Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-funnfrolic- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Pri... just relax it ... you mentioned your point of view and I think siddy mentioned hers. There is no need to take anything to heart. It ok to criticize a character.... but its not ok to go overboard and bash. I am no one to comment on the previous FC since I was not active much - but bashing prem is something that wont be tolerated in this FC,.... I dont even see any reason to criticize Prem.
-funnfrolic- thumbnail
Analyzing Prem just in case every one has forgotten what Prem was all about...

Attempting to Answer - What Prem is all about

I really didn't know how to start this analysis so I took help from a friend, as I always do, whenever I am stuck with writers block! For her - Silence is the best conversation, one can have & there is no greater feeling - than the feeling of not saying a word and yet walking away, thinking it's the best conversation, you have ever had.  

For her, what's beautiful about Prem's & Heer's Love is the entire notion of love' love which is a beautiful emotion, one where the hearts speak, the eyes see and the ears hear. It's the unspoken language of the heart, eyes, ears and the mind. It's the belief, faith in each other and an understanding of a different level altogether, where they just need to look at each other to know what the other person is going through. They don't need to say a word, yet they talk' they understand.

Remember Jugni's prediction ' "when these two will meet, it will be a moment, the world will remember for a long time to come". The episode yesterday, bought back memories of the Challa Scene, Kalash Scene and the Shiv Mandir Scene.  When we are growing up, we are always told - the one man for you is the one who has the guts to quit and leave the world for you. For Prem, this world is his family and he places his family at a level above him, and his parents on the same pedestal as God. So, when he considers his Parents to be God, he knows he can't lie and he knows he can't betray them.

He places his family at a level above him and they mean the world to him, so anything pain, misery, suffering to them, pains him and he would rather bear the pain and the brunt of it all, then to cause them pain, He will do anything for their happiness. His roots are with the family and hence his entire being is with his family. He places his family at a level above Heer and that's because he considers Heer to be at an equal and at par with him. He knows that Heer and him are one. They are one soul, two hearts beating as one.

Though, it is for his family he will do anything, It is heer, who is in his blood and veins and any disrespect to her, means disrespecting him. Not trusting her, means not trusting himself. Not believing her, means not believing himself.

The thing with Prem is that he has a lot of responsibilities. He has had to forego his dreams, his happiness and somewhere down the line priorities have changed for him. He has forgotten how to dream and its Heer teaching him how to dream.

He keeps telling Heer to watch out for herself and think for herself first not because he wants her to be strong - thats one reason but the main reason is that he wants her to grow. He does not want her to be making the same mistakes he has made. For right now, for him, his life is short a life, where he wanted to do so many things and right now, when he thinks time is slipping away and is beyond his reach - he wants heer to live his share of life - one he thinks he cant live.

He is telling Heer that he wants to see everyone smile and be happy because he cares for everyone, he knows life is all about moving on and he views life as one to be celebrated so he wants everyone to celebrate his life and be happy

Right now - He wishes he can grow old with her - for him and for heer, love is all about growing old with a person...its what some one once told me, you know you are in love, when you will want to grow old with the person.

When he said, it was his heart which did the dokha, he meant the promises he couldn't keep and this is what is causing him more anguish and pain, may be some guilt too ' for deep down, he knows that indirectly or directly, it is this decision of his, which is responsible for the plight,  Heer is undergoing right now. He knows, he is asking for the impossible from her but then he also knows, they are each other strengths and from each other, they derive this strength. He cant look into her eyes, for he knows the pain i her eyes are because of the decisions, he takes. Somewhere, deep down in his heart, he hopes, that she is the one to stop him - for he surely does not want to go. It's like, he is forcing himself to take this extreme step against his own will, a step that is hurting him but he would rather, he would suffer silently, than make others suffer - for Prem truly embodies his own name.

He reaches out to Heer, as it's the only re assurance he needs to know that he is doing the right thing now. Her eyes are telling him,not to be self sacrificial lamb and her eyes are pleading with him not to go. He can't look at her, as he knows he is wrong but he is helpless and broken at the hands of his own fate. He knows, it's her belief that will get them together and it's her belief in their fate that is his support system right now and he is hoping against hopes that she is right once again.

Prem is a very sensitive and emotional and he keeps his pain to himself, because he does not trust any one else worthy enough to share his pain and the only person with whom he can open up is Heer. So, it kills him when Heer does not look at him. He can't take it, when she does not talk to him and I would say, he is intrigued when she ignores him because she is there in his heart, mind, soul and body and he can not stand it, when she is not around. He needs her, because she is his support system right now just as he is hers.

Male Ego at Play? May be, May be Not..... but this behaviour of his is judged by the statement: " Play hard to get!! The more you run away from a person, the more they run after you".  It's the universal truth of life! Recalling what Peer Baba told Heer, tera pyar ibadat hoga, junoon hoga. He worships/respects Heer for what she is and what he is, when he is with her. Its the junoon of his at play, when some one dare point a finger at Heer, disrespect her or then when she does not look at him.

I wouldnt say it's madness but I would say, it is another form of love. I wouldnt say its possessiveness but it's a form of being there for each other when they need each other. They both know there is a delicate line, and that line can not be crossed. He is intrigued by her attitude (when you throw attitude coupled with arrogance, its a fact of life, you tend to get intrigued and want to know why! )

Prem is some one who is deeply attached to his family, whose roots are with the family and hence his entire being is with the family and he will do anything for their happiness - even foresake his own happiness for them.  Yet at this point of time he is torn between promises, commitment, responsibility and moral obligations. Promises of being with Heer always and a commitment of spending his entire life with her , responsibility he has towards his family versus a moral obligation towards the mother of Gaurav Sharma.

This is leading to a conflict in his mind which is confusing him and making him believe that the family and heer is better off with him. He wants them to be happy and he probably thinks that the family's happiness lies without him. He does not want to give new hopes and new promises, and hence he kept his distance. It's more like he is succumbed to his own so called short lived fate which is of no fault of his really. More than the guilt, it is the thought, the realization that today may be the last day, I will live - he is spending little moments with the family,  for he wants to savour them till the last' for him, its these moments that he would be cherishing for a long time to come....which he wants the family to cherish for long.... He wanted to cherish these moments with Heer and hence he wanted to say good bye, and he wanted to make that moment special' - for he knows, these are the moments that the family will remember forever, when he is gone.

Because Prem is a dhai akshar shabd '. Because Prem means pyar, love and love means giving'. Pyar dena ka naam hai, lena ka nahin. '..Because, Prem is a man of principles and he is some one, who keeps his words and promises. And the best way to do so it how my friend exlplained it to me, quoting Robert Frost.

" The Woods are lovely, dark and deep but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep" .... is best explained by " He wishes, he has miles to go before he sleeps as he has promises to keep' but his life is lonely, dark and deep"
VandyP thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
sorry wrong post
Edited by riks1 - 15 years ago
-funnfrolic- thumbnail
I was just talking to siddy... she cant log on as she is studying for her exams.... but here is what she has to say....when she saw the FC, she didnt see who posted what and all she saw was that the character was being bashed and called names She didnt know who was posting what, all she saw was the word being used...

Pri.. just an after thought my inputs - and this goes for everyone in the forum... Prem is some one's imagination, its harshad who makes prem possible. By Bashing Prem, you are bashing Harshad indirectly...all of us are entitled to express our views - but within limits and all of us are game for constructive criticism...
-funnfrolic- thumbnail
I am at work right now and I hope there wont be any further issue created in this.... Talk to you guyys later...
-Payal- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mistyeyed_25

Heelloooooo Darlingssss..... how are you doing tioday... ahem so shall we start talking about a certain Mr Prem Juneja & Kasauli - imagine the vaadiyana and the thandi thandi hawa

Hey Misty!

Good to see you here, ji.  How are you?

Prem in Kasauli, huh?  I just hope they get some alone time to have a good heart to heart adult conversation before the kabab mein haddi's arrive - b/c I think they will - but we're not here to talk about them. 

Like I said, I just want them to have an adult conversation - no reservations, no guilt, I just want them talk it out like they've been preaching to their respective siblings. 

But I will take anything I can get if they keep the essense of this particular premeer alive - the premeer we've had for the past 3 days....they're simply spellbounding....*dreamy muh*
-Cupcake- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Heena,Anusha,I'm fine...thnks,i'm glad u guys liked tht siggy n Heena😳,u can use it😛

Priya,thankss....me too saw u at the EDT😉....I dont post there though....I guess I'm better off here only😆

Zainu Di,thankss a tons for that interview😃🤗🤗

Payal Di,that's so sweet of u...thanks for that youtube link...the song was awesome....loved it😛
oh I posted it before?😕i don't remember...I ws going through my photobucket account n came across tht siggy so posted it Lol...

Shabs,u r rite...we stay in touch n  that's what matters...however the busy life thing
doesn't apply to me😆...I'm a complete bekhandi till the end of June😆😆.....n those pics in the siggy r from the 7th August epi when Meher n Dheer dress up like Heer n Prem n dance to "wada raha"😛

oh btw,one thing I found funny was that every male in the Juneja house...right from Lalit to Vikas has a white kurta😆

okayy guys I'm off for now...SBS is gonnna start in some time...I hope they show something today Lol

Edited by -Cupcake- - 15 years ago
-Payal- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Cupcake-

Payal Di,that's so sweet of u...thanks for that youtube link...the song was awesome....loved it😛
oh I posted it before?😕i don't remember...I ws going through my photobucket account n came across tht siggy so posted it Lol...

Aaaw, you're so very welcome dear.  I love that song, so when you said you hadn't heard it, I just HAD to link you.  I am glad you liked it.  I thought you might - its just one of those songs that you can't help but like, you know?  Okay, I know, now I'm getting carried away.
And yea dear, you had posted it once before leaving for your exams, but koi baat nahi, we have new members na, aur unhone nahi dekhi ye sig, so am sure they appreciated it.  And anyway, who says you can't post your siggies again and again.  Hehehe....we won't complain - post them as u please =)

oh btw,one thing I found funny was that every male in the Juneja house...right from Lalit to Vikas has a white kurta😆

Certain Juneja men (ahem...read Senior Mr. P. Juneja) look, well, downright handsome in a white kurta.  *hides muh* 😆

okayy guys I'm off for now...SBS is gonnna start in some time...I hope they show something today Lol

Do come back and give us the 4-1-1 if you can, Mehooo!  Thanks deary! 

Annnd, as usual, for Daisy:  HC
Edited by -Payal- - 15 years ago
-Cupcake- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -Payal-

Aaaw, you're so very welcome dear.  I love that song, so when you said you hadn't heard it, I just HAD to link you.  I am glad you liked it.  I thought you might - its just one of those songs that you can't help but like, you know?  Okay, I know, now I'm getting carried away.

I don't blame for getting carried away....the song is really nice...I'm hearing it again n again

And yea dear, you had posted it once before leaving for your exams, but koi baat nahi, we have new members na, aur unhone nahi dekhi ye sig, so am sure they appreciated it.  And anyway, who says you can't post your siggies again and again.  Hehehe....we won't complain - post them as u please =)

I won't post the old ones again.....nahi toh sab maarenge mujhe for spamming the FC with my creations😆

Certain Juneja men (ahem...read Senior Mr. P. Juneja) look, well, downright handsome in a white kurta.  *hides muh* 😆

ohh yaaa😍😍and we get to him in a white kurta quite a lot these days😳....but my fav is the one which he was wearing in the "ho gayi tumhaari bakwaas khatam" scene....Nihaal choried it after that😡😆

Do come back and give us the 4-1-1 if you can, Mehooo!  Thanks deary! 

nothing on SBS today...but I caught a SPA promo....HC n AG were there at the end,they were standing with Naitik-Akshara n other ppl....AG was wearing the black n red suit n had a aarti ki thaali in her hand while HC was holding a garland and he wearing a blue shirt

Annnd, as usual, for Daisy:  HC

VandyP thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: lilsasha

hi buddies...........

howz everyone?....
 hey shab......😊😊😊
Today's epi - so so.. i will give 5/10 cos of 2 long GMara Scenes...
Was it just me when Prem was instructing Meher not to step out of house alone, I felt he was indirectly instructing Heer as well.. wasn't he? I got one question.... Meher didn't come home alone, she came with them right?...so why did he say "uske baad tum club se akele ghar aayi"?
nahi nahi it was not only you......it was actually prem instructing heer indirectly not to move out of the house alone at night.,.........awwwww prem......i love him all the more for being soooo possesive😳

Oye Vandy - These pics u posted... I noticed that in most of these pic, he is looking at her lower nose region.. I know i know u didn't do this jaan poochkar.... 😉....😆
shab!!!!.....you know naa i didn't do it jaan boojhkar😉😉...abb main kya karoo.....if prem was eyeing the lower nose region......the pics were bound to capture that look😆..waise yame par aa for discussing these things......i guess you're forgetting abt the moral police😆

chal bye now...will catch up with you later...
vandy 

Edited by riks1 - 15 years ago