FF: Mannat II (Ch 51-Pg 38) 7/7

DGill28 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

MANNAT II

As all you have now come to know…I have finished the first part of "Mannat" or the story before Prem-Heer's marriage. Now I will be writing about their life after their marriage. For new readers, you do not have to read the first 37 chapters to read the following chapters. I am providing a brief summary (well, being me…it won't be that brief) of what happened in those chapters…this is also a recap for previous readers. Anyways, a few new characters will be introduced and I'm providing a character sketch below the summary. The summary is strictly from my memory, so if there are somewhat differences in what happened and what I wrote…please don't mind. I hope you all enjoy 'Mannat II'.

~Deepika~

Chapters 1-37 of 'Mannat I' can be found at the following link:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1065557

Summary of chapters 1-37

This is a story of Prem-Heer...their families, their struggles, their lives…most importantly their love. "Mannat" begins with the introduction of the Maan Family. They are a tight-knit family composed of Balraj Maan (father), Teji Gill Maan (mother) and their children Heer (eldest), Ashlesha/Ash (middle) and Sunny (youngest). They are a rich Punjabi-Sikh family residing in New Jersey. After many years, they are returning to Punjab to attend Meet Gill's (Teji's younger cousin-brother/ Teji's chacha's son) wedding to Mahi. Heer departs for India a week earlier than her family to surprise her maternal family in Ludhiana. She is told her father's best friend (Lalit Juneja) and her mother's childhood friend (Gayatri Juneja) are also going to be in India. However, she is unaware that Lalit, Gayatri and their sons Prem (eldes) and Preet (youngest) are on her connecting flight, whereas Harman (middle) already lives in Ludhiana with his Dadi, instead of with his family in Michigan. On the flight, Heer meets and befriends Preet, both unaware of each other's last name, forming a brother-sister bond. Once reaching India, they head their separate ways, unable for Heer to meet the Juneja's. Upon reaching her massi (Inderjot) and her mausa/massar ji's (Sukhman) home, the only people that know of her plan, she begins to prepare for her surprise that she will give at Meet and Mahi's engagement that night. That evening, her aunt and uncle leave for the party, while Heer will come later. Instead of waiting, Heer decides to go to a nearby gurdwara, which can be reached by walking. Meanwhile, Prem's family also leaves for the party leaving him behind, so he could come later. He suddenly hears the sound of payals, and sees a girl going towards the gurdwara and follows her to the gurdwara. He sees her praying. Heer gets a bit uncomfortable and runs off, leaving behind her payal. To return her payal, he rusn after hr into the dark and the fields. After running for quite a while, Heer is about to step onto the road, when Prem saves her from being hit by a truck. He shotus at her and Heer's face is revealed as she blows up at him. After a while, both leave to find themselves lost. Despite not wanting to, they join together to find their way back to main road of Ludhiana. They encounter different situations and are misunderstood as husband and wife. Finally they are helped and are able to reach their destination, where they go their separate ways. Heer performs at the engagement, surprising her family with her presence. After the engagement, she meets her maternal family and then the Juneja's. Everyone is shocked to find that Heer has already met Prem and Preet, without knowing whose sons they are. The rest of the party, Heer was busy meeting guests and people that knew her or her parents, until she finally escapes. However, to her dismay she bumps into Prem. In a hurry, she takes him with her to the terrace. There, they hear people coming up the stairs, so they hide. They are shorrly caught by Preet and Heer's cousins. They are able toexplain themselves, causing all suspicion to disappear. They all head back to the party and enjoy themselves. The next morning Heer and her massi go to meet the Juneja's at their home. However, Heer is only able to meet Gayatri, Beeji and Preet. After a while, Heer goes to the top floor terrace to receive a call on her cell phone. Once she finishes she notices Prem sleeping. She takes the coffee from a worker and goes to wake him up. Since Prem is a deep sleeper, Heer faces many problems in trying to awaken him. Finally she puts his hand in hot coffee, which startles him causing chaos to erupt and Heer slipping and falling, which hurts her foot/leg as she blacks out. A doctor is called and Heer is instructed bedrest and prescribed a cream for her foot. Gayatri decides that Heer will spend a few days at the Juneja residence so she doesn't hurt herself more. However, Gayatri, Lalit, Harman, and Beeji are unexpected forced to go visit a relative and spend the night there, leaving Heer in the care of Prem and preet. During this time Prem and Heer resolve their differences and become friends. The whole day Prem, Preet and heer watch movies, then the boys cook for the first time and watch some more movies, with Prem and heer having sweet movies here and there. The next day, the Juneja's return and Heer enjoys herself with Gayatri, while looking at Prem/Preet/Harman's childhood pictures and hearing their childhood stories. The following day, HEer leaves for her maternal families hom/haweli in a nearby village. She enjoys the next week with them, until the day the Juneja's and Maan's arrive at the Gill Haweli. The night before their arrival, Heer has a nightmare where she is her 5 year old self and stuck in a fire in a haweli. Later the next day, she gets weird notions as if that did happen. Her family arrives and Prem-Heer have small moments with each other. That night is a welcoming party for the two families and during it Heer comes face to face with Daljit (her mother's friend) and her children: Manmeet (who has liked Heer forever) and Vishaka (who likes Prem). However, before the confrontation could become a disaster, Sunny saves Heer and all Heer's cousins and Prem's siblings go outside and discuss the matter. They decide that Prem-Heer will pretend to love each other, but everyone will be unknown to this fact. The next few days they continue with making Manmeet-Vishaka jealous, as well as Prem-Heer start to get closer. However, because of Prem, Prem-Heer face an awkward situation where Heer decides to avoid Prem. Preet realizes that Prem likes Heer and Heer likes Prem, but to get entertainment out of it and to make their love-story a bit interesting, Preet causes many misunderstandings and problems in the pairs lives as convinces both of them to make each other jealous. During this time, Karan, a neighbor of the Gills is introduced. He is a widows son and it is revealed that his younger sister loves Heer's Amar Mammu. Both join together, to bring Amar-Guneet together. One night at a party, Neel enters the scene. Everyone is excited to have Neel there, but Heer is the most happy. During this time, Preet & Prem feel that there's more to Heer and Neel's friendship, but both Neel and Heer clear that there isn't, but they don't tell Prem and use this to their advantage to make him jealous. Eventually, Prem and Heer confess their love to each other and Neel and Prem become very close friends. Heer also finds out that the dream she had wasn't a dream, but a image of what happened to her in her childhood. Her Kuljeet bhua had fallen in love with someone else and ran away to get married to him. Heer's father disowned Kuljeet and since Heer was close to her, Heer suffered greatly. To help Heer cope with this loss in her childhood, her Meet and Amar mammu brought Kuljeet to meet Heer, but had to run away when she almost got caught. The haweli caught on fire and Heer was stuck in it, but was saved by Gurmet, Kuljeet's husband. Heer had partial memory loss due to the injury she got from the incident. Kuljeet was there after never mentioned in the house again. However, Prem and Heer found out this truth from Kuljeet, who was a friend of Meet's wife, Mahi's mom. As soon as this incident was dealt with another problem arose for Premeer on the night of Meet and Mahi's wedding reception party. Due to a misunderstanding, they were engaged to Manmeet and Vishaka respectively. However, this was a scheme planned by Daljit, Manmeet, and Vishaka. After trying to convince their parents that they loved each other, they were unsuccessful and ran away to get married. Amar and Guneet got married as well, or otherwise Amar would have gotten married to Manmeet's cousin, Sanjana. Somehow, Heer and Prem's family finds out about the wedding and they have to return back to Ludhiana to find themselves being disowned by Balraj and Lalit, despite the rest of the family being okay with the weddings. This problem is also arised by Daljit. Chapter 37 ends with Prem-Heer (Premeer), Guneet-Amar (Gunamar), Neel, Preet and Ash leaving home forever.

Chapter 1-37 : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1065557

Chapter 38: Pg. 1

Chapter 39: Pg. 4

Chapter 40: Page 8

Chapter 41: Page 11

Chapter 42: Page 14

Chapter 43: Page 17

Chapter 44: Page 20

Chapter 45: Page 23

Chapter 46: Page 25

Chapter 47: Page 27

Chapter 48: Page 30

Chapter 49: Page 33

Chapter 50: Page 35

Chapter 51: Page 38

Edited by Deepika28 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DGill28 thumbnail

Character Family Tree:

Kanwal Shergill (Father) ~ Jeeti Shergill (Mother)

*Sumit Shergill (Son) ~ Sati Shergill (Bahu)

-Kunal Shergill Juneja

*Swaran Shergill Sidhu (Daughter) ~ Karanvir Sidhu (Son-in-law)
      *Prem Juneja (Muh-bola son) ~ Heer Maan Juneja (Muh-boli bahu)
          -Kunal Shergill Juneja (Premeer's muh-bola son)

Sweety Sidhu (Mother)

*Karanvir Sidhu (Son) ~ Swaran Shergill Sidhu (Bahu)
      *Guneet Sidhu Gill (Daughter) ~ Amar Gill (Son-in-law/ Heer's Mammu)
          -Nickvir (Nick) Gill

*Kiran Sidhu (Niece)

Deep Mangat (Father) ~ Nishi Mangat (Mother)

*Neel Mangat (Son)

-Preet Juneja (Prem's brother)

-Ashlesha Maan (Ash) (Heer's sister)

Background information

Story from the day Prem-Heer, Amar-Guneet, Preet, Ash, & Neel left their family…

After leaving their family, the 7 of them go and live with Kuljeet bhua while Prem-Heer, Preet and Ash sort out their future issues. During this time, Prem comes to realize that Heer never wanted to become a doctor but was only doing so because of her fathers' wish. He then persuades her to follow through with her dreams and she decides to become an Interior designer as she took some classes secretively from her family. Neel's parents break off their friendship with Balraj and Lalit, while supporting their children. Neels parents, Deep and Nishi Mangat, convince Ash & Preet to come stay with them so they can complete their studies. Meanwhile, Prem, Amar and Guneet go get settled in New York City, where Prem is completing his Business course and doing an internship so he can open his own business quickly after his graduation. Heer decides to stay in India with her Kuljeet bhua, until the fall semester begins. Due to the problems Balraj and Lalit create for Guneet's family, Karanvir and Sweety have to come live there as well, with Sweety's deceased bhai's daughter, Kiran. Since Heer had some experience in Interior designing, she is able to do an intership at Shergill Interior Designers. Sumit, Heer's boss hires her because of Heer's talent and quickly she forms a tight bond with his expecting wife (Sati), sister (Swaram) and parents (Kanwal & Jeeti). In a few months, Heer's family and Sumit's family become quite close. During Prem, Amar, Guneet, Neel, Neel's parents and Ash's short visit, Sumit's wife delivers a son, Kunal. Shortly after this, Karan and Sumit's sister, Swaran are married off and move to Dubai with Sweety Aunty and Kiran, where Karan practices law and Kiran studies law as well. Heer heads back to the U.S. to complete a quick designing course and returns to India where Sumit makes her his business partner, but Heer refuses the offer and chooses to work as his top designer. After a year and a half passes since the marriage, life becomes to be settling down for the family. However, their lives are turned inside out when Sumit and Sati die in a car accident. The Shergill family and business begins to fall apart, when Kanwal hands over the business to Heer and Heer steps in to support the Shergills and Sumit/Sati's year old son. After a few months, when the business is legally Heer's, she decides to adopt Kunal, and is supported by Prem who also agrees to take Kunal as his own son and Kanwal/Jeeti as his parents, since he already had formed a extremely close bond with them.  Prem then returns back to the U.S.

In the next 3 years, Prem completes his studies and opens a hotel branch, which quickly expands. Heer is successful in handling the Sumit's business and starts to forget that Kunal is not her own son and that Kanwal/Jeeti aren't her parents-in-law as she loves them more than anything and considers them her own. Heer's step-in-laws and Heer family become extremely tight and everything starts to fall into place. Neel and Preet return to India after completing their studies and Neel takes over the India branch of his dad's transporting business from Chandigarh, whereas Preet becomes Heer's 33% partner in the business as does Amar, while Heer owns 34% of it. However, during the 3 years Heer and Prem did not meet once whereas everyone else visited each other. For Kunal to know his father, Prem, more…he visited him in the U.S. with his grandparents every few months, where Heer could not leave the business as it was steadily become stable again due to her success. However, Premeer talked through phone calls, emails, webcam live video viewing/talking. Finally 5 years have passed and everyone has decided to settle down in Punjab. Karan, Swaran, Sweety Aunty, and Kiran are coming back from Dubai. Prem, Amar, Guneet and Gunamar's son Nickveer (Nick) are coming back from New York City. Ash and Neel's parents (Deep & Nishi) are coming back from the U.S. Everyone will again be together again! However, in these past 5 years, no one has tried to contact or has been contacted by their family that disowned them as they didn't want more problems to arise for them.

Edited by Deepika G. - 15 years ago
DGill28 thumbnail

Chapter 38

About 5 Years Later…

It was early morning in the pind (village) that was just 5 minutes away from the outskirts of Chandigarh, Punjab. The village people were busy in their daily tasks, while the huge new mansion/haweli sat silently at the eastern side of the pind; the front facing the village, while the back faced the hundreds of acres fields and the beginning of the Himalaya Mountains…with a river running past it. To the west of the village laid the National Highway that headed to divine city of Anandpur (to the north) and the modern cities of Chandigarh and Mohali (to the south). Suddenly the peacefulness was broken in the house.

Heer was sleeping peacefully in her bedroom, which was located at the top of Mansion and happened to be the only room besides the sitting room on the 3rd floor.

"HEER BHABHI!!!!" yelled Preet as he ran into Heer's room…jumping on to her bed and sitting next to her trying to wake her up, while Neel sat down on the bed on the other side of Heer. Heer grabbed a pillow and put it against her head so she could block out the noise. However, Preet and Neel continued to shake her, while calling her name out.

Heer sleepily muttered "Please guys…let me sleep a few more minutes"

"NO!!!" shouted both Preet and Neel.

"Well, I don't care…I'm still going to sleep" Heer uttered weakly.

Preet and Neel continued to shake her, trying to get her up, but were failing miserably.

Preet- "What the h*ll, how can she still be sleeping!"

Neel- "Dude…she can give your brother tough competition. I think she might be harder to wake up than him."

Preet and Neel got back to trying to wake her up, when finally Heer threw aside her pillow, sat up in her bed and said "What are you guys doing!?! Can't you see that I'm trying to sleep???" Tum dono toh Kunal se bhi zaada irritating ho!"

Preet- "Oye…how is it our fault if your Romeo is getting impatient to talk to you"

Heer looked at Preet and Neel suspiciously and asked "what are you trying to say?"

Neel- "What we're trying to say is that your sweet husband wants to talk to you urgently…"

Heer looked at them excitedly and said "WHAT!?! Prem ka phone hai!?!"

Preet and Neel smiled at her. Preet handed over the phone to Heer, while Neel said "They talk to each other twice a day and she still gets excited whenever he calls."

Heer took the phone and looked at both of them so they could leave.

Preet- "Kiya baath hai Heer bhabi? Baath kijiya na!"

Heer- "If I could have some privacy…maybe I could talk to your bhaiya"

Neel- "We're not going anywhere Meeti…Maa ka strict orders hai ki aaj hume tumhare saath rehna pardehga sab ka ahna ki thiyaari karna ka liya!"

Heer- "Teek hai…tum dono ABHI toh neecha jao aur mein Prem se baath karke aur thiyaar hokar aathi hoon"

"Bhabi…we're only giving you one hour and after that we're coming to get you aur woh bhi Maa ka saath!" said Preet as both boys left to go downstairs. Heer smiled at them and said "Hello..Prem" into the phone.

Prem- "Hello Heer…kaisi ho tum?"

Heer pretended to act angry and said "Jab aaoge, thabhi dekhlehna ki mein kaisi hoon!"

Prem- "Mujhse naaraz ho?"

"Nahi…Tumse toh mein BOHAT khush hoon!" said Heer sarcastically and continued saying "Aur nahi toh kiya…Haan…I'm very mad at you…I haven't seen you for the past 4 years and you're asking why I'm mad…If you cared about me even a tiny bit you would have at least visited once a year."

Prem- "Ab aisia kiya huwa jo tum ithni gussa hogaye…pehle toh aisi baath kabhi nahi ki tu ne!"

Heer- "Kaisa karthi!!! If I had argued with you earlier then how would these years pass by! Now everyone has settled down, completed their studies, and finished or at least started what they needed to, issi din ka liya mein intezar kar rahi thi! Likhian everyone else, unlike you always came home during their vacations! But you…no!! Tumhe toh apni biwi ki koi fikar nahi hai!"

Prem- "Meri kaami pouri karna ka liya Kunal toh tha!"

"Kunal!?! Kunal kaha gaya?" said Heer as she looked around her room looking for him, realizing she hadn't seem at all since she went to bed last night.

Prem- "What happened?"

Heer- "Kunal isn't here…he wasn't here when Neel and Preet came either! Prem…did you have something important to say, because I have to go find Kunal!"

Prem- "Nahi…I only called to tell you that Amar, Guneet and I will be home in about 4 hours, so I'll see you soon"

Heer smiled and said "Teek hai…mein tumhara intezar kar rahi hoon"

Prem- "Oye Heer…I love you"

Heer blushed and said "I love you too! But I'm still mad at you!" before she hung up. She put the phone down and sat in bed, thinking of Prem. It had been so long since she had seen him.

"BOO!" said Kunal as he jumped out from the side of the bed and landed onto Heer's bed, while disturbing Heer's thought process.

"Hi sexy!!" said 5 year old Kunal as he sat bouncing on the bed in his pajamas, while giving his mom the sweetest smile ever. Heer grabbed his ear and said "Yeh kis na theinu sikhiya?" as she glared at him.

"Mamma..." said Kunal in pain and Heer immediately let go to say "Sorry bache…did it hurt?" in concern.

Kunal- "No..."

Heer's concerned expression then turned into a glare once again as she said "Who taught you to say that? Preet chachu ya Neel mammu ne?"

Kunal grinned at his mother and said through his giggles "Dadu ne!" as he jumped off the bed and ran out of the room. Heer called after him, but he was already gone. A smile formed on Heer's face as she quietly said "Yeh papa bhi na…" referring to her father-in-law. Heer quickly got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to get ready. About an hour later, Heer headed down the stairs wearing a red salwar kameez suit that her mother-in-law had given her to wear that day. Heer walked into the main hall and saw Kanwal (Heer's father-in-law) sitting at the dining table reading his newspaper and besides him sat Kunal, who all ready and reading a book trying to imitate his grandfather. Heer walked up to them and bent down to touch Kanwal's feet to get his blessings. Once he realized what she was doing, he stopped her immediately.

"How many times have I told you not to touch my feet…my blessings are always with you, then what's the need for this?" asked Kanwal.

Heer smiled sweetly and said "Papa…I touch your feet not only to get your blessings, but to show you how much I respect and love you"

Kanwal chuckled and said "You're just like Sati…she always touched my feet even when I told her not to and then she'd give a similar answer, when I asked her this question"

Heer's smile widened and said "Who toh hai…Akhir choti bhen kiski hoon!"

Kanwal laughed with Heer and said "Not even a blood-related sister would show so much love and affection towards her sister's family as much as you have. I'm proud of my son and daughter-in-law that they found you, because if they hadn't then uhnke jahna ka baad toh hum theeno ki zindagi barbaad ho jathi, but you accepted us as parents-in-law and Kunal as your son. Then Prem accepted your decision and treated us like his own parents, but more than that Amar, Karan, Neel's parents, everyone has accepted us. Ab toh tum sab ka bina zindagi adhoori lagti hai"

"And our lives are incomplete without you, uncle! You and aunty stabilized the broken part of our family and helped us get through such a difficult phase in our lives. Likhian ab yeh battein chordo" said Neel as he and Preet joined Kanwal and Kunal at the dining table.

"Arre wah bhabi…you actually got ready within an hour!" Preet said as he smiled at Heer, "I thought you would take longer as PB's coming today and you're seeing him for the first time in 3 years!"

"Preet…" said Heer as she rolled her eyes.

"Yes bhabhi?" Preet asked sweetly.

"Sssuit up!" Kunal said as he giggled causing everyone to break out laughing.

"Hai mera bacha…you're so cute, but you're not supposed to say shut up to your chachu" Heer said sweetly to Kunal, "Now say sorry, beta"

"Showwy" said Kunal as he sweetly smiled at his chachu.

"This kid is one great emotional blackmailer…whenever he wants to get his way, he just makes that cute face and his work is done" Preet said as he grinned at Kunal.

"Like his chachu does, when he's getting yelled at by Heer" Neel said as smirked at Preet.

"And Heer bhabi always forgives me then too! Chal, I'll forgive Kunal if bhabi goes and get's us some breakfast!" Preet said as he smiled at Heer.

"OH HAAN!! You guys made me forget...I was supposed to make breakfast!" Heer said realizing that she was getting late.

"Don't worry beta, you mother's already started making it" Kanwal said after Heer, as she rushed into the kitchen.

Heer quietly tip-toed up behind her mother-in-law as hugged her from behind, scaring the daylights out of her.

"HEER! You scared me, beta!" Jeeti said as she made the aahta for the pranthas.

"This is you're punishment, Mummy. I've told you a million times that I'll do everything…you're supposed to sit and relax, like all elders do." Heer said as she released Jeeti and took over her job.

"But beta..." started Jeeti, but Heer cut in saying "But, wut kuch nahi…you're my saas and this is your bahu's hukam that you go sit and relax. I'll make breakfast and then mein apka paar (feet) dabonge".

"Not today beta...Prem, Swaran, and everyone else is coming back after so many years…let me at least help you today!" Jeeti asked Heer sweetly. Heer had always considered her more as a mother than her muh boli mother-in-law as did Jeeti considered Heer as her daughter too, but to joke around with each other; they always played their saas-bahu games.

"Okay saasu-ma, but only this once!" Heer said giving into her mother-in-laws request. Both got back to finishing making breakfast. About a half-hour later, they had the maids set up the table with food as the saas-bahu pair led the way.

"mmmm…this looks amazing…" said Preet as he dug into his breakfast.

"and that too like always" finished Neel.

"No one else's cooking can match Maa aur bhabi's" Preet said as he placed 2-3 pranthas in his plate.

"Besides me!" Swaran said.

Everyone turned around and saw Swaran (Kanwal's daughter & Karan's wife), Karan, Sweety Aunty (Guneet's mom) and Kiran standing at the door, while the servants brought in their luggage.

"Heer didi!!" shrieked Kiran as she ran and hugged Heer, while Karan, Swaran, and Sweety aunty followed closely behind, greeting the other's at the table.

Kiran made her way around the table greeting everyone else; she hugged Kanwal and gifted Kunal with Chocolates. She made her way to the other side and excitedly said "PREET!!" as she ran and hugged him.

"Hey Kiran!!!" Preet said as he released her, "Looks like you put on some weight."

Kiran glared at him and playfully punched him saying "and you look like you've been deprived of food…it doesn't matter how many vraath's you keep, no decent girl will ever want to marry you, so you can stop with the vraath's."

"Now I know why I wasn't missing you" said Preet.

"But I missed you veer…" replied Kiran seriously. Preet smiled at her and gave her a side hug. Kiran then turned to Neel, with her eyebrows raised and her arms folded, while Preet put his arm around her shoulder.

"Hi" said Neel in a serious tone as he sat back down at the table.

"Who says hi like that! Pyaar se nahi bol sakte? And di, haven't you taught your boyfriend how to behave around beautiful ladies like me!" Kiran said as she sat down at the dining table with Sweety Aunty, Neel, Swaran and Karan to eat breakfast.

"What do I teach him…jab se mera viyaah hoya, tabse yeh lardkiyon se bhaag tha rehta hai, jaisa ki they'll eat him alive" Heer said as she and her saas served everyone breakfast.

"Before I got married, he had an excuse of me being his girlfriend, but now he doesn't have any so he just avoids them all together. If he hung out with girls more often, then maybe he would know how to behave" continued Heer.

"What, he still avoids girls?" asked Deep, Neel's father.

Neel's parents and Ash had just arrived, and walked over to where everyone was having breakfast.

"I guess, we won't be eating breakfast in peace today" said Preet as they all got up once again to greet the new arrivals.

Nishi, Neel's mom, walked over to Neel and said "Iss lardka ka mein kiya karonge…One day you'll have to get married beta and we're giving you the chance to find our bahu…but you still avoid the girls."

Kiran put her arm around Nishi's shoulder and said "Arre chachiji, you're going to have to find a girl that can put up with his nakhre and I don't think there's a girl in this world that can do that".

"Chachiji, if you want, I can start looking for a bride for our Neel" said Swaran, as she released Ash from their hug.

"Haan bhenji, humare Dubai mein bohat Punjabi lardkiyan hain jo shayad Neel ko pasand aah jaan" Sweety aunty said as everyone sat down to eat breakfast again.

"Iss India ki lardkiya pasand nahi karthi, toh phir Dubai ki kaha karenge…aur vaise bhi, koi mentally unstable lardki hi iss se shaadi kar sakti hain" said Kiran.

"She's right…what guy runs away from girls. Beta, we won't mind if your preference is different from normal guys…phir toh you don't need to get married. We'll be more than happy to adopt Preet" said Deep as everyone laughed.

"Dad, you're jokes aren't funny" Neel said.

"Ash, you're a doctor now, so can you please check what's wrong with his eyes and ears…he can see and hear us laughing at chachaji's jokes" said Kiran as Preet high-fived her.

"Rehna dao…no one needs to do anything. As if yeh Heer aur Jeeti aunty weren't enough that you all are going to start playing cupid's role now.

"Heer was telling me, last year you didn't have a valentine" started Karan.

"Beta, he's never had a valentine" Kanwal stated seriously, as he also high-fived his best friend, Deep.

"Oh haan!" Di said that you told cupid that you thought you were handsome and he almost died laughing…!" Ash excitedly said.

"He almost did, but he survived the shock. Though cupid did decide not to take the risk again and skipped coming here" said Jeeti as everyone laughed.

"Why is everyone after me today!?! If my head wasn't hurting, then I'd see how you'd say all this to me" cried Neel.

"Get married Neel and then we won't bother you" said Heer as she fed Kunal.

"Haan mammu…get shaadi, get shaadi!" through his full mouth.

"So Kiran, you'll need to be getting ready soon" said Preet.

"For what?" asked a confused Kiran.

"You're the only one, besides bhabi that can deal with Neel, so it'll be you two that getting married" said Preet as he made a run for it.

Both Neel and Kiran said "Never" at the same time and started running after Preet, while throwing things. Everyone laughed at the sight, as Heer got up to stop the fight.

"Bandhar kahi ka…tu viyaah karle iss chapard ganju (idiot) se" shouted Kiran as she threw a pillow at Preet, but hit Neel instead.

"Oye Hitler ki bhen…watch your aim!" shouted Neel as he bumped into a table by the front door, causing a vase to fall, and spilling water on the floor.

"Hitler hongaya tera bache!" Kiran shouted back as she missed catching Preet by an inch. Preet jumped over the water, barely missing it, but Heer wasn't as successful. She didn't stop in time and slipped on the water and lost her balance as she started to fall. Her eyes widened, then shut them tightly waiting for the pain to come, but it didn't. She felt someone grab her arm and pulled her towards them and held her around the waist. She put her hands on his shoulder for support, as her heart skipped a beat. She didn't have to open her eyes to see who it was, because her heart had already recognized the person.

**Hi everyone! How are you all!?! Yes…looks like 'Mannat' started all over again, but I got pretty tired of the last track and couldn't find a logical way to end it and I felt it was too early for it to be ending anyways. I also didn't want to write about what happened after they left, because it would have been quite boring, so I took...well my story took a leap. I hope you all like the current track. 2 new love tracks will start in addition to Premeer's love story. You'll be quite happy with the type of Premeer scenes you get to read about. I think this is a good change for me as a writer. Oh yeah…people have been wondering when I'm posting my new ff…I've finalized the date as Feb. 28th…the day is quite important and special to me, so I couldn't find another better day to start it. My next update will be Saturday.**

~Deepika

Edited by Deepika G. - 15 years ago
-Garima- thumbnail
Yay!! Me is First!!! Woohooo!! In order to reply to your longggg update, it's going to take me time to analyze it and stuff, so I will be editing this and hopefully you'll see my reply by friday!! So I here by....
 *RESERVED*

*Edit*

Okieee!!!! I'm backk!!!!!!!!!!!!! see, I'm not late this time!! LOL! 😆😆

So, first off, I'd like to Congratulate you on your second part of Mannat!!! woohoo!! Time to partyy!!! 🥳
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
^lol...I guess you can tell that I'm a little high right now!! 😆

OMG!! The summary was soooo longgg!!! Infact the whole update was the size of the Nile River!!!! lolz, but that's not such a bad thing!!! LOL but I felt really bad for you, especially your hands, how did you manage to type all that??? Poor hands of yours, I hope they are still managing to work, lol!!😆

There are so many new characters!!! wow!!! and OMG I was so right, you did take a leap!! now this totally proves I'm phycic!!! Boo-Yaaa!!! LOL!! 😆😆

Im so happy that Premeer and the others found someone who would keep them as their own family members!! how sweet!!!😳😳 and wow, they even adopted Kunal!!! aawwww...they have a little family of their own!! and Btw, did I mention Kunal is the CUTEST thing ever!!!!! I swear, in the future if he ever needs a girlfriend...mention my name in it😉😉...LMAO!!! Hahahaha!! 🤣

Okay, lets keep going on now, shall we...😉

Awww, bechaare Prem aur Heer, 3 saal tak nahin mile?? aww, I bet that really sucks for them!!😭 But yay!! after so many years he's coming back...or should I say he has come back!!! Cuz obviously the person who kept Heer from falling to the floor was her very own beloved husband Prem 😳 Sho Shweettt!!!!! *sigh* I hope I find my self someone like Prem!!! lol, but there's still lots of time till then!! hehe 😆😆

Aww, Poor Neel, getting lectures for marraige!! lmao!! and how much you wanna bet he's gonna hook up with *cough cough* Kiran!!! LOL😆😆😆

I love the whole family!! they're so sweet and just simply wonderful!!! Heer and Prem couldn't hve gotten a better family!!😳😳😳 I just hope their cousins in their original families didn't forget them and are still on their side!! well, that'll come later on...I just cant wait to see more Premeer scences, and the two new love stories!! hehehehe!! can't wait for your next update!!!

Byeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!😛
Luv,
Garima 😳

Edited by srklover93 - 15 years ago
P.Kamaljit.Sean thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
awesum super fantastic update
wow leap yayay
awww premeer adopted kunal nice
kunal is sooo sweet
yay prem grab heer
wonder what will happen next?
👏Edited by pooji123456789 - 15 years ago
Nitty2910 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

wow mannat 2 really great so everyone has moved on in life and also become sucessfull.. that's good. waiting for next part...

rainydays. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Deepika =)

I've been a silent reader of Mannat I and I just wanted to say I love your FF and the way you write. And I love the way you incorporate punjabi culture into it =)

Mannat II:

Wow...that's so intense. So much has happened in the last 5 years, getting married, being disowned, having a son. Wow...I love how Neel's parents were so supportive =)

Aww poor Heer's trying to sleep but Preet and Neel won't let her😆 I love how she gets up as soon as they mention Prem😆

And I loved their phone conversation. So sweet. And she has a good reason to be mad at him too. I wonder how Prem will manao her...

I loved how Kunal comes out of no where. And I bet it was either Neel or Preet who taught him that😆 Oh wait it was her father-in-law. Nvm😆

Aww her parents-in-law are so sweet, treating Heer like family and all. And Kunal is so adorable! I wanna pinch his cheeks😳

Kiran's so funny😆 Saying Preet won't find a good girl😆 I lovve how they tease Neel. Poor guy runs from girls and everyone's after him to get married😆 And Kiran's side comments about him getting a girl mentally unstable is funny😆

Hitler ki behen🤣 Where do you come up with this stuff?😆 I bet Neel and Kiran will end up together though

Omg Prem caught Heer! I know it's him! And very dramatic entry too, catching her before she falls😍 I wanna know what happens next! The suspense is killing me! Please update soon =)

Momana thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
it's sooo gudd can't wait for the next part....
HCDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
😊hey DI. how r u? man wat a start.. wanting more to read already. so everyone has found their place in life, and is leading a good life so far. i cant wait to read how u put this together.. i loved Mannat 1. and i noe for sure Mannat 2 is going to sky rocket*whoosh!*
prem and heer havnt seen eachother for 3years..awwww.
again i say i love Preet. stil do, he hasnt changed much.  have i mentioned that kunal is a sweetheart?!?!?!?*pinches cheeks* kitna sona munda hai..
poor neel everyone is after him.. even kiran.. i like her..she is funny, are neel and kiran going to end up together.???..maybe..just a thought..me wondering how u come up with lines like hitler ki behen, and then a reaction like Hitler hongaya tera bache
 loved how u still have the preet is gay thing going... halarious.. loved ur update alot.
and heer-jeeti relationship, so nice.
hmmmm maybe ash n preet have a future?? okay... kya entry tha??*whistles* woooooohooooooo!!!  prem..after 3 full years.. i cant wait to see the reactions. and u have some different types of premeer scenes for us. cant wait. to read them. cant wait till u update..*checks calendar*.. drats*snaps fingers*.. tuesday is soo farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....*groans*, anyway i really cant wait till u update the next parts...and do take care...
~nikki😳🤗*BIG hug 2 u*
asyasahil928 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey
u started a sequel part to the first...thats awesome. 👏 I like the background of this story. I love kunal...he is so cute. I know who the person is....its our cute and lovely prem. cant wait for some premeer scenes. update soon. 😊
Edited by Ghia - 15 years ago