he love his creatures doesnt he provide them with basic needs?dont he listen to our prayers?dont he give to everyone be it a beliver or non believer and in return what has he asked just to obey him?do ggod and say good?is that really that much?
then why do we expect him not to punish those whom he has given chance again and again but they didnt learn,and btw God loves us 70 times more than our mums if our mum who loves us more than anyone else can punish us if she can slap us why not the one who not only claims but really love us and even after he seees many his creatures induging themselves into bad company he dont punish them isnt that his mercy what else you expect from him?hell fire will one l'il punishment because we are answertable to each and every act of us!

However, I respect those who takes this viewpoint. If someone is comfortable in believing that their creator would burn them into fire for an eternity, then so be it - I have no problem with that - and I respect their viewpoint completely. And I would appreciate it, if that group could respect my viewpoint, too.
noone thinks so!

Neither do I. I agree that it is only God who has the right/authority to take our life. However, I also find it arrogant to think that we, human being, can know about God and his way of judgment. God, by its very definition, is something that is impossible for the human mind to conceive/grasp. Anyone claiming to know God's will, nature, plans, etc is doing nothing but being arrogant. Let God decide what He will do with/to us. We are no-one to judge and say things in advance. Remember, I too do not like the concept of suicide, and  transgressing what God had stored for us is one of the major reason behind it amongst many others. However, as a human being, with limited knowledge regarding God and his way if judgment, I can never say what is and is not a sin. No one can. Anything anyone says is a guess.

Just my thoughts/views on this matter. Not meant to offend you.

***Also I would like to add that I wouldn't like to drift the focus of this topic into a religious one (though, religion is bound to play its part, no denying there), mostly because you know, as well as I do, religious topics never end up in an impressive way, or so to speak. I also hope that we would not need to drag this particular discussion any further, and cause further disturbance to other members here. Thanks.

thanks now you dont try to qoute meπŸ˜›πŸ˜†
Edited by mahikhan - 14 years ago
i would say yahooooooooo..

kiddin lol

i would ask em to explain the whole thing to me.
Okay go Mahi, I am giving you the favor of not quoting you. πŸ˜† Firstly, I will really appreciate it if you say refrain yourself from saying that one is being wrong in anything about or related to the concept of God, reason being, as I have stated before, God is a concept that is impossible for any human being to conceive. Only God knows what He is, how He will judge you and everything. Always remember, our perception of God is nothing but our OPINIONS regarding him. It's not a fact. Hence, my 'opinion' could be just as much as "wrong" as your could be.

I still do not think that God will punish us with hell fire. That's impossible for me to imagine, and trust me, it is not only be who views it like that - many have taken that step as well. I take the hell fire as a symbolism for what will happen, not a literal account. Remember, anything happening on the afterlife is on a completely different, spiritual scale.

I love God because God loves me - Not out of fear.

Either way, I am done here. And I will respect it very much if you do not hit the quote button, as well. Let each of us believe differently - it is not a big matter. God wants us to behave morally, and love and respect him - that is what matters. We both are men of the same book, and even if our perception varies on many counts, it is similar on even more things. So let it be. God is great indeed! πŸ˜ƒ Thanks a lot for the information Mahi, really appreciated, and END of "this" particular discussion from my side. (I actually try to avoid all sorts of religious discussions).
@your firm belive trust me buddy those who belive Allah will not punish them bcoz he is merciful is a great blessing of him! end from me as well and sorry abt the typos my daughter is really naughty i hold her in one hand and type with the other lol! thanks:)
1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Next