Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: clodpolish

Reality cinema , i guess, you have forgotten completely about.

Anurag Kashyap's movies, Madhur Bhandarkar's movies, then "A wednesday" , "aamir" , these are some of the best of bollywood, however for a conservative audience they might generally be unacceptable.

If I wanted to watch reality I would stand on the sidewalk and watch people move.

Reality cinema is for when people want to think and ponder. Introspectively reflect on life and its nuances. Think critically. Thats whats the internets is fors. πŸ˜†

I want good old fashioned mass audience cinema.
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I'm not thinking of anything in particular. Just lack of feel good cinema or simply fun cinema, period. Too many people are making slicker multiplex cinema instead of cinema for the masses.

I'm an opening night kind of gal. POTC, LOTR, and such. I could careless if the entire cast was naked, it has to be campout worthy. Cinema should be epic, larger than life, and in Bollywood that means more dreams, more flowers, more running around trees. I might be the only person complaining about lack of kitsch.

RTH ji aapko kya ho gaya hai ?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

You analyse movies also and say that also ! Doesn't make sense to me !

sau baat ki ek bat. y do people spend money to go to movies...... to be entertained. whether its a movies like wednesday or david dhawan movie. so if the audiencee likes a movie they make it a hit or else they dont. i think movies have always been the same in bolly wood whether it is 50's or 2000. earlier the idea of romance was different now its diff, people have changed and so has movies. and who the actress or actor is also really not that imp. nor how many clothes they are wearing. a movies has to be a overall good package.

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

But that's exactly what worries me. Apparently what sells these days is Mallika Sherawat - which leaves me worried for the future of our desi boys.

Ajnu!. Malika sherwat is out of the limelight these days isn't she? i mean did she ever win oscar for exposing her body, or did she get any awards for best actress etc? Good films still valued today and our eyes still recognises them, take for example flims like tare zameen par, slumdog millionaire..the industry stil makes good flim.
As far as Bollywood becoming vulgar, i disagree - there are some films that are modern like but who says everyone in old films were covered in sarees and draped very well? i mean they had exposure back then didn't say? i believe some of the actresses back then were actually horrendously dressed and did all sorts of intense scenes...they were not exactly strangers to exposure back then eh? πŸ˜†

Movies are a mirror to reality, they have to show the reality too and reality includes everything from emotions, drama, sex etc.

Also about the desi boys - ahh im sure they love it! dont worry about them, im sure they know whats good and bad for them but still young eyes want to see what they desire to see..nothing wrong with that, quite healthy for them provided its occasional! lol πŸ˜†

ohhh btw ive not seen the film amir, i bought millions of DVD from India, but hardly have time to watch it lol- im not exactly  a big bollywood fan - ive still not seen kuch kuch hota hai - i really want to see that film, just never got round to it lol/

Xoxo
Edited by Rage-Of-Angels - 15 years ago
Mindbender thumbnail

If I wanted to watch reality I would stand on the sidewalk and watch people move.

Reality cinema is for when people want to think and ponder. Introspectively reflect on life and its nuances. Think critically. Thats whats the internets is fors. πŸ˜†

Well thats your view! For me reality cinema is very entertaining, moreover , i don't introspectively reflect on life and its nuances thereafter, i just try to appreciate an honest effort by a group of individuals to put forward their point of view about a particular subject, until ofcourse there are obvious loopholes , otherwise i don't care ! Secondly,even the directors of such movies at present don't have a problem with the fact that most people don't come to watch it, they are making it low budget, and they do know that they are catering to only a certain section of society(not necessarily multiplex). And well its actually cool that most people don't watch it , that makes sure that the movie is generally good in all the departments , since its low budgetπŸ˜† (I am talking about only the good reality cinema, made with a purpose and not for time pass, which may/may not be a hit)

I want good old fashioned mass audience cinema.

make it !πŸ˜†

Well good old fashioned mass audience cinema also includes lots of "filmy " dialogues , which get to my nerves, they seem absolutely poor movies to me until there is good humour in it and actors who can rise above the script. Ask the general audience today, or even the actors of the old movies, they'd themselves say(i have heard naseeruddin shah say) that there are very very few movies(2-3 in a decade) which stand the test of time from the times when they were acting. Since the general audience also believes that , i guess good old fashioned mass audience cinema is not "mass" anymore. I guess there is no harm in changing with the times.

Mindbender thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Define "oldies" then I will answer your question. My idea of a good movie Bollywood is K3G for fun and entertainment. Aamir and Pinjar type movies for heart-wrenching drama. And Munna Bhai MBBS for comedy. That's it.

4 movies in nearly 7-8 years?

i can't do much to explain anything thenπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Anyways, the fact remains that movies built in a fashion other than"typical " style are being welcomed and thats all that matters. Unless one brings a renaissance in india and makes sure all the western influence from indians is lost, you don't expect indian directors to make those kind of movies all the time, or even most of the timesπŸ˜†

Mindbender thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandya_rao7

sau baat ki ek bat. y do people spend money to go to movies...... to be entertained. whether its a movies like wednesday or david dhawan movie. so if the audiencee likes a movie they make it a hit or else they dont. i think movies have always been the same in bolly wood whether it is 50's or 2000. earlier the idea of romance was different now its diff, peoplehave changed and so has movies. and who the actress or actor is also really not that imp. nor how many clothes they are wearing. a movies has to be a overall good package.

well same or changed ?πŸ˜†

However, i don't think who the actor/actress is was ever very important at all.😊

I'm not thinking of anything in particular. Just lack of feel good cinema or simply fun cinema, period. Too many people are making slicker multiplex cinema instead of cinema for the masses.

I'm an opening night kind of gal. POTC, LOTR, and such. I could careless if the entire cast was naked, it has to be campout worthy. Cinema should be epic, larger than life, and in Bollywood that means more dreams, more flowers, more running around trees. I might be the only person complaining about lack of kitsch.

RTH ji aapko kya ho gaya hai ?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

You analyse movies also and say that also ! Doesn't make sense to me !

[/QUOTE]

I am like a religion, full of contradictions and paradoxes.

I think serious cinema has its place and mass cinema has its place. Yes, I analyze films. I probably watch most serious cinema than most people do. A lot of obscure foreign and independent films. Yes and the new age Indian Cinema too.

My problem with Bollywood is that the movies are either serious cinema or C grade flicks. There is a lack of cinema for the heck of cinema. The epic films.

For every Crash! there is a Fast and Furious.
For every Crouching Tiger there is a Kung Fu Hustle
For every Clint Eastwood there is a Judd Apatow.
For every Ellen Paige there is a Miley Cyrus

Mindbender thumbnail

I am like a religion, full of contradictions and paradoxes.

I think serious cinema has its place and mass cinema has its place. Yes, I analyze films. I probably watch most serious cinema than most people do. A lot of obscure foreign and independent films. Yes and the new age Indian Cinema too.

My problem with Bollywood is that the movies are either serious cinema or C grade flicks. There is a lack of cinema for the heck of cinema. The epic films.

For every Crash! there is a Fast and Furious.
For every Crouching Tiger there is a Kung Fu Hustle
For every Clint Eastwood there is a Judd Apatow.
For every Ellen Paige there is a Miley Cyrus

I don't know anything about the yellowed out part, please bear with my ignoranceπŸ˜†

Well, i also don't favour C grade flicks ofcourse, talking about cinema for the heck of cinema,hmmm-

whats singh is king, welcome , om shanti om ?

I don't know anything about the yellowed out part, please bear with my ignoranceπŸ˜†

Well, i also don't favour C grade flicks ofcourse, talking about cinema for the heck of cinema,hmmm-

whats singh is king, welcome , om shanti om ?

Only OSO fit my bill. The other two were time pass. I'm talking epic cinema here not juvenile humor.