Users

Frequent Posters

Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
ARR is cool as a cucumber

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Awwwwwwwww  πŸ€—  Your lovely rear end 😳 is required pronto in SRGMP sec to take care of business πŸ˜†

'morrow for sure πŸ€— right now, my rear end really needs to reacquaint itself with the mattressπŸ˜†  Too tired right now.  Hope our GURia rani is behaving thereπŸ˜†
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

[  Hope our GURia rani is behaving thereπŸ˜†

I have made sure thats what he has to do πŸ˜†
-KingAragorn- thumbnail
Hundreds of good movies are not even reviewed for nomination. So, winning the Oscar isn't that important. An Oscar winning movie may not actually be one of the top ten movies of the year.

Slumdog has bagged 8! That's nice!. But better movies have been made. I will watch the movie and give my opinion. One thing I don't have any doubt about is AR Rehman. That guy always creates magic. He deserves it.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Aww Little Jamal, his eyes were shining, soaking in every memory. He looked so genuinely happy. This is a memory that will stay with him for life. No matter what any of us think in the past 18 pages and countless other topics - it was worth winning for those innocent eyes - well beyond worth winning really.

Quality of a movie - Debatable
Tearing a movie to bits - Debatable
Depictions and Motivations - Debatable

A child's memory of a lifetime - Unquestionable and priceless.

Beautifully said!

I was SO touched to watch the kids on stage finally! THEY are the true heroes of this movie! And little Jamaal is the CUTEST thing ever!
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: stingray

Hundreds of good movies are not even reviewed for nomination. So, winning the Oscar isn't that important. An Oscar winning movie may not actually be one of the top ten movies of the year.  Totally, It doesn't have to be.

Slumdog has bagged 8! That's nice!. But better movies have been made. I will watch the movie and give my opinion. One thing I don't have any doubt about is AR Rehman. That guy always creates magic. He deserves it.  I think you should first watch the film & then comment. No one here claims that it is the best film ever. But It is one of them, IMO.

So happy,

I am glad the underdog rose to the top!

it proves that story wins over anything, wins over high expensive CG, high expensive sets etc..

Story makes the $$$...
-KingAragorn- thumbnail

Lolz... I know, Liza.... but I'm eager to comment and I have no means to watch it right now. I understand it's very wrong but I promise it won't happen again. Do you think I can be forgiven? 😊

Originally posted by: stingray

Lolz... I know, Liza.... but I'm eager to comment and I have no means to watch it right now. I understand it's very wrong but I promise it won't happen again. Do you think I can be forgiven? 😊

lol I love ur sig!!!
Oscar yup it won loads- but still a british movie just set in India IMO like all Hollywood movies filmes/set in other countries. Dunno not read any topics but iChief Minister Sheila Dikshit saying it had ''''created history in the field of Indian cinema''' - - - british film?? duhhh since wen did karan johar make it? lol

I think after all the hype and everything - movie wasn't spectacular - not saying it was bad but in terms of what it has achieved its remarkable so go Brits (haha we never win anything) i guess it proved being worthy but if there wasn't so much hype from before would it have won?

I just don't see what is so good about the movie to win so many oscars...😳 its average in most aspects and also if you copmpared it with others ( i havent seen them) but it was better than them but if you compared it to something popular like HP πŸ˜† HP would win - πŸ˜†
Edited by anon - 15 years ago